what does the bible really teach?

Life on the line, more relevant info, knowledge that a whale is a mammal, or knowledge of the one who can save you from death? Sigh.. I already know ur answer.

The bible is not a text book for science. Fish, is more easily related to those in Jesus day, rather than mammal. If you take a whale outta water, it appears to be a big fish. Straw man tactics.

Jesus helped create the universe. His knowledge is infinitely higher than Albert's. For real.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
100% dead serious. Einstein's knowledge is far superior to most humans living now, and especially superior to any human living 2000 years ago. Jesus was a human. Nothing more.

Just like all humans that lived 2000 years ago, they didn't know the difference between a mammal, a bird and a fish. They just figured everything that swam in the water that looked like a fish, was a fish. Everything that flew was a bird. Same reason, as stated earlier, the bible calls a bat a bird, and that a rabbit chews it's cud and all insects have 4 legs. Because the bible was written by ancient people with little understanding of the natural world.

Jesus called a whale a fish. Because he was a human with little understanding of the natural world. He thought a man could live in the belly of a fish, because he believed the bible stories, because he was human. Jesus didn't know Noah's arc and Adam and Eve are impossible stories because he was a human.

100% dead serious. Einstein's knowledge is far superior to most humans living now, and especially superior to any human living 2000 years ago. Jesus was a human. Nothing more.

Just like all humans that lived 2000 years ago, they didn't know the difference between a mammal, a bird and a fish. They just figured everything that swam in the water that looked like a fish, was a fish. Everything that flew was a bird. Same reason, as stated earlier, the bible calls a bat a bird, and that a rabbit chews it's cud and all insects have 4 legs. Because the bible was written by ancient people with little understanding of the natural world.

Jesus called a whale a fish. Because he was a human with little understanding of the natural world. He thought a man could live in the belly of a fish, because he believed the bible stories, because he was human. Jesus didn't know Noah's arc and Adam and Eve are impossible stories because he was a human.

Yea, he was human. But before that, he was the angel spoken of in rev 18. Which means he had a hand in creation. Again, the point of the bible was to introduce humanity to God, so that we can be led to our maker. Not to decipher mammal from fish. That tidbit of info is irrelevant biblically. Thats what keeps escaping you. Life on the line, knowledge of whale being a mammal vs a fish, or knowledge of the one whom even death cannot hold? Thats what the bible is about, saving lives. Not mountains of irrelvant info.

That said, when Jesus died, over 500 people seen him raised up. He took on different forms of people, then finally himself, with piercings from his death. Then he flew away before witnesses. Was he human?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
10. Jehovah's Witnesses are against abortion, but they support denying babies life saving blood transfusions.
"With you is the source of life.Psalm 36:9(New World Translation)Life, then, is a gift from God."
http://www.watchtower.org/e/200906/article_01.htm
"Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood."
Acts 15:19-20(New World Translation)
http://www.watchtower.org/e/200608/article_03.htm

9. Jehovah's Witnesses are against blood transfusions, but as of 2000 support receiving and donating "fractional blood." Where's the quote where Jehovah says blood is bad, unless it's fractional? I do not know.
http://jehovah.net.au/blood.html
According to the JW's history, they willingly accepted and donated blood until 1945.
blood_table.JPG

8. Charles Taze Russell, the Watchtower Society, and many members of the Jehovah's Witnesses have made a combined 10 false end of the world predictions: 1874, 1878, 1881, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, 1941, 1975, and 1994, but they claim the "governing body" is the mouthpiece for Jehovah God.

7. The Jehovah's Witnesses(Est. 1881) claim to be "God's channel" yet 90% of their beliefs are the same as the Seventh-Day Adventist's beliefs(Est. 1844).
Ex: SDA's(Est. 1844) believe salvation is through works and faith; JW's(1881) believe the exact same thing. SDA's(Est. 1844) believe Jesus is the archangel Michael; JW's(Est. 1881) believe the exact same thing. SDA's believe holidays are of pagan origin; JW's believe the exact same thing. SDA's believe Hell is not real; JW's believe the same thing. SDA's believe they are the only true Christians; JW's believe the same thing.

6. Jehovah's Witnesses believe everyone outside of their religion is "worldly" and "under the power of Satan" yet they work in Government jobs, attend public school, and eat at fast food restaurants.

