New York Knicks vs New Jersey Nets Game Thread 1/16

Which of the following will be the biggest factor to the Knicks success?

• Increasing Nate Robinsons Minutes

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Crawford continuing to shoot better

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Increasing Balkmans minutes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • We suck and we got lucky twice

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ummm....y erry1 on marbury side all of a sudden? i am also glad he s gone for one reason, he holds the ball too long and dosent trust his teammates enough to give the rock up early in the shot clock....i have watched many times how he holds the ball, slows down our offense feeds zach at a bad angle where only he can get it back, never reposts...(gatta give craford, nate and q props for reposting zach and eddy on the blocks) and gives players the rock only when he cant drive to the lane or when the defense it tight....and when he does pass, its about 5 secs left on the shot clock...sumtimes less than 5....so i say, take ur time to get back steph.....i hope he's watching and learning because fred is playin excellent defense and nate is passing the rock

This isnt Marburys fault its the teams fault. When were not playin good theres usually no movement on offense. How could it be Marburys fault when the offense is ran through Crawford, RAndolph, and curry?

It is way too early to say whether the Knicks are better without Marbury but according to some guy on the Post's Knicks blog in December and January these are the numbers....

with Steph 1-9

without Steph 5-7

again it is way too early to make a big deal out of this but I'm just throwing it out there

Marburys played in 24 games not 10. At least one of those shouldnt count, I remember him playin only 1 quarter against Philly. I respect you for being one of the few not to jump to conclusions, it was just a week ago when Marbury had that pass to Lee and hit a 3 against Chicago to help us win.

I've been saying this for a long time. The Knicks play a lot better when Crawford is hitting his shots (or the rare times QRich is hitting). That's one reason I've been harping on us getting a SF with a really good outside shot. My feeling is that if we had a consistent outside shooter it would make us less dependent on Crawford and open up the post for Curry and Zach. IMHO, that's really the missing ingredient to making us a playoff team. Then of course there are other problems that would prevent us from going deep into the playoffs, but one headache at a time.

Im not sure if that would get us to the playoffs. Zach and Eddy are bad at passing out of double teams. Crawfords been alot more efficient the past 2 weeks overall, if he can keep it up who knows? Isiahs rotations have finally gotten better and thats what I think is making the biggest impact along with Q-Rich showing up and playin defense out of nowhere the past 2 games.

Ditto. We are all Knicks fans and should be happy the boys are winning. I know I made everybody mad talkin' crap about Steph, but its because his antics this season. I have no personal vendetta against Steph or any of his fans, but I think the Knicks are a better team without the drama he brings along with the talent. Anyway go Knicks keep the streak going!!!!

We still wouldve won these 3 games even if Marbury had played. Dont you remember who won that recent Chicago game for us? I think we should be a good team without him but a better team with him. Were finally playin together like last year. I think it was the addition of Zach Randolph that threw everything off but it looks like the team has finally adjusted. I still think at best were a team thats fightin for the #8 spot and im not sayin we gonna get back in the playoffs. Im sayin had we played better from the beginning of the season thats where we would be at.

You should have said all the drama that Isiah brings. As a coach he brought the worst out of Marbury but did you see that interview? Marbury said he wants to get back from the injury as quick as possible and play even if the Knicks arent fightin for a playoff spot. Hes not as bad as people think he is, hes just misunderstood. He wants to play basketball, hes not just here for his money.

The man is still allowed to have his opinion. Just because it's different then yours doesn't mean you have the right to tell him to shut up and get the f*ck outta here. Completely rude and unnecessary.

Im sorry I hurt your feelings but when someone says they hope a players injury keeps them out for an extended period of time they deserve to get bashed, thats fucked up. Shut up and get the Fuck outta here kid

We need to Fire The Coach
We all should get this shirt and wear it to a knicks game and get Isiah out of here

www.ftcwear.com

Good post, its Isiah whos been the problem, not Marbury.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Im sorry I hurt your feelings but when someone says they hope a players injury keeps them out for an extended period of time they deserve to get bashed, thats fucked up. Shut up and get the Fuck outta here kid

I've seen you say some pretty horrible things about Crawford and Curry but for some reason your feelings get hurt when somebody bashes Marbury. If Curry had a season ending injury what would you be saying?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I've seen you say some pretty horrible things about Crawford and Curry but for some reason your feelings get hurt when somebody bashes Marbury. If Curry had a season ending injury what would you be saying?

I call Curry fat and Crawford inconsistent. It dont make a difference if anyone has a season ending injury, were not makin the playoffs. I dont wanna see any player get injured.

