LA2NY Gameday Thread: Bulls Vs. Knicks 2-2-12

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i really thinkg mda was bombing on purpose so he could force the FO to get him a pg. now the offense has flow and were showing we could probably get by without one. it seemed like the bulls made every jump shot they took and if they miss just one of those we just beat the best team in the conference. with a little more time to gel we can get back to being one of the better offenses in the league.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
He knows his seat is HOT, he feels that HEAT under his ass, that's what makes him work more understandable.

Well yeah but still as a head coach you should be doing this every game fixing, improving on every aspect of your team's game, basically what im trying to say is that now that he knows he could soon be fired he starts to "work harder", "care more", he should of been doing this from the start but you know what i cant blame D antoni 100% because there was no training camp, shortened season, very few practices and a pretty new roster so but still you know

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol, 22 games into the season and still need "time to gel," if you haven't gelled in one third of the season under the current circumstances...it ain't happening.

These dudes all have established basketball games, it's up to the coach to put the pieces together to complete the puzzle, not reshape them to make the picture you want.

There is no more time to gel. That passed a while ago.

knicksin60

Starter
I honestly had no expectations of the game being this close, it was a very well played game against a very good team, just came down to the wire really, its so f***ing heartbreaking to lose, but you know what theres light at the end of the tunnel and both D antoni and the players were great today just couldnt get it done...

Melo could of made that oppurtunity better i mean he could of just gotten a little closer or run down the court quicker, f**k!!!!!!

For fcks sake were not even in the double digit wins yet i cant stand looking at 8-14 its so nooby i want to be over .500 ready... Smfh im tight right now this is the sh*t that makes me age faster lol

The Knicks prove that they're not even in the same category as the Sixers, Pacers and the T'Wolves. I have never seen a team with so much talent assembled fail this miserably to win games. The 98-99 Knicks throughout their struggles didn't look this putrid and pathetic.Sorry if I sound so anti-Knick but I lost all future hope for them when D'antoni wasn't fired after their six game losing streak.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo could have moved quicker but he was coming into 2 defenders he wanted to make a move but he was trapped no one was open only reason he got that shot off was they didn't wanna foul. We were screwed either way. bad calls by the refs, Douglas and Jeffries in the game too much, no Steve Novak when we need a 3, STAT and Melo got hacked like 5 times and got no calls

KingofNy

Starter
The one game where D antoni hypes his players up, calls timeouts at the right times and makes decent subistutions throughout the game ... Why couldnt he do this from the start of the season?? All the sudden now that he is in a very hot seat "he starts coaching better" smh

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :agreed:

This makes me want him fired even more. Why couldn't he of coached like this from the start?

AND

He still made BAD substitutions and questionable play calls BUT at least he coached for once.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I know that the knicks should be feeling a little stunned and pissed for losing, but they should feel confident for giving the best team in the eastern conference a hell of a game and playing a great game that came down to the very last seconds of it, not feel low and back to the low confidence, losing streaks etc, they gotta build on this....they should carry the confidence and great play to Boston tommorow and beat our arch nemesis the Celtics

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :agreed:

This makes me want him fired even more. Why couldn't he of coached like this from the start?

AND

He still made BAD substitutions and questionable play calls BUT at least he coached for once.

Idk bro this is the shit that makes me bang my head on the wall

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I know that the knicks should be feeling a little stunned and pissed for losing, but they should feel confident for giving the best team in the eastern conference a hell of a game and playing a great game that came down to the very last seconds of it, not feel low and back to the low confidence, losing streaks etc, they gotta build on this....they should carry the confidence and great play to Boston tommorow and beat our arch nemesis the Celtics

Yeah, no doubt.

Most teams in the league would KILL to be able to play the Bulls this close. This game literally came down to the last minute and we lost. It sucks, but this shit happens even to the good teams. This loss isn't really that bad, and the only reason why it feels terrible is because we lost to shit teams like the Suns, the Cavs, the Raptors, the Bobcats, and whatnot.

Kiyaman

Legend
I like the effort, hated the usage of the roster and the design of the play for STAT. D'Antoni out thought himself. Just because STAT can hit that shot doesn't mean you draw it up for him. You put Novak in and draw it up for him, or you give Melo or Fields (if you gotta be daring) that shot.

