Potential Coaching Candidates

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I've seen enough of former Knicks players that make a huge coching career, I'd say give Patrick Ewing a chance.

Unless we could get Phil Jackson, it is time to give Ewing his shot.

I mentioned this in another thread yesterday...nobody gave it any play. :beer:
I proposed he could bring back Oak and Mase with him to the staff. At least if we got in a bench-clearing scrap we'd be good to go.

quiggle

Starter
if some of these coaches yall really care about then dont recommend them because they will come to the Knicks and leave with more ulcers and grey hairs then rings, better off nominating someone whod you like to see get puppeted around. man I still wish to this day in 2004 Mike Fratello came here instead of Lenny Wilkins

KBlack25

Starter
No offense, but how do you judge how adept or inept a bench coach is unless you have access to practice? I mean, do we REALLY have any idea what Phil Weber brings to the table? Just sayin'

Because Dwight Howard hasn't really improved his play much since Patrick came in.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
Because Dwight Howard hasn't really improved his play much since Patrick came in.
So the fact that Howard can't hit a turn-around baseline jumper is Ewing's fault? Dwight is the best center in the game regardless of the fact he just can't do much more than dunk. Ewing can't MAKE him practice, or want to hit J's...that's on him.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
So the fact that Howard can't hit a turn-around baseline jumper is Ewing's fault? Dwight is the best center in the game regardless of the fact he just can't do much more than dunk. Ewing can't MAKE him practice, or want to hit J's...that's on him.

Well the fact that we can't hit wide-open 3s is the coach's fault...

Ewing was brought in there to teach the big man some low post moves - he hasn't evolved at all until he worked with Olajuwon.

Edit: The only evidence we have of Ewing's ability really is in his coaching or lack there of in Orlando. I'm not saying he won't be a good coach - I'm just saying there's no proof that he is.

Toons

is the Bo$$
mark jackson man, dude holds everyone accountable. i cant believe we let jackson slip away

nyk_nyk

All Star
Eddy Curry.

Maybe he just wants to coach and doesn't care about all that rebounding and playing defense.