'Missing Link' in human evolution found

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Ha! I knew I was interpreting the bible better than you.

Ezekiel 26 (Contemporary English Version)

Ezekiel 26
Judgment on the City of Tyre
1Eleven years [a] after King Jehoiachin and the rest of us had been led away as prisoners to Babylonia, the LORD spoke to me on the first day of the month. He said: 2Ezekiel, son of man, the people of the city of Tyre have celebrated Jerusalem's defeat by singing, "Jerusalem has fallen!
It used to be powerful,

a center of trade.

Now the city is shattered,

and we will take its place."

3Because the people of Tyre have sung that song, I have the following warning for them: I am the LORD God, and I am now your enemy! I will send nations to attack you, like waves crashing against the shore. 4They will tear down your city walls and defense towers. I will sweep away the ruins until all that's left of you is a bare rock, 5where fishermen can dry their nets along the coast. I promise that you will be robbed 6and that the people who live in your towns along the coast will be killed. Then you will know that I am the LORD.

7King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia is the world's most powerful king, and I will send him to attack you. He will march from the north with a powerful army, including horses and chariots and cavalry troops. 8First, he will attack your towns along the coast and kill the people who live there. Then he will build dirt ramps up to the top of your city walls and set up rows of shields around you. 9He will command some of his troops to use large wooden poles to beat down your walls, while others use iron rods to knock down your watchtowers. 10He will have so many horses that the dust they stir up will seem like a thick fog. And as his chariots and cavalry approach, even the walls will shake, especially when he proudly enters your ruined city. 11His troops will ride through your streets, killing people left and right, and your strong columns will crumble to the ground. 12The troops will steal your valuable possessions; they will break down your walls, and crush your expensive houses. Then the stones and wood and all the remains will be dumped into the sea. 13You will have no reason to sing or play music on harps, 14because I will turn you into a bare rock where fishermen can dry their nets. And you will never rebuild your city. I, the LORD God, make this promise.

15The people of the nations up and down the coast will shudder when they hear your screams and moans of death. 16The kings will step down from their thrones, then take off their royal robes and fancy clothes, and sit on the ground, trembling. They will be so shocked at the news of your defeat that they will shake in fear 17and sing this funeral song:

"The great city beside the sea

is destroyed! [c] Its people once ruled the coast

and terrified everyone there.

18But now Tyre is in ruins,

and the people on the coast

stare at it in horror

and tremble in fear."

19I, the LORD God, will turn you into a ghost-town. The ocean depths will rise over you 20and carry you down to the world of the dead, where you will join people of ancient times and towns ruined long ago. You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. [d] 21You will die a horrible death! People will come looking for your city, but it will never be found. I, the LORD, have spoken.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel 26&version=CEV

And this is from a bible website! I knew your translation didn't quite add up to the actual words in the bible. It contradicted itself in order to make it seem true.

= failed prophecy. Argument over.

Ha! I knew I was interpreting the bible better than you.

Ezekiel 26 (Contemporary English Version)

Ezekiel 26
Judgment on the City of Tyre
1Eleven years [a] after King Jehoiachin and the rest of us had been led away as prisoners to Babylonia, the LORD spoke to me on the first day of the month. He said: 2Ezekiel, son of man, the people of the city of Tyre have celebrated Jerusalem's defeat by singing, "Jerusalem has fallen!
It used to be powerful,

a center of trade.

Now the city is shattered,

and we will take its place."

3Because the people of Tyre have sung that song, I have the following warning for them: I am the LORD God, and I am now your enemy! I will send nations to attack you, like waves crashing against the shore. 4They will tear down your city walls and defense towers. I will sweep away the ruins until all that's left of you is a bare rock, 5where fishermen can dry their nets along the coast. I promise that you will be robbed 6and that the people who live in your towns along the coast will be killed. Then you will know that I am the LORD.

7King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylonia is the world's most powerful king, and I will send him to attack you. He will march from the north with a powerful army, including horses and chariots and cavalry troops. 8First, he will attack your towns along the coast and kill the people who live there. Then he will build dirt ramps up to the top of your city walls and set up rows of shields around you. 9He will command some of his troops to use large wooden poles to beat down your walls, while others use iron rods to knock down your watchtowers. 10He will have so many horses that the dust they stir up will seem like a thick fog. And as his chariots and cavalry approach, even the walls will shake, especially when he proudly enters your ruined city. 11His troops will ride through your streets, killing people left and right, and your strong columns will crumble to the ground. 12The troops will steal your valuable possessions; they will break down your walls, and crush your expensive houses. Then the stones and wood and all the remains will be dumped into the sea. 13You will have no reason to sing or play music on harps, 14because I will turn you into a bare rock where fishermen can dry their nets. And you will never rebuild your city. I, the LORD God, make this promise.

15The people of the nations up and down the coast will shudder when they hear your screams and moans of death. 16The kings will step down from their thrones, then take off their royal robes and fancy clothes, and sit on the ground, trembling. They will be so shocked at the news of your defeat that they will shake in fear 17and sing this funeral song:

"The great city beside the sea

is destroyed! [c] Its people once ruled the coast

and terrified everyone there.

18But now Tyre is in ruins,

and the people on the coast

stare at it in horror

and tremble in fear."

19I, the LORD God, will turn you into a ghost-town. The ocean depths will rise over you 20and carry you down to the world of the dead, where you will join people of ancient times and towns ruined long ago. You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. [d] 21You will die a horrible death! People will come looking for your city, but it will never be found. I, the LORD, have spoken.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ezekiel%2026&version=CEV

And this is from a bible website! I knew your translation didn't quite add up to the actual words in the bible. It contradicted itself in order to make it seem true.

= failed prophecy. Argument over.

