Must trade Lee, Balkman & Q for Artest

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
I like Lee but we already have Zach here. Know one can honestly say that Lee will ever be better than Zach or even as good as Zach...With artest we finally get a bonafide small forward who can play DEFENSE and shoot form the outside. Enough with all these young players. Two, we get rid of Q who I was a fan of but it's clear that his back is gone...He should just retire! This will only get us to the playoffs though. We'll still get bounced in the first round. In the off-season we need to focus on getting rid of Curry or Zach to get a shot blocker. Preferrably a Curry for Tyson Chandler deal. Once we do that we should be ready to compete! And we should pick up Hasheem Thabeet C from I believe its UConn. He's a 7'2" and a menace to lay-ups and drives. I'd like to see:

Marbury/Robinson
Crawford/Collins
Artest/Chandler
Zach/Rose
Chandler/Thabeet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CuJK47H3W0

and Jerome James and Jared Jefferies at the end of the bench!

Last edited:

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
There's nothing that Lee can do or bring that Zach and Artest won't. We aren't winning with him and his defense is suspect. He doest rebound but he can't block a shot. No one on this team can. And we need to legitimize the small forward position. We already have an above average PF. With Zach's numbers he could've possibly made the all-star team if the Knicks won some more games and weren't such a joke.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
probably not, tyson chandler isnt going anywhere

so we should just get Artest for Q, Lee and Balkman and wait for the draft to get Thabeet from UConn and try to get Okafur in a sign and trade! We'd have Okafur there to start at center and intimidate and Thabeet off the bench for more intimidation while he learns the pro game.

paris401

Starter
There's nothing that Lee can do or bring that Zach and Artest won't. We aren't winning with him and his defense is suspect. He doest rebound but he can't block a shot. No one on this team can. And we need to legitimize the small forward position. We already have an above average PF. With Zach's numbers he could've possibly made the all-star team if the Knicks won some more games and weren't such a joke.

scientists for many years have debated if 'the black hole' exists... nasa has spent billions of $$$ on telescopes/space stations and shuddles. i am here to confirm the existence .

'Dr' Thomas has found the 'black-hole', for the meager amount of $40m..

while i don't think "Dr" Thomas will be coach of the year, i do smell a nobel prize in his future... way to go "Dr".....

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
scientists for many years have debated if 'the black hole' exists... nasa has spent billions of $$$ on telescopes/space stations and shuddles. i am here to confirm the existence .

while i don't think "Dr" Thomas will be coach of the year, i do smell a nobel prize in his future... way to go "Dr".....

HAHA you gotta luv that!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like Lee but we already have Zach here. Know one can honestly say that Lee will ever be better than Zach or even as good as Zach...With artest we finally get a bonafide small forward who can play DEFENSE and shoot form the outside. Enough with all these young players. Two, we get rid of Q who I was a fan of but it's clear that his back is gone...He should just retire! This will only get us to the playoffs though. We'll still get bounced in the first round. In the off-season we need to focus on getting rid of Curry or Zach to get a shot blocker. Preferrably a Curry for Tyson Chandler deal. Once we do that we should be ready to compete! And we should pick up Hasheem Thabeet C from I believe its UConn. He's a 7'2" and a menace to lay-ups and drives. I'd like to see:

Marbury/Robinson
Crawford/Collins
Artest/Chandler
Zach/Rose
Chandler/Thabeet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CuJK47H3W0

and Jerome James and Jared Jefferies at the end of the bench!

i don't know about that.

Listen to the girl man you must be workin with Isiah as one of his protege's or sumthin. Kings want Lee for Artest so why would you give them extra by given them Balkman? I think they should keep trying to make deals centered around Balkman and hold onto Lee. Chandler can maybe replace Balkman sumday but whos gonna replace Lee? We need Lee to take minutes away from the black hole and McFlurry.

You got the right idea with the Curry for Chandler trade but New Orleans isnt this dumb, only you and Isiah are.

Lee might never average the numbers that Z-Bo can put up but hes much more of a team player and I would pick him to start over Zach any day. Curry is the bigger problem, I would pick Zach to start over Eddy any day. Lee is a keeper, may not be better statistically then Zach but his hustle and teamplay is sumthin we need more of on this team.

so we should just get Artest for Q, Lee and Balkman and wait for the draft to get Thabeet from UConn and try to get Okafur in a sign and trade! We'd have Okafur there to start at center and intimidate and Thabeet off the bench for more intimidation while he learns the pro game.

You got the right ideas, Im a Thabeet fan too but I dont think Okafor is comin to the Knicks and again why would you give the Kings Balkman when all they want is Lee?

Great post, this is why I voted for you twice. Its your asshole sarcasm that I love, You use to annoy me but I look forward to readin your posts now.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think David Lee, Renaldo Balkman,and Quentin Richardson for Artest is a great trade. It will shorten the Knicks Roster, which will allow for free agent signings in the off season. Also, it will help our salary cap situation, because Artest doesn't even make that much compared to a lot of the other superstars in the league. However, if the Knicks are serious about growing as a team, they MUST trade Eddy Curry. Curry's terrible defense will always hinder the Knicks from winning games.

nyk_nyk

All Star
However, if the Knicks are serious about growing as a team, they MUST trade Eddy Curry. Curry's terrible defense will always hinder the Knicks from winning games.

