Knicks Covet Jordan Hill

JayJ44

Starter
Lawson>>>>>Flynn, Curry

Flynn is weak, and won't be able to finish at the rim in the NBA the way Lawson can. What sets Lawson apart from others is his strength. He might be short, but his strength makes up for it. Flynn is short and weak.

The only thing Curry has on Lawson is shooting. Lawson is stronger, a better leader, better defense, better slasher. Curry is really overrated. Him going top 5 would be ridiculous.

dave2138

Rotation player
I don't understand..with all the hype of Lawson on this forum you would think he would be challenging Griffin for the #1 spot. Why is it that everywhere else he a border line lottery pick and more likely in the 17-21 range? What are they missing or what are you overrating?

Also say the unlikely happens that Curry goes #7 who do you guys want to be picked at #8. Most of you don't want the best available player left in Hill..
most don't like the other pg projected to go in that area with Flynn, Jennings..

This is open to everyone..besides Ty Lawson who would you be happy with at #8 if Stephon Curry is gone, Memphis does the logical thing and drafts Ricky Rubio for themselves, and the knicks won't trade down for a #15-20 pick to draft Lawson.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Rubio

The Knicks have not "publicly" indicated any real interest in Rubio. And Rubio has been pretty quiet too. This is odd because Rubio is a natural fit for the Knicks and New York would be a wonderful place for Rubio.

The Knicks are not likely to get him at the 8th spot and they will have more trade assets -- sign and trades for Lee or Nate -- after the draft than before the draft. In other words, it will be harder to trade up than to make a trade in early July for draft rights Perhaps whomever we pick at 8 will be designed to fit the needs/desires of the team that happens to draft a Rubio or a Curry. Since we have so many needs, it will be a reasonable pick anyway.

Donnie Walsh is being patient and keeping a low public profile. Somehow I think we are going to end up with Rubio or Curry although not at the 8th spot.

Kiyaman

Legend
Jordon Hill is the best selection for the Knicks next to Blake Griffin.

All u guys want a PG for punka$$ Dantoni....when your blind to see that the Phoenix Suns success, system, and leadership was from their highest paid player Shawn Matrix Marion.
Plus the only PG in this draft class that will have a impact of success in his rookie season is little Ty Lawson.
Curry is a small SG like RIP that will shoot the lights out when surrounded by the right teammates (defensive leaders SF-Prince & PG-Billups).

Hill is the only player in this draft the Knicks should trade down for other than Blake Griffin.
Walsh showed brilliance in having a private workout with Jordan Hill....and should do whatever he can to make him a Knick next season...

The Knicks only have one reliable Bigman which is a FA (David Lee)....the Raptors Bosh, 76ers Brand, and Celtics Big Baby are 10 times better than Jefferies, Gallo, Harington, and Chandler at the PF position in the Atlantic Division. And the weak PF in the conference like Tyson and Villenueva have season highs on our SF that are playing way out of position at the PF spot.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't understand..with all the hype of Lawson on this forum you would think he would be challenging Griffin for the #1 spot. Why is it that everywhere else he a border line lottery pick and more likely in the 17-21 range? What are they missing or what are you overrating?

Also say the unlikely happens that Curry goes #7 who do you guys want to be picked at #8. Most of you don't want the best available player left in Hill..
most don't like the other pg projected to go in that area with Flynn, Jennings..

This is open to everyone..besides Ty Lawson who would you be happy with at #8 if Stephon Curry is gone, Memphis does the logical thing and drafts Ricky Rubio for themselves, and the knicks won't trade down for a #15-20 pick to draft Lawson.

It's basically his height. It's really hard for an NBA player under 6' to be a lottery pick. But height is overrated, it won't stop him from being an effective PG in the NBA.

I would like to draft Tyreke Evans too. He has defense, athleticism, slashing ability, playmaking ability. He'll be a very good player.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
It's basically his height. It's really hard for an NBA player under 6' to be a lottery pick. But height is overrated, it won't stop him from being an effective PG in the NBA.

It has to be more than that like the feeling that he is injury prone and may not be able to go 82 games. Height is an handicap but last year DJ Augustin 5'11' and 172pounds went #9 and this year Flynn is the same height and he is projected a lock for the lottery.

