• Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Oh, you're sick of it?

Well that "Houston Rocket" is single-handedly responsible for one of the greatest Knicks memories in the history of the franchise.

For those 10 games in February, we were reminded of what hoops was all about. We dared to dream, laugh, live, hope.

And then, the Groin healed.

So I'm not sick of hearing about Young Jeremy Lin. He is forever a part of Knicks history and he needs to be treated accordingly.

If it were up to me, I would retire his jersey. Real talk.

Long Live Jeremy Lin!!!
tumblr_lysfraNejh1roc7sro1_500.png

THEN GO TO A ROCKET FORUM

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Dude, EFF the Rockettes. But I'm not down with all the playa hating on Young Jeremy Lin. I, for one, am still grieving and it's my right to do so. And I know I'm not the only one.

I would compare our betrayal of J-Lin to someone taking a rusty butter knife and shoving it into your stomach. It hurts, and it will take time to heal.

Let's go New York! Hopefully the Groin can do a lot to help us dull the ugly memory. We'll see.

Long Live Jeremy Lin!!

LET'S GO KNICKS!

But, real quick, on topic:

I think if Melo wanted J-Lin on the team, J-Lin would be on the team. Real talk. Think about it.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Dude, EFF the Rockettes. But I'm not down with all the playa hating on Young Jeremy Lin. I, for one, am still grieving and it's my right to do so. And I know I'm not the only one.

I would compare our betrayal of J-Lin to someone taking a rusty butter knife and shoving it into your stomach. It hurts, and it will take time to heal.

Let's go New York! Hopefully the Groin can do a lot to help us dull the ugly memory. We'll see.

Long Live Jeremy Lin!!

LET'S GO KNICKS!

I think if Melo wanted J-Lin on the team, J-Lin would be on the team. Real talk. Think about it.
houston-rockets-introduce-jeremy-lin-20120719-153627-744.jpg

2j2zuwm.jpg

oshi

Benchwarmer

Long Live Jeremy Lin!!

LET'S GO KNICKS!

Agree on the Melo thing. Also even in public interviews Melo didn't really mention anything about wanting Lin back till the last day when pretty much everyone knew he'd be gone.

tiger0330

Legend
I see another player turned wannabe GM mouthing off about Lin making too much money. Jerry Stackhouse saying 25M is too much for a guy with 25 games under his belt. On top of that he says the 25M deal is going to be a cap buster that will hamper the Rox flexibility in the future.

Never have I seen so many NBA players voice their opinions that a guy is overpaid. Another idiot that is afflicted with Floyd Mayweather syndrome.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
Another black man who can think for himself:

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 18, 2012 If linn were a 23 old black kid who came straight from high school and had tat on his neck that said thug life and happened to score 38 points on the lakers I don't think anyone would question his contract.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 16, 2012 Jeremy linn I've never seen grown men hate on another mans money like this in my life .

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 16, 2012 Please knicks keep linn lets not have a brand new team for the tenth year in a row. Things have to sit in order to jell.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 18, 2012 If linn were a 23 old black kid who came straight from high school and had tat on his neck that said thug life and happened to score 38 points on the lakers I don't think anyone would question his contract.

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 16, 2012 Jeremy linn I've never seen grown men hate on another mans money like this in my life .

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 16, 2012 Please knicks keep linn lets not have a brand new team for the tenth year in a row. Things have to sit in order to jell.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

That was the dumbest response ive gotten on this forum and ive talked to OBM repeatedly.

You make me wanna have a full conversation with him.

Quit postin your bullsh*t nonsense.
No one gives a F*CK what Chris Rock has to say about a Houston Rocket

kinein

Benchwarmer
That was ... Rocket

OFFICIAL: Knicks don't match poison pill - Lin now a Rocket.

Threads about a Rocket. Strangely if you are not interested in the discussion and relevant commentary and discussion based on the subject. I suggest you refuse to click and comment in this thread. It may well help you from getting so angry and upset and also tone down the trolling.

onex0is0

Benchwarmer
That was the dumbest response ive gotten on this forum and ive talked to OBM repeatedly.

You make me wanna have a full conversation with him.

Quit postin your bullsh*t nonsense.
No one gives a F*CK what Chris Rock has to say about a Houston Rocket

Hey, you don't own this site. If you don't want to talk about JLin et al., hence the title, then stop clicking on this link. It's a free country. No one is sticking a gun to your head.

You mad that JLin is getting all the attention and your thread is not getting enough traffic?

Obviously, you DO care (about JLin), thus your tubeTube response makes no sense. This is a JLin thread, and I will continue to click on this link so KnicksOnline can shoot me with some web ads.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Listen you like Lin, cool, thats great we all have our favorite players.

But the section this thread is in is the KNICKS section. This does not pertain to the Knicks anymore.

Thus me wanting it moved to the NBA section.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock
July 16, 2012 Jeremy linn I've never seen grown men hate on anotvher mans money like this in my life .

Chris Rock ‏@chrisrock

Yeah Rock's making some sense here.

He nails how race is a factor in this.

People are just ridiculous and don't get the real significance regarding this whole mishap.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
The issue isn't just whether felton would be a better pg (imo felton excelled with amare not melo and bringing a new starter in who now has to learn the, system under a different coach. But u guys can disagree all you want) it's that lin played his a$$ off last season and it was enough for woodson to say he will absolutely be starting,pg next year. You don't let someone you endorsed as a starter go like that. If we had made a reasonable offer in the first place this would have never occurred and we would have celebrated dolan. Yet now we sit here and ask who is better. We are the only organization that rewards mediocrity and punishes excellence.

Next season may just be the most pivotal season in knicks history. If we fail to make at least the conference finals, next year expect fans to start leaving in droves. And if we fail to make the playoffs or past the first round again I think many of us here, including me will start to question our loyalty. I will never root against us but I don't know if I continue to watch or go to games knowing that our owner is profiting from the destruction pf our franchise. I don't see that happening as I'm still optimistic but just food for thought.

God I miss the 90s.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah Rock's making some sense here.

He nails how race is a factor in this.

People are just ridiculous and don't get the real significance regarding this whole mishap.

Race was always a factor in all this. It's why Jeremy Lin enjoys such international appeal amongst the Asian fanbase, he is considered a folk hero someone who has broken down longstanding stereotypes & brought the Asian male into the spotlight in a positive way other than the typical martial arts action hero or Yakuza gangster movie star. It's central to why the Houston Rockets made him that huge offer to begin with, they understand his marketing appeal & want to cash in on it. This is all big business at work here. The Knicks chose to make it personal. They never dreamed that Lin would sign such a huge contract, they expected him to simply accept a reasonable deal & show his appreciation to the franchise for giving him his big break. Dolan is such a dunce he doesn't care that his decisions are costing the Knicks organization millions & millions of lost revenue, he would rather make moves to satisfy his own ego. Lin & the Rockets made a business decision, the Knicks made a decision based on pure emotion to try & prove a point & lost a promising asset without getting any value in return. Therein lies the true tragedy in this entire fiasco, not the fact that Lin is wearing a Rockets' uniform. As long as this franchise is being run by the same imbecile of an owner, expect things like this to be the norm.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't understand why people are mad at Dolan (he's a fool for many reasons, but I don't know about this case) and not Lin.

He got his break because of Melo/Knicks
He signed the second offer sheet

Eric Gordon felt like it was a slap in the face he wasn't offered a huge max deal or whatever by the Hornets right away and said the Suns wanted him more and it was his home, even though he only played nine games the whole season.

At least with Eric Gordon you know what you're getting when he's on the floor, Lin, who knows.

STAT1

Starter
I don't understand why people are mad at Dolan (he's a fool for many reasons, but I don't know about this case) and not Lin.

He got his break because of Melo/Knicks
He signed the second offer sheet

Eric Gordon felt like it was a slap in the face he wasn't offered a huge max deal or whatever by the Hornets right away and said the Suns wanted him more and it was his home, even though he only played nine games the whole season.

At least with Eric Gordon you know what you're getting when he's on the floor, Lin, who knows.

The only reason I'm angry at Dolan is because he lost Lin without getting anything of value back in return. That's just a huge F up, no other way to say it. I'm disappointed that Lin isn't a Knick anymore but more than happy to go forward with Felton, Kidd & Prigioni. The loss of a valuable asset is what irks me to no end. Think we could have used him to get at LEAST a 1st round pick from the Rockets in a S&T if Dolan had even the slightest inkling that he wasn't going to match that level of an offer. I think the Knicks mismanaged this situation.