Nothing you have said here changes anything. Nations (plural) did attack Tyre. It is now a bare rock for nets (fishing) and it's not called by Tyre any longer, and it's power and prestige was never rebuilt. Sorry, but you cannot possibly outsmart God. You're exercise in hermeneutical gymnastics is pretty fun to watch at times though, admittedly :)

Have another prophecy that has come true ( I wonder how you will try and flip this one)

What I will do here is interpret it properly for you, and see if you still stand defiantly as if it is not happening today. Because this prophecy concerns the very time we live in. So even a casual observer SHOULD see this.

Isaiah 2: 2 And it must occur in the final part of the days [that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream.

3 And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem.

4 And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore.

Now here goes.
And it must occur in the final part of the days (THIS MEANS RIGHT NOW AND FOR THE PAST 95 YEARS[)
that] the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. Since it says the mountain is Jehovah's house, it must clearly then refer to Worship of him, since that is where worship of Jehovah is done. The hills refer to other forms of worship in the world, that will never be able to match the pure worship of the True God. And Jehovah's house most certainly hold some of every nationality on earth. So, far so good. Let's continue.

And many peoples will certainly go and say: “Come, YOU people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.” For out of Zion law will go forth, and the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. So we have many peoples all walks wanting to serve Jehovah, and be instructed by him. How can one be instructed by God? diligent prayer and peering into his word, the Bible, daily. That is the only way you can walk in his paths, which 1 group of people on earth try and do, without watering down his moral standards. So still, so far so good.

And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples. And they will have to beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, neither will they learn war anymore. Now comes the refinement of Jehovah. Once you seek him, and learn his word, will either proceed to be refined, or spit out, meaning you do not want the refinement. This is setting matters straight. Especially in light of the fact that they will not lift of sword against nation, nor even learn war anymore. Now, Jehovah's witnesses are made up of every nation on earth, and are well known throughout the world for their stance on peace and not being involved in any wars. Even in the face of prison sentences, beatings, and in some places, even killings.

Please, find another faith that this all would apply to. Or some way that this does not apply at all to any peoples. I'm interested.

And while at it, let's compare Jehovah's people's stand for true worship, versus what is happening in other sects of Christendom in our current age, to further see how The Mountain of the House Of Jehovah stands out. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34493087/ns/us_news-faith//

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Nothing you have said here changes anything. Nations (plural) did attack Tyre. It is now a bare rock for nets (fishing) and it's not called by Tyre any longer, and it's power and prestige was never rebuilt. Sorry, but you cannot possibly outsmart God. You're exercise in hermeneutical gymnastics is pretty fun to watch at times though, admittedly :)

This is beyond ridiculous. You are certifiable. And the fact that you can not accept reality proves how delusional you are and makes it pointless to debate with you any longer.

I also find it interesting that you conveniently and consistently omit the latter half of Ezekiel 26. This part, without doubt, proves the prophecy to be false. It states that Tyre will be "destroyed to bare rock, never to be rebuilt, washed to the sea, never to be inhabited and will never be found again". Essentially wiped off the face of the earth forever. This never happened. There is no part of this passage that says Tyre will never become a powerful and prestigious society again. I don’t know how you can misinterpret this. It is plain as day that the prophecy states that Tyre will be destroyed forever and people will never live there again.

It is clearly false and you are purposely changing the bible to make it fit reality. Shame on you. I thought you guys were supposed to be the moral ones. I really don't know how you can continue to knock on people's doors, look them in the eyes and tell them this prophecy is true and still have a straight face.

Also:
History states that rather than destroy the city completely, Alexander peopled it with new colonists and appointed a new king over Tyre. The city revived so rapidly that 18 years later it had the strength to hold out for 15 months against one of Alexander's former generals (Nina Jidejian, Tyre Through the Ages, Beirut, 1969, pp. 80-81). History further declare that in the Roman period Tyre's "population overflowed its bounds and occupied a strip of the opposite mainland including the ancient Palaetyrus" (Encyclopaedia Biblica, p. 5,226).

Bible prophecies false….check

In that 3 page Jehovah’s Witness propaganda excerpt you copied and pasted, it essentially confesses that you interpret and change the bible any way you like so it keeps up with reality (e.g. God changes the passage of time). What you don’t account for is in Genesis the bible says god created plants. Then the next day he creates the seasons and day and night on earth. Plants cannot exist without day and night. So, if 1000 years is 1 day to god, plants cannot exist for 1000 years without the seasons and day/night. = bible wrong about creation.

But with your rational, God created the universe, changed time from 1 day to equal 2.8 billions years, created plants, changed 1 day to equal 1 day, created the seasons and day/night, then again changed 1 day to equal 2.8 billion years, created everything else and then changed 1 day to equal 1 day. Yeah, sure. That makes sense. SMH.

Bible wrong about creation….check

You really have nothing left to argue for your side. Give it up. You are wrong. The bible is wrong about creation and its prophecies are false. This is a fact. Plain and simple. Any reasonable, rational and sane person can see this. But you are neither. So keep believing what you want. Keep making shit up to make it seem like the bible is right.

I only wish you didn’t force this crap on your children. At least allow them to get a proper education and objectively make the decision for themselves.

Last edited:
This is beyond ridiculous. You are certifiable. And the fact that you can not accept reality proves how delusional you are and makes it pointless to debate with you any longer.

I also find it interesting that you conveniently and consistently omit the latter half of Ezekiel 26. This part, without doubt, proves the prophecy to be false. It states that Tyre will be "destroyed to bare rock, never to be rebuilt, washed to the sea, never to be inhabited and will never be found again". Essentially wiped off the face of the earth forever. This never happened. There is no part of this passage that says Tyre will never become a powerful and prestigious society again. I don’t know how you can misinterpret this. It is plain as day that the prophecy states that Tyre will be destroyed forever and people will never live there again.