5. Jehovah's Witnesses are against Catholicism, yet from 1960 to 1983, the Jehovah's Witnesses Governing Body used a Catholic Spirit Medium(Johannes Greber's) interpretation of the Bible to support their New World Translation.
http://www.seanet.com/~raines/wtgreber.html

4. Jehovah's Witnesses claim they do not support judging others:
"Jesus said that we should not be judging one another."
http://www.watchtower.org/e/jt/article_08.htm
Yet in their April 15, 2008 study edition of their Watchtower Magazine, it says the following: "Another example of valueless words is found among the leaders of Christendom. Those claim to speak in God's name, but most of their utterances are not based on the Scriptures, and what they are saying is basically worthless. In other words, the governing body believes what the other denominations (Catholics, SDA's, Mormons, Baptists, Pentecostals) have to say is worthless.
The April 15, 2008 study edition of the Watchtower Magazine goes on to say: "Apostates too speak valuless words."

3. Jehovah's Witnesses claim you can come and leave the Jehovah's Witnesses as you please, but the governing body disfellowships people from their entire family, friends, spouses, and children if they choose to no longer believe or join another Christian denomination.

2. Most Jehovah's Witnesses will claim they are not brainwashed.
However, the Watchtower Society supports brainwashing.
"A musician who had lived the unreal life on drugs began studying the Bible With Jehovah's Witnesses. His associates ridiculed him, taunting "You are being brainwashed." He aptly[appropriately] replied: The shape our brains are in, they need a good washing."
Watchtower, March 15, 1973 Page 186-187 Paragraph 27

1. The Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be the "only true Christians" and
"the only right religion." They even believe all other non-witnesses and religions are under the power of Satan. Yet, at the same time, when you point out their failed predictions & their child molestation incidents, they claim to not be perfect.

Most Witnesses are unaware of this, however, the first President of the Jehovah's Witnesses was "William Henry Conley."

Q: Why do Jehovah's Witnesses deny William Henry Conley was their first president?

A: William Henry Conley stopped believing in Russell's teachings, after his failed prophecies in 1874, 1878, and 1881. AND Conley donated money to non-Witness denominations.

That's right, folks. The very first President of the Jehovah's Witnesses chose to no longer believe in the Jehovah's Witness religion, after he had discovered Charles Taze Russell scammed him out of 1,000s of dollars in "donations" that he gave after being told Armageddon would come in 1881. In 1882, Conley stopped handing Russell donations, and his name was mysteriously no longer listed as the first president of the Watchtower.
Yet they are "the only true Christians."

In addition, Conley donated money to Christian denominations that Jehovah's Witnesses of today claim are "false and part of "Christendom."

Well researched. A lot more to being a Jehovah's Witness, than just going to church, as you masterfully demonstrate in this post.

Like I said earlier, you find a more faithful, united group of Christians, who adhere to the bible than JW, then u have a case. Otherwise it's pointless to try and demean them.

As with time, new light is shed on scriptural basis. When those in Jesus day asked if he was here to destroy the heathen and usher in God's kingdom, he kindly let them know it was not time. But he never said they were not Christians for having a wrong thought. So why should jw be any dif? So long as they continue to adhere to bible principals, and live according to God, are they any less his witnesses?

Find a group of christians who do Gods will more fully than Jehovah's witnesses... Im still waiting....

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Like I said earlier, you find a more faithful, united group of Christians, who adhere to the bible than JW, then u have a case. Otherwise it's pointless to try and demean them.

As with time, new light is shed on scriptural basis. When those in Jesus day asked if he was here to destroy the heathen and usher in God's kingdom, he kindly let them know it was not time. But he never said they were not Christians for having a wrong thought. So why should jw be any dif? So long as they continue to adhere to bible principals, and live according to God, are they any less his witnesses?

Find a group of christians who do Gods will more fully than Jehovah's witnesses... Im still waiting....

I refer you to ABCD's JW's contradiction #1.

• 1. The Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be the "only true Christians" and "the only right religion." They even believe all other non-witnesses and religions are under the power of Satan. Yet, at the same time, when you point out their failed predictions & their child molestation incidents, they claim to not be perfect.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Yea, he was human. But before that, he was the angel spoken of in rev 18. Which means he had a hand in creation. Again, the point of the bible was to introduce humanity to God, so that we can be led to our maker. Not to decipher mammal from fish. That tidbit of info is irrelevant biblically. Thats what keeps escaping you. Life on the line, knowledge of whale being a mammal vs a fish, or knowledge of the one whom even death cannot hold? Thats what the bible is about, saving lives. Not mountains of irrelvant info.

