My Don Legrecca rant Dec6 2012

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
listening to Mike Lupica and Don LaGrecca right now and Don is freakin pathetic. Just admit that you didnt watch the knicks last nite i would have more respect for you, instead hes throwing out these generalizations because he has nothing substantial to contribute....

case in point, Lupica asks him what did JR do when they got the steal on that fast break at the end, and he goes, he shot it for the win! NO! He pulled it back out and they called a time out.

Lupica says the knicks took alot of 3s last nite and they are taking more than they did when Dantoni was here....Don's response "we'll they better be making them because if they dont, they're in trouble", really? Thats all you got to say about that?

He and Kay are both ****in pathetic who know NOTHING about ball , NOTHING! They jumped on the bandwagon last year when Lin got hot and now they're doing the same cuz NYK are doing good. Wish we had some real knowledgeable sports talk hosts in the NYC area, someone who was passionate about ball.
Even tho i disagree with half of what Stephen A Smith says, at least he sounds passionate when talks basketball. Cant say the same about his wanksta and Michael Kay who is the biggest fraud around.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Nothing worse than listening to someone that knows NOTHING about a sport go on and on and about the sport as if they knew wtf they were talking about.

Lagrecca is so gayyyy broooooo wowwwwwww.

YOU'RE NOT FOOLING ANYONE BRO!!!

lupica sucks too

KingofNy

Starter
listening to Mike Lupica and Don LaGrecca right now and Don is freakin pathetic. Just admit that you didnt watch the knicks last nite i would have more respect for you, instead hes throwing out these generalizations because he has nothing substantial to contribute....

case in point, Lupica asks him what did JR do when they got the steal on that fast break at the end, and he goes, he shot it for the win! NO! He pulled it back out and they called a time out.

Lupica says the knicks took alot of 3s last nite and they are taking more than they did when Dantoni was here....Don's response "we'll they better be making them because if they dont, they're in trouble", really? Thats all you got to say about that?

He and Kay are both ****in pathetic who know NOTHING about ball , NOTHING! They jumped on the bandwagon last year when Lin got hot and now they're doing the same cuz NYK are doing good. Wish we had some real knowledgeable sports talk hosts in the NYC area, someone who was passionate about ball.
Even tho i disagree with half of what Stephen A Smith says, at least he sounds passionate when talks basketball. Cant say the same about his wanksta and Michael Kay who is the biggest fraud around.

I was listening and heard the same thing... How could he not of least seen the last minute of the game? And he's a NY Sports Radio host? Give me a break!

KBlack25

Starter
For Kay during Yankees season I get ignoring a lot of other sports.

These other guys have no excuse. It's literally their job to watch the Knicks.

metrocard

Legend
NY radio host are more baseball/football people. The Jets/Mets type on WFAN.

Knicks will never get that kind of attention via radio.

David Wright can pull his vagina and be on the DL for the season, that will get more buzz than Knicks winning a playoff series.

It's always been that way. From Steve Somers to Joe Benigno to Craig Carton to the worst ever, Mike Francessa....these guys don't know **** about basketball and don't have any interesting feedback.

WFAN needs a basketball personality...not everyone cares about hockey or baseball like that. I'm a Yankees fan born and raised, but the whole MLB format is boring as ****.

NBA is exciting to follow, you don't know who's going to have a breakout game, season ending injury, what bs the evil ref's are going to do to screw a team, waaaaaaaaaaay more highlight plays than football and baseball put together.

If I wasn't a boxer, I would be a basketball player. It's just a more stimulating sport.

KBlack25

Starter
I agree. I tune in to podcasts for my NBA fix, specifically The Basketball Jones. That's how I get my news.

KingofNy

Starter
Here's what I tweeted him along with his response:

(me) @DonLagreca How can you talk about this game for an hour and not even watch it? How did you not know JR messed up before he hit the winner?

(Don) @DonLagreca @CoreyParrish3 missed the final minutes. Had it on the computer. My bad.

KingofNy

Starter
NY radio host are more baseball/football people. The Jets/Mets type on WFAN.

Knicks will never get that kind of attention via radio.

David Wright can pull his vagina and be on the DL for the season, that will get more buzz than Knicks winning a playoff series.

It's always been that way. From Steve Somers to Joe Benigno to Craig Carton to the worst ever, Mike Francessa....these guys don't know **** about basketball and don't have any interesting feedback.

WFAN needs a basketball personality...not everyone cares about hockey or baseball like that. I'm a Yankees fan born and raised, but the whole MLB format is boring as ****.

NBA is exciting to follow, you don't know who's going to have a breakout game, season ending injury, what bs the evil ref's are going to do to screw a team, waaaaaaaaaaay more highlight plays than football and baseball put together.

If I wasn't a boxer, I would be a basketball player. It's just a more stimulating sport.

I can't even listen to the Fan. Fatcessa drives me nuts with his idiotic hate towards the Jets meanwhile sucking Eli off every chance he gets.

