Tony Parker might be traded next season

Paul1355

All Star
Hey if this rumors is even remotely true than we should do anything to get him. This would solve our PG problems for years.

Parker on trade block this summer?

4:08PM ET
Tony Parker | Spurs

Top Email

Now down 3-0 to the Suns in the second round of the playoffs, the Spurs are on the verge of being ousted from the postseason.
So what to do with the roster this summer?
ESPN's Marc Stein writes that the team will likely try and convince Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter -- a player they drafted in 2007 -- to leave Europe and play in the league next season.
But is it also possible the team will look to trade -- gasp -- Tony Parker?
As shocking as it sounds, Parker is likely the team's best trade asset, and he'll be on the last year of his contract next season, writes Stein:

stein_marc_30.jpg
Marc Stein

Parker reportedly uncertain about his future
"Sources with knowledge of the team's thinking say the Spurs are increasingly optimistic about their ability to inject their front line with some new blood by convincing Brazilian forward Tiago Splitter -- whom they drafted in 2007 -- to leave the European game to come to the NBA starting next season. Yet it remains to be seen how aggressive San Antonio feels it'll have to be about reshaping the rest of the roster after Richard Jefferson's season of struggle, with Parker -- unpalatable as it sounds -- ranking as its best trade asset. The Frenchman has only one season left on his contract ($13.5 million) after this season and, according to a recent report in the San Antonio Express-News, has told friends that he's unsure about his future in town after the contract extension recently bestowed upon Manu Ginobili and with second-year guard George Hill capable of playing the same position."​

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I seriously doubt he'll leave SA. Him and Big Fun are anally close friends.

I guess Insider's columnists have to create some noise for their paying members. Could be wrong of course. Stil loving the fact you're posting their articles.

Parker is 29 next year. Had some injuries. Not a stereo type play maker.

He's damn good, but is he what we need? I dunno, I think we need more of a dimer than a scorer.

Obviously wouldn't complain though.

3 year deal at $33m and I get to motor boat his wife.

Paul1355

All Star
I seriously doubt he'll leave SA. Him and Big Fun are anally close friends.

I guess Insider's columnists have to create some noise for their paying members. Could be wrong of course. Stil loving the fact you're posting their articles.

Parker is 29 next year. Had some injuries. Not a stereo type play maker.

He's damn good, but is he what we need? I dunno, I think we need more of a dimer than a scorer.

Obviously wouldn't complain though.

3 year deal at $33m and I get to motor boat his wife.
unlikely rumors like this can turn out being something big in a couple of months.

Without Parker that team loses chemistry, but being 29 and in his last year, Parker might want big money. Can the Spurs afford him? Yea if they go over the cap with his Bird Rights and be in debt for years. It's interesting.

iSaYughh

Starter
Ya. And Parker is only 27 right now.

What kind of cheese would we be giving up for him? Any chance they'd do Chandler + Walker + Curry? I'd sweeten the pot further if it meant achieving:

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Lee

Make a deal with Clips for DeAndre....

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Lee
DeAndre

It does make sense since theyve got George Hill playing so well at the point on a rookie salary. There aren't many true facilitators left in the league, like Nash, Paul, D.Will in Utah. If I can't get one of those guys, I'll take a player who can get into the lane at will, and Tony Parker is the absolute best at that.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer

What kind of cheese would we be giving up for him? Any chance they'd do Chandler + Walker + Curry? I'd sweeten the pot further if it meant achieving:

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Lee

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Lee
DeAndre

Ouch that is a killer squad. Good night eastern conference.

Paul1355

All Star
ESPN has Knicks as top taker on Parker

Parker to Knicks possible?

10:54AM ET
Tony Parker | Spurs

Top Email

With a disappointing playoff season in the recent past, it's only natural for speculation to begin regarding how the Spurs might be altered this offseason. Teams that have elite talent but no apparent shot at a title rarely sit still.
And while Spurs general manager R.C. Buford insists he wants point guard Tony Parker to be part of the club's future and he won't trade him, others aren't so sure. Bottom line: If Buford's stance changes, the GM won't have any trouble finding a team that wants the point guard. And already there are hints at suitors.
A source tells the New York Daily News that Gregg Popovich is so high on George Hill that Parker could be traded and that New York would be a good spot for Parker, who has a slashing style that would fit well in Mike D'Antoni's offensive system.
"Pop loves George and I could see a scenario where he would trade Tony," said a Spurs source. "Tony will be looking for a max deal and New York may pay him."
Parker's contract expires at the end of next season and he could come to New York through a trade or free agency if the Knicks don't spend all their cap room this summer.
Not something to bank on, but the fact that there's a lot more chatter on Parker's future outside of San Antonio is indicative of a situation most feel is pretty unsettled.

8FOR!3

Rookie
The only thing RC Buford and Coach Pop might go after is an Curry - Gallo - Chandler deal and I really don't think ya'll want any part of that do you? Parker's better than the three of them combined, but Gallo has a lot of upside. Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry have a lil bit of that as well =D

nyk_nyk

All Star

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Lee

Parker
Bron
Gallo
Bosh
DeAndre

Find a way to replace Lee with Bosh.

