MDA has Resigned as Knicks Coach

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
It has finally come to an end. Dantoni is gone. Melo has got his wish. Its time for him to back up everything. Woodson is a very iso heavy coach. It will cater to Melo. Time for a big run to end this season. Saving the season starts tonight. Come on Knicks turn this around. Didn't want a drastic move like this especially this late in the season. But this is exactly what we needed. Lets go NYK!

iSaYughh

Starter
We beat more nobodies than sombodies you dig??? Never was dense, never will be

:lol:

Let me tutor you in some basic logic:

YOU went out of your way, and said we played nobodies during our win streak. YOU were wong.

*I*, nor anyone else, said "every team we played during our win streak was a KILELR".

Thus, *I* and nobody else made a fool of themselves by saying something incorrect, and then trying to defend themselves vs just quickly admitting the mistake and moving on.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Tough to do those things when there is chaos and discord within the team and the system being run, because a major player is basically defying it, no, and doing his own thing?

Which is what was happening. Which is why NYK players have repeatedly said the team will look like shit (vs how it did during our win streak) when there isn't a team commitment.

Right, so Melo was the reason we got killed onn the boards or Melo was the reason Parker and Williams killed us. Melo is the reason why Amare's matchup usually has season highs... ok

KBlack25

Starter
Right, so Melo was the reason we got killed onn the boards or Melo was the reason Parker and Williams killed us. Melo is the reason why Amare's matchup usually has season highs... ok

the overall record is 26-39 with Melo (including last year + playoffs) and 43-34 without him (including pre-trade + Linsanity).

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
‏@KBergCBS #Magic officials have been told that Dwight Howard informed teammates he won't opt out of contract in July, league source tell @CBSSports.

WOW.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
And obviously that has nothing to do with the players on the floor either...

The problems might have partially been MDA, but losing him doesn't begin to solve all of them.

Didn't solve all of the problems, just like Melo didn't cause all of them.

But the sentiments around here seem to say it's all on him. I mean...yea, Linsanity was Linsane and all...but people are all over the place when trying to quantify it.

When it was happening against the Wiz, Kings, and Raptors, it was "oh he's not playing anyone, just wait and see" and then Melo's return happens to coincide with the team playing the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, and Bulls on the road and it's "ooooooohhh you dirty ***** Carmelo!!!"

But wait....isn't this when we're now seeing Lin against competition that's prepared for him? He still hits those clutch floaters and turn around jumpers in the lane....but it's not like he's not averaging 25 & 13 anymore solely cause Melo laces up his kicks and takes the court.

It's a schematic thing. You don't take a paint operator/scorer and put him on the wing, then cry bloody murder when he's upset with it.

I get it...he should have been a good teammate and bought in.

But I saw how far Phoenix got with a 2-time MVP Nash, an Amar'e that was playing FANTASTIC basketball, and a team full of players that "fit" MDA's system. The closest they got was a situation where they "might have, probably would have won" if some suspensions didn't take place. One time. All the other years were "oh you guys are in the playoffs? yea ok, whatever"

I'm not confident that that "system" is getting us past the Heat, Bulls, 76ers, or Pacers.

So "justified" or not, it needs to be switched up.

Melo hanging out around the 3-point line is something you see a little kid do in a video game because he wants to shoot 3s, wherever, whenever, with whom ever.

Melo spacing the court? FOR WHO, FOR WHAT?

kinein

Benchwarmer
And the other 3 years without MELO???? Now I am looking up to see the teams we beat with MELO out because I know we were playing nobodies while MELO was out.

You can't change your stance after you get called out.

If you want to be taken seriously or even be relevant and not be seen as a troll - you have to at least take responsibility for your statements. Making following replies AFTER - as if you DIDNT say this - only says one thing about you. That you'll say anything and change any position to sound like your right. No firm foundation based on logic, reasoning, or truth. This is deemed - flip-flopping/waffling.

It's about time. I saw the flaws each and every game Mike coached with the Knicks. Some were just unfathomable. I wish him the best as he moves on, now lets play some serious bully ball. Forget all that finesse garbage...

iSaYughh

Starter

No. I agree w/ all that...Amare is a pathetic excuse for a rebounder and defender. Trust, I do not think Melo single handedly make our whole team play bad.