Pricey

Rotation player
i try to tune in to you guys on a stream over here and every time i listen its always New York Jets. Is it always like this? Its ESPN New York or something. Knicks never get much coverage and when they do its like 5 mins and then its back to the Jets or something else

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
yea its pretty much like this, or they'll sprinkle in the usual baseball talk in december. What i have an issue with is how they try to sound knowledgeable and its so freakin blatant that they dont know what they're talking about. All Kay does is read the morning papers headlines and regurgitate what the guy before him said. Fkin clueless, i cant stand his snobbish ass! As far as Francessa, i tuned him and the entire WFAN out years ago, they're stuck in the golden years of the 90s yankees, and the lousy mets.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
yea its pretty much like this, or they'll sprinkle in the usual baseball talk in december. What i have an issue with is how they try to sound knowledgeable and its so freakin blatant that they dont know what they're talking about. All Kay does is read the morning papers headlines and regurgitate what the guy before him said. Fkin clueless, i cant stand his snobbish ass! As far as Francessa, i tuned him and the entire WFAN out years ago, they're stuck in the golden years of the 90s yankees, and the lousy mets.

Yea exactly they try to play it off like they know wtf is up but it's so obvious that the whole show is pathetic, they're pathetic, it's just a sad thing to do, it's really just being a fat sloppy ****, because it's easy to know enough about the team so that you can at least talk a little about it, it's really not hard, and I mean, you've been around basketball your whole life? I assume he has, to some extent,

honestly, this is just lazy work, these sloppy ****s just do lazy work.

Pricey

Rotation player
well thats a shame. Surely with the population and fans you have there that you could get a basketball station happening or something so its all NBA, NCAA etc

smokes

Huge Member
Stephen A Smith and Ryan Rucco generally split their time pretty well, mostly basketball/football with a bit of baseball thrown in.

Entertaining to listen to even if Stephen A can be f**king annoying at times :lol:

knicksin60

Starter
I can't even listen to the Fan. Fatcessa drives me nuts with his idiotic hate towards the Jets meanwhile sucking Eli off every chance he gets.

Francessa is the type of host that would rather talk about horse racing and golf than basketball. His shows are very generic, he goes 5 hours arguing with callers about the Jets, Giants, Yankees and Mets and barely says anything about the Knicks.

The only time he made the Knicks the leading topic of his show was during Linsanity. He sounded like one of those people who knew nothing about Jeremy Lin until he started to make headlines.

Last edited:

TCR4CK

Rookie
Its always nice when Alan Hahn gets time on ESPNNY radio. At least the man knows ball and seems to school whoever hes with whenever he gets some burn. Rothenburg is by far the worst tho that guy will ramble over a Rex Ryan quote for hours before saying how solid the Knicks are playing.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
NY sports radio is absolutely awful these days. The Jets' third string quarterback gets 5 hours of air time, while a Knicks win gets a token 10 minutes or so. It's pathetic.

Then when someone like Screamin A Bytch finally talks about the Knicks, it's nothing but pure condescending bull****, about how we sucked for 10 years or whatever, and how it's somehow relevant to the current team. As if all these guys were losing year after year in NY. It's a damn joke.

smokes

Huge Member
NY sports radio is absolutely awful these days. The Jets' third string quarterback gets 5 hours of air time, while a Knicks win gets a token 10 minutes or so. It's pathetic.

Then when someone like Screamin A Bytch finally talks about the Knicks, it's nothing but pure condescending bull****, about how we sucked for 10 years or whatever, and how it's somehow relevant to the current team. As if all these guys were losing year after year in NY. It's a damn joke.

I don't like the way Stephen A acts up all the time, not a fan of these people who exaggerate their personality to the extreme for popularity's sake.

However I gotta respect the man for his opinions and basketball knowledge which is pretty thorough. And to be fair if you listen to Stephen A Show anytime since the start of the season they talk about the Knicks constantly.

And bottom line is he's a disgruntled long time Knicks fan who isn't going to get swept up in the hype. Look around these forums where after 1 win we're "for real" and after 1 loss we're trash. A week ago Felton was the worst player to wear a Knicks jersey and no one could wait for Kidd to be back, today he's the hero of New York.

MadJack

Benchwarmer
I don't like the way Stephen A acts up all the time, not a fan of these people who exaggerate their personality to the extreme for popularity's sake.

However I gotta respect the man for his opinions and basketball knowledge which is pretty thorough. And to be fair if you listen to Stephen A Show anytime since the start of the season they talk about the Knicks constantly.

And bottom line is he's a disgruntled long time Knicks fan who isn't going to get swept up in the hype. Look around these forums where after 1 win we're "for real" and after 1 loss we're trash. A week ago Felton was the worst player to wear a Knicks jersey and no one could wait for Kidd to be back, today he's the hero of New York.

I am not asking him to be swept up in the hype, but why must he always bring up the last 10 years? Who on this team has played for the Knicks for the past 10 years? I know it's hard for some to imagine, but there is an actual NBA history that goes back more than 10 years. Most of the players on this team have actual deep playoff experience, including rings for Tyson, Kidd, and Wallace.