Kidd to Knicks

munco

Benchwarmer
Ha Ha Ha ..... u know nothin about Basketball....
Jason Kidd is a coach/leader/and a PG who design his own plays with teammates.
Plus Kidd is great at developing bench role-players.

I know he's a good floor leader and still a smart veteran, but I'm also not drinking the kool-aid that a lot of you guys are. A guy that gives you 5 points and 5 assists on 35% shooting a game is not going to be a huge difference maker for us. Also consider the fact he'll be playing even less minutes and will be a year older. He provides good veteran leadership but we need a lot more than that if we want to compete for a title.

munco

Benchwarmer
Lastseason NBA schedule was built for young college players only .. cut it out.

Nash did fine and he's older. Did you see Kidd's stats the year before?
He's a great floor leader and a great piece when you have a championship caliber team but we're still a player or two away so this isn't a great move for us to get older.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Congrats to the Knicks for making the right choice. I had a feeling the Knicks would pick up Kidd. For the people who read my posts I think you know how I feel about Jason Kidd. :gony:

Red

TYPE-A
Kidd & Lin will have to Play the 1& 2 until Shump returns.

At least Kidd can knock down some 3's and Lin gets to the hole

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Can't believe kid ditched the Mavs to came to the knicks and wasn't even about money. Especially after winning a championship there. I agree with the post regarding last season being for younger players. The dude is old....short season...alot of games close together for a guy his age, absolute will affect his game in the process. Regular season, more time to rest, less minutes, everything should improve for him. Stop hating on the dude, you know you will be kissing his ass on these forums once we are winning some ball games...

Wargames

Starter
Can't believe kid ditched the Mavs to came to the knicks and wasn't even about money. Especially after winning a championship there. I agree with the post regarding last season being for younger players. The dude is old....short season...alot of games close together for a guy his age, absolute will affect his game in the process. Regular season, more time to rest, less minutes, everything should improve for him. Stop hating on the dude, you know you will be kissing his ass on these forums once we are winning some ball games...

Man he did the sane thing. They let all of the best players since the championship on the roster not named Dirk go. Also Last year they ran him into the ground play 36 minutes a night.

It looks like he tried to do the right thing and wait to see if they could get him somebody to start while he just subbed but they didn't so he moved. I am really impressed by this move. Kidd should be a solid backup and he is taking backup money. Glen Grunwald is one smart move from getting the "In Grunnie We Trust" treatment from me.

also I am not sure about Kidd playing heavily at the 2 the Knicks still have the S&T and could use it on a player who actually deserves it.

Paul1355

All Star
A lot of people don't like this move but I love this move. Perfect mentor for Lin, perfect backup to dish passes to Amare and Chandler.
He has respect in the locker room.
We can focus on Jeremy Lin now to resign and match the offer.

I hope the 3 million was not the mid level exception but it most likely was if it was 3 million a year.

I wanted to save the mid level for Marcus Camby, however a backup PG is needed more than a backup big man. We can always just hope Harrelson and Jordan improved their game and that Jeffries comes in to spell Amare 10 min a game.

Kidd averaged almost 2 steals a game last year, showing his defense is still solid and he is a big PG, 6'4 who can play some minutes at the 2 spot.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Great pick up. The Knicks really needed this.
At times, in games where the whole team pretty much gave up, it was only Chandler that kept fighting and pushing the team to stay in the game. Now we'll have both Kidd and Chandler, two proven champions to hold the team together during tough stretches.

iSaYughh

Starter
I love it. Guys are on here calling Nash an old man, an old fart, but now we are happy about Kidd?

Unlike Kidd, Nash can play at an all-star or near all-star level for the next 3 years.

Kidd is coming to New York to keel over and die. But before he keels, he'll shoot 25% from the field for us.

I don't know, man.

I mean, it can't hurt to have a hall of famer like Kidd on the team, but let's not get carried away.

Lol, you wacky ass mofo :lol:

But you speak truth to power. :beer:

edit -- it's a nice, quality signing; but i am honestly disturbed by the chance that this makes Lin not coming back even more of a (albeit remote) potential.

Kiyaman

Legend
Nash did fine and he's older. Did you see Kidd's stats the year before?
He's a great floor leader and a great piece when you have a championship caliber team but we're still a player or two away so this isn't a great move for us to get older.

u still dont get it....the last team anyone expected to win a Title was the Dallas Mavs. Whatever Kidd's stats were the year he won the Title does not matter, Kidds job was to get his teammates "Gellin & co-existin" as a winning team....they dont give stats on that.

I know he's a good floor leader and still a smart veteran, but I'm also not drinking the kool-aid that a lot of you guys are. A guy that gives you 5 points and 5 assists on 35% shooting a game is not going to be a huge difference maker for us. Also consider the fact he'll be playing even less minutes and will be a year older. He provides good veteran leadership but we need a lot more than that if we want to compete for a title.

We need Kidd's service to get Stat & Melo to co-exist in a lineup together, plus stop Stat & Tyson Chandler from positioning themselves backwards on offense/defense .... Kidd will teach Lin how to get Melo to start moving without the ball, plus to not let Melo get a touch on every offensive possession. TD & Shump passing game need a lot of Kidds help.

KBlack25

Starter
The best part about Kidd is the respect he gets. You saw how a champion in Tyson Chandler changed the whole Knicks culture even without training camp.

Chandler is a champ, a champ with Kidd. One champ got tons of respect in the locker room. How much respect do two champs get? They know what it takes to win. They will garner respect, and Kidd will get all of the Knicks on the same page, and hopefully will teach Lin how to be more versatile to become the best PG he can be.

Kiyaman

Legend
stop comparing nash to kidd. kidds contribution is to balance our team full of knickleheads (knuckleheads) show leadership and a competitive fire so they dont take plays off MOST IMPORTANTLY not make mistakes! which gives the other team extra possesions. take a look at how many close games we lost and those games we may have gotten 10 takeaways and had 25 turnovers, thats 15 extra possesions the team got more then us and barely won the game. if anybody was satisfied with baron davis contributions then they will love kidd because at this stage he will do exactly what diddy did for minus the mistakes and turnovers. great signing!

I recall the trade of Nash, Finley, and a 2nd rounder the Suns gave to the Mavs for just Kidd.

Number3

Benchwarmer
now we have 2 leaders, with rings.. both from Mavs ..Chandler and Kidd...kidd is a great back up 1 & 2.. he could hit the 3 in tough moments.. spreading floor and dishing...helpin Lin with turnovers... they can play together

CoolClyde

u still dont get it....the last team anyone expected to win a Title was the Dallas Mavs. Whatever Kidd's stats were the year he won the Title does not matter, Kidds job was to get his teammates "Gellin & co-existin" as a winning team....they dont give stats on that.

We need Kidd's service to get Stat & Melo to co-exist in a lineup together, plus stop Stat & Tyson Chandler from positioning themselves backwards on offense/defense .... Kidd will teach Lin how to get Melo to start moving without the ball, plus to not let Melo get a touch on every offensive possession. TD & Shump passing game need a lot of Kidds help.
:agreed:
congratulations Kiya-dude, a great post!