It is clearly false and you are purposely changing the bible to make it fit reality. Shame on you. I thought you guys were supposed to be the moral ones. I really don't know how you can continue to knock on people's doors, look them in the eyes and tell them this prophecy is true and still have a straight face.

Is this the part you refer too? Because if it is, I'm lost as to how the prophecy is wrong. Tyre is no longer called Tyre, and I'm sure at the time it was in it's prime, it held more than 120k people. Staten Island is probably a smaller place than modern day Tyre and by contrast in the country's 13th most populated city with over 400k. If Staten Island had only 120 k people, it certainly would look like a ghost town by comparison. Heck, I live here now and at times it appears that way now!

You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. This seems to imply that Tyre would survive the onslaught of wars and survive, but never fully recover. It still still exists(You will stay there) 120k people (not really a lot, kinda ghost town ish). What's the problem? Why can this not be interpreted this way? Why do you say never be inhabited? I looked over the whole passage from that Bible website, and uninhabited is nowhere to be found there. Why did you write such a thing, when My 5 year old can understand that if a place becomes a drying yard for dragnets, some one has to lay them???????????????????????

In that 3 page Jehovah’s Witness propaganda excerpt you copied and pasted, it essentially confesses that you interpret and change the bible any way you like so it keeps up with reality (e.g. God changes the passage of time). What you don’t account for is in Genesis the bible says god created plant Then the next day he creates the seasons and day and night on earth. Plants cannot exist without day and night. So, if 1000 years is 1 day to god, plants cannot exist for 1000 years without the seasons and day/night. = bible wrong about creation.

But with your rational, God created the universe, changed time from 1 day to equal 2.8 billions years, created plants, changed 1 day to equal 1 day, created the seasons and day/night, then again changed 1 day to equal 2.8 billion years, created everything else and then changed 1 day to equal 1 day. Yeah, sure. That makes sense. SMH.
Actually, all it says is that the Hebrew word for Day does not have to be a strict 24 hour rule. It can apply to diff lengths of time and gave valid examples. That should not be too difficult for a man to of your educated status to understand. But again, I keep saying you're a man, but you can't be, you have monkey genes. That may explain it.

You wrote "What you don’t account for is in Genesis the bible says god created plant Then the next day he creates the seasons and day and night on earth" Let's see here... Gen 1:
2 Now the earth proved to be formless and waste and there was darkness upon the surface of [the] watery deep; and God’s active force was moving to and fro over the surface of the waters.

So during the first day of creation, the already created earth was in deep darkness. What happens next?

3 And God proceeded to say: “Let light come to be.” Then there came to be light. 4 After that God saw that the light was good, and God brought about a division between the light and the darkness.

So God called for light to come upon the earth, and even made a division between the light and dark. let's continue.

5 And God began calling the light Day, but the darkness he called Night. And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a first day.

You said this "What you don’t account for is in Genesis the bible says god created plant Then the next day he creates the seasons and day and night on earth. Plants cannot exist without day and night"

You're right, plants cannot exist without day and night. Good thing God allowed for such a provision before he made plants! Let's see when God made plants, shall we? Now which day was it.. Ah! Here goes!

Gen 1:11 And God went on to say: “Let the earth cause grass to shoot forth, vegetation bearing seed, fruit trees yielding fruit according to their kinds, the seed of which is in it, upon the earth.” And it came to be so. 12 And the earth began to put forth grass, vegetation bearing seed according to its kind and trees yielding fruit, the seed of which is in it according to its kind. Then God saw that [it was] good. 13 And there came to be evening and there came to be morning, a third day.

So let's recap, God causes light to come upon the earth, because the earth was already here, and it was already dark. he makes a division between light and dark. This would then eventually be what is necessary to sustain the plant life that would come TWO CREATIVE DAYS AFTER NIGHT AND DAY.

So why then do you say this? "What you don’t account for is in Genesis the bible says god created plant Then the next day he creates the seasons and day and night on earth. Plants cannot exist without day and night"?

You really have nothing left to argue for your side. Give it up. You are wrong. The bible is wrong about creation and its prophecies are false. This is a fact. Plain and simple. Any reasonable, rational and sane person can see this. But you are neither. So keep believing what you want. Keep making shit up to make it seem like the bible is right.
I normally would be insulted, But now that I remembered what you are, and I'm impressed a monkey can be so intelligent!!!

Listen Lucy, I'm trying my best here, ok? I think the Bible presents very rational explanations to things. It's quite evident that you just do not fully understand it, as with your "day and night, plant" Fail. Along with your lack of correct prophecy interpretation. But I get it now, you're smart for a monkey, but still a monkey.

I only wish you didn’t force this crap on your children. At least allow them to get a proper education and objectively make the decision for themselves.

k, at this I am insulted. Since when can a MAN take orders from a monkey, on raising a human?

I've asked on more than one occasion for you to keep all your thoughts on the topic. I don't tell you what is appropriate for you and yours, so please, oblige me. This is like the 10th time you've mentioned how I should raise my kids. It's not necessary. When I go school shopping for them, you're not there pitching in. When it's time to eat, you donate nada. My son, 9 months, can only take Similac Allimentum, because of stomach sensitivity. 28 bucks a can. He goes through that every 3 days or so. You helping out? No. So that tells me you don't give a hoot about me, or mine. So stop. Again, not necessary. I will raise my kids according to what I feel is best, and that is my God given right. As is yours.

But, just so you know, Jehovah implores that all parents to raise their kids to know him. However, when they get of age, they have to make their own conscious choice to serve him, or go their own way. All I am essentially doing is giving them a good start. But my kids go to normal school, get good grades, and sometimes act a fool like all other normal kids. Hence, they are not deprived of what you call " a proper education"

And I just laughed really hard because this advice comes from a man who thinks he has monkey genes.

