Who do you think is the better center: Chandler or Camby?

Better center: Chandler or Camby?

• Chandler

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • Camby

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

I'm almost certain the olympic committee selected TC for more than playing defense against Spain. That's a silly notion. Howard and Bynum weren't going to play and TC is one of the best centers in the NBA (plus a champion). He also just came off a DPOY, so to marginalize his selection like that is kind of ridiculous.

Also, no way has Davis ever looked better than TC for team usa.

nyk_nyk

All Star
thats where Tyson is underrated, and its his weakness at the same time.

Tyson doesnt rebound. now understand I dont mean what you think.

he has this whiplash where he flips the ball away from the basket out to the 3 line for his teammates to grab,it helps alot *the Melo 3 vs the Bulls Tyson kept tipping it out* but its also a weakness because he nevers secures the rebound

I don't think its a weakness at all. He does it intentionally when he doesn't have a clear grab for the ball. I'd say its very good awareness.

KingCharles34

All Star
In terms of defense in their primes,

Chandler is definitely better one v one on staying with his man and making things very difficult even without blocking the shot.

Camby is more of a drifter. His one on one defense was always considered sub-par by coaches because he's so interested in just blocking shots. However, his weak side help is off the charts because of this.

In offense?

Camby is definitely more versatile, but Chandler takes much much better shots which is reflected in their percentages.

My personal opinion? Camby is more talented, Chandler is the smarter player.... Not sure which you'd rather have.

I almost completely agree with this post

One on One Low post Defense = Chandler

Help Defense = Camby

Rebounding = Camby

Shot Blocking = Camby

On Offense...

At this point the only thing Camby does good on offense is get offensive rebounds and hes a good passer...

Chandler is the better offensive player off the strength of how many dunks he gets.

The only thing i really disagree with is Chandler being the smarter player, Im not really convinced either one is smarter then the other

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
5-1.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and
Not according to Dime Magazine who rated the 25 most overpaid players in the NBA. Chandler didn't make the list but Stat was number 10 and Brook Lopez, Asik, Okafer and Biedrins are also are on that list.

Chandler rebounds, plays D, is a high percentage scorer and provides those intangibles like leadership and toughness. Cuban screwed up by not offering him a multi year deal and the Knicks are fortunate to get him.

http://dimemag.com/2012/08/the-25-most-overpaid-players-in-the-nba/

elcol

Rotation player
Perfect summary!

Camby was quite versatile in his 20's, Chandler is freaking one-dimensional.

Defensively he's right up there with the best, but the guy got no offense, even on team USA he's by far the worst player on offense. To be precise, the only reason coach K selected him was to play defense on the Gasol brothers in the gold medal game, other than that he's totally useless for USA. K-Love and even Anthony Davis looked much much better at center.

Not saying Chandler is a bad player, but we definitely overpaid on him and Camby in his prime would be my starter.

This guy ANCHORS us defensively, no way we did not overpay him. Along with the fact that he brings veteran championship experience and also team leadership among a bunch of immature babies( Amare, Melo, JR). Imagine the opponents points scored, defensive rebounding numbers without him. Imagine our ORB numbers without him(non existant). He also has great percentage of course and is a great roller and also great screener both on and off the ball.

So no..We didn't overpay TC

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
This guy ANCHORS us defensively, no way we did not overpay him. Along with the fact that he brings veteran championship experience and also team leadership among a bunch of immature babies( Amare, Melo, JR). Imagine the opponents points scored, defensive rebounding numbers without him. Imagine our ORB numbers without him(non existant). He also has great percentage of course and is a great roller and also great screener both on and off the ball.

So no..We didn't overpay TC

This, it's not just his stats that he bring to the team. The amount of shots he alters or players don't take because of his presence is off the charts. Plus when you compare his contract to what the rest of the C's around the league get (DJ, Hibbert, Asik, Lopez) he is pretty solid value.

iJoe

Rotation player
This, it's not just his stats that he bring to the team. The amount of shots he alters or players don't take because of his presence is off the charts. Plus when you compare his contract to what the rest of the C's around the league get (DJ, Hibbert, Asik, Lopez) he is pretty solid value.

Totally agreed. Decent Centers are the most expensive asset in the NBA. Not to mention, that he takes good shots and DPOY. He might not be a great value player, but he's not overpaid.

If Amare learns to box out, Chandler might have a better chance of grabbing rebounds instead of tapping them out.

I'm really looking forward to Chandler at center and Camby at PF..... should be a blast watching teams try to get through that!

I still can't believe how much those other centers on your list got paid though :smokin: