I think Melo was exposed yesterday, and he will suffer a dramatic drop-off soon.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Until yesterday, there was this notion floating around the media and a lot of fans that Carmelo is a player closer to LeBron than to Tracy McGrady.

I don't think anyone thought Melo was on LeBron's level, but simply that, if you put their faces on a line, you would put Melo's face closer to LeBron's than to McGrady's on that line.

But all this was crushed yesterday. LeBron came in and did the dirty. Carmelo floundered like a fish.

To my mind, this comes down to their off-season work. LeBron, no doubt in my mind, works on his game and his body in the off season. Carmelo looks like he eats donuts.

With such a lax work ethic, I predict a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

Guy can still save himself, put some work in, and become a great player.

But the sun is setting fast.

Look, bottom line, this is our team. This team, as it is constructed, is what all the deals and trades were aimed at. I know Lin is out, but Lin might have made that game a 20 point instead of a 33 point laugher.

Knicks got blown the **** out by a team with two legitimate superstars.

Knicks got two fugazy stars.

Real talk.

Last edited:

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Until yesterday, there was this notion floating around the media and a lot of fans that Carmelo is a player closer to LeBron than to Tracy McGrady.

I don't think anyone thought Melo was on LeBron's level, but simply that, if you put their faces on a line, you would put Melo's face closer to LeBron's than to McGrady's on that line.

But all this was crushed yesterday. LeBron came in and did the dirty. Carmelo floundered like a fish.

To my mind, this comes down to their off-season work. LeBron, no doubt in my mind, works on his game and his body in the off season. Carmelo looks like he eats donuts.

With such a lax work ethic, I predicate a dramatic drop-off in Carmelo's play over the next few years. As he gets closer to 30 and then crosses that hill, he won't be able to overcome the donut eating.

Guy can still save himself, put some work in, and become a great player.

But the sun is setting fast.

Look, bottom line, this is our team. This team, as it is constructed, is what all the deals and trades were aimed at. I know Lin is out, but Lin might have made that game a 20 point instead of a 33 point laugher.

Knicks got blown the **** out by a team with two legitimate superstars.

Knicks got two fugazy stars.

Real talk.

Honestly, everytime i see you post i just skip over it because i know all you do is bash melo.

Almost 3/4ths of your posts bash melo or claim some outrageous statements. Are you even a fan?

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Honestly, everytime i see you post i just skip over it because i know all you do is bash melo.

Almost 3/4ths of your posts bash melo or claim some outrageous statements. Are you even a fan?

I don't really know how to answer this, because anything I say that is negative about Melo is automatically met with "HATER!"

It's not hate to call out what I see.

I'm a Knicks fan but what can I tell you, that Melo is the man? That it's all the refs fault, or someone or something's fault? I can't do that, man.

How do you think I feel about this?

Yea, I would be the happiest guy in the world if Melo came out and did the dirty, but he's not about it, that's the bottom line. There is a point where we will have to face the music, stop making excuses, and admit to ourselves that we have a massive clusterf*** on our hands.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I mean, yea, he did. But when you're The Guy like Carmelo is for us, it's really not enough to say that he rebounded greatly. It's almost insignificant.
Yeah, but it showed he was trying. It's also different this time. If Melo explodes in Game 2 after not having a good Game 1 last year, he won't be adjusted to by the Heat like Boston did last year because our team is deep. His effort was there yesterday, and it's not like we haven't seen Melo play well against the Heat recently, so this thread is pre-mature.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yeah, but it showed he was trying. It's also different this time. If Melo explodes in Game 2 after not having a good Game 1 last year, he won't be adjusted to by the Heat like Boston did last year because our team is deep. His effort was there yesterday, and it's not like we haven't seen Melo play well against the Heat recently, so this thread is pre-mature.

It was such a dramatic failure, I think. I mean just the degree of the ass whooping is overwhelming. You look at the list of games from yesterday and 100-67 really sticks out on the page.

Game 2, who knows, maybe they come out and play out of their minds.

