Do you believe the Knicks need a new PG?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I've stated reasons why I don't think we do in the Team Melo thread. We don't have a star PG, but it's not like any of them are anywhere near the level of Duhon when he was on the Knicks. We even have youth with potential in Murry.

I don't see the point in making any big moves for a PG unless we could get someone special such as Rubio or Curry. Woodson has been at fault a lot with his coaching decisions.

bigapple

Starter
Murry is playing just 1/4 time of game and when his score offensive foul or travelling or more than 1 miss or TO's Woodson is changing him for Felton

i am w8ing for Pablo he is best defender as PG

Kiyaman

Legend
Yep .. our season started with 4 decent healthy PG .. we couldve use all 4 PG wisely in our rotation thru-out our 30 game stretch to stay injury-free this season.
Plus three of our PG could play a decent combo-guard game.

Our coaching was awful from day one of the pre-season games .. our substitution / playingtime-minutes / and favoritism put us at a 3-13 start ....
we became Ten games behind at the starting gate of the 2013-14 season.

Our guard rotation have no comunication-chemistry with a 33 minute JRsmith.
Between JR, and a 40 minute Melo always takin the ball from our PG at midcourt ....
I wouldnt been suprise if Felton/Prig/and Beno was all out with injury at the sametime.

History Question:
When was the last time ISO-Melo had 7 assist in a game?
When was the last time JRsmith had 6 assist in a game ??????????

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
My Bad - my bad .... We do need a PG that's better than Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith.

Melo & JR are the PG that gave us a 15-23 record.

How did Felton, Prigioni, and Beno Udrih get injured within our first 30 games ..
easy when Melo & JR are consistently playing PG when either PG player are on the court,
by doing this our games result in another LOSS that the media/press are blaming every LOSS on the Knicks poor PG play.

The media/press has so many Knicks fans in this forum and many other forums blaming the Knicks poor losing season on the Knicks poor PG performance.
All 4 of our PG never have a problem bringing the ball pass the midcourt line.
Why do I always see Melo or JR bringing the ball pass the midcourt line???

metrocard

Legend
My Bad - my bad .... We do need a PG that's better than Carmelo Anthony & JRsmith.

Melo & JR are the PG that gave us a 15-23 record.

How did Felton, Prigioni, and Beno Udrih get injured within our first 30 games ..
easy when Melo & JR are consistently playing PG when either PG player are on the court,
by doing this our games result in another LOSS that the media/press are blaming every LOSS on the Knicks poor PG play.

The media/press has so many Knicks fans in this forum and many other forums blaming the Knicks poor losing season on the Knicks poor PG performance.
All 4 of our PG never have a problem bringing the ball pass the midcourt line.
Why do I always see Melo or JR bringing the ball pass the midcourt line???

How did Melo play with Lawson, Billups and Iverson? I remember they won over 50 games in a tight Western Conference with an injury prone team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Without Melo .. The Knicks would Win & Lose playing TEAM-BALL

How did Melo play with Lawson, Billups and Iverson? I remember they won over 50 games in a tight Western Conference with an injury prone team.

Metro .... u shouldnt have went there
Its hard to focus on a solution when so many are in denial of the problem ....

Lebron James is a Point-Foward, who can rebound the ball on the defensive-end of the court, and within 5 seconds are dunking the ball on the offensive-end of the court.
The fastest ball handler in the league.

Our Knicks problem is simple ....
Carmelo Anthony is not a point-foward .. nor is he a Power-foward.
Carmelo Anthony is just a perimeter scoring-foward, we need to treat as such (Allan Houston).
We need to stop treating Melo as our dum advertisement does .. "The Melo's Knicks"

Here's 8 of our biggest problems ....
1) Letting Melo take the ball out of all our PG hands is our big Knicks PROBLEM.
2) Letting Melo consistently dribble the ball from one end of the court to the other end is our PROBLEM.
3) Melo is not a uptempo-running player.
4) Melo never participate in a transition-offense or fastbreak-offense when it involves running from one end to next end of court.
5) Melo is not going to commit any fouls the first three quarters of the game.
6) Melo never ask to be taken out of the game for any reason.
7) Melo is only worried about getting his stats.
8) Our headcoach is a private when compared to General Carmelo Anthony.

