What to do with Lin?

• Let him walk

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters
^ Lol last night they did a segment of where players who are currently overseas should go when they return to the NBA. When they got to Aaron Brooks he said "I thought NY was a good place for him until that Lin kid came in" looks like even the chuckster is buying in..

metrocard

Legend

Wow, the evolution of Linbury!

28jjkm0.gif

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
WOW!!!!!!!

Mark Stein reports

that I'm told Knicks had begun lining up potential replacements for Lin, chief among them vet Mike James from their D-League affiliate in Erie

Sources with knowledge of the Knicks' thinking told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that the Knicks had been giving strong consideration to waiving Lin before his breakout game last Saturday against New Jersey.

Sources told Stein that the Knicks, given Lin's unguaranteed contract, were leaning toward releasing him before Tuesday's 6 p.m. deadline and had begun targeting replacement point guards to take Lin's roster spot, with veteran guard Mike James from their affiliate in the D-League (Erie BayHawks) chief among them.

But after Lin's 53 points combined against New Jersey on Saturday and Monday, New York scrapped its plans, with Lin's contract becoming guaranteed for the rest of the season when Tuesday night's deadline passed.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Perfect

Lin sure did put all his doubters in place tonight.

Sometimes basketball isnt about who's stronger, faster or more athletic, but, about who's smarter and can process what they see quickly...
:agreed:

He has Cousy's peripheral vision and brain...he's sees the complete floor and his brain computes rapidly to make the right decisions.....he PROCESSES well.

JoHnNyBoXeR

Benchwarmer
No they are very different... Lin is a Harvard grad ... Marbury probably isn't smart enough to graduate high school if it wasn't for basketball...

Lin is a smart player... Steph not much...

Steph was much more atheltic but couldn't make his teammates beyyer even when he had KG in his prime...

Lin just beat the Lakers with the best player on his team being Tyson Chandler that Oman Landry fields...

metrocard

Legend
No they are very different... Lin is a Harvard grad ... Marbury probably isn't smart enough to graduate high school if it wasn't for basketball...

Lin is a smart player... Steph not much...

Steph was much more atheltic but couldn't make his teammates beyyer even when he had KG in his prime...

Lin just beat the Lakers with the best player on his team being Tyson Chandler that Oman Landry fields...

Man get the f*ck out of here you fake ass boxer, with your female style wide ass hook. Come to my gym with that weak shit you'll get floored.

205th Street and Jerome Avenue.

BTW...Marbury has made a lot of guys better in his career...he took this roster to the playoffs

Shandon Anderson
Tim Thomas
Vin Baker
Howard Eisley
DerMarr Johnson
Moochie Norris
Bruno Sundov
Kurt Thomas
Clarence Weatherspoon
Frank Williams
Keith Van Horn
Cezary Trybanski
Mutombo
Michael Doleac
Allan Houston.

Most of those guys were injured and at the end of their careers.

Marbury did what he could, but a bum ass fool would hate so its really on you.

aces

Rookie
Whats up! My first post and I think I caught Lin fever. I've been a faithful since the Bernard King days, rode all the highs and lows of every year. But this kid takes me back of the days of Starks and Mace. Exciting players nobody knew about, that energized their team.

iSaYughh

Starter
LIN " Coach Dantoni is an absolute offensive genious "

Lol, saw that.

He also specifically attributed his rapid ascent and quality of play to:

*the system

*the way he was handled since he got to the Knicks (i.e. his confidence and getting built up/prepared)

iSaYughh

Starter

Man get the f*ck out of here you fake ass boxer, with your female style wide ass hook. Come to my gym with that weak shit you'll get floored.

205th Street and Jerome Avenue.

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

I read this post. And couldn't stop laughing.

But Marbury was an elite point guard, and young, by the time he got his career manhandled by Isiah and Larry Brown.

Brown did his best to destroy David Lee's career, too, let's not forget.

Steph is a wild man no doubt, but how many NBA players are these perfect players until they get into the perfect situation. How many mature in the public's eye into those "team players" everyone always talks about, when they finally get under a legit franchise and coach and team that works to their strengths and builds up their flaws.

I have no doubt that if Kevin Garnett came to NY during the age Marbury did, Garnett would be labeled with the "cancer", "basket case", "loser" tag lines by the time he left.

I see Lin as having superior pure PG mentality and mind, to what he lacks in Marbury's sheer athleticism. But it's not a bad comparison; better than Westbrook, imo, which ppl are starting to compare his game, too.

skisloper

Starter
Lol, saw that.

He also specifically attributed his rapid ascent and quality of play to:

*the system

*the way he was handled since he got to the Knicks (i.e. his confidence and getting built up/prepared)

You know this kids is not full of BS..........Also praised Jeffries....
I think all the stars were aligned for this to happen...

Dantonio quoted " this is once in a lifetime "
Dantonio looks like we feel....its almost like you cannot contain the excitement...its that wirey feeling like the old days :smokin:

metrocard

Legend
Lin's agility is insane tho...he has great control of changing speeds...excellent timing...tends to out smart his guy with his body movement.

iSay, you know how Wade penetrates to the basket? But you can't stop it? Thats how it reminds of Lin.

I see Lin having a Kevin Johnson type career.

Btw, am I wrong for boosting Lin's rating up to 79 on 2k12?

iSaYughh

Starter
You know this kids is not full of BS..........Also praised Jeffries....
I think all the stars were aligned for this to happen...

Dantonio quoted " this is once in a lifetime "
Dantonio looks like we feel....its almost like you cannot contain the excitement...its that wirey feeling like the old days :smokin:

Word. :smoking:

Type of player NYK fans can feel truly proud of.

His grassroots story and style of play -- especially coming from the PG role -- will help balance the pressure and lack of fun the team seemed to be mired in prior, as a whole. Takes so much pressure off Melo/Amare, on and off the court I bet.

I might have to buy league pass for truncated season if it does't look like Dolan is going to do right by NY Knick fans.