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
[You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. This seems to imply that Tyre would survive the onslaught of wars and survive, but never fully recover. It still still exists(You will stay there) 120k people (not really a lot, kinda ghost town ish). What's the problem? Why can this not be interpreted this way? Why do you say never be inhabited? I looked over the whole passage from that Bible website, and uninhabited is nowhere to be found there. Why did you write such a thing, when My 5 year old can understand that if a place becomes a drying yard for dragnets, some one has to lay them???????????????????????

No. If you look at the previous statement it says "The ocean depths will rise over you 20and carry you down to the world of the dead, where you will join people of ancient times and towns ruined long ago".

It then says...

"You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. [d] 21You will die a horrible death! People will come looking for your city, but it will never be found."

Meaning it will stay a ruined, dead city. This is pretty easy to understand. Since you keep calling me a monkey, and since I can understand the bible better than you...what does that make you?

This is the problem you have with interpreting the bible. You just look at one word or one sentence and that's it. You don't put them in the context they were meant. Which leads to you misunderstanding the bible all the time.

Here is the English Standard Version:

19"For thus says the Lord GOD: When I make you a city laid waste, like the cities that are not inhabited,(AJ) when I bring up the deep over you, and the great waters cover you, 20then(AK) I will make you go down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of old, and I will make you to dwell in the world below, among ruins from of old,(AL) with those who go down to the pit, so that you will not be inhabited; but I will set beauty in the land of the living. 21I will bring you(AM) to a dreadful end, and you shall be no more.(AN) Though you be sought for, you will never be found again, declares the Lord GOD."

Why is this so hard for you to understand? What's your problem? The prophecy is false. You have no argument. Just admit it. You're wrong.

Honestly man. How can you knock on people's doors, look them in the eyes and tell them this is a true prophecy and still keep a straight face. Deep down, inside you know you are not telling the truth.

Like I said before, you are manipulating the bible for your own wants. The prophecy clearly calls for the destruction of Tyre. To be wiped off the face of the earth, to never be inhabited and to never be found. I think it's funny when you say I can't understand the bible. Clearly, I can understand it better than you.

Genesis debate:

It says he creates the seasons after he creates plants. Plants cannot survive without the different seasons. = wrong about creation.

Last edited:
No. If you look at the previous statement it says "The ocean depths will rise over you 20and carry you down to the world of the dead, where you will join people of ancient times and towns ruined long ago".

It then says...

"You will stay there and never again be a city filled with people. [d] 21You will die a horrible death! People will come looking for your city, but it will never be found."

Meaning it will stay a ruined, dead city. This is pretty easy to understand. Since you keep calling me a monkey, and since I can understand the bible better than you...what does that make you?

This is the problem you have with interpreting the bible. You just look at one word or one sentence and that's it. You don't put them in the context they were meant. Which leads to you misunderstanding the bible all the time.

Here is the English Standard Version:

19"For thus says the Lord GOD: When I make you a city laid waste, like the cities that are not inhabited,(AJ) when I bring up the deep over you, and the great waters cover you, 20then(AK) I will make you go down with those who go down to the pit, to the people of old, and I will make you to dwell in the world below, among ruins from of old,(AL) with those who go down to the pit, so that you will not be inhabited; but I will set beauty in the land of the living. 21I will bring you(AM) to a dreadful end, and you shall be no more.(AN) Though you be sought for, you will never be found again, declares the Lord GOD."

Why is this so hard for you to understand? What's your problem? The prophecy is false. You have no argument. Just admit it. You're wrong.

Honestly man. How can you knock on people's doors, look them in the eyes and tell them this is a true prophecy and still keep a straight face. Deep down, inside you know you are not telling the truth.

Like I said before, you are manipulating the bible for your own wants. The prophecy clearly calls for the destruction of Tyre. To be wiped off the face of the earth, to never be inhabited and to never be found. I think it's funny when you say I can't understand the bible. Clearly, I can understand it better than you.

Actually, that's not at all what We're doing. We happen to take into account the entire prophecy. If we listen to your version, then there would be no room for the entire prophecy. You say Tyre, should not exist, no one should ever live there and that's that. However, then that would not be the completion of the prophecy, because it says that it must become a yard for nets. That means there will have to still be activity there. So then clearly the destruction cannot be one of complete and utter annihilation. It leaves room for what Tyre now is.

Also, I am now made to understand that their was a mainland and an island that made up all of Tyre. The mainland was utterly destroyed by Neb, but the Island remains down to now. Alex the great then destroyed the Island, using debris from the ruined mainland to make a causeway to get to the Island and destroy it.

Tyre is now called Sur, a place none of us have ever been to, or probably ever heard of until reading about this prophecy. Even you have mentioned that the inhabitants make a living basically fishing. It's a seaport.

So Tyre goes from a world leading commercial capitol, gets pummeled by many nations, rebuilds, gets destroyed, rebuilds until its now not even called Tyre, and it is just a seaport. All of these things the prophecy accounted for. You just want it to be a fail. But the bottom line is, if the prophecy says it must become a drying yard for nets, and that is what it is today, then only a fool would continue to say it should not exist. Because the prophecy says that it must, in order to become just what it is.

for future reference. If you will try and disprove bible prophecy, you will have to account for the entire prophecy. You're explanation of it does not account for it. If God wanted it to be uninhabited, sure he would not have said it will become a seaport.

Genesis debate:

It says he creates the seasons after he creates plants. Plants cannot survive without the different seasons. = wrong about creation.
Now I know you're not as smart as you think you are.

