World Peace signs 2 year deal with NYK

tiger0330

Legend
I understand him not wanting to play for Cleveland, Charlotte but I did not like hearing that playing for the Knicks was a ship that sailed.

petescud

Starter
I think he's really hurt by the move the Lakers made....He's also hurt cause he always wanted to be a Knick and we could had drafted him but we chose Frederick Weis i believe

Btw, he's a nut - now he says he wants to play for the Clippers...he wants to stay close to his kids...kudos to him for that...sigh

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think he's really hurt by the move the Lakers made....He's also hurt cause he always wanted to be a Knick and we could had drafted him but we chose Frederick Weis i believe

Btw, he's a nut - now he says he wants to play for the Clippers...he wants to stay close to his kids...kudos to him for that...sigh[/QUOTE

I guess the kid factor is our biggest obstacle... Can't beat that

Yet on the sentimental front of course we do offer a chance to play at home for his favorite team!

And we offer him a chance to be a starter I think Dudley may have that spot sown up... Just speculating/hoping

DrB

Benchwarmer
I'm down for it.....He and Shump and Chandler loading up the "D"....is MWP going to sign for 1.7 mil though
TWO THINGS...he's AMNESTIED so LA pays him 7.7 million dollars but it does not go into their salary cap and the luxury tax is reduced BUT he says he wants to play in CHINA or Coach...and does not want to sign with an NBA team...but WE GOT HIM. YIPEEE

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
If things go like they seem to be mwp will be a knick by Tuesday. I would love this addition

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
TWO THINGS...he's AMNESTIED so LA pays him 7.7 million dollars but it does not go into their salary cap and the luxury tax is reduced BUT he says he wants to play in CHINA or Coach...and does not want to sign with an NBA team,

smokescreen... he didn't want to be subjected to play for any organization but the one he chooses... of course he didn't want to be amnestied but now he can choose where he wants to go... the knicks were one of his top destinations and it looks like he has reconsidered his previous banter on "NBA not being an option next season" (smokescreen to defer teams from acquiring him via the waiver process)...

New New York

Quiet Storm
If things go like they seem to be mwp will be a knick by Tuesday. I would love this addition

Why Tuesday? Too much can go wrong by the LOL! No I think you are right NBA offices are closed on the weekends so deals can't be finalized til Tuesday morning

tiger0330

Legend
smokescreen... he didn't want to be subjected to play for any organization but the one he chooses... of course he didn't want to be amnestied but now he can choose where he wants to go... the knicks were one of his top destinations and it looks like he has reconsidered his previous banter on "NBA not being an option next season" (smokescreen to defer teams from acquiring him via the waiver process)...
Even if it was a smokescreen he could have said that playing for the Knicks was a life long dream instead of playing for the Knicks was a ship that sailed. Really not sure he's coming now that he's cleared waivers because I believe his options are wide open since he cleared waivers, he can retire, play in the AFL, go to China and still get his amnesty money from the Lakers.

We're such a bizarre franchise. For the 2nd season in a row, we're waiting for a bargain to fall to us well into the free agency period, who, more likely than not, moves right into our starting lineup. If we do nab MWP, I'm speculating that he moves into the starting lineup with Chandler, Melo, Shump, and Felton, but I guess a lot remains to be seen with Prigs and possibly Bargnani having a crack as starters as well.

CoolClyde

fu*ck yeah baby!!
ron_artest.jpg

Attachments

• ron_artest.jpg
    ron_artest.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 11

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Seems like its happening, should be finalized sometime this week. Can't wait for this to happen