Melo to knicks, turned down by walsh

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I would have done it in no time! Gallo has improved lately but his shooting is still very erratic and mostly ineffective. Curry is just a fat contract we want to get rid off (oh the irony :thumbsup:) and Felton is the placeholder for a superstar PG (Paul/Williams).

All that for a franchise player...looks like a no brainer to me, even if Billups wanted a buyout I'd still give up Gallo and Felton for Melo any day!

Let Douglas start, he can at least defend (in contrast to Felton).

Melo to play Point Forward.

i agreeeee!!! Walsh blew it!!!!!!!!!!

KBlack25

Starter
i agreeeee!!! Walsh blew it!!!!!!!!!!

Patience. If the offer went from Moz, Gallo, Fields, Chandler, Multiple picks to that in 3 days, imagine what it will be in 9 days.

Negotiation 101 here - Nuggets OFFERED that deal, that indicates the realistic ceiling, that means they are WILLING to take much less...

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
Patience. If the offer went from Moz, Gallo, Fields, Chandler, Multiple picks to that in 3 days, imagine what it will be in 9 days.

Negotiation 101 here - Nuggets OFFERED that deal, that indicates the realistic ceiling, that means they are WILLING to take much less...

Agree 100%, I'm sure we aren't giving all that up. If Denver doesn't budge I bet Donnie brings in some help for the remainder of the season anyways. Might not be exactly what NYers expect after all of this but it will be beneficial to the team. Donnie knows what he is doing. I trust him totally.

The Nuggets are just being asses about the whole thing. It's all a bluffing game. I wouldn't be surprised is they didn't do a deal until the last second.

Here's a recent Quote from Peter Vecsey...

" Mercifully, this chapter shall come to a close in no later than nine shopping days. Either way, it says here, Carmelo Anthony gets left locally on the stoop of either the Nets or the Knicks. Contrary to what anonymous team officials allegedly are telling reporters, Anthony definitely will not be employed by the Nuggets after the Feb. 24 trade deadline. True, players can be dealt any time once their team?s season ends, but pitting the Knicks and Nets against each other in a bidding war will never be more advantageous than it is now. The closer Anthony gets to free agency, the less leverage, if any at all, the Nuggets own. Don?t believe for a second owner Josh Kroenke will take a chance on Anthony reconsidering the $65 million extension if he?s still a member of the Nuggets after the deadline, as he recently indicated. If Anthony were serious about re-upping for an additional three seasons, a commitment needed to be made long before trade negotiations went as far as they have. So, which suitor is it going to be, Knicks or Nets? I?m not even sure his employer or Anthony?s tattoo artist knows for sure. " End Quote

Hayato

Benchwarmer
The Nuggets are just being asses about the whole thing. It's all a bluffing game. I wouldn't be surprised is they didn't do a deal until the last second.

Here's a recent Quote from Peter Vecsey...

" Mercifully, this chapter shall come to a close in no later than nine shopping days. Either way, it says here, Carmelo Anthony gets left locally on the stoop of either the Nets or the Knicks. Contrary to what anonymous team officials allegedly are telling reporters, Anthony definitely will not be employed by the Nuggets after the Feb. 24 trade deadline. True, players can be dealt any time once their team?s season ends, but pitting the Knicks and Nets against each other in a bidding war will never be more advantageous than it is now. The closer Anthony gets to free agency, the less leverage, if any at all, the Nuggets own. Don?t believe for a second owner Josh Kroenke will take a chance on Anthony reconsidering the $65 million extension if he?s still a member of the Nuggets after the deadline, as he recently indicated. If Anthony were serious about re-upping for an additional three seasons, a commitment needed to be made long before trade negotiations went as far as they have. So, which suitor is it going to be, Knicks or Nets? I?m not even sure his employer or Anthony?s tattoo artist knows for sure. " End Quote

the nets because they have more to offer

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
???

Anyone think Donnie can swing something like this?