1:14 And God went on to say: ?Let luminaries come to be in the expanse of the heavens to make a division between the day and the night; and they must serve as signs and for seasons and for days and years.

At this point, he is starting to divide the days. Most likely into 24 hr increments for purpose of life. And it does not say he created the seasons this day, it says the div between day and night, and the luminaries in heaven will now start to serve as SIGNS for seasons and days and years. That is different from saying God created seasons. This means the earth was just about ready for life. This is very reasonable since we can discern the day and night and season and times of year based on these things now.

it is NOT to say that the necessary seasons were not around to support plant life, before this point. You are assuming as much. Clearly the SIGNS were to be for life on earth, as God would not need signs to discern the time of day or year, since he is the creator. Who would be able to discern signs of times of day or night and seasons and years? All forms of life on earth. This is why, after this day was complete, life was brought about. because the earth was now ready for it.

fail.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Actually, that's not at all what We're doing. We happen to take into account the entire prophecy. If we listen to your version, then there would be no room for the entire prophecy. You say Tyre, should not exist, no one should ever live there and that's that. However, then that would not be the completion of the prophecy, because it says that it must become a yard for nets. That means there will have to still be activity there. So then clearly the destruction cannot be one of complete and utter annihilation. It leaves room for what Tyre now is.

Also, I am now made to understand that their was a mainland and an island that made up all of Tyre. The mainland was utterly destroyed by Neb, but the Island remains down to now. Alex the great then destroyed the Island, using debris from the ruined mainland to make a causeway to get to the Island and destroy it.

Tyre is now called Sur, a place none of us have ever been to, or probably ever heard of until reading about this prophecy. Even you have mentioned that the inhabitants make a living basically fishing. It's a seaport.

So Tyre goes from a world leading commercial capitol, gets pummeled by many nations, rebuilds, gets destroyed, rebuilds until its now not even called Tyre, and it is just a seaport. All of these things the prophecy accounted for. You just want it to be a fail. But the bottom line is, if the prophecy says it must become a drying yard for nets, and that is what it is today, then only a fool would continue to say it should not exist. Because the prophecy says that it must, in order to become just what it is.

for future reference. If you will try and disprove bible prophecy, you will have to account for the entire prophecy. You're explanation of it does not account for it. If God wanted it to be uninhabited, sure he would not have said it will become a seaport.

Exactly!! You need to account for the whole prophecy! Which is what you are not doing. All you do is focus on "spreading nets" and don't account for the whole prophecy of Tyre being destroyed, never to be rebuilt, never inhabited and never found again.

Besides, the term "spreading nets" is a metaphor referring to destroying Tyre to bare rock. People in those days would dry their nets on bare rock. Once again, you misunderstand the bible. You focus on one word and don't account for the context in which it was meant.

Like you said, the prophecy doesn't make sense if it says destroy Tyre to bare rock, laid waste, never to be rebuilt, never to be inhabited, never to be found...but eventually to be rebuilt, where people live and fish. That's contradicitng itself and is not what the bible is saying. So again, you are manipulating the bible to make it seem true.

It's hilarious that you say that I should take into account the whole prophecy, when clearly you are ignoring the whole premise of the prophecy. Just the part of "People will come looking for your city, but it will never be found" is false. The part of "so that you will not be inhabited" is false.

What part of destroyed to bare rock, never to be rebuilt, never inhabited again and never to be found do you not understand? Why is this so difficult for you to see? Anybody can see that is what Ezekiel 26 is saying.

But you don't want to see it. You change the meaning of the bible so it seems true. This is deceitful.

TunerAddict

Starter
Going back to the basis of this thread....

Evolution.

Its biggest problem?

Everyone thinks they understand it....

Evolution is a theory....So is gravity. So is Einstein's theory of relativity, so is plate tectonics....

All these theories are overwhelmingly true based on evidence...

The earth is far far far older than 10k years... If the earth was only that old we'd be able to see Spain from NYC

TunerAddict

Starter
I'll also start copying and pasting website proofs like Lyfe did...

Proof #1 - Try praying
What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.
Will anything happen? No. Of course not.

This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work. Jesus says in many different places that he and God will answer your prayers. And Christians believe Jesus -- according to this recent article, "54% of American adults believe the Bible is literally true." In some areas of the country the number goes as high as 75%.

If the Bible is literally true, then something is seriously amiss. Simply look at the facts. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
If "every one who asks receives", then if we ask for cancer to be cured, it should be cured. Right? If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him", then if we ask him to cure cancer, he should cure it. Right? And yet nothing happens.
In Matthew 17:20 Jesus says:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
If "nothing will be impossible to you", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should disappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note that if we take the Bible less-than-literally here, the statement "nothing will be impossible to you" becomes "lots of things will be impossible to you," and that would mean that Jesus is lying.
In Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
If "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should dissappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note again that there is not a non-literal way to interpret "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", unless you replace "whatever" with "nothing" or "little."
The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
If God says, "believe that you have received it, and it will be yours," and if we believe in God and his power, then what should happen if we pray to cure cancer tonight? It should be cured. Either that, or God is lying.
In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." [ref]
Look at how direct this statement is: "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." This is the "Son of God" speaking. Have we taken him "too literally?" No. This is a simple, unambiguous statement. Have we taken his statement "out of context?" No - Jesus uses the word anyone. Yet Jesus' statement is obviously false. Because when we ask God to cure cancer tonight, nothing happens.
We see the same thing over and over again...

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
In James 5:15-16 the Bible says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
In Mark 9:23:
All things are possible to him who believes.
In Luke 1:37:
For with God nothing will be impossible.
Nothing could be simpler or clearer than Jesus' promises about prayer in the Bible. Yet, when we pray to eliminate cancer, nothing happens.
And keep in mind that this is Jesus talking here. These are not the words of human beings. These are not the words of "inspired" human beings. These are supposedly the words of God himself, incarnated in a human body. Jesus is supposed to be a perfect, sinless being. And yet, it is obvious that Jesus is lying. What Jesus says is clearly incorrect.

