Denver Nuggets vs. New York Knicks 12/26 1:00pm

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Right now, the entire team and D'Antoni are getting on my nerves, it hearts a lot to see such a crappy performance every night, not only on defense, but on offense as well, they select stupid shots a lot of times.
I have one question for Walsh: what will happen to the Knicks if Bosh, Wade and James re-sign with their teams or sign for others?

Paul1355

All Star
He's actually not usually that bad a shooter when he's open. But the whole team takes bad shots. It's a bad habit, but it doesn't mean he's a bad player. We haven't been losing because Chandler has been taking bad shots. We've been losing because our defense sucks.

Chandler shooting 30% every game is his to blame....he passes up easy mid range shots that he makes, and never drives to the basket, and when he does drive he never finishes and blows an easy close shot.

He has to work on his game and stop THINKING SO MUCH. He is a head case, clear Alex Rodriquez syndrome going on with Chandler this year. We all saw in the summer league and pre season how he dominated, because there was no pressure to win. Now there is pressure, and he is a starter and he can't make easy shots and make good descisions and play aggressive because he is too nervous.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Chandler shooting 30% every game is his to blame....he passes up easy mid range shots that he makes, and never drives to the basket, and when he does drive he never finishes and blows an easy close shot.

He has to work on his game and stop THINKING SO MUCH. He is a head case, clear Alex Rodriquez syndrome going on with Chandler this year. We all saw in the summer league and pre season how he dominated, because there was no pressure to win. Now there is pressure, and he is a starter and he can't make easy shots and make good descisions and play aggressive because he is too nervous.

no that is not the case, if he was nervous u would see em pass up open shots, i think the problem is that the offense is too free, cuz wilson is still shootin wit no hesitation

knicklover

Benchwarmer
He's actually not usually that bad a shooter when he's open. But the whole team takes bad shots. It's a bad habit, but it doesn't mean he's a bad player. We haven't been losing because Chandler has been taking bad shots. We've been losing because our defense sucks.

I agree that our major team problem is defense, but as an individual, Chandler is being ridiculous on the offensive end. Even guys like Jason Kapono and Ray Allen shouldn't be shooting nine 3 pointers in a night. For a guy that is terrible at them to be shooting so many is unforgivable because it so darn stupid and because it's so easy to correct. The coach simply needs to say "Wilson, don't ever shoot 3 pointer unless the clock is about to expire or you will be benched indefinitely". If that doesn't fix the problem, then we don't want him anyway because he's an idiot.

Fixing the defense is going to take a lot of time.

By the way, who ever said that Robinson is playing good defense should pay attention to how mant times he's goes under the pick and leaves his man wide open for a 3 pointer that puts a dagger in our heart. Robinson tries hard in some ways, buy he's a huge liability in other ways and should be a bench player.

JayJ44

Starter
I agree that our major team problem is defense, but as an individual, Chandler is being ridiculous on the offensive end. Even guys like Jason Kapono and Ray Allen shouldn't be shooting nine 3 pointers in a night. For a guy that is terrible at them to be shooting so many is unforgivable because it so darn stupid and because it's so easy to correct. The coach simply needs to say "Wilson, don't ever shoot 3 pointer unless the clock is about to expire or you will be benched indefinitely". If that doesn't fix the problem, then we don't want him anyway because he's an idiot.

Fixing the defense is going to take a lot of time.

By the way, who ever said that Robinson is playing good defense should pay attention to how mant times he's goes under the pick and leaves his man wide open for a 3 pointer that puts a dagger in our heart. Robinson tries hard in some ways, buy he's a huge liability in other ways and should be a bench player.

I agree, he shouldn't be taking so many 3 pointers. And he knows it, he always says in those interviews that he needs to get to the free throw line more. It's a part of getting used to the NBA game, he'll get it soon.

