Jason Kidd demands to be Nets president

tiger0330

Legend
This is going viral on Twitter, apparently Kidd wanted to be promoted to President of BBall ops for the Nets over Billie King and Prokhorov told him no but gave the Bucks permission to interview him. Seems the Bucks interest in Kidd stems from the new owners being his former financial advisor and my guess is he's not interviewing for the head coaches job but for job of Bucks president, why else would he make a demand for the Nets president job if he didn't think he had one lined up with the Bucks. Kidd is reportedly upset that Fisher and Kerr got more money to be head coaches than he got. This is going to be one wild off season.

Last edited:
I understand why Kidd wants more, but this isn't how you handle things. If he does go to the Bucks, my guess is that will be his last job in the NBA. This makes the Nets franchise look stupid overall, but on the flip side for them, they might get a 1st round compensation pick. When I think about how hyped the Nets franchise was a year ago, I can't imagine anyone being excited about them right now.

Broadway

All Star
I understand why Kidd wants more, but this isn't how you handle things. If he does go to the Bucks, my guess is that will be his last job in the NBA. This makes the Nets franchise look stupid overall, but on the flip side for them, they might get a 1st round compensation pick. When I think about how hyped the Nets franchise was a year ago, I can't imagine anyone being excited about them right now.

This could be wonderful for the Nets to hire someone like Lionel Hollins or JVG or George Karl then what, while getting compensated. Where's the issue.... even with the Kidd/Frank saga they still made the playoffs, they made it past the first round. What about us?

It appears even with this news, there isn't Nets dysfunction. There's Jason Kidd dysfunction and they pretty much told him where he can take his dysfunction. Because the Nets could have kept this under raps but they were like oh no....you come to our ownership group and basically try to usurp authority through the back door. They're really saying this type of behavior is unacceptable and we will not operate in this fashion.

Actually what would be worse if they said nothing allowed Kidd to hold his position and then for news to break mos later. They're doing him a favor right now and shoving him up a Buck's rear end.

Last edited:
This could be wonderful for the Nets to hire someone like Lionel Hollins or JVG or George Karl then what, while getting compensated. Where's the issue.... even with the Kidd/Frank saga they still made the playoffs, they made it past the first round. What about us?

It appears even with this news, there isn't Nets dysfunction. There's Jason Kidd dysfunction and they pretty much told him where he can take his dysfunction. Because the Nets could have kept this under raps but they were like oh no....you come to our ownership group and basically try to usurp authority through the back door. They're really saying this type of behavior is unacceptable and we will not operate in this fashion.

Actually what would be worse if they said nothing allowed Kidd to hold his position and then for news to break mos later. They doing him a favor right now and shoving him up a Buck's rear end.

Everyone always talks about Hollins, JVG, and Karl, but no one seems to ever hire them, so I won't assume they're getting a great coach when they're starting the hunt in July potentially. Besides, Kidd did a good job for all the reasons you just mentioned (2nd round of the playoffs, etc). In fact, I'd go so far as to say that Kidd was a huge factor in making that hodgepodge work. I'm not sure why you're so high on their organization right now anyway. Last year was the best team they are going to have until they rebuild, which you can't do without picks or salary cap space, which they don't really have. You telling me you want their roster given it's decline of skills with some of its highest paid guys and Brook Lopez with his injuries? Then, on top of that, you have your head coach go rogue on you days after the draft? Not sure why you just said all the things you just said, other than to try and see if you could successfully argue the point for academic reasons.

paris401

Starter
as a player, he was a coach killer, as a husband he was a .... , as a coach imo he left a lot to be desired, and he wants to be the head honcho... don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

tiger0330

Legend
I get the feeling the interview with the Bucks is only a formality, I think he'll be the next President of BBall Ops for the Bucks. Kidd must have made those new Bucks owners a ton of money in commissions when they were his financial advisors.

The only question in my mind is will he be the head coach as well as President like Van Gundy and Doc.

Broadway

All Star
I get the feeling the interview with the Bucks is only a formality, I think he'll be the next President of BBall Ops for the Bucks. Kidd must have made those new Bucks owners a ton of money in commissions when they were his financial advisors.

The only question in my mind is will he be the head coach as well as President like Van Gundy and Doc.

