STAT Knows What's Good For Him - Makes Public Plea To Nash

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Amar?e Stoudemire issued a public plea to Steve Nash, his former Phoenix Suns teammate who will be a free agent on July 1, to join him in New York.

?Everyone knows that Steve loves New York and that New York loves Steve,? Stoudemire told The Daily News. ?I love Steve. It would be great to have him here next year.

Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+Phoenix+Suns+9YRnKfDPJgCl.jpg

It is believed that the Knicks would have a better chance at signing Nash if his former coach, Mike D?Antoni, was still coaching the Knicks. However, a source close to Nash asked the veteran that same question and Nash responded by saying he isn?t ?ruling out anybody at this point.?

via Frank Isola and Kevin Armstrong of the New York Daily News

http://www.hoopsworld.com/amare-makes-public-plea-for-nash-to-knicks

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
>.< you beat me to this, was just about to post it ha.

Lets face it Amare is not getting traded not even to the bobcats, nobody is taking on that contract we all have to grasp this simple fact in.

I highly doubt Melo will get traded either... Between Lin + Melo = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ in Dolans pockets. we all have to the grasp that simple fact as well hate it or love it.

IMO, why not Nash? WHY the hell not?

Lets break it down

Nash last time i checked was looking for a 3 year deal this summer WE SHOULD GIVE IT TO HIM and here's why

1. -Nash is the perfect mentor for Lin. I know ALOT of you like Lin as a starter but why not him come off the bench?? to win in this league unless your the Miami heat a STRONG BENCH IS A MUST.

2. -We are stuck with Amare right? what PG in this league knows Amare better than NASH? if we are going to be stuck with Amare we might as well reunite these two

3.- Nash presence on the floor will take much needed pressure off Carmelo as well as control the amount of shots he will be taking.

4.- Nash can also be the key to Chandlers effectiveness offensively, all Chandler needs is a PG to get him going and we seen what LIN was able to do with Chandler Just imagine a Nas/Chandler P&R with Amare & Carmelo as your other options to dish it to.

5.- Nash makes EVERYONE on the floor better & controls the tempo of games at ALL TIMES. Lin makes people better but he not of yet is able to control tempos of a game ( in time his skills will develop)

6.- NASH is in F*cking great shape <-- no homo he can do 3 more years

7- - MELO/CHANLDER/AMARE come off the books 2014/2015 season, if we give Nash the 3 year deal he desires he is coming off the books in 3 years.

You maybe wondering what happens to Lin, well its simple... give him the MLE every year and have him come off the bench as nashes backup until the 2014/2015 season were Amare,Chandler,Nash and Melo would all come off the books if their still here. Then we can sign LIN to a big extension contract and rebuild all over while building around LIN who should be a franchise player by then. Of course this only works if LIN is willing to ride the bench for 3 years
:beer:

Forrest17

Rotation player
I don't think we don't have the money to sign him. There is zero chance he will play for a minimum contract.

NYk_Reloaded718

&#9733;KNICKS-TAPE&#9733;
I don't think we don't have the money to sign him. There is zero chance he will play for a minimum contract.
Thats true, Amare is the x-factor here in that situation. If he can convince Nash to sign i think Nash signs... Nash does spend his summers in New york so you never know its a 50- 50 chance. Dantoni was probably more of the key to getting nash though as crazy said. Nash isn't ruling anything out either though

oshi

Benchwarmer
It won't happen unless Lin goes which also won't happen. I don't see Lin playing backup PG at this point and neither can be switched to the 2.

Also for a high assist PG Melo isn't ideal to work with. Melo makes more bad shots off dribble than open catch and shoot ones honestly, and we all know Melo likes to dominate the ball and isolate. If we didn't have Lin he would sign here for sure I think tho

KingCharles34

All Star
It won't happen unless Lin goes which also won't happen. I don't see Lin playing backup PG at this point and neither can be switched to the 2.

Also for a high assist PG Melo isn't ideal to work with. Melo makes more bad shots off dribble than open catch and shoot ones honestly, and we all know Melo likes to dominate the ball and isolate. If we didn't have Lin he would sign here for sure I think tho

Exactly what i was thinking, by saying this Stat is basically saying he'd rather have Nash then Lin as his point guard. While i have nothing against that opinion, assume Lins back here next year (which is very likely), Stats complaining about his teammates. It made me sick when he kept talking about how "we have to play harder" before the playoffs and during the playoffs. Hes the biggest problem on the team, he needs to stop b*tchin and crying for Nash and take responsibility for his own self. I swear Nash is like his father, Nash looked out for Amare and got him that 100 million

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
A PG rotation of Nash/Lin/Bibby , assuming Nash and Bibby take the vets min.. would be amazing... Lin would learn so much from Nash, who i don't think has more than 2 seasons left in the NBA, and we've seen Bibby can give some good minutes as a vet PG.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
No freaking way Nash takes a veteran minimum contract. Last time I checked he was looking for a long term option and it's likely going to be Phoenix. No matter what BS Amare says.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
Then Amare needs to encourage Nash to come here for the vets min, and pay the balance out of his own pocket.