But imagine if LeBron had a game like this in a playoffs game, and someone said "well, he rebounded well." I think we can agree that this would be an absurd thing to say about a guy like LeBron. But it's not absurd to say about our guy. And that's the difference.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
It was such a dramatic failure, I think. I mean just the degree of the ass whooping is overwhelming. You look at the list of games from yesterday and 100-67 really sticks out on the page.

But imagine if LeBron had a game like this in a playoffs game, and someone said "well, he rebounded well." I think we can agree that this would be an absurd thing to say about a guy like LeBron. But it's not absurd to say about our guy. And that's the difference.
I was part joking about the rebounding thing, because that's not going to get it done, however, it doesn't prove Melo was exposed. A lot of shots he usually hits were not falling, and a big thing was STAT and Baron's foul troubles. Melo made good passes freeing his teammates up, but the energy or whatever hurt the team because of all the fouls and stuff. Just give him a chance.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I was part joking about the rebounding thing, because that's not going to get it done, however, it doesn't prove Melo was exposed. A lot of shots he usually hits were not falling, and a big thing was STAT and Baron's foul troubles. Melo made good passes freeing his teammates up, but the energy or whatever hurt the team because of all the fouls and stuff. Just give him a chance.

Ah I see!

Alright, we'll give a chance. It's just very hard.

How do you feel about my assessment of his work ethic? I know we can't really know for sure what any given player does as far as working on his game, but by everything we can observe, what does Melo look like he does in the off-season? I mean, eat donuts is the first thing that comes to mind.

KingCharles34

All Star
Prime TMac and Lebron >> Melo

The whole year, honestly new york fans are just as dumb as any other fans. We aint no better or smarter then anyone else, just more arrogant if anything. To be honest I think that only Boston fans are worse then us

The whole year Melo has been catching hate. Some of it is deserved, but if Melo was exposed yesterday then what does that mean for Stat?

Knicks fans have been harder on Carmelo all year, showing how dumb and easily brainwashed some of us are by the media. AT times ill admit i have defended Melo only because of the amount of hate he gets, while most of u dont even bring up Stat.

Melo at least showed some heart yesterday, he rebounded but he was out matched. Lebrons a better athlete, not only this but the Heat were smothering Carmelo

Amare had a more favorable matchup but in 32 minutes of play he had 9 points and 4 or 5 rebounds, he shot 2-7

Ill also admit at times i have made hateful posts about Amare in an attempt to even out the Amare Melo hate.

At the end of the day both of them are underachievers, at least Melo is a star player earning some of his money but both will never earn the money that they're making. Both of them will never be as great as they coulda been. We'll be a solid playoff team at best, never a championship team unless if we get some great role players around them. We had our best chance this year but too many injuries and Linjuries. Next year, the supporting cast wont be as good.

Carmelo the Burger King Anthony and Amarknee the fashion Queen Faggotmire will be the reason why we're a playoff team but they'll also be the reason why were not a championship team.

*EDIT*

Ohhh yea, i didnt forget

1 Star and neg rep to the threadstarter, the worst new poster i have seen on Knicksonline since Eddy Currys House Special

Red

TYPE-A

Teams win and lose, not players.

That said, your opinion has no significant basis. Considering that Melo was named EC Player of the Month for the last month of the season makes you look as you suggested... like a hater.

Tysons 7 turnovers did hurt us; the 22 to 7 foul discerpency dodn't hurt us; the three straight shot-call-and possessions at the close of the 2nd qtr didn't hurt... it was Melo.

You look foolish. Stop while you can... possibly earn some respect and save what little reputation you have left. Eithe you can anaylze objectively or you can't.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Carmelo the Burger King Anthony and Amarknee the fashion Queen Faggotmire will
be the reason why we're a playoff team but they'll also be the reason why were not a championship team.

That's funny as hell.

*EDIT*

Ohhh yea, i didnt forget

1 Star and neg rep to the threadstarter, the worst new poster i have seen on Knicksonline since Eddy Currys House Special

But wtf is up with that? You basically agree with me! :smokin:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Teams win and lose, not players.

That said, your opinion has no significant basis. Considering that Melo was named EC Player of the Month for the last month of the season makes you look as you suggested... like a hater.

Tysons 7 turnovers did hurt us; the 22 to 7 foul discerpency dodn't hurt us; the three straight shot-call-and possessions at the close of the 2nd qtr didn't hurt... it was Melo.

You look foolish. Stop while you can... possibly earn some respect and save what little reputation you have left. Eithe you can anaylze objectively or you can't.

EC Player of Month means jack shit in the greater scheme of things. It's like an All-Star game spot.

KingCharles34

All Star
That's funny as hell.

But wtf is up with that? You basically agree with me! :smokin:

I do but you should have included Stat in this thread. They make about the same amount of money, they're about the same age. Singling out Carmelo got old a long time ago, its been going on all year. The media does it so all the brainwashed fans go along with it. I still cant figure out why the media gives negative Stats a pass

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ah I see!

Alright, we'll give a chance. It's just very hard.

How do you feel about my assessment of his work ethic? I know we can't really know for sure what any given player does as far as working on his game, but by everything we can observe, what does Melo look like he does in the off-season? I mean, eat donuts is the first thing that comes to mind.
Well I think he was training hard in the off-season, it might have nothing to do with his work ethic. He was also injured this season. He doesn't look overweight now, maybe he could lose weight, but yeah.

KingCharles34

All Star
Look everybody im sorry about what i said about New York fans, we do have some really smart fans. Everywhere u go u have dumb ignorant and easily manipulated fans. Thats universal, i would just like to challenge some of us New York fans and fans from everywhere that root for NY teams, to form their own opinions instead of copying what the media does or says. Mike Breen b*tched about Melo half the season but gave Stat a pass. If your gonna get on Melo's ass please get on Stats ass too no homo.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Look everybody im sorry about what i said about New York fans, we do have some really smart fans. Everywhere u go u have dumb ignorant and easily manipulated fans. Thats universal, i would just like to challenge some of us New York fans and fans from everywhere that root for NY teams, to form their own opinions instead of copying what the media does or says. Mike Breen b*tched about Melo half the season but gave Stat a pass. If your gonna get on Melo's ass please get on Stats ass too no homo.
Well you are right about the arrogance of fans. We do have a lot of smart fans, but I never liked the "smartest" fans in the world thing. Does New York have the majority of smart fans? Maybe, but that comes along with being such a big basketball city. It's arrogant to say they're the smartest when they'd boo Melo for posting up right after his injury instead of getting rid of the ball right away.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

It's not even like that. More Shit is heaped on melo because of the circumstances of his arrival in new York. He kicked a lot of dust up and with this comes great expectation and light from the spot lights.

Not to say that amare has not been wack sauce but It's a different set of expectations.

metrocard

Legend

The whole year, honestly new york fans are just as dumb as any other fans. We aint no better or smarter then anyone else, just more arrogant if anything. To be honest I think that only Boston fans are worse then us

The whole year Melo has been catching hate. Some of it is deserved, but if Melo was exposed yesterday then what does that mean for Stat?

Knicks fans have been harder on Carmelo all year, showing how dumb and easily brainwashed some of us are by the media. AT times ill admit i have defended Melo only because of the amount of hate he gets, while most of u dont even bring up Stat.

Melo at least showed some heart yesterday, he rebounded but he was out matched. Lebrons a better athlete, not only this but the Heat were smothering Carmelo

Amare had a more favorable matchup but in 32 minutes of play he had 9 points and 4 or 5 rebounds, he shot 2-7

Ill also admit at times i have made hateful posts about Amare in an attempt to even out the Amare Melo hate.

At the end of the day both of them are underachievers, at least Melo is a star player earning some of his money but both will never earn the money that they're making. Both of them will never be as great as they coulda been. We'll be a solid playoff team at best, never a championship team unless if we get some great role players around them. We had our best chance this year but too many injuries and Linjuries. Next year, the supporting cast wont be as good.

Carmelo the Burger King Anthony and Amarknee the fashion Queen Faggotmire will be the reason why we're a playoff team but they'll also be the reason why were not a championship team.

*EDIT*

Ohhh yea, i didnt forget

Damn thats harsh. Eddy Curry House Special and Lanceroy were the worst of all time...