6)Marcus Camby

to name a few

your turn

STAT1

Starter
Charlie Ward
Buck Williams
JYD
Dikembe Mutombo (impact on the Knicks' defense was never realized until he was gone - it's been a red carpet to the rim defense ever since)

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Charlie Ward? Really?
didnt we end up giving him a 5 yr 30 mil contract or something after he had 1 real good game towards the end of the season? Which led to the obvious tumbling of the rest of his career

Underrated:
Anthony Mason
Kurt Thomas
Hubert Davis
Greg Anthony

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Anthony Carter

I never knew he's that good until he came on the Knicks. I actually felt he was the best PG on the team. He's not a better player than Billups, the way he played to me is what the team needed more than how Billups did. Granted, Billups got hurt soon after the trade.

AC wasn't even played a while, and not enough in the Playoffs (Rondo couldn't do crap against him in Game 4 of the Playoffs). He should have been the back-up PG and the starter after Billups got injured. A good pass-first PG that includes defense. Passing, efficient scoring, he brought it all.

Charlie Ward and Kurt Thomas are good calls.

I'd even say Latrell Sprewell....people never gave him the credit he deserved, especially outside of NY. Top 3 shooting guard in today's NBA. Only Kobe and Wade are better.

Chris Childs maybe? Was one of the best backup PGs for years, twice the player Howard Eisley was....

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Marcus Camby in my opinion. Us fans have always realized what he was about ; management has been looking for a player like him since he was given away.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You have to throw Charlie Ward in to this conversation. If he could maintain any real consistency over more than parts of a season, that is.

To me, it always seemed that he lacked the appropriate self motivation that he needed. A lot of very sporadic output. Whenever he came up against any rivals though, his defence was exceptional, and his offence would go up a gear.

Ask Tim Hardaway about Ward. He'll tell you, as he has in interviews, that Charlie Ward was a great, great basketball player. He won't tell you that he didn't bring it every night, but, sadly, that was the case.

This was the only video available on Ward, and it's pretty average.

Am I that old?