JayJ44

Starter
It has to be more than that like the feeling that he is injury prone and may not be able to go 82 games. Height is an handicap but last year DJ Augustin 5'11' and 172pounds went #9 and this year Flynn is the same height and he is projected a lock for the lottery.

Yeah, that's another misconception. He played through an ankle injury in the NCAA championship game. Still had 21 points, 6 assists, 8 steals.

you must be a curry fan :lol:

weren't you the guy who said that you would rather have curry or flynn instead of rubio??? :teeth::teeth::teeth:

lawson has playmaker ability. go look at some tapes on lawson and then come and talk to me.

ok relax buddy
my comment about wanting flynn or curry over rubio was that i didnt want to give up people like lee or chandler for rubio....
i didnt think it was worth it when you can have a shooter like curry that everyone thinks will translate wuite well into the pg role
and flynn has already shown he can play the pg and is one of the most athletic people in the draft

i did not say rubio was worse then them i just didnt think it was worth trading up knowing what it would take

and while lawson has playmaking pg ability there is a reason why every single expert in the country does not have lawson even in the conversation for the knicks at 8... however, lawson will be a prime target for the knicks if they decide to trade down or get a second pick which he should be but lawson is not in the top ten of this draft...

metrocard

Legend
ok relax buddy
my comment about wanting flynn or curry over rubio was that i didnt want to give up people like lee or chandler for rubio....
i didnt think it was worth it when you can have a shooter like curry that everyone thinks will translate wuite well into the pg role
and flynn has already shown he can play the pg and is one of the most athletic people in the draft

i did not say rubio was worse then them i just didnt think it was worth trading up knowing what it would take

and while lawson has playmaking pg ability there is a reason why every single expert in the country does not have lawson even in the conversation for the knicks at 8... however, lawson will be a prime target for the knicks if they decide to trade down or get a second pick which he should be but lawson is not in the top ten of this draft...

What makes an expert an expert? Are they certified or some shit? Please tell me.

You're 100% wrong...Lawson is the best NCAA point guard in this draft. Everyone else is a combo guard; Holiday/Curry/Evans...Flynn is great, but his passing doesn't come close to Lawson's.

Only pure PG's in this draft are Rubio, Lawson and Fylnn

This article will shit completely on your post.

Teams are reportedly starting to come around on North Carolina point guard Ty Lawson.

Lawson has taken some criticism because of both his size and style of play, but he's been great in a number of pre-draft workouts.

If Lawson goes in the top-ten, it would likely slide Jrue Holiday and Jonny Flynn down the draft board.

ESPN has reported that Lawson could go No. 8 to the Knicks if Stephen Curry and Jordan Hill are gone. He appears to be a fit for the Bucks (10th), Pacers (13th) and 76ers (17th) as well.

mafra

Legend
As a DUKE fan, I'll be the first to admit that Lawson is very good. He's strong (like a Bull) and VERY quick. With the new NBA rules.... He'll break defenses down and get into the paint. He's tireless, and would work well in this system. I don't love his shot, but he makes the big shot- and he'll improve that part of his game.

I never saw Rubio play.... Other than Curry, I would take Lawson over all the other PGs. I do like Flynn, but didn't people notice.... w/out Lawson UNC was just a good team....

Anyway, if the Knicks could trade back, grab an extra pick and walk away with Lawson & Terrence Williams.... We would have our backcourt of the future.

Is there a way we could trade for JJ Redick? Really complete our backcourt?

metrocard

Legend
J.J. Reddick is one of the worst players in the NBA...theres a lot of guys in the world who can hit a 3pt shot. Reddick has too many inferior aspects in his game to be on a basketball court.

portega1968

El Cacique
This Jordan Hill rumor is more bogus from "Miss the Mark" Berman...

In his warped perspective that he can influence Knickland, he makes up this rumor so that teams that pick before the Knicks grab Jordan and someone like Rubio, Harden or Curry falls to the 8th spot.

They hype this poor Hill up like he's the future Amare Stoudamire, and he may well become a good player... but chances are that he might just be another Chris Wilcox, someone who's just not good enough to waste a top10 pick.

