East's Elite - Us VS Them - Big ③s & MVPs - Season Thread Monitoring Rivals

What Seed Do You See Us As Come Post-Season?

Votes: 1 3.1%

Votes: 4 12.5%

Votes: 17 53.1%

Votes: 7 21.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 9.4%

• Total voters
I can't and won't make any predictions right now.

The current team that won us the last 4 games is very much capable of 6th seed imo.....but it remains to be seen whether we can keep this up once Stoudemire and Anthony return or whether we'll turn back into that soft, low-intensity, no-chemistry bullshit squad from before.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
i think something would have to go seriously wrong for us to not catch philly. theyre winning on chemistry alone and that's only happening because most teams had turnover and therefore had no chemistry. when that evens out and its more about talent could see them losing 4 spots.

but you're right, for the next week i think 5th is accurate.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Miami absolutely flogged Atlanta last night:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120212/MIAATL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100411#nbaGIboxscore

And the Celtics beat the Pulls, too. :barf:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120212/MIAATL/gameinfo.html?ls=gt2hp0021100411#nbaGIboxscore

Rondo with a stat line almost beyond belief.

rajon-rondo-look-alike-earthworm-jim-nba-funny-photos.png

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Knicks are too unpredictable now to say where are we going to be at the end of the season, and therefore I'm not looking further than the next 10 games. In my opinion our plan min during the upcoming days should be 5-5, we have some scrubs to beat including the Raptors, Kings, Cavs and obviously the Brighton Beach Nyets, but also several tough games with winning teams... However, if everything clicks when Amare and Carmelo rejoin the squad, we could even go for 9-1, we know Boston and Dallas are not the same teams that beat us badly last season and we somewhow matchup pretty okay with Atlanta.

Considering that we were widely predicted to be 3rd seed, I was more so referring to a subsequent goal or standard.

Just had a look at the current standings and the 99 Playoff bracket, guess what: It might look quite similar at the end of the season:

We were 8th seed in 99 - we are 8th seed right now.

Miami were first seed in 99, they're just one game behind Chicago right now and with Rose beeing injured ever so often these days they might very well grab that 1st seed.

Atlanta were 4th seed in 99 - they are 4th seed right now and a possible second round opponent for the winner of the 1st vs. 8th matchup - just like 99.....

In the lower brackets Orlando, Philly and Indiana battled it out and one of them (Indiana) represented the second Conference finalist in 99....these three are all in 3rd, 5th and 6th seed right now too.....

History repeating itself?

I hope so!

The funny thing is: Both in 99 and this season the first round matchup is much harder (Miami in 99, Miami or Chicago as it stands right now) than the second round matchup (Atlanta in 99, Atlanta or Indiana or Orlando right now).

I think if we can get past that crucial first round - everything is possible. We gotta avoid Miami in the first though, they might be too strong for us in a 7 game series. Chicago with all their injury issues and their style of play are a good matchup for us and I could see us winning that series.

Number3

Benchwarmer
Hopefully its possible...but we need to reach out to stay at 6th seed..if not we're going to have to upset somebody

KingCharles34

All Star
Celtics only a half game up on us...they got tomorrow night off, we play the Hornets. We're 5 games behind the 3rd place 76ers, 3 behind the 6th place Pacers

Move-Lin on up :gony:

knicksin60

Starter
WOW the Celtics looked like garbage against a bad Pistons team. And what a classless player Rajon Rondo is for hitting that ref with a basketball.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Now we're tied with the Boston nursing home for 7th and 4 games behind Philly for 3rd

Boston are such faggots!!!! Golly I hate them.

3rd place looked so impossible a mere month ago. Now look at us right in the chase. I've had to wonder how long Philly's run of excellence can last? They're a well coached, clever team with top notch defense led by Iguodala.

WOW the Celtics looked like garbage against a bad Pistons team. And what a classless player Rajon Rondo is for hitting that ref with a basketball.

I'll have to check that out.

Congrats on your thousandth post! Keep 'em coming, knicksin60! :beer:

iSaYughh

Starter
WOW the Celtics looked like garbage against a bad Pistons team. And wha
Re: Unpredictable physiology, the same could be said about strip scarring as one cannot predict the scarring on a virgin scalp any better than one could predict the tendency for a patients tissue to disintegrate through FUE. ]

The same could be said. Except the rate, and severity, of unpredictability is what matters most.

The reason the rate of "unpredictability" does not conjure reservation for FUT in the way it does for FUE, has little to do with Dr's fear-mongering FUE, but rather a real reflection of the wants, desires, and fears of the vast majority of *patients'* themselves.

The rate of unpredictability, and severity of when that unpredictability strikes, is virtually inconsequential with FUT; in the hands of a world-class doctor, the variability is so slight, that even an outcome ranging on the poorer side of the spectrum is of little consequence to patients.....in contrast to the extraordinary and extraordinarily consistent results of the hair that's actually being transplanted. :)

The mastery that world-class docs have achieved with FUT over the years has, in my opinion, been taken for granted -- in a certain sense. And shifted the dialogue away from the actual hair being transplanted, and onto the area of the scar -- almost to the point that people just looking into HTs, who cruise the forums for a bit, go into their research focused on what will produce the least (visible) scarring.

Anyways, cruise the forums for people being horribly, permanently scarred by FUT in the hands of ultra esteemed clinics in recent years. What do you find?

Cruise the forums for cases of young men (I generalize, but it is they who have been most easily preyed upon) being horribly, permanently damaged by FUE in the hands of (*supposed*) world-class clinics. What do you find?

Very important to the statement you made is that Dr's *can* tell beforehand with very high degrees of certainty, the relative "candidacy" of a patient undergoing FUE.

The same can simply not be said for a FUT scar.

The bottomline is that at the end of the day, hype aside, the vast majority of people care most about achieving the most hair they can, with the greatest % of liklihood that all the hair will grow.

There's a very good, and very simple reason the FUT scar in this day in age is a moribund issue -- and it has nothing to do with Dr's fear-mongering or dissuading people from FUE:

it's because patients know what they really want, and it's hair; and it's the type of hair transformations that FUT has made a gold-standard out of.

And if they don't show a terrible fear of the FUT scar, it's because in reality, most don't fear it, and it's because they have good reason not to fear it. Ironically, many of the repair cases of today and tomorrow are, and will be, by way of FUE -- and it will be from clinics that operated under assumed "refinement" and "class".

The risk of the FUT scar has not been marginalized; it has simply been made marginal by way of the world-class consistency and excellence of top surgeons who perform FUT.t a classless player Rajon Rondo is for hitting that ref with a basketball.

I peeped that, too.

Celdicks look like this could be year their old bones go into the coffin with an embarassing 1st round exit. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run at some point, though, and def hang around for a playoff spot for sure.

I think we're looking at a 5seed for us, easy.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Rondo clearly is a back-up PG. He never made anyone better. The Celtics GM wouldn't be trying to trade him, and failing, if he was that good. Rondo's stats is as inflated as his head.

knicksin60

Starter
I peeped that, too.

Celdicks look like this could be year their old bones go into the coffin with an embarassing 1st round exit. I wouldn't be surprised if they make a run at some point, though, and def hang around for a playoff spot for sure.

I think we're looking at a 5seed for us, easy.

Yeah, as long as Kevin Mchale doesn't become an executive for an NBA team, the Celtics will be irrelevant for a very long time after the Old Three retire.