That said, when Jesus died, over 500 people seen him raised up. He took on different forms of people, then finally himself, with piercings from his death. Then he flew away before witnesses. Was he human?

The bible can't even agree whether or not there were witnesses. Each book has a different account. Who was there, how many people, if the tomb was empty, the time of day, etc. You would think there would have been some consistency with the most important day in christianity. Can't even get that straight.

If the book was to lead people to god, wouldn't giving false information make it seem less credible? Give something not known at the time that would have helped people would have brought more people to god than perpetuating ignorance.

For example, telling people disease is from tiny creatures too small to see (bacteria) instead of saying disease comes from demons, as Jesus did, and just giving simple information about washing hands and sterilizing could prevent diseases from spreading.

Doing this could have saved millions of lives at the time and advanced human knowledge by generations. Spreading knowledge that would have actually helped human society instead of perpetuating ignorance and easily avoidable death.

Wouldn't doing this have been more convincing to not only people at that time, but also people of today, and have been more successful at bringing them to god? Much more convicing than stories of miracles that every human invented god known to man had performed.

Giving knowledge that helped humans instead of spreading ignorance that hurt people would have brought more people to god. And if the bible's purpose was to bring people to god, then it f*cked up big time in that department. I don't know, you would think god would have seen this. Being all knowing, all seeing and all powerful.

Jesus calling disease demons, and whales fish, and talking about a man living inside a fish, or Noah's Arc just proves he was nothing more than a human being living 2000 years ago. Nothing more.

I refer you to ABCD's JW's contradiction #1.

• 1. The Jehovah's Witnesses claim to be the "only true Christians" and "the only right religion." They even believe all other non-witnesses and religions are under the power of Satan. Yet, at the same time, when you point out their failed predictions & their child molestation incidents, they claim to not be perfect.

Ive already answered that. Perfection does not need to be mentioned here, because that is not the reason JW are biblically considered True Christians. They are such because as a whole, they live to do Gods will unlike any other group on earth.

Some in individuals have engaged in misconduct, which have brought them consequences.

As a whole, no other group followed biblical guidliness they way jw do.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Jesus was a human being with Bi-polar I disorder. He is the classic example of Bi-polar I, with all the symptoms.

One of my best friends has this disease. It makes perfect sense.

The bible can't even agree whether or not there were witnesses. Each book has a different account. Who was there, how many people, if the tomb was empty, the time of day, etc. You would think there would have been some consistency with the most important day in christianity. Can't even get that straight.

If the book was to lead people to god, wouldn't giving false information make it seem less credible? Give something not known at the time that would have helped people would have brought more people to god than perpetuating ignorance.

For example, telling people disease is from tiny creatures too small to see (bacteria) instead of saying disease comes from demons, as Jesus did, and just giving simple information about washing hands and sterilizing could prevent diseases from spreading.

Doing this could have saved millions of lives at the time and advanced human knowledge by generations. Spreading knowledge that would have actually helped human society instead of perpetuating ignorance and easily avoidable death.

Wouldn't doing this have been more convincing to not only people at that time, but also people of today, and have been more successful at bringing them to god? Much more convicing than stories of miracles that every human invented god known to man had performed.

Giving knowledge that helped humans instead of spreading ignorance that hurt people would have brought more people to god. And if the bible's purpose was to bring people to god, then it f*cked up big time in that department. I don't know, you would think god would have seen this. Being all knowing, all seeing and all powerful.

Jesus calling disease demons, and whales fish, and talking about a man living inside a fish, or Noah's Arc just proves he was nothing more than a human being living 2000 years ago. Nothing more.

Im not speaking of the tomb raising. Im speaking of him taking human form of dif people. For instance, once he appeared as a farmer. Then to thomas he appeared as himself with the piercings, because he said he would not believe otherwise. What human could do that?

God gave hygiene instructions to the isrealites in leviticus. Long before Jesus. The deseases u speak of must have been invoked by demonic possession or some sort for Jesus to say such. Please site the scripture.

