Curry Comeback. What He Contributes.

DanL

Rookie
Hi everyone. The beat writers are reporting that Curry practiced today. Here is a list of things he can contribute from http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=178.

1. He can trail fast breaks and bull through the lane for easy baskets. This will require Curry to be in shape and, while he won?t need to be the first player up the court, he will need to get up the court and do it fast. Is he capable? I guess we?ll see.
  2. Take up space in the paint on D. As most any Knicks fan can tell you, opposing teams are able to just waltz their way into the paint. Even outside shooters like Wally Szczerbiak have torched the Knicks inside. It happens every game. Well, Curry doesn?t block shots, but he can take up space and interfere with drives. Often all it takes to turn a make into a miss is to get in someone?s way, even if the shot isn?t blocked. Curry is a big body that can get in a cutter?s or penetrator?s way and alter a shot without necessarily blocking it.
  3. He is a low post presence. The Knicks have been living and dying (mostly dying lately) on their jump shooting. When the shots don?t fall, the Knicks lose. Curry is a high percentage shot kind of player, with excellent shooting percentages over his career. Also, when the Knicks are forced into playing in the half-court set, they have no threat down low and nobody who commands a double team. Curry has the potential to represent both of those.
  4. Depth. Another competent body on the floor will be invaluable at this point to spell some players on this tired, injured squad.
  5. Balance. He is the Knicks one true Center (besides Jerome James).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I cant see him making any positive contributions. If anything hes more likely to set us back, with his non existent defense, his poor conditioning, and his turnovers.

JayJ44

Starter
I think Jeffries alters more shots than Curry ever could. Which is sad, considering how small he is compared to Curry. But he could help us with inside scoring, especially when our shots aren't falling. If he's dedicated, he could definitely help us. Plus, we're desperate for another body at this point. Our guys are exhausted, we need more than 7 players.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Look David Lee is averaging a career high in points this season being the only semi low post option, so I can see Curry doing well. Curry will be used like Amare, now will he produce like Amare....NO! just like Duhon doesnt produce like Nash, but is still affective.

Curry's numbers

14-16pts 5 rebs 50%+ from the feild

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Eddy Curry is done. I do not see him doing anything positive on the Knicks. If Donnie Walsh is smart, he would trade Eddy Curry right now. Eddy Curry sucks, but he can be moved. He did average 19 points per game 2 seasons ago. All Walsh has to say is that there isn't enough space for Curry on the Knicks, with Harrington, Thomas, Jeffries, and Lee, but that Curry's a gifted player who is capable of averaging 19 points and 7 rebounds, provided the right playing time. He could bring up the fact that Curry's minutes dropped from 35 to 25 and that that has a lot to do with his drop in production. I'm sure at least a couple of teams would buy it and trade for him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Our Fat lazy and out of shape $10M Eddy Curry can be traded for a decent player 10 times faster than any of our bum players Q.Rich, Jefferies, James, Timmy Thomas, and Walsh Pet Player Harrington.

I wonder why that is???

metrocard

Legend
Potential Kiyaman, Potential.

Honestly.

Offensive fouls
The worst post defense in the NBA
0 shot blocking
Giving away rebounds
No passing

A lot of predictability on offense.

Nothing new.
Curry hates playing basketball.

Paul1355

All Star
Look David Lee is averaging a career high in points this season being the only semi low post option, so I can see Curry doing well. Curry will be used like Amare, now will he produce like Amare....NO! just like Duhon doesnt produce like Nash, but is still affective.

Curry's numbers

14-16pts 5 rebs 50%+ from the feild

interesting because at first most people would put a big fat F on Curry's forehead. He hasn't done anything since 06' or whenever he averaged 19 ppg.

People do forget that Curry has potential to be the best low pot center in the NBA just because of his size and power. Like Shaq in a way when talking about the low post offense. Just that CUrry has problems with work ethic which Mike D should improve which can improve Curry as an overall player. His stamina, offensive and defensive post ability should go up with Mike D teaching him what to do.

I can see him averaging those numbers new york new york...he has to also learn how to use his post presence to feed open men on the outisde now that the Knicks are a big three point shooting team. That would be Curry's biggest offensive asset. The ability to make defenders clog the post to make the outside shots open.