Who should the Knicks have gotten this offseason?

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
-Backup Center- Camby

-3 Reliable PG's - Felton, Kidd, Pablo

-scoring punches off the bench - Jr / Novak

-Defensive plugin until shump returns - Brewer

I like the moves we made actually, but i would of liked to see us wrap up an extra shooter with that being said i would of replaced James white with.... lets say "Barbosa"

I'm still hoping we can nail Kenyon Martin we really need a extra backup PF as well, Kurt is a little old

Last edited:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I wouldve resign Lin/Fields/Novak before they couldve blinked an eye the first week of July (the trio of players future trade-value risen sky high).
I wouldve went full force after both Kidd & Ray Allen to be our 2012-13 starters (if no Ray, sign Brewer).
Plus I wouldve did the trade for Camby/K.Thomas/Felton.
If I couldnt find a team to sign n trade JR.Smith for a young bigman I would let JR.Smith walk.

Grunwald only showing interest in resigning Novak/Smith puts up a "RED FLAG" of question towards the Knicks organization on the cause n effect of "Lin-Sanity" .. Novak receiving a $14M contract for 4 years is crazy expensive.
cat-shock.gif

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I thought I was the only one that considered Ray Allen a perfect fit in NY. Im surprised it wasnt talked about more, its much closer to Rays home. He lives about a 15 minute walk from where I live and his mom lives near me too here in CT. And we coulda gave him a starting job, all the minutes he wanted. For the past 3 years i thought Ray would work well on this team.

Allen Iverson

I watched a 14 minute video last night on youtube with 100 Iverson crossovers. Dude was amazing

Kiyaman

Legend
-Backup Center- Camby

-3 Reliable PG's - Felton, Kidd, Pablo

-scoring punches off the bench - Jr / Novak

-Defensive plugin until shump returns - Brewer

I like the moves we made actually, but i would of liked to see us wrap up an extra shooter with that being said i would of replaced James white with.... lets say "Barbosa"

I'm still hoping we can nail Kenyon Martin we really need a extra backup PF as well, Kurt is a little old

I never understood the reason why the Denver Nuggets traded Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return during the 2008 offseason. Especially when Camby was the only defensive-player in the Nuggets 2007-8 postseason lineup of "Iverson, JR.Smith, Melo, Klienza, and Camby" .. Kenyon Martin were injured again for Denver's postseason games.

Barbosa wouldve been a great pick-up, and the best guard to come off the bench with Felton .. both wouldve favored Amare style of play.

It sure wouldve been nice to see strong-foward Kenyon Martin in a Knicks jersey, but for 6 seasons in Denver Kenyon Martin never fit well with Melo's game (LOL). It took Billups leadership in Denver to get Kenyon Martin to stay healthy for 3 straight seasons.

Kidd Karma

Benchwarmer
I never understood the reason why the Denver Nuggets traded Camby to the Clippers for nothing in return during the 2008 offseason. Especially when Camby was the only defensive-player in the Nuggets 2007-8 postseason lineup of "Iverson, JR.Smith, Melo, Klienza, and Camby" .. Kenyon Martin were injured again for Denver's postseason games.

Barbosa wouldve been a great pick-up, and the best guard to come off the bench with Felton .. both wouldve favored Amare style of play.

It sure wouldve been nice to see strong-foward Kenyon Martin in a Knicks jersey, but for 6 seasons in Denver Kenyon Martin never fit well with Melo's game (LOL). It took Billups leadership in Denver to get Kenyon Martin to stay healthy for 3 straight seasons.

Money deal, Nuggets didn't want to pay the lux tax. Nene had missed most of the 07-08 season. But he came back and showed he was good enough to go. Thus, having Camby personnel wise became a luxury with Nene and KMart supposedly healthy enough to compete.

KingCharles34

All Star
I wouldve resign Lin/Fields/Novak before they couldve blinked an eye the first week of July (the trio of players future trade-value risen sky high).
I wouldve went full force after both Kidd & Ray Allen to be our 2012-13 starters (if no Ray, sign Brewer).
Plus I wouldve did the trade for Camby/K.Thomas/Felton.
If I couldnt find a team to sign n trade JR.Smith for a young bigman I would let JR.Smith walk.

Grunwald only showing interest in resigning Novak/Smith puts up a "RED FLAG" of question towards the Knicks organization on the cause n effect of "Lin-Sanity" .. Novak receiving a $14M contract for 4 years is crazy expensive.

I cant believe I missed this post even after NYK Reloaded quoted it. Ummm this gets my vote for worst post of the year, your dead on about Lin and Novak. But even if your name was Bob Dole you couldnt be any farther off. I mite neg rep you later on tonite, Im not really sure what to do

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well if we matched Lin, regardless, we dont' need Felton, we signed and traded for Camby, signed Kidd outright, then signed and traded for Allen for the pieces we sent to Portland in the Felton trade.

LOL it always comes back to Lin!!!

no way Boston trades Ray Allen to The Knicks!!!

Plus they wouldve wanted more than what we gave to Portland for Raymond and Allen is like 10 years older!!!

Ray Allen wouldve have forced us to sacrafice a critical acqusition this off season and w/ Shump and Smith (now Brewer) in the fold it just wasn't worth it.

Now Ray Allen is better but this is similar to The Nets picking up Joe Johnson when they already had Marshon Brooks, they did not make a big enough upgrade at the postion to justify the move!!! And thats what Ray Allen wouldve been for The Knicks...and improvement yes, but at what cost?

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Not even September and he is making a fool of himself. Sign Landry and let Jr. Smith walk. Landry has done nothing since Melo got here nothinggggggg.

Kiyaman

Legend
I cant believe I missed this post even after NYK Reloaded quoted it. Ummm this gets my vote for worst post of the year, your dead on about Lin and Novak. But even if your name was Bob Dole you couldnt be any farther off. I mite neg rep you later on tonite, Im not really sure what to do

I cant wait .. the Raptors has a backcourt rotation that will beat alot of elite teams in crunchtime .. Caldron/Lowry/Derozen/Fields .. equal energy players.

Not even September and he is making a fool of himself. Sign Landry and let Jr. Smith walk. Landry has done nothing since Melo got here nothinggggggg.

Yeah yeah yeah, alot of peeps said the same about Amare

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I cant wait .. the Raptors has a backcourt rotation that will beat alot of elite teams in crunchtime .. Caldron/Lowry/Derozen/Fields .. equal energy players.

Lowry was a huge get for the Raptors. I'm still amazed that Houston just let him and Dragic walk. I think DeRozan and Lowry will tear it up this year, but I don't think they'll be taking down elite teams.

Yeah yeah yeah, alot of peeps said the same about Amare

That's because it is, to some extent, true.

Reactions: CA7