Raymond Felton Traded to the Knicks

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
So.....Someone with the resources, if you could please enlighten me on something.

Having added Felton for approximately $3.3M per season, if we did re-sign Lin at poison pill prices, would the tax penalty increment, or would it stay the same as it would have by just re-signing Lin alone?

I ask because Houston apparently are so desperate for a PG, they had Felton next on their list of Lin fell through.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;242097 said:
Sup ZEKE! :peace:

We roll the dice again, my good man.

I implore you to keep some of the faith, regardless of how we all know that underlying ****tyness still lingers like an onion ring fart.

We have our defense, too. I'm very happy for that.

I don't think Lin was the be all and end all of this 3 year window, and if he's mutinous, then he can eat a phat meat flute.

At least we won't have to listen to him rattle on about Jehovah any more, either.

Sup broheem? :beer:

Am I optimistic? I can't say I am. Do I still believe we would be far better off with D'antoni, and either not having traded for Melo, and still having Walsh, too; or trading Melo when we could have just prior to D'ant leaving? I won't front, I do.

But I am open-minded, however pessimistic I may be right now. I support and want a good, winning team -- if we have that, I will gladly extol its virtues and eat any necessary crow. And I will try not to rag too hard on anything until the season begins, and the reality of *all* these moves comes into play, once and for all.

I'm legit amiss though at Lin being mutinous? I thought NYK brass was proactive and clear in wanting the open market to set a salary for him, and we would then react off that (and presumably match most anything).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sup broheem? :beer:

I'm legit amiss though at Lin being mutinous? I thought NYK brass was proactive and clear in wanting the open market to set a salary for him, and we would then react off that (and presumably match most anything).

Optimism is certainly scarce when Jim Colon is involved, bruh.

I thought we'd have matched Houston's offer almost immediately, myself. Odd bit of behavior. It remains unsolved, this little phishy mystery we've got here.

We'll see what eventuates..........

What have you got your money on?

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;242117 said:
Optimism is certainly scarce when Jim Colon is involved, bruh.

I thought we'd have matched Houston's offer almost immediately, myself. Odd bit of behavior. It remains unsolved, this little phishy mystery we've got here.

We'll see what eventuates..........

What have you got your money on?

Indeed! James Colon is always one colon too many.

To hazard I guess....keeping in mind the *major* powermoves made on behalf of Melo (the deal itself, the ensuing decisions made to, and around, both Walsh and D'antoni), and that James Dolan, after a temporary nap under Walsh, has been re-awakened, and that his ego is the one thing he values more than making some more billions:

The behind the scenes questions about rifts between Lin and Melo were not exaggerated; and while likely NOT manifesting at the time, their personal feelings about one another (as well as MDA and Woodson) ran much deeper than any of us would have ever thunk.

By sheer default, this would pit Lin vs Dolan.

Melo-Woodson is Dolan's golden child. After what he has sacrificed and done to get, keep, and lock up both of them -- and for what will be the 3-year window that will define this franchise in this era of basketball, and Dolan's legacy.

During the negotiating process and window of Lin's free agency, I imagine the said rifts and underlying feelings manifested more (either within the confines of man's own self, or in physically manifested disagreement).

This + Dolan's ego thinking his master plan doesn't need the lingering horse and golden boy tethered to the MDA period, has him say **** Lin. **** paying the $ and poison pill contract, and **** him personally (and everyone else not in line with James this whole time).

And I'm sure this move wasn't something which would cause much grief or backlash from the two most important NYK personal and players to Dolan: Melo and Woodson.

My own Kiayspiracy. :peace:

WeReady

Benchwarmer
here is bill simmons take
Bill Simmons ‏@sportsguy33
After winning over the Asian community with Jeremy Lin, the Knicks now expect to win over fat people with Ray Felton.

and isola is speculating the we will still match lin's offer
Frank Isola ‏@FisolaNYDN
That said, I'll still be shocked if the Knicks don't match the offer for Jeremy Lin.

petescud

Starter
i mentioned recently that i don't think we are going to sign Lin for that kinda money, and i agreed with it. Too much $$ for a 25-50 game player who got shut down by Miami. I under stand miami does that to quite a few players, but it shouldn't happen to a player making 10 mil a year. Now that we have like 3 PG;'s, i think i was right. Lin is a goner

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Indeed! James Colon is always one colon too many.

To hazard I guess....keeping in mind the *major* powermoves made on behalf of Melo (the deal itself, the ensuing decisions made to, and around, both Walsh and D'antoni), and that James Dolan, after a temporary nap under Walsh, has been re-awakened, and that his ego is the one thing he values more than making some more billions:

The behind the scenes questions about rifts between Lin and Melo were not exaggerated; and while likely NOT manifesting at the time, their personal feelings about one another (as well as MDA and Woodson) ran much deeper than any of us would have ever thunk.

By sheer default, this would pit Lin vs Dolan.

Melo-Woodson is Dolan's golden child. After what he has sacrificed and done to get, keep, and lock up both of them -- and for what will be the 3-year window that will define this franchise in this era of basketball, and Dolan's legacy.

During the negotiating process and window of Lin's free agency, I imagine the said rifts and underlying feelings manifested more (either within the confines of man's own self, or in physically manifested disagreement).

This + Dolan's ego thinking his master plan doesn't need the lingering horse and golden boy tethered to the MDA period, has him say **** Lin. **** paying the $ and poison pill contract, and **** him personally (and everyone else not in line with James this whole time).

And I'm sure this move wasn't something which would cause much grief or backlash from the two most important NYK personal and players to Dolan: Melo and Woodson.

My own Kiayspiracy. :peace:

I like it! Kiyaspiracy....yes :lol:

I believe you shoot near the mark on this one, my dude.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Raymond Felton got fat because he wasn't motivated.

