Dolan wants Isiah to stay...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This is what I suspected, with Isiah tanking games and hiring Donnie Walsh, I had a feeling that Isiah would stay as head coach. Can somebody please assassinate Dolan and Isiah? The nightmare will not end unless these two are gone.

From Daily News Thursday, March 27th 2008 BY FRANK ISOLA
James Dolan will not stand in the way of Donnie Walsh removing Isiah Thomas as the Knicks' head coach, according to a team source, but Dolan has made it clear that his "preference" is to keep Thomas on the sidelines.

As absurd as it may sound, Dolan is not prepared to completely sever ties with Thomas, whose record as an executive and head coach is among the worst in franchise history. The Knicks have not had a winning season with Thomas in charge and he was also was at the center of an embarrassing sexual harassment case that saw a jury rule in favor of a former Madison Square Garden female executive.

"There isn't a basketball executive alive who would keep Isiah as head coach, but Jim is telling whoever he interviews, 'I would prefer to keep Isiah but you do what you have to do,'" said the source, who is close to Dolan, the Garden chairman. "If Isiah isn't the coach, Jim still wants him to stay in the organization in some capacity."

Even one Knicks player said Wednesday that it's time for Thomas to go.

"If they're going to keep him here, you can't keep him as the coach," said the player, before the Knicks held on to beat the woeful Miami Heat, 103-96 in overtime, Wedmesday night. "That won't work. He can't come back and coach the team."

The Knicks have a handshake agreement with Walsh, the former Indiana Pacers CEO, to run the basketball operation. The two sides are working to finalize the deal.

Dolan's presence, however, could complicate negotiations. Dolan's business relationships with Dave Checketts, Jeff Van Gundy, Lenny Wilkens, Marv Albert and Larry Brown did not end well, and Walsh knows all five. If Walsh reaches out to Brown, that could also work against the Knicks.

Brown was fired after one season as head coach, and although he feels betrayed by Thomas, Brown blames Dolan for making the last three months of his Knicks career miserable. Although Dolan knew that he was preparing to fire Brown, he still required Brown to attend workouts for prospective draft picks.

Dolan then refused to pay Brown and used a clause in Brown's contract that made NBA commissioner David Stern an arbitrator in the dispute. Brown felt that Dolan's intention was not only to keep from paying him but to damage his reputation as well.

That Dolan would like to retain Thomas in some capacity may raise red flags in Walsh's camp. Ever since Dolan took a more active role in the day-to-day operations of the club, the Knicks have become a laughingstock NBA franchise.

Wednesday night's victory upped Thomas' record to 43-100 in two seasons as Knicks head coach. His team is regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA.

Meanwhile, Thomas has essentially stopped working. He canceled practice on Tuesday and then conducted an 18-minute game-day shoot-around yesterday. He also continued his habit of showing up later than normal for games - which he has done more than a dozen times - blaming it on traffic.Yet when Thomas finally arrived last night, he told reporters, "I love the game. I love being around it."

Thomas' questionable work ethic is rubbing off on his players. While the Heat had eight players going through drills 90 minutes before tip-off, the Knicks' end of the court was vacant. Several players, including Malik Rose, David Lee and Mardy Collins, went through pregame drills, but the contrast was startling.

If Walsh agrees to run the Knicks, he likely will make a coaching change, and the most likely candidates are former Knick Mark Jackson, former Bulls coach Scott Skiles and current Celtics assistant Tom Thibodeau.

But first he will have to do something that Dolan, for whatever reason, is reluctant to do: fire Thomas. The Daily News reported last month that the Knicks spoke to former Nets assistant GM Kiki Vandeweghe and that Dolan expressed a desire to keep Thomas on the bench at that time, too. Both Vandeweghe and the Knicks have denied talking.

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
I'm pretty sure Malik Rose is the player that gave those remarks.

I swear, the Knicks would make a great film for an ESPN movie. There are so many holes in what goes on behind the scenes ever since the day Checkets left that need to be uncovered.

Maybe a book instead of a movie?

There is so much dirt on Thomas, from Brown to Don Chaney to Marbury to Knicks beat reporters, that is has become a bonafied wonder of the world why this man still has a job.

Is he blowing Dolan behind the scenes? Is Thomas blackmailing Dolan all this time?

There is not one Executive in the NBA that would want Thomas coming into contact with their franchise.

Thomas doesn't show any interest in this team and it shows by the way the Knicks don't even run proffesional shootarounds before games. Look at the Heat. They have a record worst than NY and they still come prepared, 90 minutes before a game ready to play while the Knicks show up late and joke around.

