Next Year's Knicks

Assuming the Knicks don't make the playoffs this year, what do you think the team will look like next year?

Who is guaranteed to not be around next year? Who do you think will be here?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i tell u this much, if isiah is not here next year, is going be a couple of miserable years for the knicks cuz if the pressure of isiah being fired does not motivate this group<<wat can??, and i dont think the players are going be happy if isiah is fired(i really hope this dont happen)

paris401

Starter
i would think the roster will be more or less where it is now... if we keep our young 1 and 2nd year players, our only tradeable guys are jamal and q-rich.

not much to trade with..

NYKnicks15

Starter
Next years definites.
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
David Lee
Quentin Richardson
Stephon Marbury

that leaves..
Kalvin Cato- who can be resigned to continue his Eddy Curry training
Malik Rose- will only have on year left and will probably be waived
Steve Francis- a buyout his very possible at this point. a trade less likely.

now as for the rest.. Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, Mardy Collins, Renaldo Balkman, Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffies.. If we decide to make a trade via Kevin Garnett or a push for say Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, even Ron Artest these are the players that would most likely be included. Isiah is a fan of Renaldo and i think he actually is the least likely to be traded of all of them right behind Jared Jeffries because of contract and Isiahs dream of a 6'11 C/PF/SF lineup. I think most will stay here unless a good opportunity comes but id expect him to snoop around and see what Channing and Nates value is at this point.

we are actually in a good positon heading into next season.
well see a roughly -63 million pay cut thanks to Houston, Williams, Rose, Andersen, Taylor, Cato coming off the books and a +11 pay rise due to our other contracts. so well be going down cap wise to around 87 million.

plus well have our first round (well Chicagos granted they have a better record) and our original second rounder. as well as a surpluss of young WANTED talent.

were in a pretty good situation

paris401

Starter
Next years definites.
Eddy Curry
Jerome James
David Lee
Quentin Richardson
Stephon Marbury

that leaves..
Kalvin Cato- who can be resigned to continue his Eddy Curry training
Malik Rose- will only have on year left and will probably be waived
Steve Francis- a buyout his very possible at this point. a trade less likely.

now as for the rest.. Nate Robinson, Channing Frye, Mardy Collins, Renaldo Balkman, Jamal Crawford, Jared Jeffies.. If we decide to make a trade via Kevin Garnett or a push for say Ray Allen, Rashard Lewis, even Ron Artest these are the players that would most likely be included. Isiah is a fan of Renaldo and i think he actually is the least likely to be traded of all of them right behind Jared Jeffries because of contract and Isiahs dream of a 6'11 C/PF/SF lineup. I think most will stay here unless a good opportunity comes but id expect him to snoop around and see what Channing and Nates value is at this point.

we are actually in a good positon heading into next season.
well see a roughly -63 million pay cut thanks to Houston, Williams, Rose, Andersen, Taylor, Cato coming off the books and a +11 pay rise due to our other contracts. so well be going down cap wise to around 87 million.

plus well have our first round (well Chicagos granted they have a better record) and our original second rounder. as well as a surpluss of young WANTED talent.

were in a pretty good situation

how are we in a 'pretty good situation'.. we will be well over the cap, waiving malik does nothing for us next year... or the year after (he has two years left)

yes we have a 1st rounder this year, but rarely does one come in and make an immediate impact.

our most tradeable commodities are jamal and q-rich... not sure what jamal will bring, and not sure if i want to trade our most consisent player (q-rich)

its not easy beimg a g.m.

NYKnicks15

Starter
and its obviously not easy trying to come up with a solid pessimistic comeback. because yours makes no sense.

Q-Rich is actually not that hot of a commodity. his bad back and long contract make him pretty much undesired around the league. so lets get that part straight first.

next Channing Frye, Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford dont have trade value? i really beg to differ. i bet you all 30 gms and coaches would say they have some. im not sayin we are going to get Tim Duncan for them but they have value. good value at that. Channing Frye & the penny hardaway contract were close to bringin us KG last year near deadline. do your homework.

and regardin the first rounder.. i wasnt saying for value of the player but as a pick for trade value. picks are big around deadline/offseason time.

and yes we will still be well over the cap (granted Stephon doesnt option out) BUT who the hell cares? tell me someone next season worth pursuing with a lot of cap space?! no body! not until the following season and especially the year after does it matter. 45 million is our cap in 09 and who becomes a free agent LeBron James, Carmello Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade... so we are in a "pretty good situation"

paris401

Starter
and its obviously not easy trying to come up with a solid pessimistic comeback. because yours makes no sense.

pessimistic?? ... no i think i'm trying to be 'realistic'

Q-Rich is actually not that hot of a commodity. his bad back and long contract make him pretty much undesired around the league. so lets get that part straight first.

i did'nt say 'hot' i said 'most tradeable'.. imo (let me rpt imo) bad back or not, he is a chip for I.T... game in,game out this year he has played very well

next Channing Frye, Nate Robinson and Jamal Crawford dont have trade value? i really beg to differ. i bet you all 30 gms and coaches would say they have some. im not sayin we are going to get Tim Duncan for them but they have value. good value at that. Channing Frye & the penny hardaway contract were close to bringin us KG last year near deadline. do your
homework.

i thought i included jamal (maybe i can't read) as one of our chips, stating that i do not know (still not sure) just how valuable he is to others.

i was not including our 1st and 2nd year players, but yes frye has some value, and why did'nt u include lee... has he no value??... as for nate see my comments about jamal.. not sure how much value

and regardin the first rounder.. i wasnt saying for value of the player but as a pick for trade value. picks are big around deadline/offseason time.

and yes we will still be well over the cap (granted Stephon doesnt option out) BUT who the hell cares? tell me someone next season worth pursuing with a lot of cap space?! no body! not until the following season and especially the year after does it matter. 45 million is our cap in 09 and who becomes a free agent LeBron James, Carmello Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade... so we are in a "pretty good situation"

agree the 09/10 class of free agents looks good.. and u are correct as it stands now we are under the cap with a probable 10 players signed... actually it's 9, cause jerome ain't a player.. and no starbury, so 'if'.. big IF we sign lebron, the starting lineup mite be curry,frye,jefferies,jamal and lebron..

not so sure this is lebron's 'dream-team'

in any case that is 2 1/2 full seasons away, a lot can happen, but i look at the 'situation ' that we find ourselves today as not so bright for the near term, meaning improving now/next year into the elite class of teams..

i really don't want to wait till 2009/2010...