Yea STAT got a good look, and it's a shot he can hit....but he's 5-15 from three this season. Not the best option.

:agreed:
Putting Novac in wouldve been a much better strategy.......
We were down by 3 with 16 seconds left....Melo & Tyson couldve
screen for Stat to dunk....Chicago was not going to stop the clock
by fouling Stat.

What bothers me is - what if - the shoe was on the other foot, would
coach Thib go for the 3-ball shot (Kover) with 16 seconds remaining,
or would he have Rose quickly slash the lane for 2 points, then foul
the Knicks bringing in the ball giving Chicago the ball in the final 8 seconds.

skisloper

Starter
During every time-out today Dantonio was on one knee with his clipboard out addressing the team......A far cry from standing in the Love Circle with his brother and the other coaches away from the team.....

For the life of me I cannot understand his playing Douglas so many minutes....He made so many crucial mistakes with TO "s and fouls then missed crucial shots......Should have went with Walker or Novak......

CoolClyde

one D'ay closer to D'eath

good game by STAT, Fields, Melo, Chandler, tough loss. however, as usual...
substitution, mass confusion, clouds inside my head... (THE CARS)...
and of course...
pringles_giraffe.jpg

FAIL!

mafra

Legend
We lost this game b/c Carmelo choked again in the 4th. When it mattered most he was getting his shot blocked left and right. 2 points in the quArter? Another disgrace. we trailed entire game, and chi played last night while we rested. we split the next 2... running out of time people. Mt den friend was right tho. for every game winner melo sinks, he blows you 4 games w/ atrocious 4th q play. terrible loss.

mafra

Legend
We lost b/c out closer was MIA again. 4 points in the 4 (2 were meaningless free throws). There's your ball game. My pal from Den was right - for every game winner CA HITS, he loses you 4 games with his erratic 4th play. Anyway, chi played last night while we were home resting. The team desperately needed a win... amar'e and fields played well. game was there to win ... then carmelo clanks a shot, then misses quickly outles 3. he gets his shot blocked and then gibson blocks another... bulls win. Chi pretty much lead wire to wire. Our star choked again big time. just another brutal loss. 1-1 after bos-nj. yippee

CA7

Scoring Champ
We lost b/c out closer was MIA again. 4 points in the 4 (2 were meaningless free throws). There's your ball game. My pal from Den was right - for every game winner CA HITS, he loses you 4 games with his erratic 4th play. Anyway, chi played last night while we were home resting. The team desperately needed a win... amar'e and fields played well. game was there to win ... then carmelo clanks a shot, then misses quickly outles 3. he gets his shot blocked and then gibson blocks another... bulls win. Chi pretty much lead wire to wire. Our star choked again big time. just another brutal loss. 1-1 after bos-nj. yippee

lol wow you're blaming Melo figures YOU would, how about when Melo got us within 2 in the 3rd quarter and MDA puts in Douglas and Jeffries and they go on a 6-0 run, how about D'Antoni setting up and OOB play where STAT shoots a 3, how about the fact that we went to STAT every time in the 4th. How about the fact that D'Antoni didn't set up a play to get Melo the ball in a good spot so he can have some room to operate..............understand the real problem then comment on the game

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
lol wow you're blaming Melo figures YOU would, how about when Melo got us within 2 in the 3rd quarter and MDA puts in Douglas and Jeffries and they go on a 6-0 run, how about D'Antoni setting up and OOB play where STAT shoots a 3, how about the fact that we went to STAT every time in the 4th. How about the fact that D'Antoni didn't set up a play to get Melo the ball in a good spot so he can have some room to operate..............understand the real problem then comment on the game

i understand how much you love melo as a player but he did force to many shots in the 4th while amare and fields were shooting well

CA7

Scoring Champ
i understand how much you love melo as a player but he did force to many shots in the 4th while amare and fields were shooting well

I didn't say he didn't force shots, he attacked the rim which isn't forcing anything he got hit a few times, no calls, he passed the ball to Fields when he was open 3 times and Fields either passed up the shot because he couldn't get his release off or dribbled no where.

I'm not sayin he played good because he didn't but he's not the reason we lost but as usual you idiots dont see the real problem