Early reports it's for 2 2nd round picks. If I had to say which franchise has shown most dysfunction it's The Bucks. I mean what a way to treat Larry Drew...SO DISRESPECTFUL and you lose assets in the process? Kidd will become the new coach initially with the probability to work his way up to President.

Wojo says Rick Carlisle will be pissed off about this.

tiger0330

Legend
Kidd is a dick for taking Drew's job. Carlisle is the unofficial shop steward for the coaches and said you just don't take a guys job like that though I don't feel sorry for him or Mike Brown when you get your money and what amounts to a multi-year paid vacation.

Broadway

All Star
Kidd is a dick for taking Drew's job. Carlisle is the unofficial shop steward for the coaches and said you just don't take a guys job like that though I don't feel sorry for him or Mike Brown when you get your money and what amounts to a multi-year paid vacation.

Sad!

tiger0330

Legend

Kidd will become the new coach initially with the probability to work his way up to President.
Hammond better watch his ass. I can see the new owners now telling Hammond, "Look when Jason comes on board show him the ropes and get him involved in your deals" If I was Hammond my resume would be going out today.

Broadway

All Star
Hammond better watch his ass. I can see the new owners now telling Hammond, "Look when Jason comes on board show him the ropes and get him involved in your deals" If I was Hammond my resume would be going out today.

Hammonds on thin ice, he's on the last year of his deal and wasn't extended. The Larry Sanders, Ersan Illyasova, and O.J. Mayo deals about did him in. Not sure they were ever thrilled about Drew either. He also lost out getting any value for Monta Ellis and let the Hawks/Teague get the best of them.

tiger0330

Legend
Yeah 3g4g his deals haven't panned out but there is some nice young talent over there but that's just a result of having a bad record.

Not unusual for new owners to clean house but they should have fired Drew first and then negotiated to bring Kidd over, this was like you say disrespectful. I know someone is going to ask Drew what he thinks and the new owners might compensate him over and above what they owe him in his buyout to keep his trap shut but I hope he lays into them and Kidd.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah 3g4g his deals haven't panned out but there is some nice young talent over there but that's just a result of having a bad record.

Not unusual for new owners to clean house but they should have fired Drew first and then negotiated to bring Kidd over, this was like you say disrespectful. I know someone is going to ask Drew what he thinks and the new owners might compensate him over and above what they owe him in his buyout to keep his trap shut but I hope he lays into them and Kidd.

Well Drew was just fired 10min ago. Sheesh it's going to be brutal trying to interview Kidd for anything. I'm sure Jabari loves what he got himself into right now.

petescud

Starter
I feel the same way....I think the Nets got off easy dumping him for 2 seconds....The Bucks haven't said he was becoming their GM so what a jerk

tiger0330

Legend
The Clips only had to give one 2nd round pick to get Doc and he won a ring along with 14 yrs exp. Bucks give the Nets 2 picks for a rookie coach, something is wrong with that picture.

I always thought Kidd was always one of those golden children like Isiah used to be. Finally caught up with Isiah and I don't think he gets another NBA exec job paying him millions again, let's see what happens to Kidd after this.

The Clips only had to give one 2nd round pick to get Doc and he won a ring along with 14 yrs exp. Bucks give the Nets 2 picks for a rookie coach, something is wrong with that picture.

I always thought Kidd was always one of those golden children like Isiah used to be. Finally caught up with Isiah and I don't think he gets another NBA exec job paying him millions again, let's see what happens to Kidd after this.

Are you sure that the Clippers didn't give a 1st round pick for Doc? I actually think the Nets got screwed by not getting a first from Milwaukee given the situation.

tiger0330

Legend
Are you sure that the Clippers didn't give a 1st round pick for Doc? I actually think the Nets got screwed by not getting a first from Milwaukee given the situation.
You're right 2105 unprotected first round pick for Doc. The Clips screamed about giving any pick at all which is what made me think it was a second but they relented. I still think giving 2 seconds for any coach is absurd except for maybe Pop or some other HOF coach.

Broadway

All Star
You're right 2105 unprotected first round pick for Doc. The Clips screamed about giving any pick at all which is what made me think it was a second but they relented. I still think giving 2 seconds for any coach is absurd except for maybe Pop or some other HOF coach.

Nets made out like highway bandits here, especially with Hollins and the seasoned coaches lurking.

Last edited: