Knicks V Pacers - Mar 13 + 15: Home And Away Double Thread Special

Exactly. There is a big time weakness in this team & it's not MDA it's the Center position.

QUEENS1985, MDA doesnt use his center. Let me ask you. Would you rather have STAT try to guard Hibbert while he's in foul trouble or Turiaf/Sheldon Williams? STAT is a bad matchup even if he isnt in foul trouble. A couple of shrewd defensive manuvers and we win this game going away. It wouldnt even be a struggle.

Put the bigs in there and let them bang with a light weight Hibbert. Let Turiaf and Hansborough try to out hustle one another. Turiaf wins some of those battles.

I know your response will be these guys suck. IMHO you ask them to do specific things that they can do and they'll do it well enough. The problem is they dont get asked.

You guys keep thinking we're going to get Jordan, Dalembert or whoever and MDA will use them. First I doubt we get either, because he doesnt want them. Remember he'd rather do it his way. Second if we do neither is the type of big MDA covets. Just look at tonights game. Turiaf does some of the same things Dalembert does, but MDA starts Williams.

Look at the bigs this cat has gone through since he's been here. Curry, Darko, Randolph, Hill, Moz. All could have offered this particular team SOMETHING. Except for Moz forcing his way into the lineup none of them played. Besides Curry they've all been exiled and are now helping their respective teams try to win games.

This coach is a complete JOKE...

OMG i just lost all of my respect for D'antoni. In the post game they asked him "what do you think was wrong defensively tonight?" D'antoni responds " i don't think anything was wrong with our defense we just weren't making shots" WTF! is this coach retarded?

You're kidding right? No the MDA apologists will say "YOU KNOW MDA HAS A WRY SENSE OF HUMOR, HE DIDNT MEAN IT IN THAT CONTEXT". (face palm)

QUEENS1985, MDA doesnt use his center. Let me ask you. Would you rather have STAT try to guard Hibbert while he's in foul trouble or Turiaf/Sheldon Williams? STAT is a bad matchup even if he isnt in foul trouble. A couple of shrewd defensive manuvers and we win this game going away. It wouldnt even be a struggle.

Put the bigs in there and let them bang with a light weight Hibbert. Let Turiaf and Hansborough try to out hustle one another. Turiaf wins some of those battles.

I know your response will be these guys suck. IMHO you ask them to do specific things that they can do and they'll do it well enough. The problem is they dont get asked.

You guys keep thinking we're going to get Jordan, Dalembert or whoever and MDA will use them. First I doubt we get either, because he doesnt want them. Remember he'd rather do it his way. Second if we do neither is the type of big MDA covets. Just look at tonights game. Turiaf does some of the same things Dalembert does, but MDA starts Williams.

Look at the bigs this cat has gone through since he's been here. Curry, Darko, Randolph, Hill, Moz. All could have offered this particular team SOMETHING. Except for Moz forcing his way into the lineup none of them played. Besides Curry they've all been exiled and are now helping their respective teams try to win games.

This coach is a complete JOKE...
Thank god MDA isn't our GM he would be Isiah Thomas 2.0

OMG i just lost all of my respect for D'antoni. In the post game they asked him "what do you think was wrong defensively tonight?" D'antoni responds " i don't think anything was wrong with our defense we just weren't making shots" WTF! is this coach retarded?
He said this exact same thing last game... smfh

nuckles2k2

Superstar
MDA's system may very well come to fruition one day....but it's time for this mother ****er to give it a shot elsewhere.

We're past the complaining about wins and losses at this point. We have two legit ass superstars and a very solid pro in Billups and the product being put on the floor is questionable at best. It's up to the coach to correct mistakes from a loss to the same ****ing team on Sunday. We just got a glimpse of the "adjustments" MDA would be making, on a game to game basis, in the playoffs when we have to face one team several times.

Dudes on here can argue MDA's credentials all they want, but the dude isn't getting it done...once again, not from a wins and loss perspective, but from a mother ****ing basketball perspective. And don't give me that shit about new players and gelling, because KG, Allen, and Pierce gelled their way to a title against a team that was gelling it up with their new, midseason, edition of Pau Gasol.

When does this charade end?

MusketeerX

Rotation player

Hahahahahaha. OMG. It is so painful it is funny. Statements like that should lead to his firing. All we need is James Dolan to do is extend Walsh's contract... DW can fire D'Antoni get a real coach, or the hot dog vendor (either one will be better than MDA) and we can get on with our lives.

Indy shot 50% from the field and scored 119 points. Ridiculous. For the love of God I hope the Garden crowd starts chanting Fire Mike next the Knicks have a home game.

MDA's system may very well come to fruition one day....but it's time for this mother ****er to give it a shot elsewhere.

