Calling all posters new and old

CoolClyde

Make me a MOD and see how quickly I whip some of you Melofanboys into shape.

obm.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

:teeth::teeth::teeth: Never underestimate the genius of CoolClyde, gentlemen. That's ****ing brilliant.

The site's fine. I think anyone pining for the mod job needs to realize that they're attempting to fix something that's not broken.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ I agree.

RJ is a fine Mod -- especially because he is one of the most level-headed, and composed posters on here.

But if there was a 2nd mod, perhaps it would be good if it would be the bad cop to his good cop. Be the more aggressive ying to his yang.

I agree w/ Crazy, though, re: design. IMHO (well, this is fact, not opinion :beer:), it isn't an issue of graphical richness with (good) design, but in the user interface (ie how we actually use the site).

There will always be some clutter, and always be some fagtards running around wild and realizing our darkest fears (tribute to KingStarbury w that line...one of his classics), but, ideally, design improvement should make it easier for clutter to not appear happen at the same rate in the first place, or for it to not be as noticeable.

I didn't even get chance to see the link, but what Metro suggested and I'm sure is the link, would be a prime example of a user interface/UI change. Whatever is in the link is one graphical way of delivering it (and I'm sure it could be improved with some tweaks).

Once you make a real design change like that, when it comes to slapping on the colors and bells n whistles (ie what people usually think of when they think design), it's super easy and takes up hardly time and resource (and can also be changed very easily, moving forward).

One thing I think would be good is to add a basic "donate" button and option to support the site. I mean, ****, let's be honest, most fools around here won't give a dime covered in **** :lol: But hey, I bet some peeps would throw a few quarters around, and you never know when some high roller or generous man might splash some gelt around....

Attach this to a special sub forum for VIPs (aka people who contributed to the istes growth, by posting history or financial tribute), where you could settle on new features or cool **** run off the site with the money raised.

Just some random ass ideas while I watch my Rangers get smoked like ****ing lox.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it. As of today i have started the process of upgrading the forum software and we're currently running on vB 3.8.7. Later this week i will take it to the next level and upgrade to the latest version available - (vB 4.2).

I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.

Design: with all the changes due to upgrades, we will probably lose the current format. Although i am very fond with this classic theme and colors we might just have to come up with something new and simple. If anyone here is a designer and would like to put his finger print on the layout, send a pm!

Donations: A button for donations has always been available on the footer of every page. However, i never asked for any, because the google ads that ran on the forum up until last month when they got disabled, helped me with all the costs needed. Still, if you feel about donating a few bucks - it's more than welcome - i can think of a system that will benefit all the contributing members.. maybe something like clutchfans has?

Let me know

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Thank you all for your input, i really appreciate it. As of today i have started the process of upgrading the forum software and we're currently running on vB 3.8.7. Later this week i will take it to the next level and upgrade to the latest version available - (vB 4.2).

I also understand the need of keeping the board more organized - the most important things here are the duplicate threads and multiple trade suggestions that are going out of the hand most of the times. Therefore, i don't think adding some extra moderators is a bad idea. I'm thinking about promoting RunningJumper to SuperModerator and get some of the top posters in the mod team to help out keeping the forums well organized and clean: Crazy, Metro, Clyde, iSaYughh, dzwonsson, KS3.. - if you want the position, and it's cool with everybody, you can have it.

Design: with all the changes due to upgrades, we will probably lose the current format. Although i am very fond with this classic theme and colors we might just have to come up with something new and simple. If anyone here is a designer and would like to put his finger print on the layout, send a pm!

Donations: A button for donations has always been available on the footer of every page. However, i never asked for any, because the google ads that ran on the forum up until last month when they got disabled, helped me with all the costs needed. Still, if you feel about donating a few bucks - it's more than welcome - i can think of a system that will benefit all the contributing members.. maybe something like clutchfans has?

Let me know
Great News to hear, looking forward to all the new features and upgrades.

Thumbs up on promoting Running Jumper & Thumbs up on the idea of having those listed posters as Mods, they all have my vote no problems this way i'm cool with it.

GOOD LUCK with the New Design :gony:

metrocard

Legend
Thanks Rady, I like the direction your going, this site can blow up like clutch fans if we put the work into it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Intriguing! What sort of upgrades are we talking here, Rady?

I think I'd quite like to take on the responsibility, but I'm one of the few posters that have been banned here on KO. :couto: I'll put my hand up, but would only take on the prestige :lol: if others were to consider it OK. I was thinking I'd have less time with a newborn on my hands, but I actually have more now that I've stopped going out thrice a week because the whiskey beckons.

RunningJumper is still hands down the prototype for the gig, I'd say that if anyone else were to be voted in it'd be..........................well...........nobody really. Some worthy names would be SSj4wingzero, Oldtimer, KBlack25 and LJ4ptplay, but they're all rarely on here.

I like the theme, but I'd definitely like to see something that'd outdo other competing sites. Don't know if CoolClyde would be keen, but he'd be a dude to talk to for sure. He's our resident artist?.

Do we have any design boffins on board here?

Let me know

I'm old school on the payment front - cash, cash, cash and keep the receipt. So I very rarely make payments over the internet. I'll look in to it though. How much do you want? ?100? I can throw you that, no worries.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, if there's nothing against me being promoted to a mod I'd love to help this board improve and get more organized.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Well, if there's nothing against me being promoted to a mod I'd love to help this board improve and get more organized.

I nominate myself as moderator on an interim basis. If you do not enjoy my wisdom, then no one loses.

But we all have much to gain. Real Talk, gang.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy⑧s;237248 said:
Intriguing! What sort of upgrades are we talking here, Rady?

Honestly i haven't looked on the new features that come with the newer versions but i know security has been improved. I will look for a list and post it here though, i'm also curious what else is new besides adding tags to new threads.

Crazy⑧s;237248 said:
I think I'd quite like to take on the responsibility, but I'm one of the few posters that have been banned here on KO. :couto:
And one of the two that gets a mod spot :lol:

Crazy⑧s;237248 said:
I'll put my hand up, but would only take on the prestige :lol: if others were to consider it OK.
Who wouldn't? Jpz doesn't post here anymore :(

Crazy⑧s;237248 said:
I'm old school on the payment front - cash, cash, cash and keep the receipt. So I very rarely make payments over the internet. I'll look in to it though. How much do you want? ?100? I can throw you that, no worries.

?100 is waay too much (was thinking to something like $5-10), and i already got one donation from Sage(?) - thanks man, that was nice - you're our first contributing member!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
?100 is waay too much (was thinking to something like $5-10), and i already got one donation from Sage(?) - thanks man, that was nice - you're our first contributing member!
You probably just received $10 from the Netherlands. ;)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Honestly i haven't looked on the new features that come with the newer versions but i know security has been improved. I will look for a list and post it here though, i'm also curious what else is new besides adding tags to new threads.

And one of the two that gets a mod spot :lol:

:lol: Speaking of which, what would become available to me [if voted in] in terms of capabilities on the site? Probably a PM topic.

Who wouldn't? Jpz doesn't post here anymore :(

:teeth: He rarely ever did anyways. lol, JPZ.

Oh.....OK. Ummmmmmmm how much do you need to make the site as best as possible, is supposedly the right question to ask here.

In a more in depth sense, how far are you willing to go to make the site better, and how much will it cost? I'd like to know the ins and outs about what the limits are within reason, and the limits of what we can achieve as a site monetarily and what contributions we'd need from designers and web geeks etc.

Interesting stuff, no?

Sage

Rotation player
€100 is waay too much (was thinking to something like $5-10), and i already got one donation from Sage(?) - thanks man, that was nice - you're our first contributing member!

Yah that was me. I didn't really know what a good amount to put in was (I think I ended up sending $30), but if you get an idea of how much the place costs to run a year, plus any extra things you wanna do, (and hey you gotta have a little spending money!), I'm sure we can find a way to entice people to donate.

Last edited: