Isiah Says Knicks Will Be Inactive Around Trade Deadline

paris401

Starter
We have a lot of players that are tradable. In fact most of our line up is tradable outside of James, Jeffries and may be Marbury. ".

not including our young guys we have

q-rich- has 2 more years at 18m.. can't shoot/play 'd' otherwise a solid player

curry- has 3 more years at 31m... other then being fat/slow/unable to defend, or rebound, he too is solid

zach- has 3 more years at 48m ... portland let us have zach for a burger and fries.. what make u think someone else will give us a burger,fries and a coke?

jamal- 3 more year at 28m... mite be of interest to a team who wants their shooting guard to shoot 10/12 tonite... and 2/12 tommorrow nite

malik- only 1 more year at 7.6m.. he will be tradeable in feb 09.. till then take a seat

well thats our team... maybe one of the above is a chip... u mite be right, it's just that i don't see it...

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
not including our young guys we have

q-rich- has 2 more years at 18m.. can't shoot/play 'd' otherwise a solid player

curry- has 3 more years at 31m... other then being fat/slow/unable to defend, or rebound, he too is solid

zach- has 3 more years at 48m ... portland let us have zach for a burger and fries.. what make u think someone else will give us a burger,fries and a coke?

jamal- 3 more year at 28m... mite be of interest to a team who wants their shooting guard to shoot 10/12 tonite... and 2/12 tommorrow nite

malik- only 1 more year at 7.6m.. he will be tradeable in feb 09.. till then take a seat

well thats our team... maybe one of the above is a chip... u mite be right, it's just that i don't see it...

Just as many of us believed Isiah's story of building a contender you are believing the media hype. It was once said that Francis was untradable but we shipped him off and got a 20,10 player out of Zach Randolph. None of our players outside of Randolph can put a team on their backs even if properly coached but they all can be good additions to a line up that is missing a few pieces.

Crawford gets too many shots. In a different system he would shoot less and make more shots.

Randolph - Can score 20 points 10 rebounds on any given night. Don't let a few bad games fool you. Randolph is still a beast.

Richardson - pretty much finished but can be packaged in a trade with any combination of our young players.

Rose - With just over a year and one half remaining on his contract he too can be traded and will be more appealing in a package.

Curry- There are a lot of teams that need a low post scorer. Curry can be a great asset to a team that is solid defensively. The problem with the Curry/Randolph pairing is no one focuses on defense first. Now place Curry in Minnesota with Theo Ratliff and see if they don't have an improved squad.

Trading players isn't the problem. We could rid our selves of Jerome James if we were willing to package him with Lee and Robinson? The same media personalities that said Francis was untradable say that the Knicks can't make trades and the players have no value. No, we can't make a block buster trade for Kobe or Labron but we have the assets to build a good balanced team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Good post donchris, everyone is sayin that Lee is the only player on this team that is tradeable but several players in the right system can make a positive impact on another team.

paris401

Starter
Just as many of us believed Isiah's story of building a contender you are believing the media hype. It was once said that Francis was untradable but we shipped him off and got a 20,10 player out of Zach Randolph. None of our players outside of Randolph can put a team on their backs even if properly coached but they all can be good additions to a line up that is missing a few pieces.

Crawford gets too many shots. In a different system he would shoot less and make more shots.

Randolph - Can score 20 points 10 rebounds on any given night. Don't let a few bad games fool you. Randolph is still a beast.

Richardson - pretty much finished but can be packaged in a trade with any combination of our young players.

Rose - With just over a year and one half remaining on his contract he too can be traded and will be more appealing in a package.

Curry- There are a lot of teams that need a low post scorer. Curry can be a great asset to a team that is solid defensively. The problem with the Curry/Randolph pairing is no one focuses on defense first. Now place Curry in Minnesota with Theo Ratliff and see if they don't have an improved squad.

Trading players isn't the problem. We could rid our selves of Jerome James if we were willing to package him with Lee and Robinson? The same media personalities that said Francis was untradable say that the Knicks can't make trades and the players have no value. No, we can't make a block buster trade for Kobe or Labron but we have the assets to build a good balanced team.

the media hype... we have 8 wins and 22 losses.. that ain't hype..

as to zach.. what isiah did was exchange 35m in salary for 61m.. hey i thought isiah picked the pocket of portland.. till i saw zach play... he's like the roach motel... the ball checks in, but doesn't check out

crawford... maybe u are rite...

q-rich.. anyone can be traded.. witness stevie franchise... but q has a back that u can't insure.. he will be very tough to move

malik... see above comments (exclude the bad back comment)

i agree with ya trades are possible... but to what end??? to trade franchise for zach and add 30m add payroll... or trading malik with lee or nate, and taking back a contract with an add. 2-3 years.. we are in salary-cap hell this year, and next year, and the following year we will be barely under the cap... but only have 8 players...

maybe i should say that a trade that will make us better is pretty unlikely...

one man's opinion.. right or wrong...

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
I would like to bring Bibby and Artest to the Knicks but in order to accomplish this trade we would have to take Kenny Thomas and his bad contract. Is that worth it?

This trade scenario works and Sacramento might go for it:
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=4383086

Marbury
Balkman
Malik Rose

for:

Bibby
Artest
Kenny Thomas

Sacramento will get rid of Kenny Thomas, unload a lot of salary at the end of next season and get a young player to replace Artest. The Knicks get rid of Marbury, get a good point guard and Ron-Ron.

Bibby, in a heart beat. Artest, i wouldn't want him. and yes it's all the off court shit. i wrote this a while back in another thread and i'll write it again here, talent and bad attitude = poisned locker room and a wrecked team.

kinda like our NY Knicks.

but Bibby, i think he would be a great addition to the knicks.

:wallbash: