2013 NBA draft (rev 2.0)

Rob Low

Rotation player
I'm officially on the Ricky Ledo bandwagon. If we can take Muscala at 24 and buy or trade for a pick and get Ledo, i would be ecstatic.

Rob Low

Rotation player
you think he could replace JR? I heard he's really talented. I wonder how his defense is.

On the defensive end, things were somewhat of a mixed bag for Ledo, not unlike what we observed the last time we saw him, but the highs were much higher this time, as he showed multiple prolonged flashes of high focus, high effort, and strong vocal leadership with his teammates. He's capable of being a very good defender both on and off the ball, and certainly is at times, but there are still times when he can get frustrated and not put in the effort on this end of the court, particularly when things aren't going well for him offensively.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2VriEr8kE
http://www.draftexpress.com

From what i've read he has the potential to be a good defender with a little bit off work. I've also read a lot of scouts say he's the best natural scorer in the draft. If you watch his videos you can tell he's very skilled offensively. Good handles,good shot, and there's even talk of him playing some point because he's such a good shot creator for others. If it wasn't for his attitude he's be getting taken a lot earlier. I personally would take him over Jr.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Here's a video of him going up against Wall like a year ago. You can tell his game is gonna translate well to the NBA game.

moneyg

Starter
Congrats on an entire paragraph of falseness.

Draft picks don't hold that much value, especially in the 20s teams have traded for draft picks just for money.

Knicks have a lot of assets since their a top 3-4 team in the East. This isn't the Charlotte Bobcats or Isiah Knicks, we have good players.

Who said they're trading Shumpert? You're an idiot.

You see a major drop off because you haven't done your research. You can't even dream because you brain is fill with nothing. Wolters is the only prospect you can think of? Get out of this thread.

You can't even spell difference....infact, you type like a fat guy who just orgasmed off of eating a cinnabon...recovering from your orgasm and come to this forum and correct your paragraph. It's poorly spelled and you make no sense.

This isn't twitter, you can't hashtag words, you imbecile.

this dude is a clown.... u must not have read my previous post... doesnt take much brains to work for the MTA does it??? i can guarantee even if i dont take time to spell works correctly on a blog.. my level of intelligence is far beyond yours.. as well as my pay..so stick to working OT for time and a half....while i continue to make million dollars decisions and focus on retireing by 45...

so again... metrobus... how do you suspect we trade up.. we got zero players on this squad outside of melo, felton, chandler and shumpet that another team would want.. we cant trrade jr or copeland or prigioni.. so if u were mr grunwald.. what would your pieces be????... its a simple question that you can not answer... instead u try to throw insults around to create a smoke and mirror effect...when in fact it screams..childish..imature...low self esteem... lets focus on the topic...not the garbage littel man...i'll pray for you that one day you can look in the mirror and be proud of yourself.. #Facts....

moneyg

Starter
this dude is a clown.... u must not have read my previous post... doesnt take much brains to work for the MTA does it??? i can guarantee even if i dont take time to spell works correctly on a blog.. my level of intelligence is far beyond yours.. as well as my pay..so stick to working OT for time and a half....while i continue to make million dollars decisions and focus on retireing by 45...

so again... metrobus... how do you suspect we trade up.. we got zero players on this squad outside of melo, felton, chandler and shumpet that another team would want.. we cant trrade jr or copeland or prigioni.. so if u were mr grunwald.. what would your pieces be????... its a simple question that you can not answer... instead u try to throw insults around to create a smoke and mirror effect...when in fact it screams..childish..imature...low self esteem... lets focus on the topic...not the garbage littel man...i'll pray for you that one day you can look in the mirror and be proud of yourself.. #Facts....

i also posted my original anlaysis on the 2013 draft below for those that have missed it..

"as far as the draft goes.. i dont see any real valus at 24 unless we can get dieng... but it appeasr he will be off the board by then.. if we cant trade up then it is probably best that trade down and get some picks latter in the first round and in the second..

i mostly ingtrigued by nate wolters.. everything you need in a PG.. while his defense is not great.. neither has steve nash been know for his defense .. and he turned out to be an MVP....

i also like pierre jackson and ray mccullam for PGs
bigs.. i like muscalla and interested in aj matthews... also like the do dilegence on gani lawal in FA.. we need toughness..
sleeper could be ricardo lido"

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
For what it's worth draft express has us taking Schroeder at 24. I could live with that pick.