If anyones catchin feelings its you, gettin all emotional after I kimbo sliced getrealistic.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I call Curry fat and Crawford inconsistent. It dont make a difference if anyone has a season ending injury, were not makin the playoffs. I dont wanna see any player get injured.

If anyones catchin feelings its you, gettin all emotional after I kimbo sliced getrealistic.

That's fair. Don't worry, my feelings aren't hurt. I just feel that this site used to be cool. But lately, it's turned into a totalitarian state where anything negative about Marbury is met with insults and rude comments. Honestly, I can't wait til Marbury is gone (good for the team or not). Then we can begin talking about the Knicks, a team that all of us want to see win a championship.

Can't we all just get along?
rodking.jpg

Rodney King

Toons

is the Bo$$
dude have niggas sacared to mention anything negative about marbury on this board lol....hahahaha....u are a big internet bully...every1 is cheering for the same team and every1 can say whatevadafuk they wanna say....if the knicks win with curry gone, go knicks, if they win with marbs gone, go knicks, if they win with crawford gone, go kniicks....we earned each n every 3 of those wins with defense, no1 walkin around sluggish...the bench is in2 every game.....give credit where it is due....and i dont kno if u call 3 months of good games inconsistant for jamaal....he would have carried us to the playoffs last year if it wasnt for the injury....injury dosent make u inconsistant

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
wow....can anyone say marburysexual?? lmao....
How about Crawfordsexual?

That's fair. Don't worry, my feelings aren't hurt. I just feel that this site used to be cool. But lately, it's turned into a totalitarian state where anything negative about Marbury is met with insults and rude comments. Honestly, I can't wait til Marbury is gone (good for the team or not). Then we can begin talking about the Knicks, a team that all of us want to see win a championship.

Can't we all just get along?
rodking.jpg

Rodney King

I dont wanna argue about Marbury at this point but any unfair criticism will be met with facts proving the haters wrong. Im not gonna be the one bringin him up bet when assholes like getrealistic says f*cked up things im not gonna ignore them.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
dude have niggas sacared to mention anything negative about marbury on this board lol....hahahaha....u are a big internet bully...every1 is cheering for the same team and every1 can say whatevadafuk they wanna say....if the knicks win with curry gone, go knicks, if they win with marbs gone, go knicks, if they win with crawford gone, go kniicks....we earned each n every 3 of those wins with defense, no1 walkin around sluggish...the bench is in2 every game.....give credit where it is due....and i dont kno if u call 3 months of good games inconsistant for jamaal....he would have carried us to the playoffs last year if it wasnt for the injury....injury dosent make u inconsistant

Im not sure how you can argue that Crawford has played good for 3 months, i posted up stats proving how inconsistent hes been on every other page of this thread. I dont want to criticize Crawford the way hes been playin but stats show Crawfords been far from consistent, look at his shooting percentages.

Who knows if we wouldve made the playoffs last year, all you can do is speculate but he still wasnt playin any defense. I been givin Crawford all kinds of credit, check my game thread. When Crawfordsexuals give him too much credit and like you said I can say whatevadafuk I wanna say and everyone else on heres got that same freedom.

Toons

is the Bo$$
ok, i accept that...i am a crawfordsexual...i am a knicksexual.....i kno that about myself...it seems that you my friend are in dinial....first sign that u have a problem....im not like tese other dudes....if u havent noticed....i love this team....point blank.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
ok, i accept that...i am a crawfordsexual...i am a knicksexual.....i kno that about myself...it seems that you my friend are in dinial....first sign that u have a problem....im not like tese other dudes....if u havent noticed....i love this team....point blank.

Take a look at my game thread, i give credit where its due. I love this team too but I think every player who deserves unfair criticism or any underrated player needs sum1 to tell it how it is. Marbury recieves alot of criticism that should go to Isiah Thomas.

I got friends who only listen to the commercial rappers like Jay-Z and 50 and they callin them the best. Out of respect to old school rappers and underground rappers like Rakim, KRS, AZ, and Cormega, Im constantly gettin in arguements defendin them. Im a loyal fan, it dont matter if we talkin about rap or basketball. When sum1 says unfair things about the Knicks Ill have sumthin to say but most people give them too much credit. We won 3 games but lets see if they can keep playin well for the next couple of weeks. Im not rootin against them but it takes more to convince me.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Good win.. It seems to be ironic because whenever Z Bo, Jones, EC, and Q were together on the court the Knicks started to fall apart. Despite good numbers from Z, and EC point wise for both of them, rebound wise for Zach. The Knicks seemed to get back in the game thanks to NATE ROBINSON when down by 16 and when we had that 15 point lead, Isiaherr took Nate, and Lee out.. and the Knicks lost it.... Zach and EC can't COEXIST.. So it makes me think when Nate,Jamal,Balkman,Lee, and EC or Z bo are on the court the Knicks play at there best.

