Eddy Curry

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow well ive noticed not alot of people like Eddy Curry? ok well i understand he cant block a 2 year old and he cant rebound...but its funny because im pretty sure hes a REALLY GOOD OFFENSIVE player or no? he get doubled team inside once he gets the ball and well that means some1s open no? and he got great foot work and great low post position no? well i 4got what game it was but eddy when he was getting doubled teamed he would pass it out and the guard would MAKE there shots! and then next game the guards flat out missed there shots...so if i was curry idk what i would do...i mean really he probably one of the top centers in the nba...i mean have u seen centers lately...cant even post up a 6 foot guard and the miss lay ups...like in the all star selection theres like how many centers 2 choose from? i wonder y and most dont even deserve 2 be there...wow u guys want a shot blocker so bad ok i would get 1 but not leave curry cause the chances are that shot blocker wont be able 2 lay it up...and the LEE CONVERSATION! i like him and all but does any1 know what happens when he starts?

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
You want to know the truth why almost everybody wants Curry out of New York.Its b/c this kid has all the talent in the world to dominate every game he plays in BUT the guy only plays when he wants to and that isn't accepable in NY.He has the talent to become one of the best centers in the NBA BUT he is to lazy to give 110% every game.Why do you think he keeps gettig benched two minutes after the game starts?? Its b/c he does'nt even try out there.He gets chance after chance out there everynight yet he only plays when he wants to play and that is'nt hurting nobody but himself.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing againist Curry I would like to see him become the force in the NBA that we all know he can be.To become a force in the NBA you have to play hard and give it 110% everynight and the fact is Curry does'nt do that.Don't even compare Lee and Curry b/c Lee would easily win that battle.If Curry would play half as hard has Lee and Balkman does then he would be unstopable in the NBA.

Starks

Starter
Eddy Curry is clearly in Isaiah's doghouse right now. The plan was to have Curry be the nucleus of the offense, and team.... but it's starting to backfire. Everything Scott Skiles criticized about Eddy seems to be true.

Eddy Curry is an above average player, but not a franchise player. I'm not even sure he believes in himself to be honest. Remember early last year how shocked Curry was when he found out Thomas thought of him as a franchise player?

Eddy Curry doesn't belong here. I think the best destination for him would be LA, or Washington.

The way he's been getting pulled out of games so quickly, Isaiah is probably realizing yet again that his direction and vision of the team was brutally flawed.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree starks, good post. You described it best when you said hes an above average player, but not a franchise player. Dwight Howard has become a beast. He had 30 points and 23 rebounds last night. Curry would have to look that up to find out what it means. I didnt think I'd say this but I'd even take Dwight over Amare. The only thing about Dwight is hes still not a good offensive player even though his scoring average is up. He gets most of his points off of dunks, hes gettin better at posting other players up bkut he still has work to do.

Someone stronger then Dwight like Eddy Curry should have no problem defending him. Just keep him away from the basket, but Eddy is not a good or smart defender. What are they teaching Curry? I think they work too hard on his offense and forget about defense. Thats part of the problem, Curry usually doesnt try on defense also. I think Curry should smarten up and make defense and rebounding his main focus. When Zach Randolph is hittin his shots, hes much better offensively then Curry. He can hit the long jumpshots and he can post other players up. Zach cant get off the ground but because hes a smart player he can still score and rebound. He doesnt always use his High basketball IQ, and at times is too selfish but hes not far away from being a great player for this knicks basketball team. Hes just got a couple of small things to work on.

metrocard

Legend
Eddy Curry wouldn't be playing basketball if he wasn't 6"11. He really has no interest or work ethic in improving his flaws. What an awful awful trade.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This is one of those situations where every one bashes a guy due to a few rough spots but then jumps on his nuts when he has a 28 pt 11 rebound game. Curry is soft due to poor coaching. He never played in college and the Bulls didn't know how to develop him. Now he's in NY with more shitty coaching. (Not excuses, just the truth.) Now think how much better Curry would potentially be if Patrick Ewing were coaching him. Just look what Ewing did for Yao Ming. Ming was soft and some said he wasn't NBA ready until Ewing joined the Rockets coaching staff. But if you guys really think Curry is ass, give me one realistic trade that would bring us a center better than Curry.... You can't do it can ya?