Here's the full list:

1 Cavaliers Nerlens Noel C Kentucky, Freshman
2 Magic Ben McLemore SG Kansas, Freshman
3 Wizards Otto Porter SF Georgetown, Sophomore
4 Bobcats Alex Len C Maryland, Sophomore
5 Suns Victor Oladipo SG Indiana, Junior
6 Hornets Anthony Bennett PF UNLV, Freshman
7 Kings Trey Burke PG Michigan, Sophomore
8 Pistons C.J. McCollum PG/SG Lehigh, Senior
9 Timberwolves Shabazz Muhammad SF UCLA, Freshman
10 Trailblazers Steven Adams C Pittsburgh, Freshman
11 76ers Cody Zeller PF/C Indiana, Sophomore
12 Thunder Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG Georgia, Sophomore
13 Mavericks Michael Carter-Williams PG Syracuse, Sophomore
14 Jazz Shane Larkin PG Miami FL, Sophomore
15 Bucks Giannis Adetokunbo SF Filathlitikos, International
16 Celtics Kelly Olynyk C Gonzaga, Junior
17 Hawks Mason Plumlee C Duke, Senior
18 Hawks Jamaal Franklin SG San Diego State, Junior
19 Cavaliers Rudy Gobert C Cholet, International
20 Bulls Gorgui Dieng C Louisville, Junior
21 Jazz Sergey Karasev SF Triumph Moscow, International
22 Nets Reggie Bullock SF North Carolina, Junior
23 Pacers Tim Hardaway Jr SG Michigan, Junior
24 Knicks Dennis Schroeder PG Braunschweig, International
25 Clippers Allen Crabbe SG California, Junior

metrocard

Legend
Your mother is a clown, she got smashed out by a group of circus clowns...thats word on the street.

I read your post and it was crap. This one is worst.

MTA? I run my own business. I bet you can't even afford a metrocard...don't know why you call yourself moneyg. You ain't a g, and you got no money. Your level of intelligence? Intelligence is the biggest word you know and you don't even know how to use it. You're dumber than George M. who use to post here. I should slap you for being so silly.

How are you going to retire by 45 when you can't even spell retire? You probably still live with your moms, fatso.

I never said we're going to trade up, it was a suggestion. Do you know what suggestion means? I feel like I need to slap your stupid head with a dictionary to conversate with you. Man, you're stupid.

Felton is trade bait, so is Chandler. Only untouchables on this team are Shumpert and Melo.

Once again, fat tits...this isn't twitter. You can't hashtag words here and expect people to search and find what you're talking about. It's false advertising to hashtag "facts" when you speak none.

metrocard

Legend
i also posted my original anlaysis on the 2013 draft below for those that have missed it..

"as far as the draft goes.. i dont see any real valus at 24 unless we can get dieng... but it appeasr he will be off the board by then.. if we cant trade up then it is probably best that trade down and get some picks latter in the first round and in the second..

i mostly ingtrigued by nate wolters.. everything you need in a PG.. while his defense is not great.. neither has steve nash been know for his defense .. and he turned out to be an MVP....

i also like pierre jackson and ray mccullam for PGs
bigs.. i like muscalla and interested in aj matthews... also like the do dilegence on gani lawal in FA.. we need toughness..
sleeper could be ricardo lido"

AJ Matthews will be an undrafted free agent.
Ray McCullam is a 6"4 200lb SG.
Jackson is a 5"10 PG.

Wolters is decent, but his game will be questionable to translate to the NBA since he has slow feet on offense and defense.

metrocard

Legend
For what it's worth draft express has us taking Schroeder at 24. I could live with that pick.

Here's the full list:

1 Cavaliers Nerlens Noel C Kentucky, Freshman
2 Magic Ben McLemore SG Kansas, Freshman
3 Wizards Otto Porter SF Georgetown, Sophomore
4 Bobcats Alex Len C Maryland, Sophomore
5 Suns Victor Oladipo SG Indiana, Junior
6 Hornets Anthony Bennett PF UNLV, Freshman
7 Kings Trey Burke PG Michigan, Sophomore
8 Pistons C.J. McCollum PG/SG Lehigh, Senior
9 Timberwolves Shabazz Muhammad SF UCLA, Freshman
10 Trailblazers Steven Adams C Pittsburgh, Freshman
11 76ers Cody Zeller PF/C Indiana, Sophomore
12 Thunder Kentavious Caldwell-Pope SG Georgia, Sophomore
13 Mavericks Michael Carter-Williams PG Syracuse, Sophomore
14 Jazz Shane Larkin PG Miami FL, Sophomore
15 Bucks Giannis Adetokunbo SF Filathlitikos, International
16 Celtics Kelly Olynyk C Gonzaga, Junior
17 Hawks Mason Plumlee C Duke, Senior
18 Hawks Jamaal Franklin SG San Diego State, Junior
19 Cavaliers Rudy Gobert C Cholet, International
20 Bulls Gorgui Dieng C Louisville, Junior
21 Jazz Sergey Karasev SF Triumph Moscow, International
22 Nets Reggie Bullock SF North Carolina, Junior
23 Pacers Tim Hardaway Jr SG Michigan, Junior
24 Knicks Dennis Schroeder PG Braunschweig, International
25 Clippers Allen Crabbe SG California, Junior

I just hope Dieng or Schroeder drop to us.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I just hope Dieng or Schroeder drop to us.

I really hope we don't draft Dieng. I would rather take Muscala,Schroeder,Mitchell, or Ledo over him. I think he's gonna be a solid player but his ceiling isn't as high as the rest of those guys I listed. He's basically Tyson lite which isn't a bad thing but i'd rather take a risk and hope for the big pay off

metrocard

Legend
I really hope we don't draft Dieng. I would rather take Muscala,Schroeder,Mitchell, or Ledo over him. I think he's gonna be a solid player but his ceiling isn't as high as the rest of those guys I listed. He's basically Tyson lite which isn't a bad thing but i'd rather take a risk and hope for the big pay off

Wargames

Starter
T3RaBIc.png

Look the stats point at Muscala being at the top of this draft class. I love the fact the Knicks have kept the workouts a secret cause they know how the media will hype a good workout for the Knicks (Mitchell was being compared to Paul George after the rumor the Knicks liked him and that made 0% sense) but if muscala did his thing against whitey on Monday Knicks got to take him first round.

Also notice how high Wolters is.... Both players are being projected as second rounders simply because of their conferences but both show signs of being long term good NBA players.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
Your mother is a clown, she got smashed out by a group of circus clowns...thats word on the street.

I read your post and it was crap. This one is worst.

MTA? I run my own business. I bet you can't even afford a metrocard...don't know why you call yourself moneyg. You ain't a g, and you got no money. Your level of intelligence? Intelligence is the biggest word you know and you don't even know how to use it. You're dumber than George M. who use to post here. I should slap you for being so silly.

How are you going to retire by 45 when you can't even spell retire? You probably still live with your moms, fatso.

I never said we're going to trade up, it was a suggestion. Do you know what suggestion means? I feel like I need to slap your stupid head with a dictionary to conversate with you. Man, you're stupid.

Felton is trade bait, so is Chandler. Only untouchables on this team are Shumpert and Melo.

Once again, fat tits...this isn't twitter. You can't hashtag words here and expect people to search and find what you're talking about. It's false advertising to hashtag "facts" when you speak none.

truth be told.. i know for a fact thats your pops left ur moms and married some dude in the yard up north.. you know how yall do in jail.. funny stlye...

exactly what i expect from a fraud...answer the question of how you expect to trade up.. suggestions are only good when taking with reality.. and you are deep in a fantasy world..so ur saying we should trade felton and or chandler for some unproven rookie....u must be a nets fan...chandler was injured in the playoffs..he will be back to form next year like he was before he got hurt.. i feel bad for felton.. he is way better that that..unfortunately woodsons play calling for iso to melo impacts his game....

lastly...i guess its easy to say things on this site when you know you cant back it up in reality...thats what the private message option is for metrohomocard.. i guess ur father taught u well. would luv the fact to smack you around so i can post the statement and order of protection on this site from police so i dont hurt u no more...they all talk tuff...then they call the cops when the heat is on....talk is cheap..lets talk ball...not small..

Oldtimer

Rotation player
The analytics Wargames posted are certainly interesting. I have no idea how they were derived but trust that there was at least some logic behind them. I note that a number of prospects were not listed, e.g., Schroeder, Nogueira and Antetokounmpo (this appears to be the correct English spelling because it accurately replicates the Greek letters of his actual name). I am somewhat circumspect about "statistics," recalling Mark Twain's grading of lies -- lies, damn lies and statistics. I am particularly intrigued by Antetokounmpo. He is listed as a long term project because of the level of his competition. He has huge hands, is already 6'9" although only 18, runs the floor extremely well, and handles the ball like a point guard. Is his "competition" worse than the competition in U.S. high schools? It seems here we can identify superstars before they are 16. I recognize that he may be a bust or perhaps just another Anthony Randolph whose apparent skills just never translate on the floor. However, he just may be a star.

Wargames

Starter
The analytics Wargames posted are certainly interesting. I have no idea how they were derived but trust that there was at least some logic behind them. I note that a number of prospects were not listed, e.g., Schroeder, Nogueira and Antetokounmpo (this appears to be the correct English spelling because it accurately replicates the Greek letters of his actual name). I am somewhat circumspect about "statistics," recalling Mark Twain's grading of lies -- lies, damn lies and statistics. I am particularly intrigued by Antetokounmpo. He is listed as a long term project because of the level of his competition. He has huge hands, is already 6'9" although only 18, runs the floor extremely well, and handles the ball like a point guard. Is his "competition" worse than the competition in U.S. high schools? It seems here we can identify superstars before they are 16. I recognize that he may be a bust or perhaps just another Anthony Randolph whose apparent skills just never translate on the floor. However, he just may be a star.

The stats come from apbr.org forum and those players you mentioned weren't counted due to playing overseas. Also I agree stats aren't everything which is why I believe the prospect has to do well in the workouts as well. As of right now muscala is my favorite prospect but if matched against whitey and he loses then you have to question him based on how bad he played in the tournament.

metrocard

Legend
You speak no truth. You fear it. Not man enough to be honest.
Knicks can easily trade up, jackass. Felton is a movable contract.
Felton and Chandler aren't that good in the first place and are replaceable.
Do you watch Knicks games? Chandler was playing like he's in his retirement season.
Felton is the most inconsistent and worst defensive starting NBA PG today. He defended horrible all season long until the playoffs against the Celtics. He got raped by George Hill and DJ Augustin. You have no argument here. These are guys who produce nice numbers, nice enough to be traded, but they won't help us improve into the future.
All rookies are UNPROVEN, so you stating it makes you look dumb. When a rookie proves himself and a team misses out, they look dumb. Just like when the Knicks missed their chance on guys like Ricky Rubio, Stephon Curry, Joakim Noah, Rajon Rondo, Ron Artest, Ty Lawson, and many other prospects that Knicks slept on. If a team really wants a player, they would trade up.

Pacers got Roy Hibbert via trade, and he's now the best defensive presence in the East and has lead Indiana as the best defense and a top 3 team in the Eastern Conference. It's simple minded people like you who don't know anything about NBA success in the NBA, success in life or even success with your own sex life being a fat out of shape low IQ untalented piece of crap...your self esteem is low, pick it up son.

metrohomocard is the corniest thing anyone has ever came up with here.
You seem like the lonely type.
You need a girlfriend man.
and if you want to smack me, come to World Wide Boxing Gym tomorrow at 4PM on Jerome Ave and 205th st and let's see your fat ass try it.

truth be told.. i know for a fact thats your pops left ur moms and married some dude in the yard up north.. you know how yall do in jail.. funny stlye...

exactly what i expect from a fraud...answer the question of how you expect to trade up.. suggestions are only good when taking with reality.. and you are deep in a fantasy world..so ur saying we should trade felton and or chandler for some unproven rookie....u must be a nets fan...chandler was injured in the playoffs..he will be back to form next year like he was before he got hurt.. i feel bad for felton.. he is way better that that..unfortunately woodsons play calling for iso to melo impacts his game....

lastly...i guess its easy to say things on this site when you know you cant back it up in reality...thats what the private message option is for metrohomocard.. i guess ur father taught u well. would luv the fact to smack you around so i can post the statement and order of protection on this site from police so i dont hurt u no more...they all talk tuff...then they call the cops when the heat is on....talk is cheap..lets talk ball...not small..

metrocard

Legend
rending Prospects: Augusto Cesar Limaby: Matt Kamalsky - Director of OperationsJune 12, 2013Augusto Cesar Lima had a disappointing season in Spain, but may have salvaged his draft stock this past week at the adidas EuroCamp in Treviso. What kind of prospect is he right now?

Augusto Cesar Lima, 6-10, Power Forward, Unicaja Malaga, 1991

1371042908.jpg

Matt Kamalsky

Nearly six years removed from leaving his home country of Brazil to sign with Spanish Euroleague team Unicaja Malaga,Augusto Cesar Lima is automatically eligible for the 2013 NBA Draft, having been on the radar of international scouts for what seems like forever. After missing much of last season with a back injury, Lima has filled a small role this year for Unicaja, which finished a disappointing 9th in the ACB. He appeared in 55 games, but played sporadically—just 10 minutes per game on average-- despite having become a naturalized Spanish citizen a little over a year ago and no longer occupying the spot of an import/American (non-European Union) player. He had somewhat of a bounce-back performance at this week's adidas EuroCamp, coming up with one strong game in particular in day two after fading in the first day and then sitting out the last day of action.

Augusto Cesar Lima Interview

Lima's intrigue as a prospect hasn't evolved much in recent years, remaining predicated on his combination of size, athleticism, and energy. Standing over 6'10 in shoes with a 7-foot wingspan, 9-foot standing reach and a solid 234-pound frame, Lima has the size and length to play either big man spot. He's a very good athlete whose mobility and willingness to bang on the boards allow him to impact the game with his hustle in spurts, particularly when his motor is running hot.

Offensively, Lima remains very limited, having averaged just 2.7 points over 10 minutes per-game this season, or 11 points per-40, the third worst rate of any player in our top-100 prospect rankings. Nearly half of his field goal attempts come on catch and shoot jumpers from the midrange, but most of his scoring is the result of his ability to finish off cuts, offensive rebounds and pick and rolls. Shooting 30% in the post and away from the rim as a jump shooter according to Synergy Sports Technology, Lima lacks consistent shooting mechanics and refined post moves. He doesn't have a consistent means to create his own shot with the ball in his hands and remains unpolished on the offensive end overall.

Lima does his best work on the offensive end when he's running the floor, setting screens, moving without the ball, and staying active. He doesn't have great touch around the rim and is not adept at finishing over defenders in a crowd, but his mobility and leaping ability make him a good target for lob and dump passes underneath. Capable of playing above the rim and finishing emphatically, Lima shot an impressive 60% at the rim this season.

Lima is a much more impressive defender than he is a scorer. Though he still has an occasional lapse in his fundamentals, and doesn't play with the same intensity all the time, Lima is a versatile defender when dialed in. Willing to bang on the block, Lima could stand to continue improving his frame to deal with stronger back-to-the-basket scorers, but he does a nice job inside the paint and going straight-up on the shot. Ranking among the top-20 per-minute pace adjusted defensive rebounders in the Euroleague this season, Lima can hold his own on the glass as well, although not quite to the extent that you might hope considering how limited he is in other areas.

Perhaps more impressively, though, Lima does a great job closing out shooters and defending away from the rim. Possessing good lateral quickness, he gets in a very low stance and moves his feet well defending the perimeter. His ability to show and recover on the pick and roll is impressive, and he could emerge as a rock solid player on this end of the floor with improved strength and seasoning, even if he isn't going to be a dominant shot-blocker.

Glued to the bench for long stretches this season behind former Magic draft pick Fran Vazquez and 2012 ACB Most Valuable Player Andy Panko, Lima had some nice moments in limited time this season, but has not taken a major step forward in his development the past few years to carve out a larger role. Having split time between the ACB and Unicaja's second teams for years, this was Lima's first season playing for the club's senior team full-time. The best stretch of Lima's career on paper came two years ago when he averaged 16.2 points and 11.2 rebounds per-40 minutes pace-adjusted on loan with then last-place Granada prior to turning in a couple of strong games among middling performances at the 2011 Eurocamp.

1370812461.jpg
adidas EuroCamp

Considering his relative lack of opportunity and improvement in recent years, NBA teams will have to ask themselves just what kind of potential Lima has on the offensive end. He doesn't have the best feel for the game and is clearly limited in the scope of what he brings to the table on that end of the floor, but his defense and rebounding leave room for optimism should he be paired with the right set of players and focus on the things he does well. His day two performance at the 2013 adidas EuroCamp was encouraging, and could put him back in the mix to get hear his name called late in the second round, but ultimately Lima isn't generating the same excitement he did a few years back due to his stagnant development and the question marks about his motor.

From DraftExpress.comhttp://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz2W3mwp66o
http://www.draftexpress.com