Knicks @ Heat 2/27 8:00 pm

Who is the best player in this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

la2ny

Starter
Bet Wade is glad 2 get out of that Mental hospital he was in tonight, Cause AC put him in a straitjacket!

KBlack25

Starter
Yeah, I guess we should give some credit to MD. It worked.

Nope. Everyone knows that MDA only plays people that play offense, he does not care about defense. That is why he DIDN'T play Anthony Carter when Carter said he could guard Wade...because MDA does not care about defense.

:)

STAT1

Starter
SC on ESPN News breaking down the game.. basically hinting that NY won b/c refs didn't call foul on Carmelo... As if Lebron was fouled b4 Amar'e block.

EXCUSES.

ESPN always hates on anything New York related. What do you expect when your station is run by a buncha Red Sux Nation lovin' faggots?

mafra

Legend
Our bench outscored their 19-15. Doing that in MIA is impressive.

Our BIG-3 outscored theirs: 61-59

Our supporting cast bested theirs: 30-27.

Knicks won rebounding war: 43-42.

Knicks edged MIA from the free throw line, going 21-23 while MIA went 16-22.

MIA had 18 turnovers. We had 16.

MOST IMPORTANT STAT: MIA scored 34 in the 1st quarter... then only 52 for the rest of the game!

This is why NY won... despite shooting 8-30 from downtown, and MIA besting NY shooting 43.2 from the field while we shot 38.8.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
You know what makes this even more sweet than usual?

Did you see those interviews with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all saying about how it would be hard for the Knicks and how they'd struggle at first like they did and although they said we'd get there, there was a real arrogance like they were talking down to us.

Well, I wonder what they've got to say now.

They were talking like they'd won a championship. You've won shit.

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah, I guess we should give some credit to MD. It worked.

After starting off crappy tonight and giving up 35 in the first quarter, MOA woke up. For the first time basically all season MOA stressed D for 3 quarters and look at the outcome! He actually coached great tonight on defense. Maybe MOA had an epiphany after our loss to the Cavs and realized he's going to have to play some defenders to win with our current players.

I still think his offensive playcalling wasn't great, especially coming out of timeouts was borderline TERRIBLE. I realize no coach is going to be perfect but when he calls Walkers name for a baseline clutch drive with 4 seconds left on the shot clock, you just have to wonder where his brain was at. We only scored one basket after a timeout today. Miami scored after nearly every timeout except for the last 30 seconds of the game.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy as hell we won, I just hope tonight wasn't a fluke by MOA. I'll be convinced if we can keep teams below 100 pts for a couple games in a row and if he actually plays his defenders over his scoring lineup all night long. So far, so good... Overall good game though for MOA and especially for Big Shot Billups!

:gony:

mafra

Legend

Did you see those interviews with LeBron and Wade and Bosh all saying about how it would be hard for the Knicks and how they'd struggle at first like they did and although they said we'd get there, there was a real arrogance like they were talking down to us.

On top of that... making it sweeter... MIA got it together when they went into CLE and blew the Cavs out. We go in on FRI night and lose, and you know MIA was thinking that was funny.

6 OFF rebounds for MIA was sweet too!

Before the game Bowen, Barry, & were selling out on us with their hatin predictions.
Amongst other crap they spit out...

Hannah Storm said: When they have gaurded each other Lebron James has really gotten the best of Carmelo, BARRY SAID: I don't see anything changes, I think Lebron Jamess goes absolutetly nuts, Carmelo said "this game will be a statement game" Not for Melo, I think Lebron James makes a statement tonight.

BARRY & BOWENS SAID: WADE will go for 40 pts and 4 steals, James wil go for 30 pts, 11 rebounds and 10 dimes

MICHAEL WILBON SAID: the knicks will only win if they score 126pts and they will plan no defense
They try to bash us every chance they get. WHAT NOW "ITCHES"

They just love to predict our demise every game, well tonight you are very quite, I can't hear, ya'll can get those hot dogs out your mouth now.......WHAT!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GO NY GO!!!

STAT1

Starter

Hubie Brown called it right after the game ended. He said it was an embarassing loss for the Heat that they thought they would come in & just roll all over the Knicks tonight. The Knicks just earned their respect w/this win tonight.

Gotta love the vociferous booing of Lebron during his final free throws & all the "New York Knicks!" chants at the Miami Arena in the closing seconds. :cool:

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
Before the game Bowen, Barry, & were selling out on us with their hatin predictions.
Amongst other crap they spit out...