By the way.. Did anyone see what I saw after the game... Jamal like kissed VC on the cheek.. Thats messed up.. Or at least thats what I think I saw. But the thing I know I saw was Jamal wrapping his arm around Isiaherr touchin his shoulder.

Good game for Crawford though.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Crawford is a big reason why the team has been on this 3 game win streak, in addition to Balkman getting his minutes back. JC is shooting well, passing well, and running the offense like a veteran PG. Last night he was absolutely clutch and there was no one on the Nets that could stop him.

Maybe these are the things Isiah sees in practice everyday and doesn't mind giving JC the green light sometimes. I know some people in here don't think JC is a good player, but when he's running games like these last three you can't deny that he's a gifted player.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
The Knicks have won the last three games largely due to the play of Jamal Crawford, but also because they played as a team. Didn't Richardson get like 5 assists? I've argued in the past that Crawford is a sixth man on a good team but they way he's playing now it's very likely that he'd be the second or third scoring option on a good team.

LJ4ptplay said:
this site used to be cool. But lately, it's turned into a totalitarian state where anything negative about Marbury is met with insults and rude comments.

So sad but so true. Marbury has a lot of fans up here. Several posters have even named themselves after him so when we call him out for selfishness and a complete lack of leadership and basic play making, they don't like that. They'd rather blame Dolan and Thomas for driving Marbury to be the way he is when in reality he's always been this way. We just liked him and made excuses for him.

toons said:

Isn't this bobosexual stuff getting old? Can we retire the word now. I've used it once or twice but damn it's played out like gucci sweaters. I wouldn't question your fanhood. Only a dick would do that. You just called the game like you saw it. Crawford has been very inconsistent and is well known for choosing bad shots but the fact is he lead us to three back to back wins. Randolph is passing out of double teams. May be Curry is taking notes.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Knicks have won the last three games largely due to the play of Jamal Crawford, but also because they played as a team. Didn't Richardson get like 5 assists? I've argued in the past that Crawford is a sixth man on a good team but they way he's playing now it's very likely that he'd be the second or third scoring option on a good team.

So sad but so true. Marbury has a lot of fans up here. Several posters have even named themselves after him so when we call him out for selfishness and a complete lack of leadership and basic play making, they don't like that. They'd rather blame Dolan and Thomas for driving Marbury to be the way he is when in reality he's always been this way. We just liked him and made excuses for him.

Isn't this bobosexual stuff getting old? Can we retire the word now. I've used it once or twice but damn it's played out like gucci sweaters. I wouldn't question your fanhood. Only a dick would do that. You just called the game like you saw it. Crawford has been very inconsistent and is well known for choosing bad shots but the fact is he lead us to three back to back wins. Randolph is passing out of double teams. May be Curry is taking notes.

Just drop it already man stop the childish games its over. No one wants to keep talkin about this except you so stop bringin it up. We tryin to celebrate the 3 game winning streak but all the assholes on here gotta keep takin cheap shots on Starbury.

Marburys played in 24 games not 10. At least one of those shouldnt count, I remember him playin only 1 quarter against Philly. I respect you for being one of the few not to jump to conclusions, it was just a week ago when Marbury had that pass to Lee and hit a 3 against Chicago to help us win.

The original stat I posted was supposed to just for December and January. According to the Daily News the record witout Marbury for the whole season is 6-8.

Pricey

Rotation player
man this is getting boring. im not a marburysexual but im not stupid either. The Knicks r a way better team with him playing PG. Since the death of his father he has played some excellent ball since returning to the lineup. some people must forget what he did against Chicago.
I give props to Crawford the last 3 games he has really played excellent basketball. When he plays well then the Knicks generally do.
Hopefully this isnt a 3 game streak where he performs cause he normally plays well a few games then plays shithouse for the next 6.
Perhaps people have decided to forget about this game against Toronto last week. He made 2 of the WORST errors i have seen in the NBA. How about that alley oop pass that hit the backboard and there was no knick in sight??? He turned the ball over and played no defence whatsoever and we lost.
i think the bagging on Marbury when he isnt even playing has to stop, if he was on the court and not doing anything then fair enough cause Curry, Z-Bo and Crawford cop it when they play sh1t so its only fair.
Its time to make this forum what it should be

Oh and everyone who thinks i dislike Crawford is wrong, i wore my Crawford strip out last night to the mall to pay respect to his game.