We're past the complaining about wins and losses at this point. We have two legit ass superstars and a very solid pro in Billups and the product being put on the floor is questionable at best. It's up to the coach to correct mistakes from a loss to the same ****ing team on Sunday. We just got a glimpse of the "adjustments" MDA would be making, on a game to game basis, in the playoffs when we have to face one team several times.

Dudes on here can argue MDA's credentials all they want, but the dude isn't getting it done...once again, not from a wins and loss perspective, but from a mother ****ing basketball perspective. And don't give me that shit about new players and gelling, because KG, Allen, and Pierce gelled their way to a title against a team that was gelling it up with their new, midseason, edition of Pau Gasol.

When does this charade end?

Excellent point. +1. We see exactly the type of adjustments he'll make in the playoffs. Heck, thats if we make the playoffs. Get hammered in the paint he goes SMALLER? CHEESH I cant believe I just typed that.

Knicksdabest

Benchwarmer

he says things like this all the time in post game interviews.i think he honestly beleives there is nothing wrong with our defense.hes always laughing/smiling in the postgame interview during losses like theres something to smile about...making me sick:barf:

the Knicks are just going to be the east coast version of the suns. Hopefully, Donnie Walsh realizes this before the window of opportunity closes like it did in Phoenix.

OakTree

Rookie
****, ****ing, ****ity, ****. Goddamn it. We are sitting on that 6th place like it's the top of the world. Goddamn it. Come on, Knicks... we NEED a decent run going into the Playoffs.

la2ny

Starter
Petescud I cant believe you just said that. If you believe that then your tripping. We had the same problems now as before. They are just amplified because Melo is here now. And it's 3 major problems, OUR COACH, OUR SYSTEM, and NO REAL CENTER.

mafra

Legend
D'antoni is gone after this season. If he had any hope to coach here next year, Dolan would have allowed Walsh to pursue Deron Williams. Instead, we trade for Carmelo. When you get Carmelo over Deron, that tells MD he's a goner... no?

nuckles2k2

Superstar
D'antoni is gone after this season. If he had any hope to coach here next year, Dolan would have allowed Walsh to pursue Deron Williams. Instead, we trade for Carmelo. When you get Carmelo over Deron, that tells MD he's a goner... no?

Interesting...I never looked at it from that perspective, but the strength of Melo's game is a direct opposite of MDA's coaching style and "philosophy." While D-Will would have played right into his hands and the "system."

I dunno if the trade was the first sign of a change at the head of the bench, but the two back-to-back losses to the Pacers should be a wake up call to someone.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm being to wonder if we are a worst team now then before the trade

We're no different now then we were before the trade and that is SOLELY because of our coaching staff. Before the trade, if we were on fire and the other team was off we would win. It's pretty much the same way now after the trade. If our opponents are nailing their shots and controlling the paint than we lose.

Antoni has our guys playing the same defense pretty much every night and our opponents know every weakness in it. We didn't change up one thing on offense or defense even though we were playing the same team that made us look stupid 2 nights earlier.

When teams like the Cavs and Pacers are running layup and alley-oop drills on us all game how does anyone expect that we will win? The only way we win is when our team as a whole is on fire the entire game... Antoni's 2-3 zone leaves the wings open pretty much every damn time up the court and then when our so-called bigs leave the paint to cover the baseline/perimeter then our opponents just throw it inside for the easy basket and the foul. It's a pretty simple concept, overload the zone with shooters and shoot away. How does Antoni not change it up? How does he act like our D isn't a problem?

Antoni is our team's problem and until we get a new coach we will be playing small-ball, run-and-gun, JJ chucking up garbage shots with teams shooting wide open J's all night. Some of you Antoni supporters seem to forget the one year Antoni's suns had the same problems we are having. Their ownership went out and over-ruled Antoni and traded Marion for Shaq and look at how well that worked out for them. Antoni doesn't know how to run a team that doesn't have 5 PG's that can all shoot 3's. I can't wait til we get a new coach that can effectively LEAD our team and make use of his assets, not outcast them because they don't directly fit his style of play.

YungMelo15

Benchwarmer
Interesting...I never looked at it from that perspective, but the strength of Melo's game is a direct opposite of MDA's coaching style and "philosophy." While D-Will would have played right into his hands and the "system."

I dunno if the trade was the first sign of a change at the head of the bench, but the two back-to-back losses to the Pacers should be a wake up call to someone.

I think It started with the losses to cleveland first. The pacers series should just be the icing on the cake!

tiger0330

Legend
Just have a little patience. It took Miami 20 games to get it together and they had a preseason and probably practiced in the summer as well.

We only have 28 left and practices are limited during the season, one good thing is Chauncey and Melo have been playing together for a while but if after 10 games the Knicks are 5-5 don't freak out.

Just need to peak in April and go into the playoffs with a head of steam.

What I said, still in the 6th seed but I hope the part about peaking in April comes true.