Jesus is supposed to be God. God is supposed to be perfect.
When Jesus speaks, he should speak the truth.
Yet when we look at what Jesus says about prayer,
he is clearly lying.
If you would like additional proof, gather a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in Jesus' name that God cures every case of cancer on the planet tomorrow. Pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways. Now, we certainly have two or more people gathered together, and they have asked in Jesus' name, and we have not one but a million faithful believers who, by definition, have faith and believe. We have fulfilled every one of Jesus' requirements.

Will Jesus answer the prayer now? Of course not. Your prayer will go unanswered, in direct defiance to Jesus' promises in the Bible. In fact, if you pray for anything that is impossible, your prayer will always go unanswered.

If you are an intelligent, rational human being, all of the examples mentioned above show you that the God of the Bible is imaginary. What Jesus says about prayer in the Bible clearly is not true.

In fact, we have ample scientific evidence to demonstrate that the belief in prayer is nothing but pure superstition, as shown in the next proof...

Go to Proof #2 >>>
Understanding the Rationalizations
A favorite Christian rationalization for why God does not answer our prayer to eliminate cancer is because "it would take away free will." The logic: If you pray and God answers your prayer, then God would have revealed himself to you, and you would know that God exists. That would take away your free will to believe in him. Of course, if this is true, then by default all of Jesus' statements about prayer in the Bible are false. It means that God cannot answer any prayer. Also, why is a God who must remain hidden like this incarnating himself and writing the Bible?

If Jesus is God, and if God is perfect, why aren't all of Jesus's verses about prayer true? Was Jesus exagerating? Was he fibbing? If Jesus is perfect, why wouldn't he speak the truth? Why doesn't a prayer to cure cancer worldwide tomorrow work?

Believers have many different ways to explain why all these verses in the Bible do not work, even if you are praying sincerely, unselfishly and non-materialistically, and even if the answer to your prayer would help millions of people and glorify God in the process. They will say things like this:

"You need to understand what Jesus was saying in the context the first century civilization in which he was speaking..."
or:
"When Jesus talked about 'moving a mountain', he was speaking metaphorically. When someone says, 'it is raining cats and dogs,' no one takes him literally. Jesus was using a figure of speech rather than speaking literally..."
or:
God is not a thing. He is a being. He has a will. He has desires. He relates to people. He has personality traits. Prayer is a fancy word for talking to God. God, who knows everything, even before we say it, knows the difference between our thoughts and wishes, and when we are actually addressing him. He hears our prayers and responds. His responses are based on his personal decisions. We cannot predict how he will respond to our prayers... [ref]
The problem is, all of these rationalizations miss two important points:
God is supposed to be an all-powerful, all-knowing, perfect being.
The statement, "Nothing will be impossible for you", along with the other Bible verses quoted above, are false. The fact is, lots of things are impossible for you.
If a perfect being is going to make statements about how prayer works in the Bible, then three things are certain: 1) He would speak clearly, 2) he would say what he means, and 3) he would speak the truth. That is what "being perfect" is all about. A perfect, all-knowing God would know that people would be reading the Bible 2,000 years later, and therefore he would not use first-century idioms (he would say what he means). He would know that normal people will be reading the Bible and interpreting it in normal ways, so he would speak in such a way as to avoid mis-interpretation (he would speak clearly). He would know that when you say, "Nothing will be impossible for you", that what it means is, "Nothing will be impossible for you" and he would make sure that the statement "Nothing will be impossible for you" is accurate (he would speak the truth). If God says it, it should be true -- otherwise he is not perfect.
Unfortunately, the fact is that thousands of things are impossible for you no matter how much you pray, and no one (including Jesus) has ever moved a mountain.

In order to see the truth, you need to accept the fact that all of the above verses are wrong. The fact is, God does not answer prayers. The reason why God does not answer your prayers is simple: God is imaginary.

TunerAddict

Starter
Proof #3 - Look at historical gods
The belief in "god" seems to be ubiquitous through the ages.

We know, for example, that the ancient Egyptians believed in their gods so fervently that they built massive structures like the Great Pyramid -- still today one of the largest and most enduring human constructions ever created. Despite that fervor, however, we know with complete certainty today that the Egyptian gods were imaginary. We don't build pyramids anymore and we do not mummify our leaders.

More recently we know that tens of millions of Romans worshiped Jupiter and his friends, and to them they built magnificent temples. The ruins of these temples are popular tourist attractions even today. Yet we know with complete certainty that these gods were imaginary because no one worships Zeus any more.

Much more recently, we know that the Aztec civilization believed in their gods so intensely that they constructed huge temples and pyramids. In addition, Aztecs were so zealous that they were sacrificing hundreds of human beings to their gods as recently as the 16th century. Despite the intensity, however, we know today that these gods were completely imaginary. The Aztecs were insane to be murdering people for their gods. Killing a person has no effect on rainfall or anything else. We all know that. If the Aztec gods were real, we would still be offering sacrifices to them.

Today's "God" is just as imaginary as were these historical gods. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.

