The Official Countdown Until Isiah's Gone thread

metrocard

Legend
Once marbury gets his swagger back he'll get more PT because this is no doubt his team. But until then I think Nate-Rob deserves some PT. JC needs to continue to come off the bench for his shoot first ask questions later mentality.

Marbury isn't even a NBA All Star anymore, when its his team, you know we're in a BAD position.

Marbury was one of my favorite players in the NBA, but the man is on the decline. Trading for Marbury, Francis, Crawford, Curry, Malik Rose, drafting Fyre, signing James, Jefferies have to be the worst moves off the head I've seen from a GM. Isiah needs to be executed.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Marbury has loss a lot of his athleticism. I remember his early years when he use to be able to dunk, especially that crazy alleyoop dunk he made when he was a Net.

Once marbury gets his swagger back he'll get more PT because this is no doubt his team. But until then I think Nate-Rob deserves some PT. JC needs to continue to come off the bench for his shoot first ask questions later mentality.

Remember me, i told you after our last go around during the off-season that i was gonna come back here and say i told you so. I figured what better time the than the return of the towel on head and scowl on the face of our fearless "leader"

This team is a joke. Isiah will should have been fired last year but i love watching him squirm on the bench and during press conferences!!!!

i told you so!!!!

great job isiah. curry's great, steph and francis are tearing it up in the backcourt, we are playing great defense.... 4-8. stayed tuned i'll be back in a month to laugh at you again

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Isiah finally did what I suggested many moons ago. When Crawford was a starter with Chicago he was forced to be more responsible with the basketball. If Isiah stands fast with his new policy of playing the best players regardless of salary, it will embarass vets into putting forth a better and consistent effort. Hopefully this culminates in wins sooner rather than later.

P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one.

The 1 and Only

Rotation player
Isiah finally did what I suggested many moons ago. When Crawford was a starter with Chicago he was forced to be more responsible with the basketball. If Isiah stands fast with his new policy of playing the best players regardless of salary, it will embarass vets into putting forth a better and consistent effort. Hopefully this culminates in wins sooner rather than later.

P.S. Protect ur picks Isiah are you even a Knicks fan? Just curious, cause from your posts, you don't really seem like one.

I agree with you Dr. C, let's just hope that it works.

Yes, i am an very, very disgruntled knicks fan. I hate what isiah and layden before him have done to this once proud franchise. The quicker isiah is out of town or in court is the quicker the healing process can begin. If we can ever get a real basketball mind in here (donnie walsh and jerry west are available at the end of this year)

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Just to play devil's advocate, what signifcant has either man (Walsh & West) done lately? Both the franchises they work for (Indiana and Memphis) are seemingly rebuilding every year as well. I think Isiah can be sucessful if he stays the present course. If we hadn't brought in Francis for Larry Brown, or brought Larry brown at all, we could have been better of this year. Most people in this forum said I was crazy not to want LB here. If you read all my posts concerning LB, everything I said would happen did (no crystal ball required). I still maintain that Isiah should hire Moses Malone as special consultant to Eddy Curry. Staying the course unfortunately means time will go by and success come at some point in the future.

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
i think most of us here still do have hope for the season. knicks are at 3-6 and have played a tough schedule so far. i think u should be bitch slapped for being so fucking dumb. knicksfan4real my ass:flippa:

Unlike some of you weak ass so called fans, I deal in reality rather than childish fantasies and dellusions of granduer...this team sucks and is soft. They are not going to make the playoffs once again and is a train wreck. No one is going to trade with this team no one wants these inflated understars. And the young crop of talent that is there its not enough to lift this team where it needs to be.

I think you should wake up and deal in reality, want to drink the kool aid of this team be my guest.

The KNICKS are now 4-9 officially as of this reply...

KnicksFan4Realz

Benchwarmer
Playa, playa, playa...slow your mouth down cuz I think you talking stuff that doesn't even make sense. We are nine games into the season with a roster that still needs a couple of games under their belt to get the chemistry going. Besides...I base my optimisim on what I see...not the preseason. You don't only look at the preseason, and make assessments but you look on the rhythm and improvements in their game. Dag just chill out...you haven't told anyone anything yet so chill out calm your self down before you make a fool out of yourself.