Hannah Storm said: When they have gaurded each other Lebron James has really gotten the best of Carmelo, BARRY SAID: I don't see anything changes, I think Lebron Jamess goes absolutetly nuts, Carmelo said "this game will be a statement game" Not for Melo, I think Lebron James makes a statement tonight.

BARRY & BOWENS SAID: WADE will go for 40 pts and 4 steals, James wil go for 30 pts, 11 rebounds and 10 dimes

MICHAEL WILBON SAID: the knicks will only win if they score 126pts and they will plan no defense
They try to bash us every chance they get. WHAT NOW "ITCHES"

They just love to predict our demise every game, well tonight you are very quite, I can't hear, ya'll can get those hot dogs out your mouth now.......WHAT!!!! GO NY, GO NY, GO NY GO!!!

I always watch MSG **** them!

STAT1

Starter

AnimatedGIF-ROFLMOASmiley.gif

WrongIslander

Rotation player
We've got the perfect test of our play credentials coming up in Orlando.

If we can mix it with them and by them I mean Dwight Howard, (they may as well be called the Orlando Howards) then suddenly we start to look like a real threat to anyone.

mafra

Legend
Hubie Brown called it right after the game ended. He said it was an embarassing loss for the Heat that they thought they would come in & just roll all over the Knicks tonight. The Knicks just earned their respect w/this win tonight.

Gotta love the vociferous booing of Lebron during his final free throws & all the "New York Knicks!" chants at the Miami Arena in the closing seconds. :cool:

MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

They'll lose Jones. Somebody will pay him something.

Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.

KingofNy

Starter
MIA has 62.5 MILLION wrapped up next year in 10 players (LJ, Wade, BOSH, Miller, Haslem, Anthony, Pittman, Beverley, Butler, Hasbrouck).

Don't see much room for them to improve. OH, and they have another 2.8 in Big Z & House (if they exercise their player options).

65 mil for 12 players. How will MIA add anything to this? Only via a trade, right?

Meanwhile, Knicks have 45 million comitted next year. Could let Billups walk and then that number would be around 35 mil. Knicks have lots of options, while MIA is stuck.

Exactly! +1

I don't know why some people and media analysts think that we won't have any cap room to improve our team this offseason. I know the CBA still needs to be worked out but it shouldn't change that much if at all.

We're going to be almost in the middle of the road cap wise compared to the rest of the NBA this offseason. If for some reason they lower the cap, it will affect everyone and we might actually be able to get some good players for cheap as team's like Boston and Miami won't be able to swallow up all the talent. I can't wait til we get to fill out our roster and see our squad at their full potential... Could you imagine adding a guy like Camby to our starting lineup and if we get a good 6th man who can score and defend? We'd be unstoppable!

mafra

Legend
Exactly! +1

I don't know why some people and media analysts think that we won't have any cap room to improve our team this offseason. I know the CBA still needs to be worked out but it shouldn't change that much if at all.

We're going to be almost in the middle of the road cap wise compared to the rest of the NBA this offseason. If for some reason they lower the cap, it will affect everyone and we might actually be able to get some good players for cheap as team's like Boston and Miami won't be able to swallow up all the talent. I can't wait til we get to fill out our roster and see our squad at their full potential!

Knicks have enough cash to spend a decent amount on a legit C; with some exemption stuff to throw at a backup PG. Also assets to swing a deal.

Knicks have lots more wiggle room to improve... and let's not forget our BIG-3 is a better bball fit than MIAs. We have a PG, a wing player, an interior scoring machine.

STAT1

Starter

No way in hell should the Knicks buy Billups out, he is a huge part of that trade. All we need is a role playing C that can play D inside & grab some boards.

mafra

Legend
No way in hell should the Knicks buy Billups out, he is a huge part of that trade. All we need is a role playing C that can play D inside & grab some boards.

Amen. Wlash pretty much said as much. Just saying they have options... LIKE if NO wants to trade Paul.

Plenty of options.

Marc Gasol? Perkins? Big Baby? T-Chandler? DeAndre J?

la2ny

Starter
Once again a Team Melo plays for Owns LBJ

<TABLE class=mod-data><TBODY><TR class=even vAlign=top><TD class=oddrow width=72 align=middle> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" class=even noWrap>C. Anthony
Reb: 9
Ast: 2
Stl: 1
Blk: 1
</TD><TD class=oddrow width=72 align=middle> </TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left" class=even noWrap>L. James
Reb: 7
Ast: 5
Stl: 3
Blk: 1
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>