Bottom line is, the bible is not a science book. So u looking for it to lead u down that path is like me trying to find Jehovah in science weekly.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Im not speaking of the tomb raising. Im speaking of him taking human form of dif people. For instance, once he appeared as a farmer. Then to thomas he appeared as himself with the piercings, because he said he would not believe otherwise. What human could do that?

God gave hygiene instructions to the isrealites in leviticus. Long before Jesus. The deseases u speak of must have been invoked by demonic possession or some sort for Jesus to say such. Please site the scripture.

Bottom line is, the bible is not a science book. So u looking for it to lead u down that path is like me trying to find Jehovah in science weekly.

The same Leviticus that said don't eat rabbits because they are unclean because they chew their cud? SMH.

I think I read somewhere this has been observed. Tho I will research it thoroughly. And I remember one time I said science can't explain why we grow old and die, due to our regemerative powers. You scoffed at that, but there is a whole section of science dedicated to that research, correct?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Ive already answered that. Perfection does not need to be mentioned here, because that is not the reason JW are biblically considered True Christians. They are such because as a whole, they live to do Gods will unlike any other group on earth.

Some in individuals have engaged in misconduct, which have brought them consequences.

As a whole, no other group followed biblical guidliness they way jw do.

So, if perfection is not the measure for your organization, and you admit your organization has made false predictions and taught false doctrine: "old light," how can you justify calling other Christians false, simply on the basis of their teachings (which, using JW jargon, could simply be called old light or new light)?

Huge double standard!

So, if perfection is not the measure for your organization, and you admit your organization has made false predictions and taught false doctrine: "old light," how can you justify calling other Christians false, simply on the basis of their teachings (which, using JW jargon, could simply be called old light or new light)?

Huge double standard!

Because they teach things such as:
hell fire
the Trinity
All Good go to heaven
Saved by grace (once saved, always saved)
Homosexuality is ok

And so on. Things completely unscriptural.

Jw never claimed to be prophets, even when saying the world will end at date X. Also, it did not affect their worship. They stood by sound biblical teachings, even when wrong abt date XYZ. While the "false predictions" as you say do not make JW look good, the basis of Christianity is LIVING ACCORDING TO GOD'S WILL. Jesus did say thosr "Doing the will of my Father will" inherit the Kingdom, correct?

Well I ask you again, according to Bible standards, who does Gods will more so than JW?

Still waiting..................

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think I read somewhere this has been observed. Tho I will research it thoroughly. And I remember one time I said science can't explain why we grow old and die, due to our regemerative powers. You scoffed at that, but there is a whole section of science dedicated to that research, correct?

First of all, nice dodge. This has nothing to do with the fact that the bible, and Jesus, were no more knowledeable than any other human being at that time period. In fact, they spread ignorance. If the bible's purpose was to bring people to god, it did a shitty job. If the bible doesn't care about science, the bible shouldn't pretend to know things and misguide people. Kind of takes away its credibility and convincing power. Don't you think? Seems like god would have known this. Major f*ck up for an all knowing, all seeing, all powerful being.

Secondly. I already explained why we die. It's called the Hayflick limit. After about 50 divisions, a cell dies and can no longer reproduce.

There is a short tag of DNA stuck on the tips of a cell's chromosome, called a telomere. This telomere provides a place for the cell's DNA-copying machinery to latch onto the chromosome when the time comes each generation for the chromosomal DNA to be copied into daughter chromosomes.

Every time the cell copies itself, the short bit of the telomere is not copied, so the telomere gets a little shorter each time the cell divides. When the telomere reaches a minimal length after some 50 divisions, the cell can no longer replicate its DNA and therefore cannot replicate itself, and therefore dies.

As I mentioned, the aging process is simply cells dieing at a faster rate than they reproduce. As we get older, the less cells reproduce because more cells reach the Hayflick limit as time passes. But I guess you wanted all the facts in order to make a decision, huh? Yeah right. SMH.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Because they teach things such as:
hell fire
the Trinity
All Good go to heaven
Saved by grace (once saved, always saved)
Homosexuality is ok

And so on. Things completely unscriptural.

Jw never claimed to be prophets, even when saying the world will end at date X. Also, it did not affect their worship. They stood by sound biblical teachings, even when wrong abt date XYZ. While the "false predictions" as you say do not make JW look good, the basis of Christianity is LIVING ACCORDING TO GOD'S WILL. Jesus did say thosr "Doing the will of my Father will" inherit the Kingdom, correct?