The "God" and the "Jesus" that Christians worship today are actually amalgams formed out of ancient pagan gods. The idea of a "virgin birth", "burial in a rock tomb", "resurrection after 3 days" and "eating of body and drinking of blood" had nothing to do with Jesus. All of the rituals in Christianity are completely man-made. Christianity is a snow ball that rolled over a dozen pagan religions. As the snowball grew, it freely attached pagan rituals in order to be more palatable to converts. You can find accounts like these in popular literature:

"The vestiges of pagan religion in Christian symbology are undeniable. Egyptian sun disks became the halos of Catholic saints. Pictograms of Isis nursing her miraculously conceived son Horus became the blueprint for our modern images of the Virgin Mary nursing Baby Jesus. And virtually all the elements of the Catholic ritual - the miter, the altar, the doxology, and communion, the act of "God-eating" - were taken directly from earlier pagan mystery religions."
"Nothing in Christianity is original. The pre-Christian God Mithras - called the Son of God and the Light of the World - was born on December 25, died, was buried in a rock tomb, and then resurrected in three days. By the way, December 25 is also the birthday or Osiris, Adonis, and Dionysus. The newborn Krishna was presented with gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Even Christianity's weekly holy day was stolen from the pagans."
It is extremely hard for a Christian believer to process this data, but nonetheless it is true. All of the "sacred rituals" of Christianity, and all of Christianity's core beliefs (virgin birth, resurrection, etc.) come straight from pagan religions that were popular around the time of Jesus. Articles like this and this can help you learn more. Once you understand the fundamental truth of Christianity's origins, the silliness of this whole thing becomes apparent.
Obviously the pagan believers, from whom Christianity derived its myths, worshipped gods that were imaginary. And thus our "God" today is just an extension of these imaginary forerunners. All human gods are imaginary.

<<< Proof #2 | Home | Go to Proof #4 >>>
A Christian will often rationalize this situation by saying, "Yes, the Egyptians and the Romans worshipped false Gods, but Christianity is real. Just look at the billions of people who believe in Jesus Christ." This strength-in-numbers rationalization may feel comforting, but it is meaningless. The fact that millions of people worship a god is meaningless.

It was once the case that most people believed the world to be flat. Widespread belief did not change the fact that the world is a sphere. The scientific and observational evidence that we have available today is undeniable -- the world is a sphere.

All scientific evidence shows that God is imaginary. So does all historical evidence. This leads any rational person to conclude that Christian beliefs are pure mythology. Christianity is just like every other mythology that mankind has dreamed up through the ages.

:boohoo::boohoo:
I'll also start copying and pasting website proofs like Lyfe did...

Proof #1 - Try praying
What would happen if we get down on our knees and pray to God in this way:

Dear God, almighty, all-powerful, all-loving creator of the universe, we pray to you to cure every case of cancer on this planet tonight. We pray in faith, knowing you will bless us as you describe in Matthew 7:7, Matthew 17:20, Matthew 21:21, Mark 11:24, John 14:12-14, Matthew 18:19 and James 5:15-16. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.
We pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways.
Will anything happen? No. Of course not.

This is very odd. Jesus makes specific promises in the Bible about how prayer is supposed to work. Jesus says in many different places that he and God will answer your prayers. And Christians believe Jesus -- according to this recent article, "54% of American adults believe the Bible is literally true." In some areas of the country the number goes as high as 75%.

If the Bible is literally true, then something is seriously amiss. Simply look at the facts. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
If "every one who asks receives", then if we ask for cancer to be cured, it should be cured. Right? If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him", then if we ask him to cure cancer, he should cure it. Right? And yet nothing happens.
In Matthew 17:20 Jesus says:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
If "nothing will be impossible to you", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should disappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note that if we take the Bible less-than-literally here, the statement "nothing will be impossible to you" becomes "lots of things will be impossible to you," and that would mean that Jesus is lying.
In Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
If "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should dissappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note again that there is not a non-literal way to interpret "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", unless you replace "whatever" with "nothing" or "little."
The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
If God says, "believe that you have received it, and it will be yours," and if we believe in God and his power, then what should happen if we pray to cure cancer tonight? It should be cured. Either that, or God is lying.
In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." [ref]
Look at how direct this statement is: "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." This is the "Son of God" speaking. Have we taken him "too literally?" No. This is a simple, unambiguous statement. Have we taken his statement "out of context?" No - Jesus uses the word anyone. Yet Jesus' statement is obviously false. Because when we ask God to cure cancer tonight, nothing happens.
We see the same thing over and over again...

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
In James 5:15-16 the Bible says:
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
In Mark 9:23:
All things are possible to him who believes.
In Luke 1:37:
For with God nothing will be impossible.
Nothing could be simpler or clearer than Jesus' promises about prayer in the Bible. Yet, when we pray to eliminate cancer, nothing happens.
And keep in mind that this is Jesus talking here. These are not the words of human beings. These are not the words of "inspired" human beings. These are supposedly the words of God himself, incarnated in a human body. Jesus is supposed to be a perfect, sinless being. And yet, it is obvious that Jesus is lying. What Jesus says is clearly incorrect.

Jesus is supposed to be God. God is supposed to be perfect.
When Jesus speaks, he should speak the truth.
Yet when we look at what Jesus says about prayer,
he is clearly lying.
If you would like additional proof, gather a million faithful believers together into a giant prayer circle. Have them all pray together in Jesus' name that God cures every case of cancer on the planet tomorrow. Pray sincerely, knowing that when God answers this completely heartfelt, unselfish, non-materialistic prayer, it will glorify God and help millions of people in remarkable ways. Now, we certainly have two or more people gathered together, and they have asked in Jesus' name, and we have not one but a million faithful believers who, by definition, have faith and believe. We have fulfilled every one of Jesus' requirements.

Will Jesus answer the prayer now? Of course not. Your prayer will go unanswered, in direct defiance to Jesus' promises in the Bible. In fact, if you pray for anything that is impossible, your prayer will always go unanswered.

If you are an intelligent, rational human being, all of the examples mentioned above show you that the God of the Bible is imaginary. What Jesus says about prayer in the Bible clearly is not true.

In fact, we have ample scientific evidence to demonstrate that the belief in prayer is nothing but pure superstition, as shown in the next proof...

