STARMELO has completely ****ed the rep system!!!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I don't think there's a reason to play God with Rep Points, because they just come out of the flow of the forum.

This thread comes out to nothing more than player hating because one person could not handle the Rep Game. So now he is tattling.

picresized_1308938278_FreddieGibbsHorizontal-594x396.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
One example comes to mind of a popular forum where members have rep points in the thousands.

There is nothing wrong with the system, it is doing exactly what it was made to do.

Really it only matters if you're in the Rep Game or not, if you're not in the Rep game, you don't really care.

Example is HeatFan, who has a negative rep, but he's still taken seriously because he brings the good things when he posts.

Reactions: CA7

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
OH SHI...........

I'm actually not sure how to feel.

On one hand it's ****in hilarious/sad that these guys have gamed the system to get better rep (I too had noticed CA7's rep going up faster then other posters of equal posting quality. No offense bro just noticed that you were getting high on the green scale too quickly).

On the other hand it's also hilarious/sad how much you gave a **** about the rep.

Someone make some sense of this insanely stupid conspiracy for me?

If this is directed at me, you're wrong.

I care about the forum and how this f-ing of the rep system is affecting it.

I just talked to rady and he said he's well aware of what the STARMELO group has been doing. He also said he's going to clean up all the mess they've left. Good job bro!

This is good news.

I don't think there's a reason to play God with Rep Points, because they just come out of the flow of the forum.

This thread comes out to nothing more than player hating because one person could not handle the Rep Game. So now he is tattling.

picresized_1308938278_FreddieGibbsHorizontal-594x396.jpg

Really??

So certain posters from STARMELO targeting and neg repping you because you have an opinion is cool? Or did you miss that??

I can't I just can't.

And I agree w Crazy, there's no way you should have that much rep either. You don't even have 1000 posts yet.

One example comes to mind of a popular forum where members have rep points in the thousands.

There is nothing wrong with the system, it is doing exactly what it was made to do.

Really it only matters if you're in the Rep Game or not, if you're not in the Rep game, you don't really care.

Example is HeatFan, who has a negative rep, but he's still taken seriously because he brings the good things when he posts.

The rep game??

It's ridiculous how much you and other posters care about getting green.

I want to make it v clear that the only thing I'm concerned with is that the system be fair, that is people should get rep within the flow as you say, based on how good a poster they are etc.

You sir clearly have not gained it within the flow.

This IMO hurts the rep system and ultimately the forum. You obviosuly don't get it. :cool:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I haven't been on in awhile, my laptop is getting fixed but i had to borrow my friends laptop to comment on this thread lmao

Quick Question... What do you care about more some Green rep bars or THE KNICKS

who cares if ca7 or Crazy or Kingstarbury or whoever has a crap load of rep points??? i could care less if they were pushing a rep power of 40 at the end of the day (hopefully) everyone here is a knicks fan and thats all thats important. Why would anyone feel threatened by some green bars?

I have no problem being reduced to 0 rep power, a change in the rep system or whatever... KNICKS>>>>REP POWERS

Im not trying to Bash here but, if ANYONE takes being neg repped to the heart or feels emotional about some green bars then you seriously need.

drphil.jpg

I Myself rep starmelo members all the time... their big fans of melo im a big fan of melo and anybody that can support the leader of this knicks team can receive rep points from me anytime...

I ALSO REP.. the new comers, posters with little rep power who actually make good comments, funny gifs, mods, and simply any comment that i feel is a good one... i actually try to send out reps to everyone.

The only people who ever received a neg rep from me are the obvious Melo haters who tend to drop a negative melo comment for no apparent reason... just because he's melo.. which is plain retarded and deserved a neg rep in my opinion.

But anyway nice to see crazy making strives to bring in new members to site, and the Mods doing great jobs keeping threads under control

I'll probably be back before the season starts.. btw im really liking that Pablo guy. He surprised me on how well he can run the offense woody is going to have to find some way to get him some playing time & felton looks great... cant wait to see STAT in action.

:gony: peace

Last edited:

rady

Administrator
Staff member
This is good news.

This IMO hurts the rep system and ultimately the forum.

Yeah i figured out a way to clean this up and the first thing for me to do is go through the reps given in the past 3 months by the members of the group and delete them. Some of them are very easy to spot others might take a while but from what i saw there are just a few posters from that group that abused it.

As for the ones that were seriously involved in this i figured that temporary unable them the possibility of leaving negative reputation is a fair way to go.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I haven't been on in awhile, my laptop is getting fixed but i had to borrow my friends laptop to comment on this thread lmao

Quick Question... What do you care about more some Green rep bars or THE KNICKS

who cares if ca7 or Crazy or Kingstarbury or whoever has a crap load of rep points??? i could care less if they were pushing a rep power of 40 at the end of the day (hopefully) everyone here is a knicks fan and thats all thats important. Why would anyone feel threatened by some green bars?