CoolClyde

No D' vs D'enver

Hey, the whole No-D'Antoni offense is based on taking 3's, you can't blame Chandler for being part of the 7 second-party. I remember Harrington saying he'd be driving more, but he's still chucking 3's. And Q-Thug remains as inconsistent as ever, yet another game where he was invisible or disappeared. At times the Knicks passed the ball efficiently, but somehow after 6 passes, we still got a shiddy shot off. I agree Chandler is thinking too much, but this game is 1/2 confidence, I think he'll improve as time goes on. I liked the idea of him starting at guard, keeping Q on the bench. This game came down to D and lack of it; as GoKnicksDLee predicted (excellent pics/thread btw) Carmelo Hitler played better than Chandler down the stretch, and that was the d'ifference. I think D'Antonio realizes (by starting Jeffries and TimTom) that without D', we stand no chance against anyone.

Kiyaman

Legend
At the start of the season, I was as high on Chandler as anyone on the planet. I actually thought he had a shot to eventually be an all-star caliber player or close. At this point, I'm not sure he should even be playing much. He can't shoot a 3 pointer to save his life. That in itself is not so horrible, except that he insists on shooting them all the time. He should never shoot a 3 pointer unless the shot clock is about to expire. Having one Qrich on the team is bad enough, we don't need two of them. I've seen enough of this kid. He can be a good versatile defensive player that can get you 10-15 points a night in an efficient manner, but he's not going to be an important part of the offense. It's about time D'Antoni explained that to him. If he insists on shooting foolish shots and/or shots that are outside his range, he must be benched until he learns that 5-10 with a couple of free throws is a much better night than 7-22 with some extra points.

Knicklover, being that u r the one that started all this about Wilson Chandler u r the one (to be Herb).

Chandlers a second year player getting his rookie playingtime under a confuse misguided organization and coaching-staff with 3rd tier veterans calling the shots.
At the start of the season Chandler were positioned as the PF....this game vs Denver Chandler were positioned as the SG vs the best defensive PG (Billups) in the NBA (how did you expect Chandler decision making to react vs Billups, Carter, Balkman, and Melo?).
Chandler is still look at by his teammates as the rookie this season....if the headcoach is not going to say anything about Chandler shooting 1-9 from the 3-point position maybe, just maybe the coach would rather have Chandler shooting 3's than Harrington, Thomas, and Q.Rich.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Knicklover, being that u r the one that started all this about Wilson Chandler u r the one (to be Herb).

Chandlers a second year player getting his rookie playingtime under a confuse misguided organization and coaching-staff with 3rd tier veterans calling the shots.
At the start of the season Chandler were positioned as the PF....this game vs Denver Chandler were positioned as the SG vs the best defensive PG (Billups) in the NBA (how did you expect Chandler decision making to react vs Billups, Carter, Balkman, and Melo?).
Chandler is still look at by his teammates as the rookie this season....if the headcoach is not going to say anything about Chandler shooting 1-9 from the 3-point position maybe, just maybe the coach would rather have Chandler shooting 3's than Harrington, Thomas, and Q.Rich.

This is all nonsense.

Chandler has some very good attributes and one of them is his versatility. Not too long ago I thought he was on his way to being an all-star caliber player or close. He has no excuse for being stupid enough to shoot nine 3 pointers when he can't hit the ocean to begin with.

And for your benefit, we finally have a great organization. That's party why we are so bad this year. All the moves they are making now are geared towards long term success instead of winning this year. I have no problem with that because I would actually like to win a championship in the 2010-2014 period instead using the tried and failed strategy of idiots like Isiah Thomas that try to improve the team now at the expense of the long term.

All that said though, there is no reason for our young players to continue doing stupid things. It is statistically obvious that Chandler is a bricklayer from the 3 point range and that guys like Thomas, Harrington, and even Qbrick, while not great, are better. Until such time that Chanlder can hit the ocean (if ever), he should simply pass the ball every time he has it out there or take it to the hoop, shoot midrange, get fouled etc.... Shooting from 3 is stupid if he's the one doing it and it's an easy problem to correct.

