Knicks V Celts - Season Opener - Dec 25, 12:00

For A Rep Point - Worth 9 Points Total - Predict Melo & STAT's Combined Point Total

• Total voters

Wargames

Starter
C'mon we were up 19 POINTS!

of course anything is possible, but under normal circumstances, nineteen should equal victory.

We see them again in Boston February 3rd...

we'll see what's up then. For now it's to the West Coast.

By then hopefully the Knicks will have a complete active roster

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bostonians are talking only about how good Rondo was. I understand he's one of the best point guards in the NBA, but how is that possible that they didn't notice that we do not have any real point guard at the moment? No word about Baron being injured, everyone just feels good about Rondo's numbers. They don't realize that if you put Davis, a veteran point guard, one of the best active passers, against Rondo, he would never make his 31 points and God knows how many assists. And with Davis playing Amare would score around 30 points, not to forget Chandler constantly getting alley-oops and making way more than his 9 points. I know, Pierce didn't play either, so we're even, but how for Christ sake can you keep sucking Rondo's dick and saying the Knicks won only because Pierce was injured?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
What a treat!

Melo's my current favorite Knick, and Baron will probably be tied as my current favorite. When he comes back things are gonna get brutal for the rest of the league!

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;191627 said:
An excellent, excellent point. Over compensation.

Hmmmmm. I don't think STAT is defensively prepared. He just isn't. He needs to go through the learning process again. Physically, he's perfect at the 4 defensively. Ty Chandler will make his salary in PT and tutelage this year.

:agreed:

We've seen the seeds of a defensive transformation on this team already.

That groundwork will only get stronger. When you have what many consider the worst backcourt in the NBA, you can't expect there to not be things ****ing up, especially after that lockout. That we still beat the 'dicks? Yes, please; more please.

We are seeing our Knicks at their *utmost* disarray and point of weakness. Cohesion, consistency, and our most potent blend of lethalness is yet to come.

Imagine what the 'dicks would look like if you took away Rondo? (whose offense alone gave them the luxury of trying to compete with us and win) Give those fools a healthy Pierce and even Perkins and they'd look like shit without a true facilitator like Rondo.

Shumpert was a brilliant pick to me. You ask about Rose, Rondo, Lebron....Shumpert is here to be that athletic freak in the backcourt while we have Chandler up front, who can guard all those bastards, and still being an aggressive threat to score.

Think a juiced up Tony Allen expectation and career when Knicks drafted him. Anything better, gravy.

I'm sure the plan was for him to get quality minutes while Baron is out, and to a point where come playoffs we have a potentially game changing impact on the defensive end and give us a puncher's chance of winning a title this year.

Shumpert as our 6th man, with Fields playing the role of the rebounding, hustling SG who can nail his jumpers with corner range, spreading the floor for Melo and Amare to do their thing. With Douglas thrown into the max as further bench spark and scoring combo guard.

Knick brass knows we are going to have our MLE's going forward to perfect the team's PG slot; they know that with D'antoni we don't need to bring in a superstar PG to have him turn into a superior, starting PG either; and that we have stashed away a stable of uniquely skilled, young 2's to find our SG and backup guard from.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Whats up my fellow knicks? I hav'nt been on much but will now b/c of the season has started.I hav'nt watched the game yet but getting ready to.I watched the last six minutes or so and was nervous but glad we came out with the win. I heard that we got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and got us behind.What was it bostons defense or did the knicks just get cold.

Anyways im glad to be back talking to all my fellow knick fans and look forward to a great season.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Whats up my fellow knicks? I hav'nt been on much but will now b/c of the season has started.I hav'nt watched the game yet but getting ready to.I watched the last six minutes or so and was nervous but glad we came out with the win. I heard that we got destroyed in the 3rd quarter and got us behind.What was it bostons defense or did the knicks just get cold.

Anyways im glad to be back talking to all my fellow knick fans and look forward to a great season.
Poor defense and our bench playing weak hoops. Carmelo and Toney got into foul trouble and Imax got injured. We were outscored by Rondo and outboarded by Bass. That's a short description of the Q3.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Poor defense and our bench playing weak hoops. Carmelo and Toney got into foul trouble and Imax got injured. We were outscored by Rondo and outboarded by Bass. That's a short description of the Q3.

Thanks for the info and I just read on twitter that Iman Shumpert out 2 to 4 weeks according to Knicks. Jared Jeffries out 1 to 2 weeks.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
All I gotta say is, if you STILL think the Carmelo trade wasnt the right move for this team. then STFU! Melo baby saving the day, My favorite Knick since Ewing baby

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Walker = invisible.

I'd agree with you.....

..but Walker was the one who got his hand in the face of Garnett on the last shot. Without that hand, most likely a bucket.

I liked to see Walkers hustle tonight..... I mean come on, it was his first game action of the year bc he's been injured.

WANT TO SEE MORE JORTS!!! AND TONEY D CAN'T DRIBBLE DRIVE PASS worth a damn.

CA7

Scoring Champ
@CA7: you forgot about the refs making calls against the C's. :lol:

How could I forget that :boohoo:

Out of all the contenders we are the most incomplete. We lack an ideal 2 Guard for our team but Fields is doing the best he can. We dont have a true PG, while Shumpert can be that I like his role for him. I hope either Bill Walker turns into JR Smith with Defense cause that would be great, but do you notice he always pushes off and gets called for that offensive foul when he attacks the rim

iSaYughh

Starter
I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.

LOL?

What r you talking about? Rondo? Average?

He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.

CA7

Scoring Champ
LOL?

He's one of the best, most aware passers and able facilitators in the NBA. That is not able to be disputed. And when you play PG, that makes you extremely good. He is also one of the best rebounders, ball thiefs, and defenders at his position.

That he has had quality players around him isn't a neg, either -- it's just showed that he is able to work with good players and stars and lead them to the promised land as distributor.

Holy shit, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Holy shit, if that was average Rondo I'd hate to see him on his game I mean lets be real, all the critics and haters can say our win was not impressive but lets not turn into them. Rondo kicked our ass but we still won.
Or maybe we defended him badly for most of the game.

Don't get me wrong, he did have some good and impressive plays, and average maybe exaggerating, but this is a guy they wanted to trade, for another PG. If he was anywhere near elite the Celtics wouldn't be worrying about their future as much and Ray Allen wouldn't be taking wrongful shots at David West for choosing the Pacers over them.

Last edited:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
This was such a great game. My hands were literally shaking by the end of it. Rondo is top 3 PG in the game. No one has a more acute awareness of everything that is going on on the court.

Yeah we could have guarded him better; but, make no mistake, he does this to 95% of the people who guard him.

smokes

Huge Member
Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory :lol:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I hope there's other people who weren't impressed by Rondo's play. His stats don't indicate how average he really is.

Dude seriously you and these other people that keep underrating Rondo just need to stop.

LOL?

I don't get it either. You don't put up numbers like that and make the type of plays he makes w/out the mind and skills to make it happen. These people who doubt Rondo don't know what there seeing on the court.

Damn had to avoid the forums for an entire day so I could watch the game without knowing the result! What a nailbiter!

We definitely miss a PG but there was plenty of positives to take from the game. Was played pretty smartly down the stretch even by notorious "give the game away" D'Antoni!

Lol at KG getting his panties in a twist after the game what a sweet victory :lol:

Yea i had to stay away as well. Finally got to finish watching dvr recording. Awesome win! Melo was such a beast and Chandler really holds everything together defensively. This teams going places. :peace: