We Return: Knicks @ Boston - Sun, April 17 @ 7:00pm

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
rufknkdm!?!?

can't believe the coaching or lack there of... fields locks down r.a. in the first half but that ain't enough... he has a rough spot on offense and he goes to the bench never to return... rufnkdm???? he owned us after that! he has carter on him at the ten minute mark??? rufnkdm?? bring back brown... defense wins championships

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
can't believe the coaching or lack there of... fields locks down r.a. in the first half but that ain't enough... he has a rough spot on offense and he goes to the bench never to return... rufnkdm???? he owned us after that! he has carter on him at the ten minute mark??? rufnkdm?? bring back brown... defense wins championships

It is inexplicable that Fields was given almost no minutes in the second half after how he did against Allen in the first. Anybody have any plausible reasons for this??

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
●EDIT: @ rondiggity

I do. No matter what the circumstance, who we're playing, home or away, there will always be ONE factor, OR MORE, leaving us all scratching our heads, that MD seems to somehow ignore, exclude, etc.

I really like AC, but he was NOT the man for the job against Allen.

I said it in the thread, I said it when we were locked to face Boston, I said it after I watched Miami and Chicago beat boston: STOP ALLEN AND YOU STOP BOSTON'S OFFENCE.

Stop their offence, and they can't finish on the offensive end, leaving us in less dire circumstances where we need to get a stop.

Tonight, Fields was that one head scratcher.

Interesting to see if it's mentioned in the media or during the commentary of game 2.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
i can't believe how d'aint blew this... and i am not one to blame the coach but jeez us... he just can't coach at this level... let the guys go out and win... but not him... as usual the subbing sucked... we are so much better than they are except on the bench. carter in the game at the end?? i just couldn't believe it.... and its like he is trying to ruin fields... don't show some confidence in a young player and you fuk him up. fields should have been in there for rebounding and defense.... i just couldn't fukn beleve it...

Blumatic

Rotation player
i can't believe how d'aint blew this... and i am not one to blame the coach but jeez us... he just can't coach at this level... let the guys go out and win... but not him... as usual the subbing sucked... we are so much better than they are except on the bench. carter in the game at the end?? i just couldn't believe it.... and its like he is trying to ruin fields... don't show some confidence in a young player and you fuk him up. fields should have been in there for rebounding and defense.... i just couldn't fukn beleve it...

You really gonna blame MDA? Wow. His subs were fine. This is not the time to coddle anyone. Who gives a F*** about Fields confidence. If its a problem then he is not ready. This team is different an Fields has to change his game next year. He needs to learn some point guards skills (handling and passing be effective).

Cant coach at this level? Wow. The only thing I may blame MDA for is the KG alley oop. He should have warned them. That is the quickest shot with no time left. And he uses a lot of timeout b/c the game was getting away a little.

I blame the game on one call. The offensive foul on Melo when Pierce was holding his arm down. That is is the 2nd place where we lost the game. I thought MDA's preparation for this game was impressive. We lost on some bad bounces and calls. But we lost it at the KG Dunk.

If no KG dunk and no foul on Melo (with melo taking some time off the clock) we win this game.

MDA did a 95% great job. The 5% was the KG dunk.

mafra

Legend
You really gonna blame MDA? Wow. His subs were fine. This is not the time to coddle anyone. Who gives a F*** about Fields confidence. If its a problem then he is not ready. This team is different an Fields has to change his game next year. He needs to learn some point guards skills (handling and passing be effective).

Cant coach at this level? Wow. The only thing I may blame MDA for is the KG alley oop. He should have warned them. That is the quickest shot with no time left. And he uses a lot of timeout b/c the game was getting away a little.

I blame the game on one call. The offensive foul on Melo when Pierce was holding his arm down. That is is the 2nd place where we lost the game. I thought MDA's preparation for this game was impressive. We lost on some bad bounces and calls. But we lost it at the KG Dunk.

If no KG dunk and no foul on Melo (with melo taking some time off the clock) we win this game.

MDA did a 95% great job. The 5% was the KG dunk.

The only thing coach did which was wrong:

1) You have to have somebody protecting the basket. You cannot allow an alley-oop. Sorry. You know BOS will attack the rim, look for a quick bucket and then foul. You now BOS is thinking we might fould to prevent the 3-point shot. You have to have someone... anyone just playing the paint and sitting by the rim.

2) MOST IMPORTANT. Whoever is to blame, no matter the circumstance, this is yet one more example of the obvious truth: Mike D'antoni just cannot stand there on the sideline with clipboard in hand and draw up a play. Simple as that. Rivers read him like a book. OBVIOUSLY BOS WAS ANTICIPATING us handing the ball to Carmelo and going ISO. Get creative... if you're really an offensive genius... where's the magic? Rivers sure designed a helluva play, no?

Blumatic

Rotation player

1) You have to have somebody protecting the basket. You cannot allow an alley-oop. Sorry. You know BOS will attack the rim, look for a quick bucket and then foul. You now BOS is thinking we might fould to prevent the 3-point shot. You have to have someone... anyone just playing the paint and sitting by the rim.

2) MOST IMPORTANT. Whoever is to blame, no matter the circumstance, this is yet one more example of the obvious truth: Mike D'antoni just cannot stand there on the sideline with clipboard in hand and draw up a play. Simple as that. Rivers read him like a book. OBVIOUSLY BOS WAS ANTICIPATING us handing the ball to Carmelo and going ISO. Get creative... if you're really an offensive genius... where's the magic? Rivers sure designed a helluva play, no?

None of those plays were creative. That KG dunk was a mental collapse bot coach and team.

Phil Jackson never draws up a play for Jordan or Kobe. He lets em go. Now Dant not know for drawing up plays but I dont blame him for that.

You up by 1 or 2 points with less than a minute on the clock you run the clock down.

That play by Allen and KG needed quick execution plays but none were creative. On resulted on the brain fart and another should have been an offensive foul on KG when he trpped TD23 thus leavig Allen open (If they would swallowed the whistle on the Melo play I would hav understand the no call with KG and Douglas but that is was not the case and the inconsistent whistles cost us the game.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
None of those plays were creative. That KG dunk was a mental collapse bot coach and team.

Phil Jackson never draws up a play for Jordan or Kobe. He lets em go. Now Dant not know for drawing up plays but I dont blame him for that.

You up by 1 or 2 points with less than a minute on the clock you run the clock down.

That play by Allen and KG needed quick execution plays but none were creative. On resulted on the brain fart and another should have been an offensive foul on KG when he trpped TD23 thus leavig Allen open (If they would swallowed the whistle on the Melo play I would hav understand the no call with KG and Douglas but that is was not the case and the inconsistent whistles cost us the game.

KG really tripped Douglas and that was the reason Allen was left open?? I didn't see the replay. Uggghhhh!! Then that's not MDA's fault..

refs :machinegun:

mafra

Legend
KG really tripped Douglas and that was the reason Allen was left open?? I didn't see the replay. Uggghhhh!! Then that's not MDA's fault..

refs :machinegun:

Yeah he did. Just saw the replay. That's the perfect example of contact given a player a CLEAR advantage. BUT, the same ref who called the fould on 'melo eats his whistle b/c if he makes that call the game is over. Funny. Too bad he didn't give NYK the same courtesy and let the Melo play continue.

Then again... since the same ref was involved, makes you wonder if we have another crooked ref on some bookies payroll.

finestrg

Rotation player

I'd like to see D'Antoni give Landry Fields a little more leeway next game as well. WTF -- before you knew it, he yanked him right outta there tonight and then never played him again after he missed those two shots in a row in that one sequence (glanced at the box score awhile ago -- I'm not sure but those might have been the only two shots the kid took the whole game). Landry's got size at 6'7", smarts and he brings a ton of intagibles to the game. I'm not saying don't bring in Douglas -- TD's gotta get his time -- but why does it have to come at Landry's expense and why such a damn quick hook?? I wouldn't mind seeing more Fields on Allen and just more Fields in general. Wouldn't mind seeing Landry take 10-12 shots next game. To me, D'Antoni's really shied away from this kid for a long time now, and tonight was more of the same..Find a way to get Fields much more involved next game.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter

+1 I've been saying this forever....

What's really been making me mad all season (especially this game) was that Antoni doesn't say crap to the refs when they keep calling garbage fouls against us. I counted 10 different fouls today that either went uncalled or that we're called against us and Antoni said NOTHING to the refs.

And how the heck do they call a foul on us with :20 seconds remaining when the defender ran directly into Anthony? Of course he's gonna stick his arm out, it's human nature when someone runs into you... Add that to Douglas getting tripped on the very next play that goes uncalled and I swear this league is rigged. Seriously.

I said that this crap was going to happen before the series even started and boy was I right. I'm getting tired of investing my time in this league just to be rewarded with loss after loss because the refs give the opponents team the game. With less than a minute remaining the refs need to let the teams play or call the game evenly. The only solution I can think of to fix this is for Antoni to start getting on the ref's asses... I don't know what else to say...

iJoe

Rotation player
I don't care about anything dealing with the coaching or the players in this game.

The Refs ruined this game. Either let the players play (no retarded foul on Anthony when Pierce held him down) or call the fouls consistently (KG tripping up Douglas).

These are the damn playoffs. Let the players determine who wins not the 3 blind mice making dumb calls.

****ing bullshit!!!

This happens all the ****ing time!

We play absolutely fantastic and then lose by a last second shot to these ****ing pieces of shit.

Fields and Melo were piss poor.

D'Antoni better let Derrick Brown dress up and bench Fields in a suit, this guy is ****ing useless since the trade!

We'll get swept now. This one was the momentum killer for us.
If we only had a decent shooting guard...we could tear those SmellDicks apart!

Great move to cut Azubuike! :barf:

****ing bullshit

Red

TYPE-A
****ing bullshit!!!

This happens all the ****ing time!

We play absolutely fantastic and then lose by a last second shot to these ****ing pieces of shit.

Fields and Melo were piss poor.

D'Antoni better let Derrick Brown dress up and bench Fields in a suit, this guy is ****ing useless since the trade!

We'll get swept now. This one was the momentum killer for us.
If we only had a decent shooting guard...we could tear those SmellDicks apart!

Great move to cut Azubuike! :barf:

****ing bullshit

I disagree. This can be a galvanizing moment for us.

Next time, once we realize the Celtics can't stop us, we CAN'T let the zebras stop us either.

We win next game. Its war time. No excuses.