Knicks plan A is trading up to #2 to get Rubio
Knicks plan B is grabbing Curry
Knicks plan C is to get rid of Eddy Curry

Jordan Hill?... dang, the thought just brings back memories of Frye over Bynum.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
As a DUKE fan, I'll be the first to admit that Lawson is very good. He's strong (like a Bull) and VERY quick. With the new NBA rules.... He'll break defenses down and get into the paint. He's tireless, and would work well in this system. I don't love his shot, but he makes the big shot- and he'll improve that part of his game.

I never saw Rubio play.... Other than Curry, I would take Lawson over all the other PGs. I do like Flynn, but didn't people notice.... w/out Lawson UNC was just a good team....

Anyway, if the Knicks could trade back, grab an extra pick and walk away with Lawson & Terrence Williams.... We would have our backcourt of the future.

Because you are a Duke fan you want your boy to do good but please don't bring JJ Redick here again.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
lol @ JJ Reddick in a knicks uniform, and all jordan hill to me is an athletic etan thomas. this is ny, we want the best not some soon-to-be average pro.

Kiyaman

Legend

This was a great post untill u mentioned JJ Redick....damn!

The only natural PG in this draft class are Ty Lawson, Rubio, Jennings, Flynn, Collison, and Mills.

PG-Lawson and SG-Terrence Williams tandem would be an explosive pair to put together. I would still keep Nate & Duhon for 2 to 4 seasons.

Jordan Hill is still the Knicks #1 player to get out of this draft...

smokes

Huge Member
I don't understand why people can't see that Reddick is not really that bad. Watching the finals he made some excellent plays, he actually improved a lot since college although his shooting took a hit. His vision and unselfishness is a lot better. Plus he's quite good defensively, puts a lot of effort in. Add to that the fact that he should be cheap and as a 2nd option at the 2 I don't see why people are so down on him.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I don't understand why people can't see that Reddick is not really that bad. Watching the finals he made some excellent plays, he actually improved a lot since college although his shooting took a hit. His vision and unselfishness is a lot better. Plus he's quite good defensively, puts a lot of effort in. Add to that the fact that he should be cheap and as a 2nd option at the 2 I don't see why people are so down on him.

If you call bricking open 3s in overtime when your team needs a spark "great" go ahead.

Reddick does not impress me whatsoever.

his defense is better than his shooting, as far as im concerned....

I want to see one of these guys in orange and blue
1. Rubio
2. Hill
3. Lawson

nothing else. to hell with stephen curry. id rather keep nate.

smokes

Huge Member
If you call bricking open 3s in overtime when your team needs a spark "great" go ahead.

Reddick does not impress me whatsoever.

his defense is better than his shooting, as far as im concerned....

I want to see one of these guys in orange and blue
1. Rubio
2. Hill
3. Lawson

nothing else. to hell with stephen curry. id rather keep nate.

Those weren't his best moments but he shouldn't even be out there in overtime. Hell the Magic should never have let those games go to overtime. He definately showed some promise as a backup during the playoffs and as a cheap gun if he found his shooting touch again he'd be an excellent pickup.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer

I don't understand why you can't see that redick is bad. Let me show you how he did in the playoffs when he got a lot of minutes after C. Lee got injured.

From 4/28 to 5/17 in 9 playoff games his stats were:

29.7 MPG, 7.2 PPG, 2.3 APG, 1.5 RPG, 0.77 SPG, .306 FG%

He scored 3 times in double digits in that span(15, 12, 15) and stunk up the house the other 6 times (6, 5, 2, 3, 2, 5).

Although he shoot good from the free throw line 12 for 13 he only got there 13 times in 9 games playing 30min per game. Is that your second option?

He also played 27 minutes in one game in the finals and he did bad as well (2-9 FG, 1-6 on 3pt good for 5 points, 1 assist, 2 reb)

Now you go figure how is that good. The guy showed he can't play even when given extended minutes.

smokes

Huge Member
Second option as in backup 2 guard.

He's cheap, he's a good defender, he can spot up and score, he's improving and he's still young. I'm not saying he's an amazing player I know he is not good and unpolished but he has some ceiling. What did Larry Hughes do for us this year on 27 mpg average? Sweet **** all is what. And he is on a 12 million contract.

He's a sophomore guy who stunk up his first year no doubt. But he has improved decently and I don't see why you expect a sophomore to come out and play great consistent ball after being backup to Pietrus and Lee all season.

Reddick = Hughes but younger and for less money.