I should ask the same question of you based on your comments quoted in the OP.

I don't care how much green you have dude. You're missing the point. And to be be honest based on your behavior why would you get it?

Let me see if I can facilitate some understanding on your part..

Again, I care about how is rep gained and how that affects the forum, ie circumventing the system. I also care about negatively targeting other posters.

Both of these things have been exposed.

I think it's cool you actually made a somewhat substantive comment in here, but you're trying to minimize nonsense from your group that simply should not have occured.

That's as polite as I can say it lol.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I should ask the same question of you based on your comments quoted in the OP.

I don't care how much green you have dude. You're missing the point. And to be be honest based on your behavior why would you get it?

Let me see if I can facilitate some understanding on your part..

Again, I care about how is rep gained and how that affects the forum, ie circumventing the system. I also care about negatively targeting other posters.

Both of these things have been exposed.

I think it's cool you actually made a somewhat substantive comment in here, but you're trying to minimize nonsense from your group that simply should not have occured.

That's as polite as I can say it lol.
I obviously could care less about the rep power if i just said reduce me to 0 rep power in my previous post.

Iv'e posted on this forum EVERYDAY since January 2012 making legit comments and posting new Knicks news supporting the site.. i have a legit rep power of about 7 or 8 and not once have you seen me pleading and begging for some rep points.

You care about how rep is gained??? why? this is a knicks site to talk about the Knicks... were not here to stalk peoples rep powers. If theirs anybody who cares about rep powers out of anybody its you seeing how you actually made a thread about it....this thread just leaves me curious do you log on here and automatically look at people rep powers? if so thats really not healthy and plain disturbing

I'll be looking forward to your next Rep system thread complaints with the new System rady makes... but wait.. what does any of this have to do with the kNicks.

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Rady you should just remove the Rep system Completely and replace it with a LIKE and DISLIKE button, i remember i made a thread in the feedback section asking for the addition of a LIKE button are we still getting that in the site upgrade?

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I obviously could care less about the rep power if i just said reduce me to 0 rep power in my previous post.

Iv'e posted on this forum EVERYDAY since January 2012 making legit comments and posting new Knicks news supporting the site.. i have a legit rep power of about 7 or 8 and not once have you seen me pleading and begging for some rep points.

A legit rep of 7 huh.. And the rest??

Did you read you quotes from the group discussion page?? Seems you were very concerned re getting rep.

I don't make comments like that and I've never joined a group then traded and received rep like a gitty school girl.

Yours is a defensive response and it is expected.

You care about how rep is gained??? why? this is a knicks site to talk about the Knicks... were not here to stalk peoples rep powers. If theirs anybody who cares about rep powers out of anybody its you seeing how you actually made a thread about it....this thread just leaves me curious do you log on here and automatically look at people rep powers? if so thats really not healthy and plain disturbing

No. I've never been overly concerned about rep itself.. But I've earned all of mine. I think you and Certain members of STARMELO have basically screwed the forum over and circumvented the rep system. I've made my concerns clear. It impacts the forum negatively when long time posters like myself, Smokes, Dswonson and others wonder how people are getting so much rep so quickly.

I'll be looking forward to your next Rep system thread complaints with the new System rady makes... but wait.. what does any of this have to do with the kNicks.

I look forward to you adhering to the next system.

Rady you should just remove the Rep system Completely and replace it with a LIKE and DISLIKE button, i remember i made a thread in the feedback section asking for the addition of a LIKE button are we still getting that in the site upgrade?

You're a funny dude Nykreloaded718

CA7

Scoring Champ
Wow the great rep debate as if it was meant to destroy KO

I got 3000+ posts in 17 months, I've earned most of my rep and have actually be negged repped a ton during Melo's ****ty ass year

No big deal though I know the quality of my work

KingCharles34

All Star
Wow I dont even know what to say about this.

Ron has to be the funniest dude right now, if u only saw the irony. Hes crying about the rep system being f*cked up or whatever, but if you a grown man why do u care so much? I cant believe how much u actually wrote to try to prove your point.

Its whatever, I dont really care. Rep Wars are very common on other sites. I had a feeling the Melo Mafia could get shut down or lead to some problems, i was willing to take that risk. Its not really a big deal, whatever Rady wants to do is cool with me.

As for OrangeBlob, yea i have repped him. Hes made some great posts since changing his stance on Carmelo. And I have repped him for posts that have nothing to do with Melo.

I was just trying to have some fun but if u guys are gonna whine and cry about it, its all good. I can stop, i just wish someone came to me instead of making a huge thread about it. Even Ponder knows the deal, i dont see how in any way the rep has effected the quality of the forum. Rep points are rarely taken that seriously, each one of us individually has our own opinions of who are and who aren't good posters.

