2012-13 Amar'e Stoudemire Player Performance and News thread

We'll be BETTER with STAT

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
Wow.. if we amnesty amare, i doubt he will ever show his face in NYC again..

as much as i wouldnt want to see him get waivered, we really could get much better using his salary..

:wtf:RELAX GUY...... we cannot amnesty anyone anymore , we already used our one amnesty on billups

GordonGecko

Benchwarmer
I think that there are some teams that would trade something decent for Amare and his max contract before he would be amnestied (even if we had more than the one we blew on Billups)

metrocard

Legend
All news and updates on Amare goes here.

Our starting PF. Use to be our franchise player averaging 25 and 8 for us at one point. Injuries, tragedies occurred that set Amare back a ton, now he's very poor defensively, setting picks, and rebounding...jumpshot and scoring also regressed.

This off-season news and rumors are telling Amare is working hard to upgrade his game and live up to his contract.

Questions goes:

Can Amare stay healthy during the 82 game season?
Can Amare play with Melo and assert himself in the offense?
Can Amare regain his reliable mid range jumpshot he lost the past season?
Can Amare atleast play average defense this season?
Can Amare take pressure off of Melo and become a go to guy?
Do you believe in Amare as a starting PF for our team?

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
The only thing that set him back was bringing Evil Guy Melo here. That's the tragedy.

The guy always sucked on defense, so it's not good that we have two Star players now that refuse to play defense.

His jumpshot will be back, I think he's had some time now to realize that he will have to hit those shots, he's a jump shooter now because the guy has been squeezed out like a pimple. Now his brain is realizing that he will have to get his from some range. That's as much asserting as he will be doing, he will assert with his jumpshot.

I believe in Amar'e as a 6th man for our team, but now I am not sure who we can start at the 4 because we traded everyone for Felton. Still, I like the idea of Amar'e heading the second unit. I think he's a guy that needs his own unit and some room to drop buckets, and he can't get that with Melo in there. So it's not that there is pressure on Melo because of Amar'e, it's the other way, Melo is exerting pressure on the gamestyles of other players, and Amar'e is the biggest victim of this.

He'll never play d, but he can put up decent numbers and we can expect his J to be butter.

What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
What becomes of Amare is a tough one to figure out. I'm not hearing much about Stat in the off season and it worries me a bit. I know last year was a tough one for him but I think he's working on his game while grounding himself and reflexing a bit on his life right now. IMO, he should be coming back strong and determined...with a hugh chip on his shoulder. Plus, he's married now, most dudes after settling down they become focused. I think he knows he will have to bring his A game this year. Woodson and the other defensive bigs will condition Stat and make him better, I doubt that he's ever had a defensive minded coach before.
Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.

metrocard

Legend
Amare is suppose to be working with Hakeem sometime soon during the off-season to work on his Post game.

The deal with Amare to be is him playing out of pace, he seems uncomfortable playing next to Melo, playing PF offensively and having Tyson clog up the middle.

If Amare can turn himself into more of a Chris Bosh mold and get his jumper consistent, I'd be very happy because thats where I see him excelling in the offense. Amare improving his post game, good news for us also. I never expect Amare to play defensively for us because that just isn't him, so all I hope for is a productive offensive season because he is our second option and if he's not scoring well, who's next on our scoring option? Smith? Shumpert? low FG% scorers. See, that formula to me is destined for losing.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
The deal with Amare to be is him playing out of pace, he seems uncomfortable playing next to Melo, playing PF offensively and having Tyson clog up the middle.
I still think Amare plays his best as captain of the 2nd team. Although, that was last year when the Knicks had a dearth of talent to afford 2 teams. Still, as a secondary C (to give Chandler the rest he really needs), Amare is pretty good. He has length to block shots and grab rebounds, and he works well in a two-man show (STAT and Tyson or STAT and Melo) -- it's when you have too many stars on the paint where things go south. But I don't disagree that if Amare gets a consistent close/mid-range jumper (not those 20' shots he was forcing late last season), he will be incredibly difficult to guard.

Although I have to ask.. who's left on the Knicks to play the 4/5 positions? Thomas? Camby? I may miss Jeffries' rebounding already.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
^^^ I saw this guy chillin at the game sporting a ****ing Capri pants shorts. Shouldnt he be practicing with the dream or something?

New New York

Quiet Storm
LOL, just watched up til the end of the interview...Stat is a Dolan loyalist!
"I thank Mr. Dolan for making The Organization a positive place"

I guess Players (not just Knicks but around the league) really like Dolan from what I hear....maybe we're missing something, :teeth:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
A bit of positivity.

With all the talk of Jeremy Lin's departure, Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler with Team USA and the Knicks' offseason acquisitions, one of the Knicks' biggest names has gotten lost in the shuffle recently.

So where in the world is Amare Stoudemire these days?

STAT's team that handles his training regimen and schedule said that since the first week of June, the power forward has been involved with a offseason workout program in the Los Angeles area, doing two-a-days. In the morning, he meets with a physical therapist to strengthen his lower back, where he suffered a bulging disk in March. A rep for Stoudemire said his back is "doing great."

Then in the afternoon, Stoudemire works with a conditioning coach focusing a lot on cardio, core development and hip movement in order to ensure that part of his body is quicker and stronger for defensive maneuvering and positioning. That's arguably his biggest deficiency, which is why the defensive-minded Mike Woodson wants him to improve in that area, so he can be more consistent making stops.

After breaking for a week to head to Spain in early July, where he participated in a basketball camp for kids, Stoudemire is now in Las Vegas training and meeting with the Knicks' coaching staff. Iman Shumpert is also there working with the team's athletic trainers to recover from his torn left ACL and lateral meniscus. A source close to Shumpert said "training is all he's focused on right now."

This Saturday, Stoudemire will fly down to IMG Basketball Academy in Bradenton, Fla., where he'll continue his workouts. After his time there, STAT will be in Houston from August 5 to 19 working with NBA legend and post-up coach to the pros Hakeem Olajuwon. According to a source, it's doubtful that Tyson Chandler will join STAT because the Olympics' medal-round games are on August 12.

In the meantime, Stoudemire now knows who his main pick-and-roll partner is going to be next season: the same one from 2010-11, Raymond Felton. During their time together in New York, not only did Felton play at an All-Star level (17.1 points and 9.0 assists per game), but so did Stoudemire, as he averaged 25.3 points, 8.2 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/22201/whats-amare-stoudemire-been-up-to

KingCharles34

All Star
Amare is the BIGGEST X FACTOR FOR US NEXT YEAR

We know almost exactly what we can expect from everybody else on this team next year. Amare is the one question mark, in his prime he was one of the greatest offensive power forwards to ever play the game. He was a joy to watch and he used to use and abuse the two GOAT PF's; Duncan and Garnett.

The past few years Amare has slowed down mostly because of being on and off the court due too injuries, more so last year. For the Knicks to be a championship team Amare would have to play almost as good as he did with the Suns offensively and he'd have to improve his defense. I wouldnt count or get on this, although i do hope Amare can "save us". Im counting on 2014 when hes an expiring contract, please pardon my negativity. Or is it reality?

p0nder

Starter
With Felton back and Amar'e healthy I think we are looking at 2010-11 Amar'e with Melo and Tyson + Kidd, J.R. Smith and Novak for spacing. If Amar'e plays at his 2010-11 potential then we are the best team in the league.

And thanks for the update 8's i had not realized that The Dream and Tyson would not gtet the chance to workout together with Amare. That is very unfortunate.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn
Amar'e Stoudemire, who is back down to his usual playing weight of 245 pounds after playing at 260 last season, said he didn't have a chip on his shoulder coming off his worst season, statistically, since his rookie year and hearing and reading so many critics (and fans) write him off as done. "No," he said, "it's a boulder." Motivation, he added, is good because it keeps him driven throughout the long summer months. Watching USA Basketball only adds to it because they did not extend him an invite this year, despite his strong interest in participating. This was likely his last chance at a gold medal

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Alan Hahn
Stoudemire will spend two weeks with Hakeem Olajuwon in Houston next month. The cost of learning The Dream Shake? $50,000 a week is what we were told. Now, we don't know of Olajuwon is charging Stoudemire full price, but Amar'e plans to get bang for his buck. He said he plans to memorize every lesson so he can expand his game to include one or two go-to moves on the post. Stoudemire has been known as mostly a pick-and-roll player who developed a mid-range jumper in 2010-11. Mike Woodson wanted him to be more of a threat in the post, so he asked his former Rockets teammate to spend some time with Stoudemire. Tyson Chandler is also expected to spend some time with Olajuwon after the Olympics.