Everything about this team is just pathetic and it starts with the coach

I Got my wish!!! How do you all feel about that. It looks like Isiah Thomas is here to stay. This year is fucked up but last year Isiah did his job. NNext year will be the same scenaryo. A couple of trades and like that walsh and isiah will have this team back on track like they had the pacers before walsh hired bird.

Can somente please assasinate Lj4ptplay and Starks.?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I Got my wish!!! How do you all feel about that. It looks like Isiah Thomas is here to stay. This year is fucked up but last year Isiah did his job. NNext year will be the same scenaryo. A couple of trades and like that walsh and isiah will have this team back on track like they had the pacers before walsh hired bird.

Can somente please assasinate Lj4ptplay and Starks.?

You are ridiculous. Noone takes you seriously.

Not a single above .500 season for 6 years as GM and a 40-100 record as coach and "regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA."

What else do you need to understand that Isiah is destroying this franchise. There is no possible way you are a Knick fan.

You are ridiculous. Noone takes you seriously.

Not a single above .500 season for 6 years as GM and a 40-100 record as coach and "regarded as one of the least prepared and worst conditioned in the NBA."

What else do you need to understand that Isiah is destroying this franchise. There is no possible way you are a Knick fan.
Im a knicks fan but I used to be a pistons fan when isiah played. isiah didnt destroy the franchise. impateint fans like u destryed the team. If ny fans had more pateince isiah would've picked andrew bynum instead of

frye. He had to play it safe becuase of fans like u. ITS THE FANS FUALT!!!!!!

:gony:

Starks

Starter
To the Thomas poster.

I challange you to present your case to Knicksonline.com to state 5 reasons why Isaiha should remain coach, or even part of this organization.

I'm afraid no one here will ever take you seriously and continue to dismiss you as a fool until you do so.

I haven't heard one person on this earth go on the record and make a case for Thomas staying here besides Magic Johnson (I wonder if he still feels the same). Maybe you can be the first?

Do your homework and comeback to us with some intellect. Show us how intelligent of basketball mind you are.

Better yet, pretend this is a job interview for the Knicks.

Here's the question, What proof do you have to support Thomas after the all his failures here?

The Knicks are the most ill prepared team in the league and went from a yearly playoff bound team to a joke that hasn't one a single playoff game in all of Thomas tenure, what proof do you have that he should stay?

Thomas is an offical sex offender, what does that do for the reputation of the Knicks by not commenting on his past or reprimanding him?

Why should fans continue to support a man who his own teammates have quit on months ago?

I can go on and on, but until you can intelligently answer these questions, you will just be placed on everyone's ignore list.

To Knicks online-

Don't pay him mind until he can come back to us with a well thought out dialogue on why we should take his claims seriously.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Im a knicks fan but I used to be a pistons fan when isiah played. isiah didnt destroy the franchise. impateint fans like u destryed the team. If ny fans had more pateince isiah would've picked andrew bynum instead of

frye. He had to play it safe becuase of fans like u. ITS THE FANS FUALT!!!!!!

:gony:

Like I said, you are ridiculous. It's obvious you are a bogus poster. You need to get laid, or something, because you obviously have no life. You come on here and pretend to be an Isiah supporter to instigate foolish arguments. You should just go away now. Thanks.

ANU

Starter
dolan is a fucking bitch.i swear,what the fuck has isiah done to merit him staying here.mufukas stupid.i swear man.both of them should shoot themselves.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Here is another quote from Newsday:
Unless the 67-year-old Walsh backs out, he is their man without a search. No other possible candidates, such as Jerry West or Jerry Colangelo, have been contacted or expect to be. A person with knowledge of the situation said Colangelo was aware a change was coming in New York but was told the Knicks were not interested in him.

Dolan has to be the biggest idiot on the planet. Ever since he has taken over this team, the Knicks have become a joke of a franchise. He won't even contact Colangelo or West. Just hire Donnie Walsh without interviewing anybody else and keep Isiah as the head coach. Unbelievable.