Crazy8's knows that I wasnt even sure what to do with "Starmelo" at this point. Since Ron reads so well im surprised he doesnt know. I said recently that I dont think Carmelo haters would be that much of a problem. And at some point I differentiated what neg targets were. Posters like Ron, he brings his facts and has rescpectable opinions. But Orangeblob used to go around in every thread spreading Melo hate.

I was maybe looking to go in a direction where we just go after trolls...Nets fans or Heat fans that sign up here lookin to start problems.

I think theres an incredible amount of overreacting here. Some of you guys need to stay away from that soy milk or something. Im not sure, im just still in shock that someone would actually get this offended. Its just wow, i dont even know what to say. WOW

One last thing, Don't bring up TeamStarbury here. Metro, ABCD, and whoever else had nothing to do with this. I started it and Ill take the blame. I apologize to Rady and anyone that was offended except for Ron Ron, neg rep to you.

*SPREADS REP TO THE WHOLE MELOMAFIA*

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Wow I dont even know what to say about this.

Ron has to be the funniest dude right now, if u only saw the irony. Hes crying about the rep system being f*cked up or whatever, but if you a grown man why do u care so much? I cant believe how much u actually wrote to try to prove your point.

Its whatever, I dont really care. Rep Wars are very common on other sites. I had a feeling the Melo Mafia could get shut down or lead to some problems, i was willing to take that risk. Its not really a big deal, whatever Rady wants to do is cool with me.

As for OrangeBlob, yea i have repped him. Hes made some great posts since changing his stance on Carmelo. And I have repped him for posts that have nothing to do with Melo.

I was just trying to have some fun but if u guys are gonna whine and cry about it, its all good. I can stop, i just wish someone came to me instead of making a huge thread about it. Even Ponder knows the deal, i dont see how in any way the rep has effected the quality of the forum. Rep points are rarely taken that seriously, each one of us individually has our own opinions of who are and who aren't good posters.

Crazy8's knows that I wasnt even sure what to do with "Starmelo" at this point. Since Ron reads so well im surprised he doesnt know. I said recently that I dont think Carmelo haters would be that much of a problem. And at some point I differentiated what neg targets were. Posters like Ron, he brings his facts and has rescpectable opinions. But Orangeblob used to go around in every thread spreading Melo hate.

I was maybe looking to go in a direction where we just go after trolls...Nets fans or Heat fans that sign up here lookin to start problems.

I think theres an incredible amount of overreacting here. Some of you guys need to stay away from that soy milk or something. Im not sure, im just still in shock that someone would actually get this offended. Its just wow, i dont even know what to say. WOW

One last thing, Don't bring up TeamStarbury here. Metro, ABCD, and whoever else had nothing to do with this. I started it and Ill take the blame. I apologize to Rady and anyone that was offended except for Ron Ron, neg rep to you.

*SPREADS REP TO THE WHOLE MELOMAFIA*

Lol I think you understand what is happening kingstarbury3.I think you get the impact.

I'm not the one that made a big deal here. You and your childish need to start rep wars and cheat the system is the big deal.

Most of the words in my OP are yours.

FWIW I enjoy your posts and have supported them acccordingly but this STARMELO bull**** needed be dealt with.

You graduated highschool already (hopefully). Learn from this.

KingCharles34

All Star
Lol I think you understand what is happening kingstarbury3.I think you get the impact.

I'm not the one that made a big deal here. You and your childish need to start rep wars and cheat the system is the big deal.

Most of the words in my OP are yours.

FWIW I enjoy your posts and have supported them acccordingly but this STARMELO bull**** needed be dealt with.

You graduated highschool already (hopefully). Learn from this.

Look at you swearing like crazy

"This Starmelo bullsh*t"

"Starmelo has f*cked the rep system"

Throwing around insults left and right, calling this movement "childish" and questioning the authenticity of my high school diploma.

Whats more childish, someone just trying to have fun on an internet forum?

Or someone who is clearly agitated by posters cheating some rep system on an internet forum?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Look at you swearing like crazy

"This Starmelo bullsh*t"

"Starmelo has f*cked the rep system"

Throwing around insults left and right, calling this movement "childish" and questioning the authenticity of my high school diploma.

Whats more childish, someone just trying to have fun on an internet forum?

Or someone who is clearly agitated by posters cheating some rep system on an internet forum?

Defensive much?

I'm as cool as the other side of the pillow my dude.

Relax, you've been exposed already. The worst is over.:smokin:

KingCharles34

All Star
In defense of myself and the Melo Mafia, I dont think we have done anything wrong here. On behalf of the MeloMafia, we'd like a fair trial before being persecuted.