Successful Trade Scenario
Congratulations on a successful trade.

Due to New York and Denver being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. New York and Denver had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out unless trade exceptions were used for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Trade ID
Trade ID #5848408

Every trade made by fans is allocated a unique Trade ID which you can share with friends and fellow basketball fans to allow them to see your trade scenario.

Try Another Trade or visit our Trade Forum.

New York Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -5.1 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and -3.2 apg.

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH scope=col colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
26.5 year old , 6-8, 230 lb F from Syracuse
24.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.3 minutes
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
player_photo.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Nene Hilario
28 year old , 6-11, 260 lb C-F from CR Vasco da Gama (Brazil)
15.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 30.7 minutes
Ely_Melvin_noh.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Melvin Ely
32.5 year old , 6-10, 260 lb C-F from Fresno State
2.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.6 minutes
Flynn_Jonny_min.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Jonny Flynn
22 year old , 6-0, 185 lb G from Syracuse
5.8 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.3 apg in 19.7 minutes
Telfair_Sebastian_min.jpg
</TD><TD>Sebastian Telfair
25.5 year old , 6-0, 165 lb G from Abraham Lincoln High School (New York)
7.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 20.0 minutes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH scope=col colSpan=2>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry
28 year old , 6-11, 285 lb C from Thornwood High School (Illinois)
No games yet played in 2010-2011
Felton_Raymond_cha.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Raymond Felton
26.5 year old , 6-1, 198 lb G from North Carolina
17.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 9.0 apg in 38.4 minutes
Turiaf_Ronny_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Ronny Turiaf
28 year old , 6-10, 249 lb C-F from Gonzaga
4.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 18.6 minutes
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari
22.5 year old , 6-10, 225 lb F from Olimpia Milano (Italy)
15.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.7 apg in 34.8 minutes
Azubuike_Kelenna_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Kelenna Azubuike
27 year old , 6-5, 220 lb F-G from Kentucky
Chandler_Wilson_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Wilson Chandler
23.5 year old , 6-8, 220 lb F from DePaul
16.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.7 apg in 34.5 minutes
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
21.5 year old , 6-10, 210 lb F from LSU
2.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.5 minutes
Walker_Bill_bos.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Bill Walker
23 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G-F from Kansas State
4.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.3 minutes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Denver Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: +25.5 ppg, +6.4 rpg, and +10.3 apg.

<TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH scope=col colSpan=2>Incoming Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Felton_Raymond_cha.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Raymond Felton
26.5 year old , 6-1, 198 lb G from North Carolina
17.2 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 9.0 apg in 38.4 minutes
Turiaf_Ronny_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Ronny Turiaf
28 year old , 6-10, 249 lb C-F from Gonzaga
4.8 ppg, 3.4 rpg, 1.6 apg in 18.6 minutes
Gallinari_Danilo_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Danilo Gallinari
22.5 year old , 6-10, 225 lb F from Olimpia Milano (Italy)
15.9 ppg, 4.7 rpg, 1.7 apg in 34.8 minutes
Azubuike_Kelenna_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Kelenna Azubuike
27 year old , 6-5, 220 lb F-G from Kentucky
Chandler_Wilson_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Wilson Chandler
23.5 year old , 6-8, 220 lb F from DePaul
16.4 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 1.7 apg in 34.5 minutes
Walker_Bill_bos.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Bill Walker
23 year old , 6-6, 220 lb G-F from Kansas State
4.6 ppg, 1.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.3 minutes
Brewer_Corey_min.jpg
</TD><TD>Corey Brewer
24.5 year old , 6-9, 188 lb F from Florida
8.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 24.4 minutes
Koufos_Kosta_uta.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Kosta Koufos
21.5 year old , 7-0, 265 lb C from Ohio State
2.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 8.6 minutes
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=breakdowntable width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TH scope=col colSpan=2>Outgoing Players</TH></TR><TR><TD class=photo>
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Carmelo Anthony
26.5 year old , 6-8, 230 lb F from Syracuse
24.9 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.3 minutes
player_photo.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Nene Hilario
28 year old , 6-11, 260 lb C-F from CR Vasco da Gama (Brazil)
15.1 ppg, 7.2 rpg, 2.1 apg in 30.7 minutes
Balkman_Renaldo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Renaldo Balkman
26.5 year old , 6-8, 208 lb F from South Carolina
2.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.8 minutes
Ely_Melvin_noh.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Melvin Ely
32.5 year old , 6-10, 260 lb C-F from Fresno State
2.1 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.6 minutes

Minnesota Trade Breakdown
Change in Team Outlook: -20.4 ppg, -4.9 rpg, and -7.2 apg.

Curry_Eddy_nyk.jpg
</TD><TD>Eddy Curry
28 year old , 6-11, 285 lb C from Thornwood High School (Illinois)
Randolph_Anthony_gsw.jpg
</TD><TD>Anthony Randolph
21.5 year old , 6-10, 210 lb F from LSU
2.1 ppg, 2.4 rpg, 0.4 apg in 7.5 minutes
Balkman_Renaldo_den.jpg
</TD><TD>Renaldo Balkman
26.5 year old , 6-8, 208 lb F from South Carolina
2.6 ppg, 0.8 rpg, 0.4 apg in 8.8 minutes
Brewer_Corey_min.jpg
</TD><TD>Corey Brewer
24.5 year old , 6-9, 188 lb F from Florida
8.7 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.4 apg in 24.4 minutes
Flynn_Jonny_min.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Jonny Flynn
22 year old , 6-0, 185 lb G from Syracuse
5.8 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 3.3 apg in 19.7 minutes
Telfair_Sebastian_min.jpg
</TD><TD>Sebastian Telfair
25.5 year old , 6-0, 165 lb G from Abraham Lincoln High School (New York)
7.8 ppg, 1.3 rpg, 3.1 apg in 20.0 minutes
Koufos_Kosta_uta.jpg
</TD><TD class=even>Kosta Koufos
21.5 year old , 7-0, 265 lb C from Ohio State
2.7 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 8.6 minutes

Trade ID#5848408

I would be able to handle that a bit more than giving Ray for an aging Billups who doesn't want to be here. Bassy's and Ely's contract's both expire this summer. We get Melo and a solid defensive minded rebounding 5 man finally.

Dam dude GET A LIFE I did not even read it casue why waste my time....all you fake azz gm's need to relax either we get melo for gallo curry randolph and thats it or we hold fast and wait till f/a if Melo wants to win he will wait if not F him and Denver and any of you who don't agree. WTH do we have to get raped I will take this team and a 2nd round playoff exit the next 2 yrs and than gget HOWARD.........

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
well knicks and denver executives are meeting over the allstar weekend so a deal could very well go down; i still see Melo coming by the deadline i see a tentative agreement being reached on monday and a finalization follows shortly

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I'll take the Nuggets offer except I'll give them Chandler instead of Galo, and they don't get a 3rd starter from my team. That would be my final offer. Take it or leave it.

KingofNy

Starter
yeah..we aint gettin melo

+1

Donnie will NEVER give up D'Antoni's God son. Heck, I don't think their is a player in this league that the Knicks FO would trade Gallo for. This organization is so poorly run it's ridiculous. I'm tired of our FO f*cking this team up. Get ready for another 5 years of borderline medicrocity because that's the best our team will ever be. You guys better just forget about all this Melo hype, he ain't coming here.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
+1

Donnie will NEVER give up D'Antoni's God son. Heck, I don't think their is a player in this league that the Knicks FO would trade Gallo for. This organization is so poorly run it's ridiculous. I'm tired of our FO f*cking this team up. Get ready for another 5 years of borderline medicrocity because that's the best our team will ever be. You guys better just forget about all this Melo hype, he ain't coming here.

