Lin apparently signed $40M offer sheet from Houston. NY have 3 days to match

What should the penalty for racist behavior be on here?

• Ban

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Temporary ban

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Warning

• Scolding

• Whatever! I'm sure we can just ignore it.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Wait....Jeremy Lin is asian?

23154189.jpg

pat

Starter
3 years left for everyone. How can that be so hard to understand?

No. Don't do it. His head is going to explode. Too much relevant input.

I'd say, match the offer. He is a smart player and he knows that he has to work on his assist/turnover ratio. Also you shouldn't forget that he had to handle the ball a lot in that stretch an his passing options were sub-par. What was obvious though was that he knew what he needed to do to get the W. The only concern I have is on court chemistry but that's an issue any pg would have.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Where do we even start with this one....

First of all, stop calling other people racist because that is straight hypocrisy due to the fact that you were clearly racist here and u crossed the line.

Second of all, you need to understand that Lin is not some fragile 150 pound kid. The actual reason he got injured is because he went from no minutes to 40 minutes in about a week. I think any athlete can understand that kind of change in playing time. ALSO, we are playing a very shortened and compacted season meaning MORE games in LESS nights. Many players in the NBA got hurt this season. Pair that with Lin's drive-playstyle and yes, that raises the chances of his injury. Next, he is not a 40 minutes a game SG or SF who stood on the wing waiting for a pass. He was in control of the ball a majority of the time during each game.

Basically, your argument about his "durability" does not prove anything. Any player can get injured at any time, but to say he can't handle it is ignorant.

There are not a dime-a-dozen guards in the D-league like Lin. As a matter of fact, the dleague is there for a reason, and Lin is a special case where he really proved himself.

Then you say that all we need to do is get the ball in stat n melos hands.

Really?

Watch our playoff games against the heat and see how baron davis and bibby did with handing the ball to stat and melo. Oh right, we lost 4 to 1. If you think that PG is that insignificant of a position then you don't understand basketball..

There is no downside to re-signing Lin. As i understand it, we don't have any cap space currently in the first place. Dolan can pay the tax with the marketing that Lin earns. MSG will fill with asian supporters that are now interested due to Lin's rise(whether you or I likes it or not) and the money will be made back.

Do you really want Lin or that guy in my avatar?

And once again there is no need for calling someone a bad poster OR being racist...Crazy8's is one of the best posters here and I know exactly how he got his rep....

uhhhhh thanks for the pa announcement and lecture, I will remember all of your VALUABLE advice and apply it in my life:) Anyway, again with the marketing crap. So let's just put it on out there then...."Even if J lin stinks it up or gets hurt, we will expand our fanbase and put butts in the seats..." Is that "PC" enuff for ya???? As was said above, I don't care about globalizing the game. That's not why I watch Knicks games. I would love to see us get past the 1st round of the playoffs and even win a chip someday. And if you think "durability is not an issue" u are crazy. Quantum leap going from the ivy league to a pro-ballers schedule. Why we are even considering paying a dude 30 million for playing 25 games and skipping the playoffs is just beyond me:( million dollars a game I guess:(

jimkcchief88

All Star
Where do we even start with this one....

First of all, stop calling other people racist because that is straight hypocrisy due to the fact that you were clearly racist here and u crossed the line.

Second of all, you need to understand that Lin is not some fragile 150 pound kid. The actual reason he got injured is because he went from no minutes to 40 minutes in about a week. I think any athlete can understand that kind of change in playing time. ALSO, we are playing a very shortened and compacted season meaning MORE games in LESS nights. Many players in the NBA got hurt this season. Pair that with Lin's drive-playstyle and yes, that raises the chances of his injury. Next, he is not a 40 minutes a game SG or SF who stood on the wing waiting for a pass. He was in control of the ball a majority of the time during each game.

Basically, your argument about his "durability" does not prove anything. Any player can get injured at any time, but to say he can't handle it is ignorant.

There are not a dime-a-dozen guards in the D-league like Lin. As a matter of fact, the dleague is there for a reason, and Lin is a special case where he really proved himself.

Then you say that all we need to do is get the ball in stat n melos hands.

Really?

Watch our playoff games against the heat and see how baron davis and bibby did with handing the ball to stat and melo. Oh right, we lost 4 to 1. If you think that PG is that insignificant of a position then you don't understand basketball..

There is no downside to re-signing Lin. As i understand it, we don't have any cap space currently in the first place. Dolan can pay the tax with the marketing that Lin earns. MSG will fill with asian supporters that are now interested due to Lin's rise(whether you or I likes it or not) and the money will be made back.

Do you really want Lin or that guy in my avatar?

And once again there is no need for calling someone a bad poster OR being racist...Crazy8's is one of the best posters here and I know exactly how he got his rep....

uhhhhh thanks for the pa announcement and lecture, I will remember all of your VALUABLE advice and apply it in my life:) Anyway, again with the marketing crap. So let's just put it on out there then...."Even if J lin stinks it up or gets hurt, we will expand our fanbase and put butts in the seats..." Is that "PC" enuff for ya???? As was said above, I don't care about globalizing the game. That's not why I watch Knicks games. I would love to see us get past the 1st round of the playoffs and even win a chip someday. And if you think "durability is not an issue" u are crazy. Quantum leap going from the ivy league to a pro-ballers schedule. Why we are even considering paying a dude 30 million for playing 25 games and skipping the playoffs is just beyond me:( million dollars a game I guess:(

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
lethargic too, hmmm...and you wonder why I'm repeating myself, smh.

That's clever! :whatever:

(that is actually similar to many others, I mind you:lol:), but some how:lol: mines manages:lol: to touched you softly:lol:, smh.

Should I google translate this?

Anyway, I guess the repetitiveness is an obvious sign that you?re not going to change my opinion on the matter?.even after you (mainly others) :whatever: presented more details. My initial response still stands because the details were in delay. Just don?t go tacking them in this rant of yours (rant?) as if we all knew ?the actual dollars per year, and the addition of Kidd? (this was mentioned). If you have an issue with an opinion... then that opinion may not be the issue.

Much the same as your issue with Lin's contract, no? The hypocrisy is palpable, and delving in to psychology eludes your capabilities as evidenced by your linguistic malfunctions.

For the sake of the Knicks, I really hope this works out. Blind optimism has never been one of my strongest attributes

There's nothing blind about it. You've literally just stated that all of those opposed to your opinion are blind. Well done. Very good.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Forgot to add that jimkcchief is a racist douche, and should be banned because he only ever comes on here to whine like a wench and drag topics in to race fueled BS.

Well done, champ, you've proved yet again that you're not even worth being on the site.

Disgraceful.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;240735 said:
Forgot to add that jimkcchief is a racist douche, and should be banned because he only ever comes on here to whine like a wench and drag topics in to race fueled BS.

Well done, champ, you've proved yet again that you're not even worth being on the site.

Disgraceful.

You wanna know what's racist???? You guys gushing over Lin and ready to pay him all this money when he hasn't done squat, yet you pick apart an established star like MELO. Black superstar actually. That crap is racist. So Lin should get paid because of "marketing."???GTFO with that junk. Me and I am sure other real KNICK/Basketball fans are tired of these "social experiments" the Knicks play with who is and the court and who can afford to pay for the overpriced seats in the Garden. First it was the "Italian Stallion.". Now this. It's pathetic. Real teams are winning champions on the court while the Knicks are the NBA's answer to "affimative action." You don't like my opinion? Whatever. This site hasn't been the same since the STARBURY wars anyway. Intelligent posters where replaced by bandwagon fans who post photoshop pics instead of intelligent thoughts. That means you dude.:(. Stick to the game threads for real....I enjoy those....leave the serious hoops talk to the REAL FANS!!!!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
You wanna know what's racist???? You guys gushing over Lin and ready to pay him all this money when he hasn't done squat, yet you pick apart an established star like MELO. Black superstar actually. That crap is racist.

What a pointless and infantile thing to say.

You're a sad little buffoon.

All backed up by the trademark "I'm a real basketball/Knick fan".The hallmark of the mindless, arrogant, hoop trolling waste of time.

You're a racist, non contributing, spiteful prick.

:ban:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;240762 said:
What a pointless and infantile thing to say.

You're a sad little buffoon.

All backed up by the trademark "I'm a real basketball/Knick fan".The hallmark of the mindless, arrogant, hoop trolling waste of time.

You're a racist, non contributing, spiteful prick.

:ban:

That's right little boy, take your ball and go home. You can't win me so call names like some wann-be tough guy as you run away home lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.