Knicks to inquire about trade for Nash

Like you guys I'd be pissed if we traded Felton for Nash even though he's playing really well. Felton is younger and has been putting up servicable numbers as well.. This just shows furthur more how Dantoni thinks getting more fine tuned on offense will cover up our fundemental deficiencies in the other phases of the game. SMFH

KingCharles34

All Star
no Feltons been playing superb. we dont need nash, i dont wanna be the Suns.

Im kinda struggling with this right here. I agree about Felton, his turnover might be sorta high but he defends, scores, and passes. Riverside Ray been doin his thing

Nash...what he can do for a teams offense, very few other point guards can match him. I think we would be a better team in the short term with Nash even though he doesnt defend.

But Id still rather have Felton...Defense wins games. I cant front no more on Nash though, he got 28 and 14 the other night. I realize now hes the reason why Dantonis and Stoudemires reputations got boosted up. Nash was the real genius behind that team and made everybody look better then they are. Not to take away from Stoudemire, hes a great finisher and hes got a nice mid range game. But I kinda think hes a very good role player/borderline star.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Im kinda struggling with this right here. I agree about Felton, his turnover might be sorta high but he defends, scores, and passes. Riverside Ray been doin his thing

Nash...what he can do for a teams offense, very few other point guards can match him. I think we would be a better team in the short term with Nash even though he doesnt defend.

But Id still rather have Felton...Defense wins games. I cant front no more on Nash though, he got 28 and 14 the other night. I realize now hes the reason why Dantonis and Stoudemires reputations got boosted up. Nash was the real genius behind that team and made everybody look better then they are. Not to take away from Stoudemire, hes a great finisher and hes got a nice mid range game. But I kinda think hes a very good role player/borderline star.

well yea Nash would instantly make us a good team, but my thing is this why trade young assets for a Pg who will only be good for another year or so this guy will be 37 by the end of the season. that would just be another dumb move by management. Keep those pieces and continue working out a deal for Melo thats more important

as for STAT he's better then this with or without nash he just needs to adjust, i thing he's the best PF in the league but he's not someone to carry a team he needs another star with him you know. he's not on his game right now he's needs to get it together and he'll figure it out. off all the problems and worries i have right now STAT isnt one of them.
everygame it seems amar'e is getting the ball out of position or too far from the basket( even further then his jumpshot range ) and Dam'phony hasnt changed any of that i think the problem lies in the coach...thats just me

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Don't trade for him. If we wanted a superstar PG we could have signed Iverson to a great deal.

We have a young Felton and Douglas. They provide offense and defense. I'm a Nash fan, but I don't want to trade for him unless they want Curry straight up.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
well yea Nash would instantly make us a good team, but my thing is this why trade young assets for a Pg who will only be good for another year or so this guy will be 37 by the end of the season. that would just be another dumb move by management. Keep those pieces and continue working out a deal for Melo thats more important

as for STAT he's better then this with or without nash he just needs to adjust, i thing he's the best PF in the league but he's not someone to carry a team he needs another star with him you know. he's not on his game right now he's needs to get it together and he'll figure it out. off all the problems and worries i have right now STAT isnt one of them.
everygame it seems amar'e is getting the ball out of position or too far from the basket( even further then his jumpshot range ) and Dam'phony hasnt changed any of that i think the problem lies in the coach...thats just me

Yea thats a good point you made in your first paragraph, why trade pieces for a 37 year old point guard no matter how good he is? It'd kinda be like doing what we did last year with the McGrady trade, even though Nash is far superior to Tmac and it kinda hurts me to say that, i loved Tmac back in the day (no homo)

And thats true about Stoudemire, hes better then hes looked. It bothers me how when he gets the ball theres no one ever cutting, looking to go backdoor (no homo), or poppin out for a 3.

Felton, Amare, and Chandler have kept it thorough for the most part, Turiaf too. We need this guy back but other then those four, the rest of the players on our team make me wanna choke on a chicken bone or some weed smoke

Paul1355

All Star
^^^ Best trade idea I've read on this site all season:agreed: :beer::smokin:

..... anyone else think this will be Mike's last ditch effort to save his job? :thumbsup::teeth:
if we get nash than this would be totally embarissing....it tells the entire NBA that Amare and MIke D can't win without Steve Nash being the real coach/leader....I dont want this to happen

Plus Nash cant play defense!

gut the roster for Melo

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if we get nash than this would be totally embarissing....it tells the entire NBA that Amare and MIke D can't win without Steve Nash being the real coach/leader....I dont want this to happen

Plus Nash cant play defense!

gut the roster for Melo

loll he was reffering to my trade propsal that has Mike dam'phony traded to ESPN for JVG