Go to Proof #2 >>>
A favorite Christian rationalization for why God does not answer our prayer to eliminate cancer is because "it would take away free will." The logic: If you pray and God answers your prayer, then God would have revealed himself to you, and you would know that God exists. That would take away your free will to believe in him. Of course, if this is true, then by default all of Jesus' statements about prayer in the Bible are false. It means that God cannot answer any prayer. Also, why is a God who must remain hidden like this incarnating himself and writing the Bible?

If Jesus is God, and if God is perfect, why aren't all of Jesus's verses about prayer true? Was Jesus exagerating? Was he fibbing? If Jesus is perfect, why wouldn't he speak the truth? Why doesn't a prayer to cure cancer worldwide tomorrow work?

Believers have many different ways to explain why all these verses in the Bible do not work, even if you are praying sincerely, unselfishly and non-materialistically, and even if the answer to your prayer would help millions of people and glorify God in the process. They will say things like this:

"You need to understand what Jesus was saying in the context the first century civilization in which he was speaking..."
or:
"When Jesus talked about 'moving a mountain', he was speaking metaphorically. When someone says, 'it is raining cats and dogs,' no one takes him literally. Jesus was using a figure of speech rather than speaking literally..."
or:
God is not a thing. He is a being. He has a will. He has desires. He relates to people. He has personality traits. Prayer is a fancy word for talking to God. God, who knows everything, even before we say it, knows the difference between our thoughts and wishes, and when we are actually addressing him. He hears our prayers and responds. His responses are based on his personal decisions. We cannot predict how he will respond to our prayers... [ref]
The problem is, all of these rationalizations miss two important points:
God is supposed to be an all-powerful, all-knowing, perfect being.
The statement, "Nothing will be impossible for you", along with the other Bible verses quoted above, are false. The fact is, lots of things are impossible for you.
If a perfect being is going to make statements about how prayer works in the Bible, then three things are certain: 1) He would speak clearly, 2) he would say what he means, and 3) he would speak the truth. That is what "being perfect" is all about. A perfect, all-knowing God would know that people would be reading the Bible 2,000 years later, and therefore he would not use first-century idioms (he would say what he means). He would know that normal people will be reading the Bible and interpreting it in normal ways, so he would speak in such a way as to avoid mis-interpretation (he would speak clearly). He would know that when you say, "Nothing will be impossible for you", that what it means is, "Nothing will be impossible for you" and he would make sure that the statement "Nothing will be impossible for you" is accurate (he would speak the truth). If God says it, it should be true -- otherwise he is not perfect.
Unfortunately, the fact is that thousands of things are impossible for you no matter how much you pray, and no one (including Jesus) has ever moved a mountain.

In order to see the truth, you need to accept the fact that all of the above verses are wrong. The fact is, God does not answer prayers. The reason why God does not answer your prayers is simple: God is imaginary.

Quite simply, you do not understand what prayer, or the Bible in general is about.

First, Jesus is not, and never will be God. A person praying to Jesus Is is not adhering to biblical teaching.

Next, Only Jehovah is the hearer of prayer (Psalm 65:2) Prayers are said to go through Jesus to Jehovah, which is why Christians say in Jesus name we pray. This does not mean we acknowledge Jesus as God also, but it means we recognize the shed blood and value of Christ's ransom sacrifice to give us the opportunity at life as Jehovah has intended. Jesus himself tells us to pray to our father in the heavens while he was on earth (mat 6:9) So that should solve who we pray to.

What may we pray for? The Bible explains: ?No matter what it is that we ask according to his will, he [Jehovah] hears us.? (1 John 5:14) So we may pray for anything that is in harmony with God?s will. Is it his will that we pray about personal concerns? By all means! Praying to Jehovah can be much like talking to a close friend. We may speak openly, ?pouring out our heart? to God. (Psalm 62:8) It is proper for us to ask for holy spirit, for it will help us to do what is right. (Luke 11:13) We can also ask for guidance in making wise decisions and for strength in coping with difficulties. (James 1:5) When we sin, we should ask for forgiveness on the basis of Christ?s sacrifice. (Ephesians 1:3, 7) Of course, personal matters should not be the only subjects of our prayers. We should broaden out our prayers to include other people?family members as well as fellow worshipers.?Acts 12:5; Colossians 4:12.

Matters relating to Jehovah God should be given first importance in our prayers. We certainly have reason to express heartfelt praise and thanks to him for all his goodness. (1 Chronicles 29:10-13) Jesus gave the model prayer, recorded at Matthew 6:9-13, in which he taught us to pray that God?s name be sanctified, that is, treated as sacred, or holy. That God?s Kingdom come and that his will be done on the earth as it is in heaven are mentioned next. Only after covering these important matters relating to Jehovah did Jesus give attention to personal concerns. When we likewise give God the most important place in our prayers, we show that we are interested in more than just our own welfare.

If you knew the theme of the Bible, you would know what God's Kingdom really is, and what it's set out to accomplish, and why we should pray for it, rather than just curing all cases of cancer in the world. Jesus called the Kingdom message the " Good news ". Why? Because it will be the time when all wickedness is done away with, all sickness, even death. Which is why Jesus said do not marvel at this once when he resurrected someone from death. Because Jehovah plans to do those things on a grand scale. But only when his Kingdom does away with the present system of things.

This is why true Christians do not pray for miraculous healings, or such things because they know Jehovah already has that and then some on the horizon, in his due time. Instead they focus on the doing of his will now, and helping others learn about him, so they too can see the day the Kingdom comes to full power. It is now not Jehovah's will to cure all cases of Cancer, and study of the Bible will show why, and when he does plan to make it his business to not only cure Cancer, but all ailments plaguing mankind.