All due respect, thats how you see this team. This team has been in the shitter for some time now, and Im talking about these huge inflated contracts we have. We are kicking out over 60million to players this season, that are not even playing...not counting LB's addl 18million. So when I say this team sucks, Ive drawn my line and Im standing there. You want to be so optimistic and hope for the best, good for you. Id rather not get my hopes anytime soon with this poorly run and mismanged team...Im not looking at the preseason...IM looking at 4-9. Hustle, does not equal wins. Either you W or L, aint no ties in basketball.

The KNICKS used to be a hard well put together team, now everyone is overpaid, undertalented, and screwed when it comes to coaching.

Can we honestly trade one of these overpriced players without having to get rid of one of the young guns, I dont think any other GM's in the league are as dumb as Isiah for putting this mess together.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Just to play devil's advocate, what signifcant has either man (Walsh & West) done lately? Both the franchises they work for (Indiana and Memphis) are seemingly rebuilding every year as well. I think Isiah can be sucessful if he stays the present course. If we hadn't brought in Francis for Larry Brown, or brought Larry brown at all, we could have been better of this year. Most people in this forum said I was crazy not to want LB here. If you read all my posts concerning LB, everything I said would happen did (no crystal ball required). I still maintain that Isiah should hire Moses Malone as special consultant to Eddy Curry. Staying the course unfortunately means time will go by and success come at some point in the future.

Walsh & West are great GMs and I would also like to include Rod Thorn (Nets GM) into the mix. Memphis and Indiana have not been rebuilding but making it to playoffs every year, except for maybe Indiana but they would have if not for the Ron Artest debacle. These men have revitalized franchises. Sure, the Grizzlies are not doing so great but they are without Pau Gasol, their franchise player. But look at what they were before Jerry West arrived. They were perennial losers. The Grizzlies were competitive after only 2 years West was on the job. The same goes with Rod Thorn. Trading Marbury for Jason Kidd was probably one of the best trades of all times and then trading Eddie Griffin for Richard Jefferson and Jason Collins on draft night was brilliant. Jerry West also never allowed a rebuilding period (maybe a very short one) for the Lakers, when he was their GM and Walsh did the same for Indiana. Also, it's not true that the Knicks could have been better if it were not for the Steve Francis trade. We sucked mightily long before that.

paris401

Starter
i think we got to give thomas some time to get the team to jell.

after all starbury has only been a knick for what 3 years... ditto curry, and q-rich and stevie franchise have just arrived last year.. same for nate,lee and frye.. and we gotta give jerome some time to get into his comfort zone.

i am already seeing the beginnings of a turnaround.. and that's after only what 13 games 1/6th of the season.

a starting line-up of curry-frye-qrich-starbury-franchise

and a 2nd unit of james-lee-balkin-jc-nate

and that not even mentioning jefferies...

what other team can match up to the knicks??

JamesM

Benchwarmer
Your right about Marbury being a knick for 3 years,but so far hes done next to nothing.Isiah is gonna try every trick in the book to accomodate him,but i dont think any of them will work.Why was it Francis who sat on the bench last night?I heard somewhere he asked to be benched,im not buyin that for a second.Isiahs plain favoritsm toward Steph,or belief in him,depending on your point of view,is gonna end up getting him fired.If he wanted to bench Francis,cool,Steve hasnt exactly set the place alight this season admittedly,but what did Marbury do prior to the Minnesota game to not also be benched?I understand that making drastic changes to the lineup isnt beneficial to team chemistry,but Nate,Q and Jamal have all been better than Steph & Steve this season.Whichever backcourt isiah goes with in the long term has to be made up of the most effective tandem from the last 3 guys mentioned.

metrocard

Legend
Remember me, i told you after our last go around during the off-season that i was gonna come back here and say i told you so. I figured what better time the than the return of the towel on head and scowl on the face of our fearless "leader"

This team is a joke. Isiah will should have been fired last year but i love watching him squirm on the bench and during press conferences!!!!

i told you so!!!!

great job isiah. curry's great, steph and francis are tearing it up in the backcourt, we are playing great defense.... 4-8. stayed tuned i'll be back in a month to laugh at you again

LOL...thats the kind of Knick fan he is man, he's one of those loyal Isiah fans who get proved wrong, time after time in the future and live in denial.

dr.carpy, why protect can't be a Knick fan? Cause he accually has emotion for time, and wants the BEST for this time? Instead of sitting back and being a sucker to Isiah, letting all the bad transaction happending, and accepting them for what they are? Its not rocket science, this is a TERRIBLE roster, that needs SUBTRACTION.