Well I ask you again, according to Bible standards, who does Gods will more so than JW?

Still waiting..................

Actually JW's do claim to be God's exclusive channel on earth, "God's visible organization," God's "faithful and discreet slave." As an organization is made up of individuals, you cannot separate what an individual does from what the organization to which he or she belongs. It may make the organization a bit of a haven to perverts, when a guy that belongs rapes children, rather than an official pervert's organization, but it is nonetheless becomes what its members are.

As you stated prior, quoting from the bible, a good tree is known by its fruits.

As for doctrine, teachings like the trinity, salvation by grace (which means everything is given: love, faith, works, all, by God, not what you describe), accepting LGBT people, etc., this can also be backed up by scripture.

The bible is a complex document, and Christians, of all backgrounds, can usually back up their doctrine with scripture.

And so... although, in your loaded question, you want ONE right religion, I say there is no such thing. People have many religious books, teachers, figures, etc., and, without any hard evidence, our hearts should be softened to, and respect, differences.

Lol LJ, you sound ignorant, saying Jesus spread ignorance! Even by most athiests standards, he is the most well meaning human in history! What he means to spread, you ignore because you want God to come visit you face to face. Meanwhile, they still aint found ya people yet! But you riding just fine without seeing them.

Here is an article I read, but not the on I was looking for. When I find it, I will post it.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/science/201...e-ageing-mice-humans?cat=science&type=article

Why does it say things like this?
"The ageing process is poorly understood, but scientists know it is caused by many factors. Highly reactive particles called free radicals are made naturally in the body and cause damage to cells, while smoking, ultraviolet light and other environmental factors contribute to ageing.

If its poorly understood, how can we claim to have accurate knowledge?

Actually JW's do claim to be God's exclusive channel on earth, "God's visible organization," God's "faithful and discreet slave." As an organization is made up of individuals, you cannot separate what an individual does from what the organization to which he or she belongs. It may make the organization a bit of a haven to perverts, when a guy that belongs rapes children, rather than an official pervert's organization, but it is nonetheless becomes what its members are.

As you stated prior, quoting from the bible, a good tree is known by its fruits.

As for doctrine, teachings like the trinity, salvation by grace (which means everything is given: love, faith, works, all, by God, not what you describe), accepting LGBT people, etc., this can also be backed up by scripture.

The bible is a complex document, and Christians, of all backgrounds, can usually back up their doctrine with scripture.

And so... although, in your loaded question, you want ONE right religion, I say there is no such thing. People have many religious books, teachers, figures, etc., and, without any hard evidence, our hearts should be softened to, and respect, differences.

Yes, one persons example can make the lot look bad. However, what you're leaving out is that we are individually witnesses to Jehovah. When Jehovah decreed Satan and his angels to be tossed from heaven, he tossed those individuals who broke his laws only. Those who didn't, remained in heaven due to their faithfulness.

Same applies to humans. Those who break Gods laws, will be expelled from the organization, one way or another. Yes we are a group, but we alll have our seperate accounting to God. He won't deny those who deserve life their reward because 10 people broke his laws. Thats unjust. Just as saying all catholic priests are pedophiles.

So u r wrong. As a whole, jw are God's people, regardless of the few who perpetrate, because the whole is greater than the sum, so long as they are properly serving God.

Other Christian faiths cannot say so, not because they are not capable, but because they are not properly bring taught whats acceptable to God.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lol LJ, you sound ignorant, saying Jesus spread ignorance! Even by most athiests standards, he is the most well meaning human in history! What he means to spread, you ignore because you want God to come visit you face to face. Meanwhile, they still aint found ya people yet! But you riding just fine without seeing them.

Here is an article I read, but not the on I was looking for. When I find it, I will post it.

http://m.guardian.co.uk/science/201...e-ageing-mice-humans?cat=science&type=article

Why does it say things like this?
"The ageing process is poorly understood, but scientists know it is caused by many factors. Highly reactive particles called free radicals are made naturally in the body and cause damage to cells, while smoking, ultraviolet light and other environmental factors contribute to ageing.

If its poorly understood, how can we claim to have accurate knowledge?

There's that silly argument again. We don't know everything therefore we don't know anything. You always revert to that and change the subject when backed into a corner. You are a child. Good day to you.