Your 2011-2012 Knicks Lineup?

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
So I know we still got 24 games and the playoffs, but lets take a little gander into next season.

Our Free Agents:

Ronnie Turiaf - Player Option
Shawne Williams
Jared Jeffries
Shelden Williams
Anthony Carter
Derrick Brown
Roger Mason

Who Do I See Returning?

Shawne Williams
Derrick Brown
Jeffries

Free Agents We Pick Up:
Deandre Jordan

Trades
Turiaf gone
Balkman and Cash for 2nd Rounder

2011-2012 ROSTER

C- Deandre Jordan
PF-STAT
SF- Melo
SG- Fields
PG- Billups

Bench:
Williams (PF)
Douglas (Combo Guard PG/SG)
Walker (SF)
Jerome Jordan (C)
Brown (PF)
Rautins (SG-PG)
2011 1st Rounder (Jimmer please! Kemba Walker would be nice!)

Inactives:
Pat Ewing Jr.
Jeffries
2nd Round Pick

Last edited:
I would love Jordan @ Center. The Knicks would then have a front line in Jordan & Amare who could compete with the Lakers font line of Bynum & Gasol.

I'd also love to have Marc Gasol who's a restricted free agent so it's just a pipe dream.

StarksOverJordan

Benchwarmer
I would love Jordan @ Center. The Knicks would then have a front line in Jordan & Amare who could compete with the Lakers font line of Bynum & Gasol.

I'd also love to have Marc Gasol who's a restricted free agent so it's just a pipe dream.

Id love Gasol too but I think we can get Deandre for cheap. If not him then Sammy Dalembert on the cheap for a year and hope Jerome Jordan develops into something

The cap is currently set at 58 million. If the cap drops down to 42, as expected, I'm sorry but it doesn't matter what Walsh wants to do because it'll become impossible to sign either Paul, Williams or Howard. It sucks, but thats the sad reality.

STAT1

Starter
I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat, but I'm not sure if we'll be able to trade Turiaf so easily he's got a player option that you gotta figure he's likely to exercise. It's a reasonable contract but expirings are only usually valuable to teams looking to dump longterm salary, & everyone knows DW is going to do whatever he can to preserve his cap flexibility for the summer of 2012.

STAT1

Starter
Id love Gasol too but I think we can get Deandre for cheap. If not him then Sammy Dalembert on the cheap for a year and hope Jerome Jordan develops into something

I don't view Marc Gasol as the type of mobile, defensive, rebounding & shotblocking big man in the paint that this team needs. Jordan is a much better fit for our needs, but not sure DW is gonna commit longterm salary this summer to any FA's. I think he'll be looking at more short term solutions like Jeff Foster.

jpz17

Starter
The cap is currently set at 58 million. If the cap drops down to 42, as expected, I'm sorry but it doesn't matter what Walsh wants to do because it'll become impossible to sign either Paul, Williams or Howard. It sucks, but thats the sad reality.

you've gotta realize they will take less money... maybe 12 million or less.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

Since when is the cap going to drop to 42 million?

Unless salaries are scaled down, a 42 million dollar salary cap is going to destroy the NBA.

Bring back- Shawne Williams, Jeffries & Brown.

Inactives- Ewing Jr & Jerome Jordan (I like Jeffries defensive intensity).

My dream offseaon would be Shane Battier & two of these three big men out of Marc Gasol, DeAndre Jordan & Samuel Dalembert.

Battier is still one of the better perimeter defenders around, a lock down defender than can stick with most teams #1 offensive threat.

Marc Gasol is a restricted free agent, so he's nothing more than a pipe dream.

So I'll go with Jordan & Dalembert as our two C's. The Knicks would then become a dangerious team out of the East.

C- Jordan / Dalembert / Jeffries
PF- Stoudemire / Dalembert / Brown
SF- Carmelo / Battier / Shawne Williams
SG- Fields / Bill Walker / Shawne Williams
PG- Billups / Douglas / Rautins

Billups, Fields, Melo, Amare, Jordan / Dalembert, Battier, Douglas, Williams & Walker would make for a sick 10 man rotation.

Those 3 combined wouldn't come close to the max contract that CP3 or Howard would demand during 2012's FA.

Thoughts?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
2012 will be the surprise year where Rautins starts to make an impact off the bench. You heard it here first. The guy has all the heart in the world, he listens, he'll learn the system and he'll become an important part of it.

DeAndre
Stat
Melo
Fields
Ricky

Say what you want but I say that Ricky is the man we've coverted most (more so even than LeBron, and we find a way to get this deal done. Picks, players, considerations, whatever it takes for us to get our man.

That starting 5 is the best in the league, now let's just see if we can get it!

I'd love to see Jordan & Rubio as Knicks next season. Oh my god would that become a dream come true offseason.

I'd call of the whole Battier, Jordan & Dalembert mock offseason for both Rubio & Jordan is a split second!

I know Rubio has greatness, he'd be one hell of a PG under Antoni's system, but there will be a learning curve for Ricky against NBA talent/stars. I'd love to see Rubio as our backup to Billups for about 40 games, getting 17-20 minutes per. Allow the kid a chance to learn behind a veteran leader, learn the offense & get ready to lead the Knicks offensive attack during the last 40+ games heading into the playoffs.

But yes... Rubio, Fields, Carmelo, Amare & Jordan would make for a deadly starting 5 & Billups would also make for a killer backup PG come playoff time.

Howcome we don't hear more reports/stories/rumors & talk about Ricky Rubio coming to the NBA next year?!? Also, whats the chances of the Knicks landing him as a FA this offseason? Give me a scale of 1-30, 30 being the highest....

Forget about 2012 and CP3 or maybe D-Will... Give me Rubio all day. Even if Ricky becomes our only major addition this offseason, I'd be on cloud 9.

Two more questions. How has this kid been playing over seas? My guess would be 20 & 12? Also, what type of contract would he demand as a FA on the open market? Would it be a Max or no? I cant imagine it would, not for a player who's yet to make an NBA impact. I could be wrong though. I seriously hope it's nothing close to a max...

Two more questions. How has this kid been playing over seas? My guess would be 20 & 12? Also, what type of contract would he demand as a FA on the open market? Would it be a Max or no? I cant imagine it would, not for a player who's yet to make an NBA impact. I could be wrong though. I seriously hope it's nothing close to a max...

20-12 is a cute guess, but he's actually averaging 5 and 5.

It's obviously due to the inferior talent around Ricky "Magic" Rubio though, I can't see him demanding anything less than a max contract.