ANU

Starter
Here is another quote from Newsday:

Dolan has to be the biggest idiot on the planet. Ever since he has taken over this team, the Knicks have become a joke of a franchise. He won't even contact Colangelo or West. Just hire Donnie Walsh without interviewing anybody else and keep Isiah as the head coach. Unbelievable.
yo the city should get involved with this shit no more tax breaks for the garden

Starks

Starter
yo the city should get involved with this shit no more tax breaks for the garden

Fans can't do much about it. I'm afraid the Garden makes too much money by default: Corporate Seating always renewed and Tourists (the only ones who cheer at the games)

The media has to save us. I would go as far to publishing controversial claims like "Dolan slept with a number of employees and Thomas is holding it against him and the Dolan family"

Anything to get national attention and force the Dolans to comment on the state of the Knicks and get David Stern to come in and clean up the mess

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This is terrible news, we need to find a female that works at MSG to set up Dolan. I like your idea starks but lets give it a gay twist just for more embarrassment and start sumthin like this: (Isiah) "He (dolan) raped me for hours. Its been swelled up for days. I cant even go to the bathroom." (no homo)

Im sorry to those who have weak stomachs, that was very disgusting. On the real theres gotta be an MSG empolyee whos willing to set up Dolan for some cash. Can we hook up Isiahthomas11 with a spell check or sumthin? lol @ him blaming the fans like his father/lover/role model Isiah did. Im not sure what the connection is between the poster and the real Isiah thomas but if this dudes stayin hes gotta learn how to spell better. thekidd has become a better speller. If IT11 stays, hes gonna cop himself the Sammysosa award.

Starks

Starter
This is terrible news, we need to find a female that works at MSG to set up Dolan. I like your idea starks but lets give it a gay twist just for more embarrassment and start sumthin like this: (Isiah) "He (dolan) raped me for hours. Its been swelled up for days. I cant even go to the bathroom." (no homo)

Im sorry to those who have weak stomachs, that was very disgusting. On the real theres gotta be an MSG empolyee whos willing to set up Dolan for some cash. Can we hook up Isiahthomas11 with a spell check or sumthin? lol @ him blaming the fans like his father/lover/role model Isiah did. Im not sure what the connection is between the poster and the real Isiah thomas but if this dudes stayin hes gotta learn how to spell better. thekidd has become a better speller. If IT11 stays, hes gonna cop himself the Sammysosa award.

Yea, i think some kind of covert op set up would be a fine idea. Think about it.

Presidents and world leaders have been set up and have their careers ruined by setups and media manipulation. How hard is it to set up a moron like Dolan.

Somewhere on knicksonline there has got to a poster brave enough to submit a tip to the Daily News about being raped by Thomas and Dolan. I think its gona have to be the Thomas poster if we want it to be plausible

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yea, i think some kind of covert op set up would be a fine idea. Think about it.

Presidents and world leaders have been set up and have their careers ruined by setups and media manipulation. How hard is it to set up a moron like Dolan.

Somewhere on knicksonline there has got to a poster brave enough to submit a tip to the Daily News about being raped by Thomas and Dolan. I think its gona have to be the Thomas poster if we want it to be plausible

lol it could work if we find someone who has connections to MSG. Maybe we can find the intern that Marbury f*cked and have her say that Dolan attempted to rape her but had problems keepin it up. Not only would that possibly get him fired but that would also be embarrassing.

ANU

Starter
lol it could work if we find someone who has connections to MSG. Maybe we can find the intern that Marbury f*cked and have her say that Dolan attempted to rape her but had problems keepin it up. Not only would that possibly get him fired but that would also be embarrassing.
:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Between wanting Isiah and Dolan to get rubbed out and setting them up in a gay sex scandal, you guys have me laughing so hard I almost forgot how bad the Knicks are.

Personally, I think we should have them rubbed out and then put their bodies in a compromising position so it looks like they were having gay sex with each other. At least then it would all make some sense.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Personally, I think we should have them rubbed out and then put their bodies in a compromising position so it looks like they were having gay sex with each other. At least then it would all make some sense.

Hilarious!! That's the best idea so far.

I have an idea. How about u stop comin up with perverted ideas!!! Isiah isnt gay!! Look at my avatar!!! I know its photo shoped but isaih is wat a man should be. Hes goin to bring this team to the top. The fans have to sho more pateince with this man!!! Look at what he did with the rapters and the pacers. C'mon everyone!!! Am i the only one that thinks???

I have an idea. How about u stop comin up with perverted ideas!!! Isiah isnt gay!! Look at my avatar!!! I know its photo shoped but isaih is wat a man should be. Hes goin to bring this team to the top. The fans have to sho more pateince with this man!!! Look at what he did with the rapters and the pacers. C'mon everyone!!! Am i the only one that thinks???
Yo check this out b what the fukc you smokin?

rady

Administrator
Staff member

You used to be funny with your first posts but now you are just boring. Find yourself other forums to troll.