You have to have a little patience. When you are negotiating you can't always take the first offer you get because usually they will high ball you to try to get more out of you.

Toons

is the Bo$$
If its true. Foolish move by walsh.

Its basically a gallo for melo straight up. Billups and felton cancel eachother out.

Also, if we don't pickup billups option for next year, we would have more flexability this summer and he can go back to denver in the summer

That said, bilups would play here. Denver doesn't want to be the one to not exercise his team option, so there no hard feeling towards mgmt and he can return there and roll into a front office job

Walsh. You gotta do this. Seems like the best trade we can get without gutting our roster

For the stretch

Bilups
Fields
Melo
Amare
Tmoz-baron

I'm ready to roll with that to finish up this year.

This is a good lineup.

Far better than the one we will be sending out next game

Billups can be key in the post season. And we might shock some people.

Do it donnie

fields would likely be the 3rd starter. good move by walsh

KingofNy

Starter
You have to have a little patience. When you are negotiating you can't always take the first offer you get because usually they will high ball you to try to get more out of you.

I understand what you're saying but everyone knows that Denver wants Gallo and our FO would rather keep Gallo than trade him for anyone. Family and business doesn't mix and that's exactly what's happening to us. Anyone we have other than Stat should be trade-able at this point...but how many times have we heard Gallo is untradeable? What kind of garbage is that? He's not an all-star and he's an all around streaky player at best.

Why can't we just offer them a fair deal already? Everyone here that thinks Melo is just going to leave that money sitting on the table when there's going to be no basketball next season is crazy. If we don't send them a realistic counter offer, Melo might really consider going to the Nets. We're just making his decision easier. If we don't get him within 7 days or so of the deadline I believe we're not going to get him.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I understand what you're saying but everyone knows that Denver wants Gallo and our FO would rather keep Gallo than trade him for anyone. Family and business doesn't mix and that's exactly what's happening to us. Anyone we have other than Stat should be trade-able at this point...but how many times have we heard Gallo is untradeable? What kind of garbage is that? He's not an all-star and he's an all around streaky player at best.

Why can't we just offer them a fair deal already? Everyone here that thinks Melo is just going to leave that money sitting on the table when there's going to be no basketball next season is crazy. If we don't send them a realistic counter offer, Melo might really consider going to the Nets. We're just making his decision easier. If we don't get him within 7 days or so of the deadline I believe we're not going to get him.

What you say here is very true and at times I feel like the organization does act like galo is way better than he is, but one thing you can't argue is that next to Felton and Stat, Galo right now is our 3rd best player on the team, at least in my eyes. I'm with you and don't want Galo to be the deal breaker either, but what's actually really killing me is Felton. I have never been high on Billups, and I'm never for trading a very young player whose numbers have been getting better every year. Keep in mind that they are also asking for a 3rd starter so that would mean either fields or Mos would have to go in the proposed trade in additon to a first rounder we would have to get from Minnesota probably by trading them Randolph. If the Knicks can somehow get rid of Chandler in the package instead of Galo and not have to give up a 3rd starter, then I think it would be a fair deal.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
How about this trade proposal?

Knicks get:
Billups
Melo

Denver gets:
Felton
Chandler
1st Rd Pick
2nd Rd Pick
Curry

I think that is more than fair.

Dario8676

Benchwarmer

Here is my problem with that article. Yes the Knicks are the num 1 scoring offense in the league, and when they score 110+ and are shooting on all cylinders usually they win the game. When the Knicks lose, it's because they settle for too many parameter/3pt shots and struggle. Yes the Knicks defense isn't great, but other than like 3, 4 teams in the league, whose defense is great now and days. Melo gives us a major element the Knicks are missing... Inside scoring and a better interior game. This is why i would hope to keep Galo because you don't want to get rid of the 3 pt element completely either, which by getting rid of Felton and Galo, u are doing.