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
ok i knwo i get all ur points...and woah the david lee part no...NO...please hes a nochioni and just a spark of the BENCH 4 us like most teams have a energy player like Lee...even with currys flaws he still is better than lee...i mean does Lee have and offanse other than gettin a tip in? i mean he either makes it or gets air...and like one thing dow we have the chance to pound teams down low which we can do and when they double us we have the chance 2 punish them in the perimeter...look we dont have no PERIMETER players...yea we do but not good enough 2 make it when they WIDE OPEN! like ugh i saw micheal redd and i just though god we need a good shooter...and like one thing we get rid of curry whos going 2 be our center...i mean how many centers can play like curry...and if we get a defensive center than we will only have zach down low?(and our guards well arent the best shooters).... cause really whos an offansive force as a center other than dwight, stoudamire, and yao? and those are franchise players so ya no chance in getting them

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
AND THANK YOU DONCRIS! like 4 real how many centers are good in the nba? like c mon! and yea i think we need a denfensive coach now 2 help eddy...i mean hey the coaches did good teaching him offanse not FIRE THEM AND GET DEFENSIVE COAHCES =D

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I think the Ostertag trade was just said for fun.. Eddy actually has trade value believe it or not. Teams with a unselfish offense would like Eddy Curry on the team for easy buckets. Andrew Bogot showed me he is a excellent defensive player during the Knicks game on Friday. Trade EC for Bogot.. I am not sure it would work..OR EC and Filler for Tyson Chandler... With Eddy Curry gone the knicks can shop around JC. Even though he is my favorite player I would shop him around. EC and JC are a dinamic duo. So without Curry Jamal can go too.
BOGOT or Chandler (Defense Rebounding)
Randolph(Offense & Rebounding)
Q-Rich (All around)
(Someone Else)
PG..........

Speaking of that I would get rid of Marbury.... Jamaal Tinsely and a 1st round pick thats fair.(note Jamaal is a great PG defender.. He is struggling on the offensive end))
Jamal Crawford and Filler for Nick Young, Haywood, and Songalia (A player Knicks wanted not to long ago)

Jamal I would still want to keep... I dont know I think he can improve if he wants too.

But I would like the line up to be like this

Bogot or Chandler
Randolph
Q Rich
Nick Young or Jamal Crawford
Jamaal Tinsley.

I know you all hate my trading style but hey it might work.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Ostertag is 34. How many years does he have left in the tank? That trade would work for Utah but not for NY.

I think Ostertag is older then that and hes retired. I was bein serious about Kurt Thomas, it would be a bad trade because of a 10 years age difference but I believe that Kurt Thomas is a better center then Curry. I would lov to hav Tyson Chandler on this team, but New Orleans aint gonna giv him up.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I do want to say one small thing in Curry's defense.

He's obviously not a "good" rebounder, but one of the reasons his rebounds are down this year is that Zach is such a good rebounder. There are only so many missed shots and rebound possibilities per game. So if you add a player that is especially good at rebounding, he will take rebounds away from the other players. I think even Lee's rebounds per 48 minutes are down a bit- most likely for the same reason. When he's in with Randolph, Zach gets a few rebounds that Lee would have otherwise gotten and did get last year. Without Zach in the lineup, both Lee and Curry would probably have more rebounds. Sometimes pure stats are misleading.

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
how old is jamal tinsley? man and all the experts and its common sense we can dominate in the down low...is that idk man we just need better coaching i got no problem with the roster at all accept 4 marbury but marbury is still a treat 2 teams so idk man