Jameer Nelson to have surgery: CALL ORL NOW AND DUMP DUHON!

mafra

Legend
According to ROTOWORLD.com

Jameer Nelson will undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee, which he injured Monday against the Bobcats.

What a bad break for Nelson owners, as no one saw this coming. Jason Williams should be picked up by owners in need of a starting fantasy point guard, as hard as that is to believe. Nelson will be out anywhere from four to
six weeks.

Source: Orlando Sentinel
------------

I know ORL tried to sign DUHON before he opted for NY. They need a PG; maybe we can get something (and expiring contract and a 1st round selection - JJ Redick)?

Trade Duhon to ORL and sign Iverson.

nyk_nyk

All Star
An expiring contract and 1st rd selection for Duhon??????? Duhon's value is so low right now can't see anyone giving away much for him.

mafra

Legend
NBA TRADE MACHINE approved Duhon for Redick & johnson (2 expiring contracts). Too bad N8 can't be dealt until 12-15, maybe he has more value?

STILL, ORL might be desperate enough to take a gamble. I mean, they wanted Duhon and offered him a deal. Duhon played well for a while last year, they might roll the dice and say he's playing poorly b/c of the losing environment. I mean, look at Q-Rich and other who escape NY.

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Here is why Alston should have shut the **** up last year. He would be playing for a winner right now.
Duhon or not it's a throw away season anyway.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Trading Duhon would be awesome, but I don't see us getting anything useful for him. He's the worst starting PG in the league despite playing in a system that inflates numbers for PGs, and the Magic would be stupid to take him. I don't see it happening. If it does happen, I don't see us getting an expiring contract in return (and definitely no chance of unloading Jeffries/Curry/etc.)

tiger0330

Legend
Orlando may sign AI now. What timing, AI is cut and is looking to play for a team that is contending, Orlando now needs a PG and AI is available. Don't know if the Magic would consider signing another guard for 6 weeks while Jameer is out but the spot at Orlando fits AI like a glove.

mafra

Legend
Orlando may sign AI now. What timing, AI is cut and is looking to play for a team that is contending, Orlando now needs a PG and AI is available. Don't know if the Magic would consider signing another guard for 6 weeks while Jameer is out but the spot at Orlando fits AI like a glove.

That is IF he clears waivers. What if the KNICKS claimed Iverson? Maybe we deal AI to ORL instead?

Paul1355

All Star
According to ROTOWORLD.com

Jameer Nelson will undergo arthroscopic surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his left knee, which he injured Monday against the Bobcats.

What a bad break for Nelson owners, as no one saw this coming. Jason Williams should be picked up by owners in need of a starting fantasy point guard, as hard as that is to believe. Nelson will be out anywhere from four to
six weeks.

Source: Orlando Sentinel
------------

I know ORL tried to sign DUHON before he opted for NY. They need a PG; maybe we can get something (and expiring contract and a 1st round selection - JJ Redick)?

Trade Duhon to ORL and sign Iverson.
last year now this year...Jameer Nelson is becoming an Allan Houston with these knee problems...i hope he can come back from surgery and not have to worry about this again. I hate to see great talent cut short because of a recurring injury.