The reason why Denver traded Allen Iverson were AI made every offensive-possession into a running transition play.
Did u recall the season Melo went to the WCF, PG-Billups never let Melo bring the ball upcourt as a PG.
That was the reason why a career 25 pts Melo only average 22 pts a game that season.

The following season with the assistant headcoach coaching the Denver Nuggets 82 game season (coach Karl out with season injury), the assistant-coach let Melo consistently take the ball out of backup PG-Ty Lawson hands to slow dribble the ball upcourt to average 28 pts in the 2009-10 season, plus to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs...
Do the after-math on Carmelo Anthony from that season .. the start of the 2010-11 season "Im goin FA"

The only way the Denver Nuggets could trade BALLHOGGER ISO-Melo was to throw Chauncey Billups into the trade too. Do u think Melo & Billups were good friends, or good teammates?

PS Chauncey Billups was a FA in the 2013 offseason, untill Sept. when Detroit sign him as a player to be their assistant-coach to tutor PG-Brendan Jenning.
The Knicks had plenty of time and chance to sign FA "Billups & MWP" in the offseason to be our experience veteran leaders on the bench to give solution to tight situation to pull out a win.

clumsy

Rotation player
Melo is only a problem when you have a bad front office not surrounding him with things he needs to succeed. That's actually why i'm for trading Melo, this team messed up building around him and we have no draft picks. We have to wait until next year for all the contract to expire but we still won't be able to make our team better with diamond in the rough draft picks like San Antonio consistently does.

To the original point. Felton is mediocre to below average...even tho i was for the Bargnani trade last year (that was before i realized he can't shoot 3's at a 350 or higher clip) i wish we could have gotten Kyle Lowry instead with those draft picks.

metrocard

Legend
Kiya, you're comparing Melo to LeBron. Melo is always going to lose that debate.

Set your expectations more realistically. Melo is Melo, he's a very good player that has been on very good teams and is one of the better players in the league.

He's the least of our problems, this is just crazy right now.

skisloper

Starter
Kiya, you're comparing Melo to LeBron. Melo is always going to lose that debate.

Set your expectations more realistically. Melo is Melo, he's a very good player that has been on very good teams and is one of the better players in the league.

He's the least of our problems, this is just crazy right now.

Metro I think you will see that when Melo enters FA he will not have the Max deals for thrown at him.

I mean look at the Knicks Stat then when Melo has 4 and 5 plus assists the Knicks win..........Its simple.

One thing you cannot argue with is the Melo slows the game down.......almost to the point of nausua....

metrocard

Legend
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...d-teammates-supposed-team-190003930--nba.html

Barea having problems in Minnesota, why not throw a trade at them?

Incoming Players
Barea_Jose_min_1314.jpg
J.J. Barea
29 year old , 6-0, 175 lb G from Northeastern
8.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.6 apg in 18.8 minutes
Brewer_Corey_min_1314.jpg
Corey Brewer
27 year old , 6-9, 185 lb GF from Florida
11.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.0 minutes
Dieng_Gorgui_min_1314.jpg
Gorgui Dieng
24 year old , 6-11, 245 lb FC from Louisville
1.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 5.4 minutes
Price_AJ_min_1314.jpg
A.J. Price
27 year old , 6-2, 195 lb G from Connecticut
1.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 4.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Smith_Jr_nyk_1314.jpg
J.R. Smith
28 year old , 6-6, 220 lb SG from Saint Benedict's Preparatory School (New Jersey)
11.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.0 minutes in 2013-2014
Felton_Raymond_nyk_1314.jpg
Raymond Felton
29 year old , 6-1, 205 lb PG from North Carolina
10.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 32.7 minutes in 2013-2014
Aldrich_Cole_nyk_1314.jpg
Cole Aldrich
25 year old , 6-11, 245 lb C from Kansas
0.6 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 3.0 minutes in 2013-2014
Udrih_Beno_nyk_1314.jpg
Beno Udrih
31 year old , 6-3, 210 lb G from EA7 Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)
5.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.6 apg in 19.3 minutes in 2013-2014

