Aaaaaaaaaaaaand he's started.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Quote:
@TheRealJRSmith: Damn didn't know this man people didn't want me in #NY might just get what you asking for! #sorrykidz
?

Looks like JR's kicked off early.

Sage

Rotation player
Eh, I was happy enough when he came to NY, would be happy enough if he stayed, wouldn't be upset in the slightest if he left.

I don't think we need him though tbh.

-EDIT-

My favourite reply so far:

@azzaretto
@TheRealJRSmith good thing u passed the ball then instead of taking and missing a ****ton of shots...oh, wait

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
lol they going in on him on twitter :teeth:

i personally dont want him back anymore either though, not after this playoff performance. I thought he would step up big for us..he did hit some key shots but his shooting was just awful. Let him take the hike

I rather go after Lamar Odom, he's from New york maybe he can get his act together and be influenced to be back in the city he is from. Id roll the dice with him..

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
lol they going in on him on twitter :teeth:

i personally dont want him back anymore either though, not after this playoff performance. I thought he would step up big for us..he did hit some key shots but his shooting was just awful. Let him take the hike

I rather go after Lamar Odom, he's from New york maybe he can get his act together and be influenced to be back in the city he is from. Id roll the dice with him..
We don't need Khloe and whatever else is going on with him on the Knicks just because he's from New York.

We should maybe try to sign VC.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
We don't need Khloe and whatever else is going on with him on the Knicks just because he's from New York.

We should maybe try to sign VC.
lol true @ the khloe thing, i just feel he needs a second chance. Im pretty sure he will be fine by next season.

VC is alright, We are going to need more guard depth if Smith is gone + shumps injury puts us back even further.

We actually need alot man, Alot we simply cant afford

Issues going forward
-Backup PG
-Starting SG and backup SG (especially if JR is on his way out)
-Backup SF (especially if Novak is gone)
-Backup PF/C

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
lol true @ the khloe thing, i just feel he needs a second chance. Im pretty sure he will be fine by next season.

VC is alright, We are going to need more guard depth if Smith is gone + shumps injury puts us back even further.

Issues going forward
-Backup PG
-Backup PF/C
Yeah we got some work to do. It would be a dream if we could get Camby as our back-up.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer

Issues going forward
-Backup PG
-Backup PF/C

Backup PG: Patty Mills could be had on the cheap if he doesn't re-sign with SAS. Best bang for your buck.
Starting SG and backup SG: Shumpert, Fields
Backup SF: If Novak doesn't come back then lets use our bi-annual exception on Grant Hill. We were ridiculously close to signing him for our 2.5mill exception last offseason. Only reason he went back to Phoenix was because Nash convinced him to stay for another year.
Backup C: I legitmately think Jerome Jordan is the answer to our backup C problem. Let's give him a whole offseason with Chandler and more minutes to prove his worth, Camby is a pipe dream.

Odom is a LA guy now. I can't see him being happy anywhere other than in LA.. with either the Clippers or his preferred destination the Lakers

tiger0330

Legend
Why is JR surprised, the whole season other than a few games he's been a non-factor.

We need help for sure but I don't expect guys like Nash or Camby to sign for the min because this is their best chance to win a ring, not after the season we had.

And while it's talked about here a lot, the Knicks are not trading Melo or Stat. It's just going to be what Reggie Miller said tonight, "they're just going to have to learn to play together". The short season w/o a training camp, an under achieving coach, the lack of a legit PG won't be reasons next year for us not to put together a run.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Allow me to laugh again at those who thought Steve Novak should get 5-6 million. He'll get at most the 2.5 exception. JR I won't worry about if he leaves. He impressed me on D a lot this year but his basketball IQ along with his desire to shoot the lights out should not warrant him on this team.

The last two play off games 6-30

KingCharles34

All Star
This is why Twitter is dumb, and the athletes who get upset with peoples comments are even dumber. That should be expected, what does JR think...that every Knicks fan loves him?

I was already a big JR Smith fan before he came to the Knicks just because I used to watch him in high school way back when, so I was really happy we got him. He's one of my favorite players in the league.

I will say though, his time here so far has been very up and down. I think we all know he was a hot and cold shooter but this year was a lot colder than anyone could have expected at times.

Still, what a stupid ass thing to tweet. Even if he fully intends on opting out, give me a break, you have to have a thicker skin than that.

LV&C

Benchwarmer
Smith is known for being vocal about his feelings. Him and Amare should get together. :teeth:

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
the only reason why im leaning towards being against HIM leaving is because i feel fields is much more useless to us than JR is.. if he leaves though we need another SG.. a REAL SG, that is. and fields better not be promoted to second string. if JR goes, with or without fields, we need a backup SG, a backup PG, and a defensie F, one with more aggressiveness than jeffries..i dont even dislike jeffries.

i can see nash signing with miami unfortunately

i want this even more than P.E. JR joining the knicks; if we can get camby back thatd be awesome

:2cents:

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
JR is an idiot if he thinks that player criticism is exclusive only to NY. Imagine how much hate Lebron got last year when he couldn't get a ring or even worse, hate from Lakers fans at Kobe and Co. when they got swept by Dallas.

skisloper

Starter
JR'S TWEET SHOULD HAVE READ......"sorry NY for not hustling for a rebound, steal, block or assist in my 36 minutes last night " .......I hope Jorts kicked his ass

oshi

Benchwarmer
True it's a stupid thing to tweet. It's funny at different points of the year a lot of Knicks have got hate on twitter. For instance Melo uploads a pic and tons of people say ballhog under comments. Same with Amare for his lack of hustle this year. They were especially brutal after the fire hydrant thing. Anyway when you're shooting so many iso deep 2s off dribble and missing what do you expect people to say? The Nuggets are kind of my west coast team, during the Isiah years where New York basketball was hard to watch I adapted them as my playoff team. I've always liked JR but he needs to cool it with the shooting sometimes. He has been cold recently A LOT and in a sense simply because he looks to score so much his numbers are a little inflated and he's overrated

I still hope he resigns but it looks dim. I'm sure there are bad teams out there willing to give him more

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I posted this when we signed him:

Like one poster said, he is going to demand a certain amount of shots. He's a worse version of Jamal Crawford, and we don't need a chucker.

While it's true he's more likely to go off than most players, at what price would that be at? He'd give us 37 one night and go 1-12 the next. Plus, I'm not sure about his commitment on defense. I don't care about the flashy dunks, either, we're dunking just fine without him.

While he proved me wrong about his D, his shot was god-awful when we needed him most. I said 1-12, he went 3-15.

And posting things like that on Twitter (where he said we might get our wish) doesn't really make me think highly of him.

If he keeps his option, cool. If not, don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.