New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers Game Thread 1/13/2010

Does David Lee deserve to make the 2010 All Star game?

• Yes, David Lee has really improved his game.

Votes: 9 69.2%
  • No, Lee is good, but there are other people who deserve it more.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • He's not even a real center. Let alone an All Star.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
NEW YORK KNICKS @ PHILADELPHIA 76ERS
New_York_Knicks_logo.png
76ersold.jpg

liberty_bell1.jpg

862196.jpg

dlee_300_080326.jpg

David Lee and the Knicks
18.9 ppg, 11 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.1 steals

vs.

andre_iguodala.jpeg

Andre Iguodala and the 76ers
18.4 ppg, 6.8 rebounds, 5.8 assists, 2.0 steals

The Knicks are coming off of a 2 game losing streak.
In their last meeting with the 76ers, the Knicks were outscored by 14 in an overtime loss to the 76ers.

The Philadelphia 76ers are on a 2 game winning streak. The playoffs are not totally out of reach for them, so expect them to put a strong effort.

The Knicks have the better record, so they should win this game. But after the Knick loss to the 3-34 Nets in December, anything is possible.

Starting Lineups

Knicks
PG Duhon
SG Chandler
SF Gallinari
PF Jeffries
C Lee

76ers
PG Williams
SG Iverson
SF Iguodala
PF Young
C Dalembert

Music Video of the Day:

<object width="448" height="374">

<embed src="http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/e/16711680/wshhNEEB1wCbX24CHrao" quality="high" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="448" height="374"> </object>

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
LOL, If only it were that simple.

Hell yeah. The Knicks have been unpredictable all season. They beat some good teams but have also lost to some bad teams. I wonder what's going to happen this time around. lol

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Nice game thread. Song is half decent. Hot girls, but wack rapper.

I think the Knicks will do good tonight. Our focus has to be on Iguodala. I wouldn't mind seeing hughes out there so that he can play some defense on him. Hughes is probably the only guy that has the size and speed to contain A.I.

ANU

Starter
this is where el bicho gets his swag back.he had his career high against them.so we'll see.

Knicks4Life_1985

&#9733;The Floor General&#9733;
We need to stop paying so much attention to the off season and who might be here and who might not. This team has the ability to win in the playoffs and I am not just saying that because I am a die hard fan. We need to keep up the effort on defense and not get caught up in the mularky........:gony:

ANU

Starter
We need to stop paying so much attention to the off season and who might be here and who might not. This team has the ability to win in the playoffs and I am not just saying that because I am a die hard fan. We need to keep up the effort on defense and not get caught up in the mularky........:gony:
win in the playoffs? vs the celtics or the cavs? i doubt it.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Nate Robinson is dribbling too much, just an ugly basketball player!

This is why hes such a polarizing figure. The nights he puts up 41 like in that Hawks game, or how he got us back in that Bobcat game makes you love him. But there are other times where he really hurts the team. I only wish Nate played good defense, that could easily make him still effective even when hes not scoring.

Anyways Knicks down by 1 at the half. Not to much to worry about, because the Knicks are in the game and no one has really stepped up. I expect better things from Lee and Chandler in the second half. And hopefully Gallo is aggresive, when he drives, hes going to finish or get fouled most of the time.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This is why hes such a polarizing figure. The nights he puts up 41 like in that Hawks game, or how he got us back in that Bobcat game makes you love him. But there are other times where he really hurts the team. I only wish Nate played good defense, that could easily make him still effective even when hes not scoring.

Anyways Knicks down by 1 at the half. Not to much to worry about, because the Knicks are in the game and no one has really stepped up. I expect better things from Lee and Chandler in the second half. And hopefully Gallo is aggresive, when he drives, hes going to finish or get fouled most of the time.

Good info. I'm not watching the game yet, so this helps. how are gallo and dudu doing?