T'Wolves

Rubio/Felton/Udrih
Martin/Smith/Schved
Budinger/Cunningham/Mohammad
Love/Mbah a Moute
Pekovic/Turiaf/Aldrich

Knicks

Prigioni/Barea/Murray
Brewer/Hardaway Jr.
World Peace/Shumpert
Anthony/Bargnani/Martin/Tyler
Chandler/Stoudemire/Dieng

skisloper

Starter
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...d-teammates-supposed-team-190003930--nba.html

Barea having problems in Minnesota, why not throw a trade at them?

Incoming Players
Barea_Jose_min_1314.jpg
J.J. Barea
29 year old , 6-0, 175 lb G from Northeastern
8.7 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 3.6 apg in 18.8 minutes
Brewer_Corey_min_1314.jpg
Corey Brewer
27 year old , 6-9, 185 lb GF from Florida
11.4 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 1.6 apg in 32.0 minutes
Dieng_Gorgui_min_1314.jpg
Gorgui Dieng
24 year old , 6-11, 245 lb FC from Louisville
1.5 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 5.4 minutes
Price_AJ_min_1314.jpg
A.J. Price
27 year old , 6-2, 195 lb G from Connecticut
1.6 ppg, 0.4 rpg, 0.6 apg in 4.1 minutes
Outgoing Players
Smith_Jr_nyk_1314.jpg
J.R. Smith
28 year old , 6-6, 220 lb SG from Saint Benedict's Preparatory School (New Jersey)
11.9 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 2.9 apg in 32.0 minutes in 2013-2014
Felton_Raymond_nyk_1314.jpg
Raymond Felton
29 year old , 6-1, 205 lb PG from North Carolina
10.8 ppg, 2.5 rpg, 5.5 apg in 32.7 minutes in 2013-2014
Aldrich_Cole_nyk_1314.jpg
Cole Aldrich
25 year old , 6-11, 245 lb C from Kansas
0.6 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 0.2 apg in 3.0 minutes in 2013-2014
Udrih_Beno_nyk_1314.jpg
Beno Udrih
31 year old , 6-3, 210 lb G from EA7 Emporio Armani Milano (Italy)
5.7 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 3.6 apg in 19.3 minutes in 2013-2014

T'Wolves

Rubio/Felton/Udrih
Martin/Smith/Schved
Budinger/Cunningham/Mohammad
Love/Mbah a Moute
Pekovic/Turiaf/Aldrich

Knicks

Prigioni/Barea/Murray
Brewer/Hardaway Jr.
World Peace/Shumpert
Anthony/Bargnani/Martin/Tyler
Chandler/Stoudemire/Dieng

As long as Felton is in the trade because if not then Felton will still play 32 minutes a game......Woody would not use JJ in instead of Felton.....He has Prigs who is better then Felton and Felton still averages 32 plus

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
iono, I just didn't feel like including Shumpert or Hardaway in a trade.

Thats why Im so nervous about the trade deadline.

Will a team accept anything from us if Iman or Tim aren't including?
It's sad that our young players can't even develop consistently on this team. There's no direction, except maybe a negative one.

Get a new coach, have Hardaway, Jr., Murry, and maybe Aldrich and/or Tyler be a part of the regular rotation, make a big objective to develop them, and cut Melo's minutes down. Hopefully Melo likes what he sees with our younger guys and takes a pay-cut.

I still want our team to get younger, but we do have a few young guys, why not make the effort developing them? Our team might be better giving them minutes rather than J.R. and Felton. J.R. is a fool and Felton is either on or off. I don't mind Felton as a back-up, he has his games, seems like a good guy, but yeah.

metrocard

Legend
It's sad that our young players can't even develop consistently on this team. There's no direction, except maybe a negative one.

Get a new coach, have Hardaway, Jr., Murry, and maybe Aldrich and/or Tyler be a part of the regular rotation, make a big objective to develop them, and cut Melo's minutes down. Hopefully Melo likes what he sees with our younger guys and takes a pay-cut.

