Knicks V Nets - February 20th, 7:30pm.

For a rep point, guess how many rebounds STAT collects tonight

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
melo does not fit and it isnt his fault he is a ball dominant scorer asking to be an off ball team player and on top of that we cant run and we barely get over 100 points even in wins.our team is great on paper or in a video game but on the court we have to have a revamped system for melo to flourish

Melo only took 11 shots because he was passing like everyone wants. Instead of revamping the system how about hiring a coach that can handle all this talent? Fair enough?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
melo does not fit and it isnt his fault he is a ball dominant scorer asking to be an off ball team player and on top of that we cant run and we barely get over 100 points even in wins.our team is great on paper or in a video game but on the court we have to have a revamped system for melo to flourish
ehh i need to see a couple of practices with Lin/Melo to be sold on that.

if thats the case

Melo/amare = not a fit

Lin/melo = not a fit

Chandler/Amare = not a fit defenses collapse on Amare when he takes it in. He needs a stretch 5 (barganani type) like he had in phoenix he had (frye) to stretch the floor.

iSaYughh

Starter
I agree... We needed Shump's D. He was inactive though.

I'm inclined to agree, too.

Shump has been playing real well, both sides of the ball. But especially his D, and crunch time play.

Idk if anyone could overcome the refs and the asinine play of Melo and inefficiency of Amare, though.

Our overall D wasn't even bad, despite Williams playing lights out.

We just bricked so many good ****ing shots I can't even count.

Truthfully, Lin & Co started to turn shit on at the end and poise us for a comeback. Amare was a part of that run, too.

Then Melo and Amare bricked and TO'd us into oblivion.

Sam9657

Rookie
This one is on MDT.

Played Melo too much even though he was rusty. Sat Chandler for way too long, who cares if he might get fouled out when game was getting out of hand.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
This game was RIGGED BY the NBA. My reasoning is they want to hype this melo and knicks not working thing. Great publicity for the NBA.

knicksin60

Starter
How many more games will the Knicks lose to the worst teams in the NBA?

I just had a feeling that the Nets were going to look like the '86 Celtics tonight.

LeFlume

All Star
New York fans is the problem. We need to chill.

Yankee fans get upset over a loss in April.
Knicks fans get upset over everything
and Giants fans scream Eli suck...

As Yogi Berra said. It ain't over until it's over...Chill :gony:

But it hasn't been gradual up to this point. We are still in the very early stages. This is ONE GAME and some people are going crazy that our 2 superstars can't connect with our new superstar. This team has a big adjustment period to go through it's gonna take at least a few weeks for these guys to get fully comfortable on the floor together. From that point on if they have not gelled, serious questions need to be asked.

I agree somewhat, but you have to use Melo's strengths when we're close. If it calls for ISO's so be it. The Nets were intent on not letting Lin beat them tonight. Go to someone else then. This offense doesnt have to run through Lin all the time.

They game plan for Lin let Melo kill them and vice versa...

CA7

Scoring Champ
This is basketball, all this dont fit bullshit is just that bullshit at the end of the day if they didn't wear uniforms and just had on shorts and t shirt guys would ball, thats what they didn't do tonight, ball, thats what we need to do, ball

as bad as Melo played on O(rusty), Lin got his ass whooped on D, STAT was STAT and Chandler got in foul trouble which hurt us, we also didn't rebound well and close out good enough, Atlanta coming in on Wednesday a day a practice and we should be better

not to mention the refs killed us

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
New York fans is the problem. We need to chill.

Yankee fans get upset over a loss in April.
Knicks fans get upset over everything
and Giants fans scream Eli suck...

As Yogi Berra said. It ain't over until it's over...Chill :gony:

Word us NYer are way too critical and impatient at times if the Knicks beat ATL and Miami everyone will forget all about this game.

iSaYughh

Starter
We missed plenty of jump shots, which is the reason to start using your postup game. We have none though.

Down 8 with 5 minutes left you put Melo in the box and force the Nets to double or foul. Something good will happen. Instead we got STAT & Fields shooting 18 footers. This isnt good basketball...

You have to take what the defense gives you sometimes.

We aren't a plodding, half-court team. For better or worse.

Clean, well-designed open looks that we were generating was based off Lin orchestrating the offense as he has been; breaking down the D, and making a decision.

It was resulting in just clean, good mid range jump shots.

Melo was in the box plenty too, especially at the end. And he got his ass raped.

It was just a fail every which way, on the inside and with clean mid range jumpers.

smokes

Huge Member
I agree somewhat, but you have to use Melo's strengths when we're close. If it calls for ISO's so be it. The Nets were intent on not letting Lin beat them tonight. Go to someone else then. This offense doesnt have to run through Lin all the time.

They game plan for Lin let Melo kill them and vice versa...

I don't think going to Melo tonight was gonna work but I agree a change needed to be made.

Was calling for Novak since the 3rd quarter he barely played the 2nd half. Right at the end he comes in and sinks a bunch of threes. Could have used those earlier.

But it's swings and roundabouts, I ain't mad at anyone for this game.

LeFlume, sayin it best.

I think it is time to panic. the amare melo combo doesnt work obviously by our starting record before the lin era,no melo returns and your asking 3 ball dominant players to flow? idk i know im panicking

If you really wanna go there with season averages then that's even more reason to replace the coach. See what I just did?

yea dantoni doesnt have a SYSTEM its more like a philosophy, just run and shoot and pick and roll and shoot.we have no go to plays for our superstars or for our other scorers its all about whether or not jeremy lin can find the open man and if not then you have a game like we just had in which every player tried to create from nothing.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I don't think going to Melo tonight was gonna work but I agree a change needed to be made.

Was calling for Novak since the 3rd quarter he barely played the 2nd half. Right at the end he comes in and sinks a bunch of threes. Could have used those earlier.

But it's swings and roundabouts, I ain't mad at anyone for this game.

LeFlume, sayin it best.

Novak made two 3s all game. What are you talking about?

CA7

Scoring Champ
We dont need to fire, trade or bench anyone if anyone thought we were gonna look good in Melo and Baron's 1st game you should know better