Nets looking to move Yi Jianlian

Should we trade for Yi?

• Total voters

JayJ44

Starter
After one season, it appears the Nets are ready to cut ties with their young forward Yi Jianlian. Mitch Lawrence is reporting that the Nets have said that they are interested in finding a deal for the forward.
?Coming off a season when he was demoted from the Nets? starting lineup to the bench because of his lack of production, Yi Jianlian might have played his final game in New Jersey.
Team sources say the Nets are interested in trying to deal the 7-foot small forward they acquired from Milwaukee last summer for Richard Jefferson. ?They?re talking about moving him,? said a source.
Yi?s struggles to improve his defense, rebounding and passing under Lawrence Frank didn?t sit well with GM Kiki Vandeweghe, who engineered the deal with the Bucks. Yi averaged 8.6 points and 5.3 rebounds in 23 minutes per game, but was often privately criticized for looking only to shoot.?
http://www.theknicksblog.com/2009/05/17/nets-looking-to-move-yi/

We should try to get this guy, if we can. Assuming the Nets don't ask for too much, he would be an excellent pick up. 7 foot, good shooter, a lot of potential. He has a lot of talent, his only problem is motivation. But maybe a change of coach and scenery would do him good. D'antoni is known for getting the most out of his players.

What would the Nets want for him? Maybe we could make a draft day deal, including him? His trade value is pretty low right now, so I don't think it would take much.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'd take a chance on him for the right price. I would also take Sean Williams. The Nets want to get rid of him as well. Maybe we could swing a deal for both.

alphad0gz

Rookie
Geezuz....are you guys retarded?

The guy is so soft he makes toilet tissue seem like plywood. He is weak, easily intimidated, soft, and unmotivated. Two teams have given up on him in two years and he was a #6! That should tell you all you need to know. We will never get ahead taking every teams cast-offs. This guy is a bigtime loser. Pass.

dave2138

Rotation player
only problem is Jefferies is signed through 2010, and NJ is in the same position as the Knicks trying to cut payroll for next off season. They won't have any interest in him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This would be the perfect system for him, but......

If you can't teach anything at all, it's tenacity.

If we could pay him in shrimp and noodles, do it. If not, there's plenty of good shooters that actually have a pair of grapes that'd be much better.

I'm not a big Harrington fan, but I'd much prefer to stick to him and eventually oust him to see what Gallo can do at the 4.

Lian's contract expires in 2012 & if he sux...We're in the same boat as Eddy Curry but at a way cheaper cost. Another immovable turd! We as a franchise are already constipated.

We need gritty defenders off the bench.... Lian is a lesbian...

Sorry, gotta disagree with any desire to acquire this dude.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
it is kinda hard to say i want him seeing how two teams gave up on him afta only having him for a year. but a 7 foot SF, with decent handle and a nice shot is still one hell of a project player. his upside is quite good, but hes only shown very very small glimpses of them. im in the middle on this, but im leaning towards not making an offer for him. i havent seen enough upside to trade anything significant for him...now if we get can rid of jeffries for him then thats a diff story lol

Toons

is the Bo$$
Even Toons for Jefferies would sound good.

it makes me smile that even when im hardly here, u still rememebr my name.....gosh metro, ur a real homie....

yi and sean williams?

we all have a way of looking at the bright side, which is good. but sean cant stop smokin dope and yi cant play d....

we have gallinari, a 6'10'' small forward.....we do not need a 7 foot non-shot blocking small forward. i have wanted sean williams a for a long time for his defense, but why hasnt any other gm gone after him? it also does not make sense going after 2 forwards when we are stacked at that position still. if chandler plays 2 as i always said, we can free up a spot. chandler is a perfect sg. he can be a cross between iguodala and marion if he isnt forced to the wing so much like richard jefferson. also, unless we trade lee for yi straight up, which will not please many, it will also compromise the 2010 plan. no defense gained, not a good move.....leave yi where he is

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Am I the only one that thinks that the Nets trading Yi doesn't make any sense? Yi is a 22 year old 7 footer that makes 12 mill over the next 3 years. If you are rebuilding why trade a young guy that makes little salary? If anything the Nets would be looking to trade Bobby Simmons. I find this 'report' difficult to believe. Any struggles Yi may have in defense and rebounding are attributed to the lack of coaching and development in Jersey. He's a 7 footer, he needs only to put is arms up to grab a board.

But if Jersey is stupid enough to let Yi go, yea, I say let's make a move for him.

dave2138

Rotation player
Yi has a team option for 2010, so he doesn't necessarily hurt the 2010 plan. I just don't see the point when it would only take away playing time from Gallinari.

I could see Yi working out with Memphis.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Knicks do nothing this off season besides the draft pick and resigning Robinson + Lee. Then try again to trade Robinson and/or Lee mid season with Curry or Jefferies in exchange for an expiring contract.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
It would be a waste to go for this guy because we basically have a million players already playing this position. Not only that, but he's mad soft (no homo). I do not see him developing that much. His work ethic is weak. Which means he won't work hard enough to develop all that skill he has.

He would be roberson-esque, wasting his life away at the end of the bench.

ANU

Starter
LOL AT 7 FOOT SMALL FORWARD.dude needs to take some notes from yao.

personally, i think d lee will be a net next season.so, what ever.wtf.