Theres no rules for repping other posters. 90% of the posts that I repped were good posts. With some posters like Crazy8's, i can honestly say everytime i repped was because he had something good to say. CA7 is a great poster, Stephon Marbury is a great poster. NYK Reloaded, NY17Knicks...I don't see what the big deal is here.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
A legit rep of 7 huh.. And the rest??

Did you read you quotes from the group discussion page?? Seems you were very concerned re getting rep.

I don't make comments like that and I've never joined a group then traded and received rep like a gitty school girl.

Yours is a defensive response and it is expected.

No. I've never been overly concerned about rep itself.. But I've earned all of mine. I think you and Certain members of STARMELO have basically screwed the forum over and circumvented the rep system. I've made my concerns clear. It impacts the forum negatively when long time posters like myself, Smokes, Dswonson and others wonder how people are getting so much rep so quickly.

I look forward to you adhering to the next system.

You're a funny dude Nykreloaded718

NYk_Reloaded718

All that reppin i be giving and its only 6 points? im fairly new, but im at 396 points right now one more rep and i should have a rep power of 7, so im guessing the amount of rep points i give out will increase.

me trying to figure out how the repping system works means im concerned with reps? i guess you missed the part that says "IM GUESSING THE AMOUNT OF REP POINTS ( I GIVE OUT) will increase", you see nothing about me beggin for rep points, if my group decides to give me some because of something i posted or wateva it may be then ok whatever once again what does that have to do with THE KNICKS... your still not clearing this up for me.

the rep system is messed up for the whole site because we rep each other?????????? the posts we do rep each other from are very legit posts. ive received reps from those same posts from others (not in starmelo).

I guarantee you if you made a voting thread "do you care about your rep points yes or no" 90% of this forum checks off no.. you wanna know why? because nobody cares who has the most rep points or who gets neg repped your sole purpose for signing up for KO wasn't to receive rep points, it was to discuss the knicks.

Smokes receives reps from me, Dzwon receives reps from me YOU receive reps from me. Are you seriously crying about rep powers?? I probably give out more rep through out the forum than anybody :lol: posters check your user cp i guarantee you my name is there.

Why no comment for removal of the Rep system??? would that ache your mind to much to find out theres no rep system anymore? i have no problem with it how do you feel about it rono? "im a funny dude" speak for yourself. Im done with this debate lol not arguing over something so pitty

Call 911 Starmelo repped each others posts, the sites gonna fall apart and die now smh yeah rono the sites completely f*cked because Dzwonson and smokes reps aren't going up quick enough :boohoo:...

in other news STAT IS BACK DOING SCRIMAGES AND BREWER IS CLOSE TO HEALING :peace:

GREENBURGH, N.Y. -- Amar'e Stoudemire returned to 5-on-5 contact drills on Monday, after missing action since Wednesday when he banged with Chris Copeland during practice and suffered a bruised left knee.

In addition, J.R. Smith returned after resting a sore left ankle for a couple of days.

"I thought they looked okay," Mike Woodson said after practice, which was televised live on NBA TV. "A little rusty in terms of their wind, running up and down, but that'll come. The way we practice every day, we get a lot of running at the top, so that would definitely zap you before you get to the scrimmage part."

Stoudemire said he was excited to scrimmage again to further develop chemistry with his teammates, especially Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni. "It's going to be a phenomenal year," Stoudemire said. "I mean, those guys are very, very great at creating offense. Having those floor generals out there, with the lineup that we have and the guys we have coming off the bench, we've got a pretty solid team."

The power forward showed off a few "jewels," as he calls his new post-up moves, but Woodson will incorporate more of that in the next few days when the Knicks intensify their scrimmaging with referees on-hand. STAT said a down-low presence will further balance out the offense.

"It's going to be very important," he said. "I think we've got an opportunity where we can take advantage of our post play. We have such great perimeter players, great shooters on the wing, so if we can establish a back-to-the-basket game to get some easy baskets in the paint, that's another element to our offense."

THE SCOOP ON SHEED: Rasheed Wallace increased his conditioning on Monday, doing more running baseline to baseline. There's still no timetable on his return, and Woodson wasn't definite about him being ready by Nov. 1.

"Rasheed's doing fine," Woody said. "He's starting to pick it up a little bit more in terms of getting up and down the floor with his conditioning work. It's just a matter of time before we get him back."

SIDELINE NOTES: Steve Novak missed his first day of practice, but not because of injury. Woodson simply gave him the day off to rest, after the sharpshooter played additional minutes against the Wizards (32) and Celtics (38).

In addition, Marcus Camby (left calf strain) and Ronnie Brewer (left medial meniscus recovery) remained inactive. Woodson said he would consult with the Knicks' training staff after practice to find out where they both stood, but he did offer a good prognosis with Brewer, who's penciled in as the starting shooting guard for opening night.

"Ronnie's getting close, that's all I can tell you," the coach said.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/kn...toudemire-back-scrimmaging-novak-sits-to-rest