Agree. The center position is the last line of defense and as long as McFlurry is being useless on D teams will always sustain any run the knicks have during a game. It happens now and is the reason why teams are almost beating us by 20 near halftime. Curry doesn't make anyone think twice about taking it to the basket. Back in the day players saw themselves on the ground when they even thought about bringing it to Ewing and Oakley in the middle!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Agree. The center position is the last line of defense and as long as McFlurry is being useless on D teams will always sustain any run the knicks have during a game. It happens now and is the reason why teams are almost beating us by 20 near halftime. Curry doesn't make anyone think twice about taking it to the basket. Back in the day players saw themselves on the ground when they even thought about bringing it to Ewing and Oakley in the middle!
It's a shame how someone 6-11 plays so horrible on defense. Even Patrick Ewing(who is lightyears ahead of Curry in ability) would've never gotten his 2 NBA finals appearances, if he played like Curry does on the defensive end.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Listen to the girl man you must be workin with Isiah as one of his protege's or sumthin. Kings want Lee for Artest so why would you give them extra by given them Balkman? I think they should keep trying to make deals centered around Balkman and hold onto Lee. Chandler can maybe replace Balkman sumday but whos gonna replace Lee? We need Lee to take minutes away from the black hole and McFlurry.

You got the right idea with the Curry for Chandler trade but New Orleans isnt this dumb, only you and Isiah are.

Lee might never average the numbers that Z-Bo can put up but hes much more of a team player and I would pick him to start over Zach any day. Curry is the bigger problem, I would pick Zach to start over Eddy any day. Lee is a keeper, may not be better statistically then Zach but his hustle and teamplay is sumthin we need more of on this team.

You got the right ideas, Im a Thabeet fan too but I dont think Okafor is comin to the Knicks and again why would you give the Kings Balkman when all they want is Lee?

Exactly! Why the hell would we give both Lee and Balkman, when all they want is Lee.

Lee is definitely a keeper, but unless he develops a jumpshot, he will forever be a great bench/role player. That is the only reason why Randolph is a starter and Lee is not. I'm not a fan of Z-Bo, but I think he could be a good starter if he is surrounded by good defensive players and 3-point shooters (hmmm, sounds like Artest). Oh, and teach him how to PASS THE DAMN BALL!!!

I would love for Chandler or Okafor to replace Curry and play alongside Randolph, but there is no way anyone is dumb enough to take a lazy, no-defense playin', fat piece o' shit like Curry for hustle players like Chandler and Okafor. If we want to get rid of Curry, it will have to be for a team that already plays great defense and desperately needs a offensive-post presence (Chicago??).With that in mind, I wouldn't want Ben Wallace here either. I think the best option is to trade Curry for an expiring contract and 2nd round pick (Minnesota for Theo Ratliff is the best option I can think of).

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
No disrespect but Isiah is not going trade Lee,Balkman, and Q for Artest. Especially Lee and Balkman, they are the energizer on the team. Whne they are on the court, the Knicks get runs. And come Artest?!?! please. Artest has a big ego, he ain't no way thinking of going to the Knicks.(A team that can't even win with him on the inactivem list) That's a BIG Hell No.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Exactly! Why the hell would we give both Lee and Balkman, when all they want is Lee.

Lee is definitely a keeper, but unless he develops a jumpshot, he will forever be a great bench/role player. That is the only reason why Randolph is a starter and Lee is not. I'm not a fan of Z-Bo, but I think he could be a good starter if he is surrounded by good defensive players and 3-point shooters (hmmm, sounds like Artest). Oh, and teach him how to PASS THE DAMN BALL!!!

I would love for Chandler or Okafor to replace Curry and play alongside Randolph, but there is no way anyone is dumb enough to take a lazy, no-defense playin', fat piece o' shit like Curry for hustle players like Chandler and Okafor. If we want to get rid of Curry, it will have to be for a team that already plays great defense and desperately needs a offensive-post presence (Chicago??).With that in mind, I wouldn't want Ben Wallace here either. I think the best option is to trade Curry for an expiring contract and 2nd round pick (Minnesota for Theo Ratliff is the best option I can think of).
While I think that isn't a bad idea,Marbury and M.Rose's contracts become expiring contracts on July 1st. and that's when any real trades might be made.This year's deadline won't have anything happen unless Sacramento is actually worried that they'll lose Artest for nothing.

OAKLEY RULEZ

Benchwarmer
Artest is not the answer.

his attitude is not worth taking a risk on him. zeke took a risk on a talented malcontent, and he eventually swung at isiah on a plane to phoenix and the team has been shit ever since.

the only feasbile way i could see artest here is if steph ain't. it would be just a matter of time before them two would b at each others throat. steph, Z-bo, q-rich, Artest? why have another toxic player on this team, so we can get to 30 wins with even more off court drama playing out? Lee and Balkman ain't the all around players that Artrest is, but they ain't the head case he is either. if u like seeing the knicks on the backpages for melodrama and shame rather than winning, then you would love Artest as a knick.

:wallbash:

Last edited:
artest will do stupid things here in NY. We don't need any more NY-born players coming here. We already have Steph, and look what has happened to him since he arrived in NY.

nycefnl

Benchwarmer

you've made fabulous points! I agree with you 100%. I wounldn't mind getting Theo for Eddie! And trading Lee, Q and Balkmand for Artest. Then in the off season trying to get Okafur in here and Drafting the Ucon big man!