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Hey, the whole No-D'Antoni offense is based on taking 3's, you can't blame Chandler for being part of the 7 second-party. I remember Harrington saying he'd be driving more, but he's still chucking 3's. And Q-Thug remains as inconsistent as ever, yet another game where he was invisible or disappeared. At times the Knicks passed the ball efficiently, but somehow after 6 passes, we still got a shiddy shot off. I agree Chandler is thinking too much, but this game is 1/2 confidence, I think he'll improve as time goes on. I liked the idea of him starting at guard, keeping Q on the bench. This game came down to D and lack of it; as GoKnicksDLee predicted (excellent pics/thread btw) Carmelo Hitler played better than Chandler down the stretch, and that was the d'ifference. I think D'Antonio realizes (by starting Jeffries and TimTom) that without D', we stand no chance against anyone.

I understand that 7 seconds or less is geared towards shooting a lot of 3s, but you don't see David Lee chucking up 3s do you? That's because he knows he's only efficient shooting around the basket. He's smart. So instead of going 6-19 on a regular basis, he hits 55% or more of his shots and makes a positive and consistent contribution almost every night. I'd rather Chandler score 10-12 points night on 4-8 or 5-10 shooting than to see him hit 40% of his FGA and shoot less than 30% from 3 point land because on his bad nights (which are way too frequent) he's going to kill us.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
im not gonna quote anyone else......but heres my short version of this game and our losing ways as of late.

REASONS FOR LOSING

1) Our defense, team, man to man, and especially interior defense is absolutely horrible, and we wonder why the opponent scores so much every night?
2) Shot Selection, yeah Dubs Chandler takes a lot of shots that aren't high quality, but the team as a whole does this too. everyone here has seen Q shoot, and he makes Chandler's shots look amazing.
3) 7-man rotation and available players, we no longer have a man to go to when we need scoring (i hate to say it but this team is missing randolph and crawford right now) yeah neither of them played D worth a shit, but dont you think the team played better D when they were here?

AND AS FAR AS TODAYS LOSS TO THE NUGGETS..........

one simple reason for this, melo took over the 4th quarter, as he normally does. Im a knick fan who lives in denver so i know all about melo. yeah the defense was poor today too, but i dont call a 7 pt loss a blowout loss. the loss to minnesota was a blowout loss and that was to a bad team, the nuggets are a formidable opponent. its funny how we can keep close to the elite teams in the NBA like LAL, PHX, DEN but get blown out by the bad teams like MIL and MIN.

D-LEE42fan

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
were inside the top 10 in the draft as of now....Thabeet here we come....

were starting to show were nothing but a 3 point shooting team unless were knocking them down we wont win much....and even if we are playing great from behind the arc we cant stop other teams from scoring so theres no diff

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
were inside the top 10 in the draft as of now....Thabeet here we come....

were starting to show were nothing but a 3 point shooting team unless were knocking them down we wont win much....and even if we are playing great from behind the arc we cant stop other teams from scoring so theres no diff

well said. the knicks are a team now that seem to live and die by the three, and there three's seem to go down for them every like 4 or 5 games. Ever since the trades the 'fast paced' 'dantoni' offense that i saw is pretty much gone. idk if it was just me seeing them at first and now i've got used to it, or what, but i don't see them as some fast tempo team anymore, there quicker then they used to be, hustle a little more; but nothing special of late...and i don't think were that great of a 3 team either, yea harrington will get streaky time and time, Nate is usually pretty good, Qrich will show up once every 8 games a knock a few; i just dont see us playing very well unless each player starts playing better D and not just throwin up random shots...i saw numerous times where a player would normally drive to the hoop we threw it back out or keept passing it around to the open man who would brick it behind the arc..we were in this game for most of it, but still didn't play very well....And i dont see that changing when you have Jarred Jefferies and Tim thomas in your starting line up, Chandler shooting like he did, and playing just over all hustle-less D