If Lebron was here, he wouldn't be effected. But Amare, nor Melo, are Lebron. Or Wade. Or Durant. Or any number of legit superstars who will perform and carry a team to W's regardless of circumstance.

And good players will have good games....you play the Spurs, you will lose quite often, no matter who you are.

But idk how you can deny that the cohesion we had during the win streak, and how we looked.....isn't a stark contrast with when Melo returned, and the various reports and player statements don't further corroborate that Melo harpooned the team, and the very qualities we had that helped define us during the win streak.

None of us are on the court, though. We'll know more in the coming weeks, and by season's end have a legit grasp on what is truth vs gossip with all this stuff.

quiggle

Starter
the reason the Knicks even hired him at all was to get LeBron, Dantoni could have had a .750 record in New York but he failed nevertheless since LeBron went to Miami

iSaYughh

Starter
‏@KBergCBS #Magic officials have been told that Dwight Howard informed teammates he won't opt out of contract in July, league source tell @CBSSports.

WOW.

Wow, indeed....

****. Was really praying for a Melo + Ty for Howard + Turk trade.

Well, this might make the Nets keen to trade Williams now. Though idk how that would work w/ us....

KBlack25

Starter
Didn't solve all of the problems, just like Melo didn't cause all of them.

But the sentiments around here seem to say it's all on him. I mean...yea, Linsanity was Linsane and all...but people are all over the place when trying to quantify it.

When it was happening against the Wiz, Kings, and Raptors, it was "oh he's not playing anyone, just wait and see" and then Melo's return happens to coincide with the team playing the Heat, Spurs, Mavs, and Bulls on the road and it's "ooooooohhh you dirty ***** Carmelo!!!"

But wait....isn't this when we're now seeing Lin against competition that's prepared for him? He still hits those clutch floaters and turn around jumpers in the lane....but it's not like he's not averaging 25 & 13 anymore solely cause Melo laces up his kicks and takes the court.

It's a schematic thing. You don't take a paint operator/scorer and put him on the wing, then cry bloody murder when he's upset with it.

I get it...he should have been a good teammate and bought in.

But I saw how far Phoenix got with a 2-time MVP Nash, an Amar'e that was playing FANTASTIC basketball, and a team full of players that "fit" MDA's system. The closest they got was a situation where they "might have, probably would have won" if some suspensions didn't take place. One time. All the other years were "oh you guys are in the playoffs? yea ok, whatever"

I'm not confident that that "system" is getting us past the Heat, Bulls, 76ers, or Pacers.

So "justified" or not, it needs to be switched up.

Melo hanging out around the 3-point line is something you see a little kid do in a video game because he wants to shoot 3s, wherever, whenever, with whom ever.

Melo spacing the court? FOR WHO, FOR WHAT?

Melo + MDA was doomed from the start.

MDA had the guys he wanted at the start of 2010-11 for the most part - this team got gutted for a ball stopping three forward that really did nothing MDA wanted to do.

Melo came in entitled and selfish, and MDA remained married to his system, a system that by the way has won as many titles in the NBA as Riley and JVG in NY, for what it's worth (two coaches whose era Knicks fans pine for). To MDA's credit, he lived and died by his sword. The ownership clearly chose Melo, that's fine - but several guys thrived here in Melo's absence.

Melo has to realize this is a team game, and what's best for the team might not necessarily be best for his individual numbers. So far, I haven't seen any of it. He has to change his thought process before real progress is made.

jimkcchief88

All Star
:lol:

Let me tutor you in some basic logic:

YOU went out of your way, and said we played nobodies during our win streak. YOU were wong.

*I*, nor anyone else, said "every team we played during our win streak was a KILELR".

Thus, *I* and nobody else made a fool of themselves by saying something incorrect, and then trying to defend themselves vs just quickly admitting the mistake and moving on.

To quote a wise man: even the sun shines on a dog's a$$ every once in a while. Translation: Anybody can beat anybody on any given night. Remember what Kobe said when asked about J. Lin before that Friday night game??? Lemme tell ya: "Jeremy Who???" So we won a beat a couple good teams. BIG EFFIN DEAL. We lost to more bad teams during the same run. And after the media put a target on Lin's back, it was over for him. I get it. DO YOU!!!!