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
New York Players in bold: Currently in-game
Starters Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
W. Chandler G 20:42 3-5 0-0 0-0 -2 1 5 2 3 0 1 0 0 6
C. Duhon G 19:48 1-2 1-2 0-0 +6 0 0 4 0 1 0 0 1 3
D. Lee C 22:39 5-12 0-0 2-2 -4 1 6 0 0 0 0 2 0 12
J. Jeffries F 21:13 4-6 1-2 2-4 +6 3 5 2 0 0 0 1 2 11
D. Gallinari F 17:47 2-7 0-2 3-4 +8 0 2 4 0 1 2 0 0 7
Bench Min FG 3Pt FT +/- Off Reb Ast TO Stl BS BA PF Pts
A. Harrington 13:05 3-8 1-2 1-2 -8 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 8
J. Bender 7:42 0-0 0-0 0-0 -4 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0
N. Robinson 5:59 1-4 0-3 0-0 -7 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 2 2
Totals 19-44 3-11 8-12 6 19 15 4 3 3 3 7 49
Percentages: .432 .273 .667 Team Rebounds: 5

what the hell is up with lee??? 5-12???

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Good info. I'm not watching the game yet, so this helps. how are gallo and dudu doing?

Gallo was invisible in the first quarter, and a little more aggresive in the second quarter. He missed every three he took in the first half. duhorrible hasn't done anything to help us or hurt us, hes just there. Lee was raping assholes in the first minutes of the game, but he cooled down. i know you might not believe this but jared "giraffe" jeffries was the best offensive player in the first half all around lol. looks like miracles DO happen :p

Kiyaman

Legend
We are still playing a 6-man rotation, 1 minute left in the 3rd quarter and all our (5) starters is just 1 or 2 minutes shy of receiving 30 minutes of playingtime before the 4th quarter.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Not to worry Sly, D-lee comes through in the clutch again. great win by the knicks. yea id want them to beat the sixers by more, but hey a win is a win, and im not complaining.

Now for the Raptors and Italy night in the Garden. Last year the Knicks WRECKEDDD the Raptors in this game. Unfortunetely the Raps are a lot better now. Should be a good game

CoolClyde

phuck philly go knicks

thanks Art Carney, for missing that shot. i'll take a hard-fought win.
amazing how Knicks were outrebounded, probably due to tired legs syndrome from D'amntoni's short rotation.

looks like Iverson has taken the spotlight from Iggy-dollah, fine by me.
Iggy used to kill the Knicks.
we need a big man like Dalembert...

another Duhon do-nothing game, 32 min, 3 points.. i'll credit him the 7 assists, including excellent pick n roll for final DLEE miracle shot, but where was that rest of game? Duhon needs more bench time, he's not starting PG material, more like a turd floating at top of key, a waste of space. more N8.

DLEE, Chandler remain consistent, improving, and aggressive, they're the core of our wins this season.
Gallo had a couple blocks, and was impressively aggressive, with a +/- of +13, but Duhon still can't find him, what a joke.
Harrington pitched in, altho he goes thru brick periods before he remembers to drive... his +/- was -9...
Jefferies Giraffe was impressive in first half, but his giraffe legs got tired, like everyone else in 6-7 man rotation.
D'amntoni needs to open up and play the rooks! c'mon man!
even Jrue Holliday was getting some run and making noise!

Knicks needed this win.
right on Wilson!

Kiyaman

Legend
Not to worry Sly, D-lee comes through in the clutch again. great win by the knicks. yea id want them to beat the sixers by more, but hey a win is a win, and im not complaining.

Now for the Raptors and Italy night in the Garden. Last year the Knicks WRECKEDDD the Raptors in this game. Unfortunetely the Raps are a lot better now. Should be a good game

Playing the Raptors on Friday and then playing Detroit on Saturday.....with Dantoni's 6-7 man rotation do not look good at all.
This kind of coaching will not let David Lee get enough team-wins to be voted into the ALL-STAR game.
Plus if David Lee take off those two games to mourn his grandfathers death....will Dantoni let Curry, Darko, or Hill replace him????? or will we get murdered watching a 4 year layoff Bender vs Bosh and Ben Wallace?