He was in a place (Denver) where he played 2nd string to Ty Lawson. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the dude went from borderline all star status with us to afterthought the next. That's gotta mess with your psyche.

Next up, he went to Portland, a team that was projected to be great but fell apart due to injury (Roy and Oden....I wish all the best for Roy in Minny though, hope he turns it around). Slowly, that team began to fall into the crapper. Look back at the Blazer's past season. They ALL had bad years, save for Aldridge and I guess Batum. The whole entire team decided to blow it up mid season and Ray Ray knew he wasn't coming back to Portland.

When Felton was motivated, when Charlotte made the playoff push, when Amare and him dominated the P&R for half a season, the man was a warrior. Questionable shot selection, sure, but he was a bulldog.

Say what you want about Melo, but he wants to win, and being around Melo and Kidd will lead Felton to be motivated.

I don't know what's going to happen with Jeremy Lin, and while this wasn't what I was expecting, I am nevertheless optimistic. The next three years are going to be pretty magical, guys.

Last edited:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Kurt Thomas?? Instead of getting younger and more athletic, we are putting together a geriatric team. WTF is Dolan thinking?

And can we stop this talk about getting CP3 in a SnT? We have no tradeable pieces that could possibly interest Clippers.

Lastly, I am happy that Felton is back but not too thrilled about him being a starter.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Kurt Thomas?? Instead of getting younger and more athletic, we are putting together a geriatric team. WTF is Dolan thinking?

And can we stop this talk about getting CP3 in a SnT? We have no tradeable pieces that could possibly interest Clippers.

Lastly, I am happy that Felton is back but not too thrilled about him being a starter.
LOL!!!
who said he was a starter!?

CoolClyde

O&B in the house

i think this was a great move. as much as i ragged on the Giraffe, he definitely found his niche,
and I'm sorry to see him go. But trading him and Gadzooks for Felton and Kurt Thomas is NOT a bad move.

I think the Knicks will still sign Jeremy Lin. WHY?
just to F*CK WITH HOUSTON C*CKETTES! We got Feltip, they cannot!

Having 3 true point guards (Young-Ling, medium-Fat Felton, and old man Kidd) who can
supplement each other, and keep a steady flow at the point is key!

Having ex-Knicks back in the fold (Kurt Tom, Camby, Felton) is awesome!
savvy vets, O&B!

either way, I'm very happy with these moves, I think Felton will get back in shape,
he's got enough time to do it, and motivation!!

Now we wait 3 days and sign Lin! or not...
c'mon Mr. Colon, suck it up and sign Spike Lin!! this team will be complete!!

PS: aw f*ck, I forgot about the Prigger!

Last edited:

NewYorkInferno

Benchwarmer
i think this was a great move. as much as i ragged on the Giraffe, he definitely found his niche,
and I'm sorry to see him go. But trading him and Gadzooks for Felton and Kurt Thomas is NOT a bad move.

I think the Knicks will still sign Jeremy Lin. WHY?
just to F*CK WITH HOUSTON C*CKETTES! We got Feltip, they cannot!

Having 3 true point guards (Young-Ling, medium-Fat Felton, and old man Kidd) who can
supplement each other, and keep a steady flow at the point is key!

Having ex-Knicks back in the fold (Kurt Tom, Camby, Felton) is awesome!
savvy vets, O&B!

either way, I'm very happy with these moves, I think Felton will get back in shape,
he's got enough time to do it, and motivation!!

Now we wait 3 days and sign Lin! or not...
c'mon Mr. Colon, suck it up and sign Spike Lin!! this team will be complete!!

PS: aw f*ck, I forgot about the Prigger!
We got to add Kmart as well. Then another SG i suppose.

WeReady

Benchwarmer

CP3 to the knicks is a very real possibility now that melo and cp3 are holding hands in vegas
Jared Zwerling
‏@JaredZwerling

Melo & Chris Paul walked through media room here in Vegas & Melo said, referring to CP3, "You'll see him in NY in a couple years."(smiling).

Melo dose not t want Lin stealing his shine or him on the team period. the. end.
expect a deadline trade of some sort

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Melo dose not t want Lin stealing his shine or him on the team period. the. end.

Melo never has to worry about Lin replacing him as the top dog in New York. CP3, OTOH, might do that.

How is this team going to beat Miami with a fat and slow PG backed up by a old and slow PG?

WeReady

Benchwarmer
Sam Amick
‏@sam_amick

Conflicting info out there, but source insists Raymond Felton's deal with New York will pay him approximately $18 million over four years.

i don't know what to make of it really thats way too much for someone who bombed last season

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
CP3 to the knicks is a very real possibility now that melo and cp3 are holding hands in vegas
Jared Zwerling
‏@JaredZwerling

Melo & Chris Paul walked through media room here in Vegas & Melo said, referring to CP3, "You'll see him in NY in a couple years."(smiling).

CP is another pipe dream! What trading assets do we have with CP3?

CP will demand a max contract, at least 20 mil/year. Mind you, he just turned down a 3-year 60 million from Clips. If you suggest Lin and he makes 5mil/year. Where is the rest of 15 mil? Lin+Tyson for CP3?

We CAN'T keep Stat, Melo, Tyson, and CP3 on the same roster. Cap wont allow it. And I am sure Clippers want nothing to do with Stat.

NBA is not about buddy buddy playing together. It's all about money and cap. If you think CP is buddy enough with Melo and will play for anything less than 20 mil/year, you are sorely mistaken.

The best way CP play for the Knicks is to pull a Melo: just refuse to sign extension other than Knicks next year. I am sure Melo can teach plenty in that!