I still want our team to get younger, but we do have a few young guys, why not make the effort developing them? Our team might be better giving them minutes rather than J.R. and Felton. J.R. is a fool and Felton is either on or off. I don't mind Felton as a back-up, he has his games, seems like a good guy, but yeah.

To me Felton is off all the time. If he plays good offensively hes playing worse defensively. not even a zero sum player ,he's negative.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Metro .... u shouldnt have went there
Its hard to focus on a solution when so many are in denial of the problem ....

Lebron James is a Point-Foward, who can rebound the ball on the defensive-end of the court, and within 5 seconds are dunking the ball on the offensive-end of the court.
The fastest ball handler in the league.

Our Knicks problem is simple ....
Carmelo Anthony is not a point-foward .. nor is he a Power-foward.
Carmelo Anthony is just a perimeter scoring-foward, we need to treat as such (Allan Houston).
We need to stop treating Melo as our dum advertisement does .. "The Melo's Knicks"

Here's 8 of our biggest problems ....
1) Letting Melo take the ball out of all our PG hands is our big Knicks PROBLEM.
2) Letting Melo consistently dribble the ball from one end of the court to the other end is our PROBLEM.
3) Melo is not a uptempo-running player.
4) Melo never participate in a transition-offense or fastbreak-offense when it involves running from one end to next end of court.
5) Melo is not going to commit any fouls the first three quarters of the game.
6) Melo never ask to be taken out of the game for any reason.
7) Melo is only worried about getting his stats.
8) Our headcoach is a private when compared to General Carmelo Anthony.

The reason why Denver traded Allen Iverson were AI made every offensive-possession into a running transition play.
Did u recall the season Melo went to the WCF, PG-Billups never let Melo bring the ball upcourt as a PG.
That was the reason why a career 25 pts Melo only average 22 pts a game that season.

The following season with the assistant headcoach coaching the Denver Nuggets 82 game season (coach Karl out with season injury), the assistant-coach let Melo consistently take the ball out of backup PG-Ty Lawson hands to slow dribble the ball upcourt to average 28 pts in the 2009-10 season, plus to get knocked out in the first round of the playoffs...
Do the after-math on Carmelo Anthony from that season .. the start of the 2010-11 season "Im goin FA"

The only way the Denver Nuggets could trade BALLHOGGER ISO-Melo was to throw Chauncey Billups into the trade too. Do u think Melo & Billups were good friends, or good teammates?

PS Chauncey Billups was a FA in the 2013 offseason, untill Sept. when Detroit sign him as a player to be their assistant-coach to tutor PG-Brendan Jenning.
The Knicks had plenty of time and chance to sign FA "Billups & MWP" in the offseason to be our experience veteran leaders on the bench to give solution to tight situation to pull out a win.

You make a good point but there is no other offensive force on the team. So I don't really see the Knicks winning if Melo takes fewer shots. The team is poorly constructed and Billups is long gone. Bring in a quality PG should be the first objective and bench Felton. I think Melo is willing to do all of the things you've mentioned as long as there is some consistency with the team and he can trust someone else to step up. That aint going to be JR or Stats so Melo has to play his game.

Paul1355

All Star
I've stated reasons why I don't think we do in the Team Melo thread. We don't have a star PG, but it's not like any of them are anywhere near the level of Duhon when he was on the Knicks. We even have youth with potential in Murry.

I don't see the point in making any big moves for a PG unless we could get someone special such as Rubio or Curry. Woodson has been at fault a lot with his coaching decisions.
we dont need a star PG, we just need a legit PG....Felton is really bad...he honestly at best a back up PG (7th or 8th man off a bench)...

He doesnt deserve to start anymore but stubborn Woodson keeps playing the vets.

We got more production out of Tourre Murray who played in D league last season!

Pablo has all the stats pointing him to the ebst on floor general and when u watch game the offense flows more with him. Felton is a sg in a small body...a tweener that doesnt know how to use his speed to his advantage and he shoots too much.

Palo should start with Felton and Mourre backing up interchangably