Toons

is the Bo$$
Overachieving

PACERS
CLEVELAND
MiLWAUKEE
NETS

i feel we are better than all of the above, KNICKS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

Yeah I think so also except for maybe Milwaukee because they have a lot of depth and preach the half court defense. However all the other teams we are better than. I predict us to win about 40-42 and get 8th seed but if we start clicking and have games like that Chicago one we can get 45wins and 6th seed

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why do you feel we're better than those other teams? Knicks are better but certainly no powerhouse. We can't even guarantee wins over garbage teams.

I wouldn't be so fast to give the team that much credit yet.

Toons

is the Bo$$
the only east teams that are the truth are

boston
miami
orlando
ATL
chicago

when boozer comes back to chi-town, chi will be even more cemented as a powerhouse team

Toons

is the Bo$$
Why do you feel we're better than those other teams? Knicks are better but certainly no powerhouse. We can't even guarantee wins over garbage teams.

i do it by taking off a teams best player and then judging.

Knicks without amare would beat the

Bucks without bogut
Indiana without granger
Cleveland ...well....without verajao?? :s
Charlotte without Wallace

fair?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Overachieving

PACERS
CLEVELAND
MiLWAUKEE
NETS

i feel we are better than all of the above, KNICKS WILL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS

You're living in a fantasy world.

There's no way the Knicks are going to the playoffs under D'Antoni.

D'Antoni's record with the Knicks: 63-111(.362)

Pacers, Cavs, Bucks, and Nets >>>>> Knicks

There's a very good reason why they have a better record.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yes I'm sure D'Antoni's record with the Knicks is TOTALLY indicative of how the team is going to do this season given the whole "two rebuilding and tanking years in order to get LeBron James" thing.

That being said I think the Knicks have more adjusting to do than the other teams. Whereas most of the other teams in the East are adjusting to maybe 1-2 new players on their team compared to last year, we have 10. Of the 9 players who saw minutes in the game against the Kings, only four of them played for the Knicks last year (and two of them only towards the very end, Douglas and Walker).

We have a new Point Guard (in a D'Antoni offense where the PG is KEY nonetheless), a new #1 option, a couple of ROOKIES anchoring our team (Fields, Douglas, Mozgov for all intents and purposes). Are we going to start off slower than some other teams? Goodness, I'd hope so.

Furthermore I'm concerned about whether having Boozer back really helps the Bulls that much. Yes, Boozer is a really good scorer and he has an excellent post game, but he's also a terrible defender. Taj Gibson on the other hand seems to play pretty good defense and is also a capable scorer - yes, he's not Boozer, but he's a much more balanced player...does Chicago really benefit that much if they lose Gibson and his shotblocking ability and get Boozer and his god-awful defense back? My goodness Boozer was as bad on defense as David Lee wa.s..

Toons

is the Bo$$
just think i should bump this seeing how we are now 5th in the east, every team i listed were overachieving, and we are better than the teams listed, as is said.

clumsy

Rotation player
i don't know orlando has lost like 9 straight.....we may be better than them.

Also those emergency trades probalby made that team worse. They were losing now they also have no chemistry.

MBlackVJesusP7

Benchwarmer

Lol I'll be sure to remember this post when the Knicks get the 6th seed in the playoffs this year.

Yeah I think so also except for maybe Milwaukee because they have a lot of depth and preach the half court defense. However all the other teams we are better than. I predict us to win about 40-42 and get 8th seed but if we start clicking and have games like that Chicago one we can get 45wins and 6th seed

God damn I was right

welcometonycity

Rotation player

What did D'Antoni do to you? I feel HATRED.
Knicks are making the playoffs brotha GUARENTEED. this isnt Fantasy my g

serendipity10

Benchwarmer

No game is a guarantee, good teams lose to bad teams once in a while. The Bucks beat the Lakers on Tuesday and there are many close games between good teams and bad teams look at the Knicks a year ago and the Nets this season. Celtics barely won in a couple game, for example against the Knicks twice and 76ers yesterday. Good teams find a way to win but sometimes one little mistake can cost you.

The Eastern Conference is weak, mostly because the Raptors lost Chris Bosh and the Cavs lost Lebron James. Then there are teams that were viewed to do well like the Nets, Bobcats, and 76ers but the teams have there problems. Out of these 3 teams only one is battling for the 8th spot, the 76ers are 11-18 while the Knicks are 17-12. Right now it looks to me the Knicks are going to the playoffs with ease.

Last edited:

johnstarky

Rotation player
I don't consistently follow the rest of the NBA like I should, so I can only judge those teams by their record, but there is no reason for the Knicks not to make the playoffs above the teams that are competing for the final 3 playoff spots in the East.

If Donnie Walsh decides to improve this team by making a mid season trade, I could see the Knicks finishing the season as the guaranteed 6th seed and facing either Orlando, Chicago or Atlanta in the first round.Out of those three teams, I think the Knicks would match up better with the Magic in a playoff series.

On an unrelated note, the Rockets are starting to creep up on the Knicks record wise in the race for the value of that 2011 pick that the Knicks traded away to them last season.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
IIRC the Rockets only have the RIGHT to swap the pick...they don't necessarily HAVE to...if they end up in the lottery they could just NOT swap picks and we'd use our own, am I correct?

That being said the Knicks are playing good basketball. If you beat the teams you're supposed to beat MOST of the time (ie anybody with a sub-.500 record) and beat teams that are probably better than you SOME of the time (ie OKC, Denver, Bulls), then you'll make the playoffs. Especially in this weak ass Eastern Conference...