KNICKMATIC809

Benchwarmer
i wouldn't give spurs young talent to get parker it aint worth it he's 28 and has a thing for injury .... we can go younger. i just hope donnie makes a move on draft night because if minny , goldenstate , or nets do land john wall ... they got to get rid of their point guard ... minny has flynn,rubio,sessions goldenstate curry,ellis, nets harris .....

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
realgm.com says Parker would ask for a max contract from the Knicks. What's with all these good but not great players looking for max contracts lol.

iSaYughh

Starter
Melo (who may not even go FA/another team), CP3, too...so many of the true max guys are in twighlight years of prime and/or just not realistically going anywhere for quite some time.

You have The King in a class by himself, Wade, but then it's a pool of vgood players who can get the max dollars because relative to teams' options--now and on the horizon-- they are THE "best".

Teams feel need to sign The Best (that they can); when the Bosh's of the world are just that for the foreseeable future they become de facto max players.

Relative to teams needs. Teams in position to not have to go max now, will reap superior value when years down line they can go max on Howards of the world. But even then, it's a risk that the few and far True Maxs will still be around or will depart.

The very idea of what IS a True Max can change all. And we may be seeing this evolution right now.

smokes

Huge Member
I just don't understand why so many people are coming up with scenarios that involve Lebron AND an all star PG. We don't need a star PG to play alongside Lebron, we just need a guy who can penetrate and hit a jumpshot, with safe hands. Toney D fits the bill almost seamlessly, he's measurably the fastest guard out of the 2009 draft, he has a decent jumpshot and he doesn't turn the ball over much.

What we do need is an intimidating big man to lock down the paint whether we get Lee or Bosh neither of them has that quality. DeAndre Jordan is ok but he hasn't developed particularly well yet and his offense besides his athleticism is very questionable.

Emeka Okafor would be perfect, can only hope New Orleans bite on that trade. Getting Collison in that deal would be incredible.

But there are plenty of other bigmen options we could explore trade scenarios for. Sadly my internet is slow as hell so I can't look into contract numbers/durations to figure out the likelihood of getting these trades done but plenty of names spring to mind...

Birdman
Bargnani
Biedrins
Bogut
Dalembert
Gortat
Horford
McGee
Okur
Scola
Smith
Tyrus Thomas

To name just a few...

New New York

Quiet Storm
realgm.com says Parker would ask for a max contract from the Knicks. What's with all these good but not great players looking for max contracts lol.

But consider he is only 28 years old, he still averaged 16 pts and 6 ast in a "off year" then he maybe worth it!

Think about it....Nash was actually two years older than Parker when he joined the Suns and became league MVP, and Nash had never been a Finals MVP before!

I would package Curry and Gallo for him, but only if we got Lebron and Bosh. I know yall may think I am crazy but I think we could also retain Lee with Bosh and Lebron too, especially if we bring in a PG like Parker.....Lee would be crazy to pass up on that! But even if we didnt we could use that 8 million to bring back Walker,sign a cheap Center (I'd say 2 million to Amir Johnson) and sign Mike Miller for like 6 million

Parker/Douglas/House (league min)
Miller/Walker/House (league min)
Lebron/Wilson
Bosh/J. Oneal(league minimum)
Johnson/Bosh/Barron

Paul1355

All Star
Tony Parker shut this thought down already...

Espn reported as I am sure all you guys seen:2cents:
yea this is true, odds are he stays with Tim Duncan in San Antonio, but I am sure Tony doesn't want to be Lebron part 2 with all the free agency rumors swirling around him as the season continues.

Parker will want max money, the Spurs can do it but be in huge debt for years, Parker's opinion can easily change if the Spurs fail to go anywhere in the playoffs next year.

Just think of Lebron for example, everyone in the world thought he'd stay in cleaveland and now that his team has failed to win, everyone thinks he is going, so Parker out of SA can be a possibility after 2011.

iSaYughh

Starter
Good points, Paul. With thay said, perhaps we truly should just let McFlurry's contract melt.

Trade for a C (Deansre Jordan ideally); and roll with Douglas-Serg at the point, who, playing next to Bron would be pretty perfect and max out their values, especially Douglas spreading the floor and playing lockdown D.

Douglas-Serg
Bron-Walker
Gallo-Bron
Bosh-TyrusT
Deandre-Barron
With room for a MAX next year like Parker.

Deep, stacked, complete, and extremely young. The makings of an all-time great dynasty. With room for another max the following year...dayum, Bron must be licking his chops!

Paul1355

All Star
Good points, Paul. With thay said, perhaps we truly should just let McFlurry's contract melt.

Trade for a C (Deansre Jordan ideally); and roll with Douglas-Serg at the point, who, playing next to Bron would be pretty perfect and max out their values, especially Douglas spreading the floor and playing lockdown D.

Douglas-Serg
Bron-Walker
Gallo-Bron
Bosh-TyrusT
Deandre-Barron
With room for a MAX next year like Parker.

Deep, stacked, complete, and extremely young. The makings of an all-time great dynasty. With room for another max the following year...dayum, Bron must be licking his chops!
Why are you so high on Deandre Jordan? The backup center for the Clippers?

Maybe for a backup but we need a legit center. Maybe a trade could work for a center but thats a whole new conversation.

As far as Parker goes i agree we can just let Curry's contract expire and sign someone good in 2011. I would like to trade Curry as soon as possible, though. Parker can easily be James part 2 so I will not believe him when he says my heart is in SA or whatever he said.