We gave Isiah enough time, its all about Isiah to Knick fans these days? Whatever happend to my 90s Knick fans? ITS THE KNICKS TIME, not Isiah's playtime. We need to make moves in the front office and build a respectable franchise again

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Jerry West is in the final year of his contract as Grizzlies president of basketball operations. If Dolan has half a brain, he better put his endless supply of money to good use and get that man to New York.

Jerry West next GM in New York?

While it would be great for the Knicks, you think Jerry West would come to a pressure cooker like the New York media market? NO WAY!

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
damn ya already counting on isiah gone, in these 13 games, u see more effort than u saw last season and the knicks are fighting, the knicks are doing well cuz u gotta remember the knicks have played tough teams and they went toe to toe wit them and the knicks just need to sharpen up their D...jefferies anyone??

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Dollar bill, you're probably right, not to mention, the task to rebuild the Knicks is near impossible, at least in the near future. However, there's always the saying, everyone has a price. Plus, maybe Jerry West might do it for the challenge. Can you imagine the legacy he would leave for rebuilding the Knicks into a championship team? Obviously, West already has a legacy as a player and GM but why not add to it by choosing a team that almost everybody believes can't be done, rebuild the Knicks. I do see more effort but for what a couple games and for what...a quarter. I hope this team does do well because it would make life simpler because as mentioned several times in this forum, the players contracts are practically immovable but realistically, it's highly unlikely.

tiger0330

Legend
IT better hope Jeffries is the second coming of Superman or at least Magic Johnson because this squad sucks. Other than Q, Lee, Nate, Frye and Balkman the Bozos on this team are a bunch of overpaid underachieving scrubs. Curry will never be the big man the Knicks need to be dominant. Starbury is on the downside of his NBA career. SF really doesn't want to be here. JC is too inconsistent. Best this team does is .500 ball this year, question is, is .500 good enough to save IT.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
What sort of annoys me is the fact that a lot of fans would rather see the team fail, so Zeke gets fired. That's silly. If you're a fan, you stick with your team and show some loyalty. I hate Marbury, but I don't pray for him to do bad, just so I can post an "I told you so". With regards to Jerry West, so Mephis routinely makes the playoffs, but they always lose. Pau Gasol, in my opinion is not a superstar (superstars carry teams through adverse situations). Jerry West also has less draft vision than Isiah. Don't believe me, here's proof. Jerry west since he's been with the Grizzlies has made these moves of signifcance:

Drafted Drew Gooden (he dealt him on draft night for Mike Miller)
Drafted Marcus Banks & Kendrick Perkins (traded for Dahntay Jones & Troy Bell)
Traded Bonzi Wells for Wesley Person?
Traded James Posey & Jason Williams for Eddie Jones
Traded Shane Battier for Stromile Swift ( A player that Jerry West called mentally lazy and let go to Houston the year previous)

Not that impressive. Meanwhile Isiah has on drafted these guys:
Damon Stoudemire, Marcus Camby, Al Harrington, Ron Artest, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, and some guy named Tracy McGrady.

Isiah needs time to turn things around. Cliche as it sounds, Rome truly wasn't built in a day. The Knicks have salary cap issues, that only time can heal. 60 plus million come off the books at seasons end. I say ride the season out cheer for your team, and stop hoping for the worst for 16 people so that 1 gets fired. Metro please read my posts, then process what you're reading before insinuating what I've said. Protect seemingly relishes in Knicks failure so that Isiah gets fired. Fans should love the team (You don't have to like everyone) but you should like most, and Protect doesn't seem "in love" with the Knicks right now. Protect relishes in the failures more than the victories. Yes we've seen a lot with Layden. Did anyone think that that was going away quickly? If that's the case you're cheering for the wrong team. This will take time, but just think: If you've waited this long, what's another year?