OFFICIAL Draft Brandon Knight thread!

*Shoots Great off the Dribble and on Open looks

*Can drive inside and get to the hoop to draw in the D

*a Good Passer

*Great in Pick and Roll situations

*Locker Room Leader

*19 years old!!!!!

Via NBADraft.net
Strengths: Big point guard with excellent size and speed and scoring ability ? Extremely fast player who excels pushing the ball up the court ?. Has a tremendous first step to get by opponents off the dribble ? Strong one on one player ? Excellent at driving to the basket, good body control, and a quality finisher on the move ? Very creative passer ? Quick decision maker ? A fierce competitor, really steps his level of play up in big situations ? High motor guy. Plays with a high level of intensity and passion ? Strong work ethic, constantly looking to improve both his body and game ? His body has seen an impressive transformation from his sophomore to senior year of high school ? Has an excellent jumpshot with range out to 3 point ? Good shooter off the dribble ? An excellent defender who uses his length and quickness to stay in front of his man ? Drew 2 changes per game as a senior in high school ? Very smart, engaging young man with a bright future ?

Weaknesses: A solid athlete but not a huge leaper ? At times tries to force the issue offensively instead of taking what the defense gives him ? Will need to improve on his floater in the lane. Many of his scoring opportunities in high school came from getting by his man and all the way to the rim where he rarely got challenged. He?ll have more to deal with on the college and NBA levels ? A little streaky. When he?s going well he?s deadly. But can go through slumps as he showed during the high school showcase all star games ?

Its funny because on our team his Weakness's are balanced out by the rest of the team.

I would trade Ronny Turiaf to Charlotte, Utah, or Golden State for there 1st and maybe a 2nd. Then i would Draft Brandon Knight and then would our pick draft Kenneth Faried or a C.

Also to all the Kemba/Fredette people both of them arent making it out of the top 9 picks. Utah has two first rounders and they love to draft white people, and Kemba is to good to fall past the 8th pick.

I think Brandon Knight is Cleveland bound.

As far as I know the Cavs have 2 top 10 picks in this years draft. Every mock draft I've seen has B. Knight picked in the top 10. The Cavs need a PG and a Swingman. They might pick Derrick Williams or Perry Jones plus Brandon Knight.

I also don't think Charlotte or Utah would trade Turiaf for a 1st round pick. That would be insane at this point. Ronny is a 15 mpg guy who's injured half the seasn...Nobody trades a lotto pick for him.

I'd like us to draft either Kenneth Faried, Trey Thompkins or Jordan Williams.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
I would trade Ronny Turiaf to Charlotte, Utah, or Golden State for there 1st and maybe a 2nd. Then i would Draft Brandon Knight and then would our pick draft Kenneth Faried or a C.

Also to all the Kemba/Fredette people both of them arent making it out of the top 9 picks. Utah has two first rounders and they love to draft white people, and Kemba is to good to fall past the 8th pick.

Why would anyone give you a high first round pick let alone a high first and a 2nd for Ronny Turiaf? You are nuts, maybe we can get a second rounder. Kemba also said he would like to return to school.

I'd like us to draft either Kenneth Faried, Trey Thompkins or Jordan Williams.

Jordan Williams is a beast! I go to umd and watch him play all the time but I dont think he would fit well in this offense at all. Yeah he can run the court great for a Big man but I just see him clogging the lane in our offense. I see him as more of a power forward than a center.

Why would anyone give you a high first round pick let alone a high first and a 2nd for Ronny Turiaf? You are nuts, maybe we can get a second rounder. Kemba also said he would like to return to school.

Jordan Williams is a beast! I go to umd and watch him play all the time but I dont think he would fit well in this offense at all. Yeah he can run the court great for a Big man but I just see him clogging the lane in our offense. I see him as more of a power forward than a center.
Brandon Knight is projected in the drafts Ive seen from the 11th to 15th pick.

thats nat an early pick. its a mid first round pick. I think we can get a mid first round pick for Ronny Turiaf.

NY17

Benchwarmer
I don't see Kemba being taken before Knight. Knight looks like a 5-8th pick while Kemba looks 8-10. Knight would fit much better with us and I would love to have either of them, but neither of them will see it out of the lottery, and most likely not out of the top 10.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
We need to draft Kenneth Faried.

NUFF SAID

Gonna have to agree with this man. Our problem that's more obvious is the pivot. Faired or Thompson (even though some stuff I'm reading about him makes Frye comparisons) would be the pick here. Maybe bring Jordan over although he never impressed me that much at Tulsa when I saw him 2-3 times a year playing us. Hopefully he bulked up a bit and can mix it up down low. We need boarders and guys that have that Rodman type intuition. Defensive rotational bigs would be good as well. Need more rebounds and blocks. Aside from that, Knight is now projected as a top 10 on at least one site I just checked. Did he declare yet?

To be honest I don't see why any team would ever trade a mid 1st round pick for a guy like Turiaf. You could probably just draft a guy at that spot who'll give you similar performances to Turiaf.

With that being said I wouldn't mind Brandon Knight, but I'm still for the Rubio bandwagon.