Amar'e only got his 100 million because of what he did previously with Nash anyway.

Kiyaman

Legend
Then Amare needs to encourage Nash to come here for the vets min, and pay the balance out of his own pocket.

Amar'e only got his 100 million because of what he did previously with Nash anyway.

It was what Amare did under coach Gentry.
Amare's an emotional dynamic player, u give Amare 14+ fga per game and u have a 65% chance on winning with a pump-up Amare.....Nash kept Amare pumped-up with alley-oop dunks and slashing to the basket dunks.
Our so-call star point-foward has limited Amare to 8 fga per game from the peremeter since the Melo-trade.

Amare beat the Championship Spurs two games in a playoff series without PG-Nash, plus won the rookie of the year without PG-Nash.
Amare receive a $100M contract offer from a very desperate president Donnie Walsh who seen there was "NO" 2010 Star FA interested in coming to New York to play under a clueless DNP headcoach Dantoni for the next two seasons.
When a certain Suns lockerroom leader and most minute played player under Dantoni's tour in Phoenix, showed no interest or comment on coming to New York to play under his ex-headcoach Dantoni, when he demanded a trade from Pat Riley in his final contract year in 2009.....the story was written on the wall.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Nash is not coming here, unless Management moves Stat... Then Nash with Melo could actually be something worth seeing...

mafra

Legend
Watch we sign Nash & trade Amar'e.

STAT to ORL, with Bynum. Hedu & Howard to LAK. Scola & Martin to NYK. Gasol, TD & draft picks to HOU (maybe Big Baby too).

Knicks go with:

Nash
Martin
Melo
Scola
Chandler

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Nash is perfect. Pass FIRST insnt that what need?? A floor general who can create ALL DAY and spread the floor. A player who loves to make his team better, can NEVER hurt...

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Would love Nash but with our current cap situation how is that even plausible?

Even if we let all our other free agents walk and keep Lin who we all know isn't going anywhere

What contract do you expect Nash to take under that circumstance?

Vet minimum? sorry sadly its not happening. Great pipe dream though

Seriously?

Don't want Nash here. He's past his prime. Knick's fan's seriously need to stop with this type of thinking!

''Stop looking for the quick FIX''

I bet other franchises love the Knicks ''Quick let's patch it up'' Approach.

No, that Shi* ends Today!.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
Don't want Nash here. He's past his prime. Knick's fan's seriously need to stop with this type of thinking!

''Stop looking for the quick FIX''

I bet other franchises love the Knicks ''Quick let's patch it up'' Approach.

No, that Shi* ends Today!.

Nash is passed his prime but he lead the league in assist this year? This year was one of his best seasons stat wise so what are you talking about? Take away some turnovers because he was trying to create on his suck ass team, and its almost a perfect year. He almost took the suns to the playoffs dolo. You act like next year is his last smh. I'll tell you one thing he's farrrrrr from Baron and Bibby. If anyone can get Melos respect/trust as a floor general NASH CAN.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
If you watched Game 7 of the Clips-Grizz series, Jeremy L-errrrr Chris Paul was shut down offensively, but he won the game with defense and rebounding.......... I've never seen Steve Nash win a game like that.

Reminded me of so much of how Jeremy Lin won those games in Indy and Philly.....

Steve Nash will never win a big game because if he's shut down offensively, he can't find other ways to win. This is why he's always come up short in the post season. Even when he played with Amare.

But then again, if the Suns do get Lin in a trade with Nash, I'll buy season tix........ I happen to live in Phx.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
People have said Jeremy Lin is only "slightly better" than Steve Nash defensively..........

Well Jeremy Lin had five steals in a game (against Dallas) in his abbreviated season....... (He had 4 steals in three other games.) How many times has Steve Nash done that in his 16-year career? JUST ONCE!

(Nash had three steals in a game only once this season. His last 4-steal game was on March 3, 2009.)

And Jeremy Lin had three blocked shots in a game in this shortened season (the game in Chicago where Derrick Rose got hurt on one of those plays)......... How many times has Steve Nash done that in his 16-year career? NEVER!!!!

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
no worries Nash will end up in Orlando with MDA, then if we are lucky we can send Stat to join them. Everyone wins! :evil:

rather develop Lin, could be that diamond in the rough that we have missed many years