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well said. the knicks are a team now that seem to live and die by the three, and there three's seem to go down for them every like 4 or 5 games. Ever since the trades the 'fast paced' 'dantoni' offense that i saw is pretty much gone. idk if it was just me seeing them at first and now i've got used to it, or what, but i don't see them as some fast tempo team anymore, there quicker then they used to be, hustle a little more; but nothing special of late...and i don't think were that great of a 3 team either, yea harrington will get streaky time and time, Nate is usually pretty good, Qrich will show up once every 8 games a knock a few; i just dont see us playing very well unless each player starts playing better D and not just throwin up random shots...i saw numerous times where a player would normally drive to the hoop we threw it back out or keept passing it around to the open man who would brick it behind the arc..we were in this game for most of it, but still didn't play very well....And i dont see that changing when you have Jarred Jefferies and Tim thomas in your starting line up, Chandler shooting like he did, and playing just over all hustle-less D

word well said man

Kiyaman

Legend
This is all nonsense.

Chandler has some very good attributes and one of them is his versatility. Not too long ago I thought he was on his way to being an all-star caliber player or close. He has no excuse for being stupid enough to shoot nine 3 pointers when he can't hit the ocean to begin with.

And for your benefit, we finally have a great organization. That's party why we are so bad this year. All the moves they are making now are geared towards long term success instead of winning this year. I have no problem with that because I would actually like to win a championship in the 2010-2014 period instead using the tried and failed strategy of idiots like Isiah Thomas that try to improve the team now at the expense of the long term.

All that said though, there is no reason for our young players to continue doing stupid things. It is statistically obvious that Chandler is a bricklayer from the 3 point range and that guys like Thomas, Harrington, and even Qbrick, while not great, are better. Until such time that Chanlder can hit the ocean (if ever), he should simply pass the ball every time he has it out there or take it to the hoop, shoot midrange, get fouled etc.... Shooting from 3 is stupid if he's the one doing it and it's an easy problem to correct.

Do anyone really see a difference in coach Dantoni vs coach Isiah playbook plan other than coach Dantoni push passing the ball compared to Isiah letting Marbury, or Crawford, or Q.Rich, or Malik, or Zach shoot the ball anytime they want.

The playbook offensive plan is the same when it comes to whomever is playing the SG-position....they are pushed to the outside and allowed to take 10 to 15 jumpshots a game mostly from the 3-point line.
It's a playbook (SG) plan that coach Riley and coach Larry Brown been using for years and the Knicks adopted it.
So dont blame Rookie Chandler whom is now forced to play SG, which is not a position he played in H.S., College, or in the NBA until this month with Dantoni.

Well, the Knicks did stay close thru out the game untill the 4th quarter arrived when the Knicks 8-Man rotation defense were no match for Denvers 9-Man rotation defense.
However, the Knicks bench players added 38 points compared to Denvers bench players 35 points....the bench defense won the game.

It's not hard to figure out why C-Nene leads the league in FG% when all of his shots are taken in the paint (something we used to have Curry doing, or need to have some of our poor shooting players doing.). Coach Nelson and K-Mart plays a big role in reminding Nene where his offense lies.
Denver shot 14 fga from the 3-point line as a team when compared to the Knicks 35 fga from the 3-point line (only bad halfcourt offensive teams average that many 3-point shots per game).

Wilson Chandler have not been having a good game mainly b/c our knuckle-head coach has him confused in this so-call 7-second running offense (which does not exist on this team). Coach Dantoni had Chandler playing at the PF position the first 20 games of the season....but now against the last couple of teams he has Chandler playing the SG position (so the signing of Roberson and Duhon were guesses on Dantoni part). By the way.....
In all actuality.... this season is Wilson Chandler rookie season.

I can not wait to see how Dantoni coach his BUM Nephew Gallo....will he have him on the court with several bum teammates like Q.Rich, Thomas, Jefferies, and Harrington??????